Sorem.9157

Play Power Reaper on sPvP? I can’t seem to make it work anymore

If so, please share build and tips

MIGHTY SOREM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

Posted by: Regon Phoenix.8215

Regon Phoenix.8215

When you fall, i will be right behind you and whisper: “Who will protect you now?”

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

It is amazing how dependent Necromancer is on scepter’s sure bleed and poison application and the profession’s boon corruption. Those two things seem to dominate balance, which is unfortunate because Necro can be so much more if the wide variety of power builds were viable.

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Hopefully more things, Power related will be more viable soon with the patch coming up, love to see comparable Power builds come up.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

Posted by: livlaender.8790

livlaender.8790

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBIhZ6kZTocTsbTw2GgeTscMYR9stVAI+G+DHiULhnQsC-TJBFwADOFAAeCAl2foaZAA

i played this build from diamond to legendary tier in last pvp season (one needs to kite a lot and position proper)…, in some situations this build lacks condiclear (especialy against condireapers and condiberserkers), just use consume conditions instead of your soul is mine, if you think you need the extra condiclear

die Gedanken sind frei

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

The major issue with Power Necromacer is that it is too easily kited, due to lack of a reliable high-damage ranged weapon. The reason it’s almost impossible to see consistent success with Power Necromancer is because conditions are the meta currently, and Power Necromancer completely eats it to consistent Chill, Cripple, Immobilize, and Weakness uptime. It’s obviously possible to gear out your utilities for heavy mitigation by running Plague Signet, Suffer, Well of Power, etc., but uptime simply makes overall performance too high-variance. It was possible to see reasonable success with Berserker Greatsword Reaper in season’s past, but that was due to the effectiveness of Durability runes more than most other things.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

The major issue with Power Necromacer is that it is too easily kited, due to lack of a reliable high-damage ranged weapon. The reason it’s almost impossible to see consistent success with Power Necromancer is because conditions are the meta currently, and Power Necromancer completely eats it to consistent Chill, Cripple, Immobilize, and Weakness uptime. It’s obviously possible to gear out your utilities for heavy mitigation by running Plague Signet, Suffer, Well of Power, etc., but uptime simply makes overall performance too high-variance. It was possible to see reasonable success with Berserker Greatsword Reaper in season’s past, but that was due to the effectiveness of Durability runes more than most other things.

The issue with power necro has nothing to do with condi being meta. 3 out of 9 classes are currently running condi meta builds, that is hardly a condi meta. Power nexro has same issues as always, low mobility, easily focused, and easily avoidable attacks.

That being said, I have had suprising success with a minion master build. Nothing special for highly competitive games, but very suitable for your average low tier solo queues.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero Solstice.9754

Zero Solstice.9754

The issue with power necro has nothing to do with condi being meta. 3 out of 9 classes are currently running condi meta builds, that is hardly a condi meta. Power nexro has same issues as always, low mobility, easily focused, and easily avoidable attacks.

1. 3 classes out of 9 are condi, but all 3 of the classes are the meta. Mesmers, Warriors, and Necros make up every game of PvP you play in, assuming you are in average-to-high-level games.

2. You restated my own point: Power Necro is too easily kited. The lack of sustain and “easily avoidable attacks” are (mostly) irrelevant to the issue of being kited, they simply mean that while being kited, you die faster and with less hassle than some other classes.

“Reaper’s only big weakness will be that you have to play Necromancer to use it”
~Bhawb.7409

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Necro as a whole is easily kited. Even without cripple, chill, and immobilize. And out of those 9 professions, 8 are meta just as the 3 condi builds are. Still not a “condi meta.” Just pointing out that the power necro’s shortcomings aren’t tied to a “condi meta.”

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I’ve gotten power to work quite well in wvw, but I don’t see a real path forward in spvp. Power necro/reaper is fairly reliant on shroud for damage, and building and maintaining life force in spvp is a very big challenge.

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

U can play power if u join a team and have players peeling for u.
But soloing its too hard to play glass power.
Because a thief or rev i mean any 1 actually just almost insta kill u, again im talking equal skill players, but if u youtube it u can see some heroes running gs and killing every one.
Necro is dependent of life force and we start the game with 0, and since we have no blocks or invuls when they target u , u will just die.
The best u can do is carrion on power for solo que if u want power, if u run with a team then viper or marauder looks nice.
But if u want to be realistic and not be dying every 30 seconds and u really want to play power then i advise u carrion .gl

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

But if u want to be realistic and not be dying every 30 seconds and u really want to play power then i advise u carrion .gl

I think you mean paladin.
Also, you can afford to run a glassy amulet if you pick certain traits and utility skills.

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

Both scepter and axe skills are designed to hit despite your opponent kiting but only scepter DoT lingers when a target escapes range and only scepter conditions require constant clearing.

Axe, the only ranged power weapon, remains one of Necromancer’s main handicaps in a power build. If it applied cripple or chill on AA to counter kiting, I think the PvP story would change.

Scepter is indifferent to most range because nearly all damage comes from AA. Axe would have to have dps closer to dagger for equal performance.

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

Prince Vingador.8067

Also, you can afford to run a glassy amulet if you pick certain traits and utility skills.

No i ment carrion, reaper can make better use with a carrion than paladin.
But what do i know, probly paladin is the new trend for necro.
Like i said i advise him carrion.

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

flow.6043

No i ment carrion, reaper can make better use with a carrion than paladin.

But a carrion amulet has better synergy with a condi build, so unless you’re going for hybrid, that kinda defeats the purpose of trying to make a power build work.
Besides, if you’re worried about getting focused in team fights and/or without life force, paladin gives you a higher ehp against direct damage.

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

Prince Vingador.8067

I see paladin as a soldier amulet, i really dont like it, diference between carrion and paladin is precision , and u can get the precision from decimate defenses and death perception, but u get good condi also , so u trading a bit of thougness and precision that u dont need for good condi.
Thats why i advise carrion 400 thougness is not bad but u gain more by getting condi damage also.
Its not that 400 that is going to save u but if u really need then u can get in runes and death trait line , paladin vs carrion its easy for me to see carrion is better, what u really losing is thougness vs good vit and condi.

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

Prince Vingador.8067

If u want to run a real power build then use berserker or marauder or destroyer even, but as a necro in solo que u gonna have a hard time since u can only soak damage with ds and no way to completly negate damage.
So if u have to use an amulet with power i use carrion sometimes, i think it gives the best bang for the buck.
Necro is slow on top cant negate damage, if u join solo q and u get no support or healing u are an easy target this is why im advising carrion if u want to play with some power, but yes carrion is not a power amulet, but u probly will do more dps with carrion than with berserker because a dead necro does 0 dps.

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Its not that 400 that is going to save u but if u really need then u can get in runes and death trait line

It’s 560 toughness.
And in its current state Death Magic shouldn’t be used by any build in PvP.

If u want to run a real power build then use berserker or marauder or destroyer even …

I agree, but earlier you said this:

if u want to … not be dying every 30 seconds and u really want to play power then i advise u carrion .gl

…which I took to mean a tanky power option, which carrion simply is not.

I mean, of course you’ll do some direct damage with carrion, but you’re really overestimating Deathly Perception and Decimate Defenses here. (neither of which mandatory picks in a power build btw.)
Stacking PvE-amounts of vulnerability on other players is not happening in PvP, not reliably anyway and even less so in team fights with aoe cleansing.
And regarding DP: base crit chance of 54% in Shroud and 4% out of Shroud. So factoring in the occasional fury or vuln stacks you’re looking at maby 2/3 crits with Shroud and almost no crits without it. Plus, all of that with only 900 power from your amulet and no ferocity at all.
And if you’re really building for power you won’t have many sources for condition damage, which makes the main stat of carrion more of a waste than a bonus.

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

Prince Vingador.8067

560 is correct , i dont use paladins i knew the main stats tho.
Carrion will help u to be in ds longer and a few stacks of poison + burn+ might would help a lot.
Ofc like i said before carrion is not a power amulet ,and i dont use it a lot either but if u want to run some power ,carrion is not bad, what does paladin have over carrion? Precision?
As a necro thats not so important.
I never run 1v1 builds well almost never, and when im vs these gs necros running zerker they last like 10 seconds.
Power glass in solo q as a necro its very hard to play, cause of all this power creep.
Carrion as some power and with some good ds management u can do some real damage.
About death magic i dont use it, but its not that bad like u trying to say, depends on the build u running.
Op cant run power builds so im advising him to try carrion , even tho its not a power amulet it as some power in it.
So running wos+woc+ stun break
Carrion
Deathy perception+decimate defenses
Its doable if he wants some power in his build ofc its not a power glass damage but he will not die as fast either.

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

Anchoku.8142

I never use condition damage stat’s on a build without intending to main scepter. Maybe, just maybe, bleeds from Chill of Death will be improved so that greatsword becomes a true hybrid weapon but the odds of a substantial buff that gives GS enough condi dps to add it to a scepter rotation are low.

Vulnerability in PvP seems pointless without damage scaling from allies because vulnerability does little good when being kited. Necromancer’s vulnerability works better in PvE. It is, after all, a promise of better future damage. Promises like that may not come true.

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

I don’t see why you would take Carrion if you’re trying to do a power build. By doing that, you’re dedicating 1200 of your 3000 attribute points to condition damage, which is what, your 2 stacks of bleed and 3 stacks of poison from your staff sigils and the poison aspect of soul spiral/any other damaging fields that it picks up? If you’re taking carrion, as you say, for the health/life force, why wouldn’t you take Valkyrie or even Barbarian if you really want the hp?

(edited by narcx.3570)

Is anyone managing to

in Necromancer

Prince Vingador.8067

U guys can take wtv u want really, the op looks like he cant play pure damage build, so i advised him carrion because it doensnt rely just on condi damage, u can get the precision from traits and the dps while in ds with dhumfire(burn) + soul spiral(poison)+ bleeds +might on aa will have a nice dps output and he will not die so fast, i try most of the builds u can think of, and its important to find that midle ground of dps plus sustain , but like i said take wtv u want, run gs builds or zerker nps for me, im just trying to help the op.but probly im wrong and i have no clue i just have like 100 pvp games in pvp so just forget what i said and run those zermer amulets with gs and those amulets with thoughness and precision np really and gl i will see u ingame.