Is this fair or even remotely Balanced ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Weakening Shroud https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weakening_Shroud

It gives us 1 stack of Bleed for 6s then it is Weakness on Crits 10sec ICD

Weakening Strikes https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weakening_Strikes

same 10sec ICD and Weakness on Crit minus the 1 inital stack of Bleed

My questions is Why is ours a GM Trait ? And also dont u think Robert that this kinda makes it really meh as a GM seeing another class gets it as Adept ?

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

It’s not 1 stack bleed for 6s, it’s 2 stack for 10s + 6s weakness ON TOP of the 5s weakness every 10s. Since we can cast DS about every 10s, we have a recipe for perma weakness + additional bleed.
Also, since it triggers on shroud, we have some control over it while just crits + iCD means you can’t time it.

So our trait is way better and worthy of a GM spot.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dreaming serpent.5197

Dreaming serpent.5197

Our trait actually gives 2 stacks of bleeding base 10 seconds, with 6 seconds of weakness.

Imo this is actually a super strong trait (especially if and when weapon switch sigils proc on entering ds) swaping weapons, entering ds and pressing two gives 7 stacks of bleeding, weakness, and chill (with optional vulnerability) onto a target right next to you, in less than a second.

Jake Demoni -Necromancer- “Please stop moa-ing me”

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

Yea I still think theres is to strong as an Adept (and its 5sec Weakness. Perma it isnt

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Also comparing traits in a vacuum is never good. But ours is so so much better.

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

I dont think ours is so much better sry

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

That wiki article is not up to date.
Weakening Shroud triggers a regular Enfeebling Blood, and in addition to that you get a single target weakness on crit with icd.

Also, since the specialization system was implemented, qualifications like adept/master/grandmaster are completely meaningless because you always get the full line anyway.

in Necromancer

Ravezaar.4951

Weakening Shroud triggers a regular Enfeebling Blood, and in addition to that you get a single target weakness on crit with icd.

Also, since the specialization system was implemented, qualifications like adept/master/grandmaster are completely meaningless because you always get the full line anyway.

Yes u do and on that I agree but u still look for more out of a GM Trait and I think they getting so much Weakness is to strong. But nvm

Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

You can get 110% weakness uptime from our one trait alone, it is just fine as a GM, and theirs is fine for an adept, at most 1s too high.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Its comparable to their lotus poison trait in deadly arts so its not like something they dont already have.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

You can get 110% weakness uptime from our one trait alone, it is just fine as a GM, and theirs is fine for an adept, at most 1s too high.

Actually I wonder now, is the enfeeble part on an enfeeble-cooldown (25s)? In this case it will be quite less than 110% (more like 74% on a best case scenario)

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Enfeeble part is anytime you enter shroud.

Honestly Weakening Shroud is a very good trait, worthy of its spot, and pretty much taken by most necros that want to do well 1v1.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Actually I wonder now, is the enfeeble part on an enfeeble-cooldown (25s)? In this case it will be quite less than 110% (more like 74% on a best case scenario)

No ICD at all, meaning even with Speed of Shadows you can proc it every 7s, so technically it can get up to 135% weakness uptime without any condition duration.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Klaeljanus.7695

Klaeljanus.7695

Since the trait system rebuild, there is no difference at cap between an adept trait and a GM trait. You’re locked into the trait line any way you look at it.

As for weakness – Yeah, and engi elixir gun gets 100% weakness uptime. Honestly the game is fun, but horridly balanced, the balance devs seem to each go their own way and do 0 cross-team communication.(See Daredevil getting finishers on dodge and generally everywhere they can possibly fit the combo mechanic vs Necro and Mesmer…, who don’t get combos on weapons, only on utilities with very long CDs, and are best used for things other than a combo.)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Mesmer at least has finishers on five weapons: Leaps on Sword and Staff and Projectiles on Greatsword and Pistol, plus a blast on Torch. Focus and Staff also have combo fields.

Mesmers get to play a lot more with combos than Necros do.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

best case you are gonna get it every 7-10 secs but no 1 is gona flash ds just for that in a fight you die

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The enfeeble that weakening shroud casts is tiny. It has thief pistol 5 size, while the Dagger 5 skill has a well sized AoE.

You probably wolnt hit anything most of the time in pvp/WvW with the traited enfeeble.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Since the trait system rebuild, there is no difference at cap between an adept trait and a GM trait. You’re locked into the trait line any way you look at it.

This is complete and utter crap and we all know it. Sure there isn’t anything that keeps ANet from having every single tier being exactly the same power wise, but they don’t design or balance the game that way. Each trait tier is stronger than the one before it, GM traits are not at all the same as adepts.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

In this case it doesn’t matter which tier it is because the other two GM traits are for condi damage builds. If you are a power necro with curses you take weakening shroud no question. You aren’t giving up anything.

You also have to look at what the daredevil trait competes with. An endurance trait and a damage trait, both things any thief build would want.

Finally, our trait does two things. It gives you the weakness on crit and casts an AoE skill whenever you go into shroud, so it’s a better trait.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

The enfeeble that weakening shroud casts is tiny. It has thief pistol 5 size, while the Dagger 5 skill has a well sized AoE.

You probably wolnt hit anything most of the time in pvp/WvW with the traited enfeeble.

The Enfeeble from the trait is the same size as Enfeebling Blood on dagger 5. They literally work the same except Enfeeble is PBAoE instead of 900 range and doesn’t have a cooldown of its own.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Only if you have a trademark that says so.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

(edited by GreyWraith.8394)