Is rune of divenity any good for necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rannulf.9417

Rannulf.9417

I’m not talking about sPvP. I’m rolling a burst damage build with staff and wells etc.. so would runes of divenity be any good?

in Necromancer

Posted by: tehdirtyfivethirty.3507

tehdirtyfivethirty.3507

You’re looking at the 2stat/crit dmg aspect, it works well enough for me in spvp that its a standard socket. Pve is ez, any build works and if you’re looking for bursty, divinity is at least a good set to start with.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

I think it’s a great rune for any build.

That said, while I think Necros are a strong class, I don’t think they are a good choice for a burst spec, and hardly even seem capable of burst damage. If you’re looking for a burst spec, I’d look to other classes. It’s just not playing to Necros strengths.

However, feel free to prove me wrong. A burst spec with the innate survivability provided from Death Shroud sounds very strong.

[EG] is recruiting!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

IMO- yes, the Divinity runes are a pretty good way of maximizing your overall character by about +20% if you had all 6 in at 80 (they would actually be much higher % if equipped at lower levels) and being that it would also mean +60 Condition Damage, its applicable to the majority of necros specs.

Quite a lot of us however tend to aim for a Primary and 2 x Tertiary stats to focus our characters which is much higher than 20%, but at the cost of other things. Up to you to weigh up if its worth it.
Something I’ve been interested in doing is experimenting with these, but the sheer $$$ involved has scared me off looking so far, Last I looked a few weeks ago they where the wrong side of 4G each on the trading post.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

A much more efficient way to boost your stats and crit damage is by slotting jewels of your choice into all pieces of your armor. (if you didn’t know that you could use jewels instead of runes)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

A much more efficient way to boost your stats and crit damage is by slotting jewels of your choice into all pieces of your armor. (if you didn’t know that you could use jewels instead of runes)

And how would that be more efficient?

A jewel adds 55 stat points (more for Ruby and Beryl, but ok) while a rune of divinity adds 70 points +2% crit. So what am I missing here? Only if you’re looking to max your crit% do I see why you would prefer jewels.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

So lets see here then:

120 Power, 90 Precision, 12% Critical Damage (45s 90c cost)
vs.
60 Power, Precision, Toughness, Vitality, Healing Power, Condition Damage, 12% Critical Damage. (31g 55s 76c cost)

I would therefor say:

• If your looking for the most possible damage via power and critical damage, Ruby Orbs would be the best option.
  • If you enjoy your defense or tankiness, or do condition damage alot, Divinity Runes are the best option.
Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

(edited by Ascii.9726)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rannulf.9417

Rannulf.9417

You mean orbs?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zintair.1987

Zintair.1987

I think it’s a great rune for any build.

That said, while I think Necros are a strong class, I don’t think they are a good choice for a burst spec, and hardly even seem capable of burst damage. If you’re looking for a burst spec, I’d look to other classes. It’s just not playing to Necros strengths.

However, feel free to prove me wrong. A burst spec with the innate survivability provided from Death Shroud sounds very strong.

You can get the burst, not as good as other classes but you CAN do it.

Marks / WoS/ Bone minion explosion / DS #4

bit of a one hit wonder and not the spec I would sue haha.

I prefer sustained damage and pressure which I apply through hybrid condition and power/crit.

Makes the job of my ele and mesmer friends 10x easier.

[ISA] – Commander
80 Necromancer – Zintair

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oromish.4903

Oromish.4903

Hijacking the thread a bit:
Runes of divinity versus runes of strength and 2x sigil of strength for D/D?

in Necromancer

Posted by: lunartic.3647

lunartic.3647

You mean orbs?

He meant Jewels as in Exquisite Beryl Jewel, etc.