Is it just me or are we getting shafted hard?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Please correct me if i’m wrong here, please.

We basically get tons of ways to convert condies to boons and boons to condies…which in raids means jack, cause unique boss boons and condies.
We get tons of torment which is shafted vs raid bosses that are held stationary by the tank. No one’s gonna start kiting boss and change a boss run into merry go around so you can get your torment damage off.
We get burning, but i can see a-net’s doing it’s best to keep it tame – low stacks, internal cooldowns, low durations.
We get barrier which is ….yeah well..what? I don’t think it’s gonna replace a healer, guess bonus utility that actually works in raids…might be nice.
We got mights on elite…with 300 radius….PS warr ain’t losing his spot anytime soon.

And on top of that they wanna gut perfectly good reaper from condi damage, cause kitten good spec that actually let necro be played the way you wanted (tank/condi/power), let’s bucher it, can’t make scourge look bad!

I am not a happy necromancer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

“I am not a happy necromancer.”

bin part of this Forum for 5y and I can tell u there has never bin such a thing as a happy necromancer

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Unless blood magic is buffed significantly, scourge will not see the light of day in raid content. Why provide a barrier with no buffs when you can just get healed and get GotL.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Raids are a tiny fraction of the game. If you can’t see beyond them, then I pity you.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

ZeftheWicked.3076

You show me then that bigger fraction of the game that lets me get legendary armor without raids and then we’ll talk.

Cause i happen to be one of these off-meta kittens that like to do their own building and experimenting without having to run to mystic toilet for every minor stat change.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

We basically get tons of ways to convert condies to boons and boons to condies…which in raids means jack, cause unique boss boons and condies.

Not really anything new, we already had these

We get tons of torment which is shafted vs raid bosses that are held stationary by the tank. No one’s gonna start kiting boss and change a boss run into merry go around so you can get your torment damage off.

Bosses move. Adds move. After trait, torment will deal more damage per stack than bleeding even on stationary targets. Moving targets, tons of damage.

We get burning, but i can see a-net’s doing it’s best to keep it tame – low stacks, internal cooldowns, low durations.

Specifically just on the torment conversion trait it’s a decent amount of burning. Burning is only particularly interesting for Target the Weak overall. Dhuumfire might change to be exceptional though.

We get barrier which is ….yeah well..what? I don’t think it’s gonna replace a healer, guess bonus utility that actually works in raids…might be nice.

This is wrong. Damage absorption is, pound for pound, better than healing. Drastically more useful. The healing tools we already have being rejiggered will likely put Necromancers in a very good spot.

We got mights on elite…with 300 radius….PS warr ain’t losing his spot anytime soon.

We also get Might on Torch 5, 2 stacks per condition on target with 50% baseline uptime. Might on a new Punishment skill (not the elite) with 50% baseline uptime. Trait for Might on Shades as an Adept Minor granting 40% 2-stack uptime, with Shade Savant granting 60% 6-stack uptime to the entire raid.

Between these skills and BiP, Necromancers are going to give PS a serious run for their money. And you can get these and the Barrier traits at the same time.

And on top of that they wanna gut perfectly good reaper from condi damage, cause kitten good spec that actually let necro be played the way you wanted (tank/condi/power), let’s bucher it, can’t make scourge look bad!

All condi classes are taking a major hit with the food changes. Hybrid reaper’s condition damage comes mainly from Bleeding, and it’s very easy to jack up Bleeding base durations – +85% with Curses, Krait Runes, Agony sigil. The new Griever’s statspread is already an amazing hybrid Reaper statspread and there will be more.

I am not a happy necromancer.

Change this. Scourge is an extremely strong healer that also fills a PS role.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

in Necromancer

ZeftheWicked.3076

If what you say is true, then i’ll be a very happy necromancer. If barrier is that big and condi damage is high enough to not warm the bench with rev, then i welcome it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: jacim.5904

jacim.5904

Couldn’t agree more, not only scourge looks awful but they also nerfed Reaper….

in Necromancer

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

Change this. Scourge is an extremely strong healer that also fills a PS role.

So you think it will be like this: 2x Scourge > PS+Real Healer ?

in Necromancer

Sarrs.4831

So you think it will be like this: 2x Scourge > PS+Real Healer ?

Because of how Barrier works and how it looks Shroud Savant will work, you will probably only want one Scourge across the entire raid. Two Scourges will probably not stack very well. Might/Barrier/Savant Scourge in one party and a scourge just using those Might generating skills for the second party may work to feed the entire raid Might tho.

Without seeing the changes in the upcoming patch though it’s really impossible to say.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

(edited by Sarrs.4831)

in Necromancer

ZeftheWicked.3076

Sarrs – actually you seem to be right, scourge can be pretty strong as a healer i missed the barrier and 2 might stacks traits on his #1 shade skill…

That’s a relief, this spec is starting to look a lot better to me now.
One thing that bothers me….will it interact with soul reaping or blood magic (like transfusion, the heal on leaving shroud trait and generall on-shroud traits from core necro).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

This is wrong. Damage absorption is, pound for pound, better than healing. Drastically more useful.

Explain this one.

in Necromancer

Sarrs.4831

This is wrong. Damage absorption is, pound for pound, better than healing. Drastically more useful.

Explain this one.

A character has 12k HP. They are hit by a 15k hit.

If you place a 5k barrier on them beforehand, they survive with 3k.
If you try to heal them afterwards for 5k, it doesn’t work because they are dead.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Healer and ps that does not have: EA, banners,spirits, spotter,gotl.
Without group utility we will be benched. Vamp aura need to be a multiplier like every one of these group buffs.
These buffs are what make ps and druids so good and a dps increase. Without a group support dps buff, scourge is worthless.

in Necromancer

ZeftheWicked.3076

Scourge can get warr spot i think. Banners affect 10ppl so 1 warr can cover the raid need. Scourge in 2nd group can provide mights and barrier. Big question is how the dps will look like.

Condi DPS around 30k with mights and barrier would give scourge fighting chance to get into raids.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Explain this one.

If you try to heal them afterwards for 5k, it doesn’t work because they are dead.

Ahhhhh!!!!!! BUT! BUT what if you try to heal them afterwards for 15k?! Huh huh?!!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Explain this one.

And it would also improve the benefit from HP threshold relates bonus! I get t it thanks

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azamanaza.5740

Azamanaza.5740

Explain this one.

And it would also improve the benefit from HP threshold relates bonus! I get t it thanks

Everyone, go scholar!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

The spec as a whole looks pretty interesting and because of how it looks to be designed it will be hard to speculate how to use it without actually having our hands on it. Need more information at least. There is a play weekend this month right?

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azamanaza.5740

Azamanaza.5740

The spec as a whole looks pretty interesting and because of how it looks to be designed it will be hard to speculate how to use it without actually having our hands on it. Need more information at least. There is a play weekend this month right?

Yes. But forgot what date. I hope my wife lets me binge. lol

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I like the optimism shown by people when talking about the barrier… However, there is an issue : the decay of this barrier.

Games that successfully use barrier mechanism for healers don’t have this very bothersome decay. It will ask for an awfull lot of reactivty from the necromancer. There is also the lack of real heal alongside those barriers. which mean that whatever happen, a group will need a heal (most likely a druid since it provide so much dps support).

I’m also amazed at seeing that some player are content with skills that provide 50% uptime might… Let’s be serious, group do not take elementalist for their ability to stack might and they are far from being stuck at a mere 50% might uptime. Group take PS warrior because PS warrior don’t need to think about their might output, they just naturally fart this boon without a single thought. You can’t compare a PS warrior to a profession were you have to properly achieve the best possible skill rotation if you don’t want to leave glaring holes in the might output.

The scourge in it’s state won’t replace a druid or a PS warrior in a party. There is no doubt that It will be a fun spec to play but not a competitive spec to play. Remove the decay of the barriers and boost the might duration so that we aren’t oppressed by the skills cool down and it may compete with a PS warrior while allowing some breather to a Druid but that the axiu it will do.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

I like the optimism shown by people when talking about the barrier… However, there is an issue : the decay of this barrier.

Bingo, decay looked pretty fast from the little we saw on the stream. Personally I feel Scourge is the least exciting elite from this expansion. After years of watching Anet screw necros, I just don’t have confidence they’ll balance Scourge right.

And while I’m excited about being shroud-less for the first time, I honestly expected to be given more for the exchange. We’re losing a 2nd health bar, 50% reduction in damage, access to stab, and a small leap. I need more.

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

It looks to start decaying after 2s and will be gone after another 8s. Gaining more barrier resets the 2s timer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Karode.9206

Karode.9206

It looks to start decaying after 2s and will be gone after another 8s. Gaining more barrier resets the 2s timer.

Now what if we could get Vital Persistance trait (I think) To slow the decay of the barrier..

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Now what if we could get Vital Persistance trait (I think) To slow the decay of the barrier..

I hope VP gets changed since its one of those traits that almost feels mandatory.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

yea wanted VP to get baseline since forever but not to optimistic about it.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Durnik Dk.6301

Durnik Dk.6301

Did anyone notice whether or not WP was in combat when he used to barriers?
Could it be that the short duration was caused by not being in combat and the quick decay functioned like the warrior’s adrenaline?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

It could actually be a solid elite. The major question will be how will it work with the other trait lines given shroud is not a thing. So it really will depend on whether or not if there is good trait lines that don’t focus on shroud. What will be nice is the traits that recharge shroud should recharge this faster. I’m really curious if MM will actually buff it a lot given the minions already add damage, toughness, and life force. The problem so far has been that in half of the LS episodes map masteries have been minion destroyers. Hopefully the mount doesn’t wipe minions otherwise it will completely make MM useless in the new area even if it’s better for scourge.

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Did anyone notice whether or not WP was in combat when he used to barriers?
Could it be that the short duration was caused by not being in combat and the quick decay functioned like the warrior’s adrenaline?

Already had that thought and watched him when he is playing weaver, it still decays over 8 seconds over all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

I can see scourge being a thing in newer raids possibly as support. Also can’t forget its going to be the new condi spec so theres that and prob stronger and less spin to win in ice field than the current condi reaper.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Raids are a tiny fraction of the game. If you can’t see beyond them, then I pity you.

it’s a huge fraction for where the class balance matters (wvw/pvp/raids-fotm)
and the flaws of necro are affecting every one of them, except zerging in wvw

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mahou.3924

Mahou.3924

It would – in general – help if ANet stated in which field they envision the elite specs to fill a role. Not that the players would agree with with it, but it helps to put things in a more concentrated perspective. As it is right now, Guardian’s have the same complaints, Thiefs about Deadeye’s in sPVP and Warrior while being mostly hyped PvP-wise, possibly about Spellcaster’s place in PvE (unless boon removal becomes [more] important in pve)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azzara Nectum.1734

Azzara Nectum.1734

Well, I took a closer look at our heal skill:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sand_Flare

Only 4k heal + barrier and convert 1 boon into torment + cripple…

meanwhile Warrior’s new heal:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Natural_Healing

A whopping 12k heal, 7 boons & 7 condi’s removed..

Even warrior’s heal can counter our heal in 2 ways: either no boons to corrupt or easy condi removal..

Yeah, shafted

— Slave of the Free World —

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Explain this one.

It is a general theme shared across many online games – Shields and Absorbs work better against burst. That’s the same reason why in PvP more often than not Vitality is taken over Toughness (e.g. Mercenary’s Amulet>Destroyer’s Amulet), even in nearly full power metas.

Besides, Shields are less prone to overhealing – but that might not be that true in gw2 due to seemingly low cap on max shield. We will wait and see.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Keep in mind that the only Barrier we have seen that is above 1k and not on Scourge has been a Weaver stance with a decent cool down per charge. If “overshielding” happens, it’s because of a Scourge.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Even warrior’s heal can counter our heal in 2 ways: either no boons to corrupt or easy condi removal..

Yeah, shafted

Why did you specifically pick this heal to compare it to?

First of all, Scourge’s heal is a supportive one, as it gives barrier to nearby allies, while the warrior one is selfish. So, compare it to Wash the Pain Away and stuff.

Second, Natural Healing removes boons from warrior himself, which is a pretty big drawback.

Explain this one.

It is a general theme shared across many online games – Shields and Absorbs work better against burst. That’s the same reason why in PvP more often than not Vitality is taken over Toughness (e.g. Mercenary’s Amulet>Destroyer’s Amulet), even in nearly full power metas.

Besides, Shields are less prone to overhealing – but that might not be that true in gw2 due to seemingly low cap on max shield. We will wait and see.

The cap looks to be generous, WP said it scales with vitality (or max heath, it’s not clear), but in his video he had about 24k HP and the cap was a bit more than 11k.

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

The cap looks to be generous, WP said it scales with vitality (or max heath, it’s not clear), but in his video he had about 24k HP and the cap was a bit more than 11k.

Max barrier is half of your maximum health. Its strength scales from healing power and the scaling seem to work the same way healing power works on heals. As in it has. Different base and different multiplier per skill.

in Necromancer

Azzara Nectum.1734

Yeah, shafted

First of all, Scourge’s heal is a supportive one, as it gives barrier to nearby allies, while the warrior one is selfish. So, compare it to Wash the Pain Away and stuff.

Second, Natural Healing removes boons from warrior himself, which is a pretty big drawback.

Mostly because that 1 skill renders our entire boon corrupt useless…
Just imagine that heal skill in PvP…
Happy scourge watching warrior arrive and sees all those glorious boons to corrupt.. But before the warrior is in reach: BOOM, boons gone…
Nothing to corrupt… We’re rendered pretty useless due to 1 warrior skill.. Just 1 to counter all our boon corrupt.. Just 1!
Good thing we have barrier though
I know I am exaggerating a bit here but you get the point…

in Necromancer

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Yeah, shafted

Happy scourge watching warrior arrive and sees all those glorious boons to corrupt.. But before the warrior is in reach: BOOM, boons gone…
Nothing to corrupt… We’re rendered pretty useless due to 1 warrior skill.. Just 1 to counter all our boon corrupt.. Just 1!

So warrior now has no boons and his heal skill is down. Why is that threatening again?

Scourge hardly relies on boon corruption, Necro in general is more than capable of generating conditions and scourge only adds to that.

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)

in Necromancer

Azzara Nectum.1734

Yeah, shafted

So warrior now has no boons and his heal skill is down. Why is that threatening again?

Scourge hardly relies on boon corruption, Necro in general is more than capable of generating conditions and scourge only adds to that.

Then warrior uses dagger 2 to leap to us, we get slowed
Then warrior hits with dagger 3 to daze and stun (which gives added damage)
Followed by dagger 4 (because he has 100% damage increase on that skills since we’re dazed)
In the mean time his traits trigger:
- No Escape: Dazes and stuns inflict immobilize.
- Dispelling Force: Dazes, stuns, pulls, knockdowns, knockbacks, and launches remove boons.
- Loss Aversion: Removing boons from a foe deals damage and gives you adrenaline.
By the time this attack chain is over I reckon the Scourge will be dead…

We can’t transfer condi’s in this chain because we will be dazed and stunned.. Meanwhile Warrior has managed to rip our boons away and inflict damage for each one ripped.. If we do manage to transfer condi’s, then warrior can use Full Counter with trait Revenge Counter trait to just copy them right back on us…
Warrior will be better at removing boons than Necros are.. He can now even copy condi’s to others…
Warrior now has access to what made Necro’s currently quite unique: boon hate and condi transfer (we transfer, he copies but similar effect in the sense that your enemy now gets all the condi’s you’re suffering from)…

I’m sorry but I just don’t see Scourge being anywhere near a decent spec… I like the idea of the sand shades but they are stationary and foes need to be in range for them to actually do anything… Stay clear from the stationary shades and you’re fine..

Ele will be top dog together with Warrior in my opinion in the xpac..
Guardian, Ranger & Engi seem to be in a very good place as well..
Not sure about Mesmer, hate that class, can’t give a kitten about it…
Necro & Rev look the worst to be honest… But let’s wait and see…
We’re all jumping to early conclusions…

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

Ele will be top dog together with Warrior in my opinion in the xpac..
Guardian, Ranger & Engi seem to be in a very good place as well..
Not sure about Mesmer, hate that class, can’t give a kitten about it…
Necro & Rev look the worst to be honest… But let’s wait and see…
We’re all jumping to early conclusions…

Oh I’ve got a slightly different opinion on this!

- I think the ranger’s spec is the top dog. The rangers will gain a real new breath with this, alongside huge build diversity since they will finally benefit from the pets they will chose.
- Following that, obviously, the warrior look pretty op in it’s mage killer spec.
- I’d say that guardian and engi take the 3rd and 4th place. (ex eaquo)
- Thief put himself on 5th place because of the crowd pleasing spec.
- Elementalist and mesmer take the 6th and 7th place due to the fact that while looking good the spec do not address any of the professions main issue. Elementalist will still be tightly tied to earth magic and water magic traitlines while the mesmer will still hit like a wet noddle. (ex aequo).
- 8th… That would be the necromancer. The spec seem not good per se and full on thing that call to nerf as soon as it will be abused in PvP.
- Dead Last is revenant. How could they come up with something so plain and boring? If they wanted to give the revenant the charr racials skills they could have done it in a differnet manner, dont you think? What’s next? An elite spec that summon plant turret on f2/f3/f4 and wield a greatsword? An elite spec that summon a golem suit on f2 and have radiation fields on it’s legend? C’mon that’s so… ridiculously cheap…

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Yeah, shafted

Then warrior uses dagger 2 to leap to us, we get slowed
Then warrior hits with dagger 3 to daze and stun (which gives added damage)
Followed by dagger 4 (because he has 100% damage increase on that skills since we’re dazed)
In the mean time his traits trigger:
- No Escape: Dazes and stuns inflict immobilize.
- Dispelling Force: Dazes, stuns, pulls, knockdowns, knockbacks, and launches remove boons.
- Loss Aversion: Removing boons from a foe deals damage and gives you adrenaline.
By the time this attack chain is over I reckon the Scourge will be dead…

We can’t transfer condi’s in this chain because we will be dazed and stunned.. Meanwhile Warrior has managed to rip our boons away and inflict damage for each one ripped.. If we do manage to transfer condi’s, then warrior can use Full Counter with trait Revenge Counter trait to just copy them right back on us…
Warrior will be better at removing boons than Necros are.. He can now even copy condi’s to others…
Warrior now has access to what made Necro’s currently quite unique: boon hate and condi transfer (we transfer, he copies but similar effect in the sense that your enemy now gets all the condi’s you’re suffering from)…

This is incredibly cherry picked.

I’m sorry but I just don’t see Scourge being anywhere near a decent spec… I like the idea of the sand shades but they are stationary and foes need to be in range for them to actually do anything… Stay clear from the stationary shades and you’re fine..

F2~5 all read “you and your sand shades” doesnt matter if you are near shades or not all the effects happen around the necromancer as well. Shades are more of an area multiplier than a force multiplier.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zero.3871

Zero.3871

i am watching to thee other elite specs again and again and cannot understand why anet dont see by themself, that scourge is trash. as nec since gw2 release, it is exhausting to get punished by anet patch by patch all the years.

every one of the new nec skills are REALLY punishment skills. punishment against every one who is playing nec.

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

i am watching to thee other elite specs again and again and cannot understand why anet dont see by themself, that scourge is trash.

Why?

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

i am watching to thee other elite specs again and again and cannot understand why anet dont see by themself, that scourge is trash.

Why?

Well, scourge is at least more entertaining than renegade. I’d be really infuriated if I had high hope for a revenant e-spec and it ended up with, litterally, a Charr e-spec. Can’t use charr skills while being a revenant? guess what? Here it is the e-spec!!! Next is the wonderfull Greatsword turreter sylvarii e-spec!!!! Followed by an unexpected asura golem suit e-spec… Feel the tears… Feel them!!! Not all are filled with joy, most have regret, rage, and disappointment in them.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Why?

Well, scourge is at least more entertaining than renegade. I’d be really infuriated if I had high hope for a revenant e-spec and it ended up with, litterally, a Charr e-spec. Can’t use charr skills while being a revenant? guess what? Here it is the e-spec!!! Next is the wonderfull Greatsword turreter sylvarii e-spec!!!! Followed by an unexpected asura golem suit e-spec… Feel the tears… Feel them!!! Not all are filled with joy, most have regret, rage, and disappointment in them.

I don’t really give two kittens about the actual Kalla stance. Only the condi range weapon.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.