Is a support build for WvW a thing?

in Necromancer

Posted by: clyde price.9278

clyde price.9278

Hi folks. I started GW2 roughly two weeks ago. I currently have a necromancer at lvl 49 and I’ve been having a good time with it. I do mainly PvE and WvW. Haven’t done much dungeoning though. Due to me not wanting the hastle of having to prove myself worthy. So when I get to lvl 80 I just want to run WvW with this character. I don’t know if roaming is a good idea for necros unless they are speced and skilled. So for me I would like to contribute more to the front line in the sense of weakens, heals, regeneration, rezzing, enemy boo. Stripping, etc. I just want to make it to where the zerg or small group I am with can take down enemies quicker while sustaining team mated a bit in battle. Is that possible? Has anyone tried it with any degree of success? Is it frowned upon to build like this? I’m just trying so find an alternate way of contribution since I can’t seem to evade my opponents… Ever lol. Spectral wall is OK along with spectral walk or warhorn 5, but for me there is a major element of combat missing that I thought I could get around.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Sure Marks are great and Wells when fighting large groups are fine but but the necro class isn’t really a support class. Probably the best way to support is to go full DPS power or condie and using well placed fears.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

Your support is done by maximizing your damage while still being able to stay alive. If you have a commander who knows how to well bomb you hold your wells until called for and drop them where you’re asked to. If done correctly you should start pressing F to collect your bags.

Jade Quarry since Beta

in Necromancer

Posted by: Samis.1750

Samis.1750

If you want to run a support class, I would suggest starting a guardian.

Necromancers are mainly debuffers in wvw along with providing some damage that most classes do as well. Staff marks, wells, plague form, etc. work well in large fights. In smaller fights there are different options, but none involve healing to any serious degree.

Aside from healing not scaling well in this game, at present necromancers are unable to heal themselves in death shroud (aside from maybe a trait or 2).

Tarnished Coast