Is this the meta necro power build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rambodacious.7495

Rambodacious.7495

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=;00;3kHFH0A47J-K0;9;4T9;0T59B4;615B5ZW0O;1vhrTvhrTm-FSVHLW10;0VLVQWVX_2f3l42o-G-2i;5cW5PcW5P;9;9;9;9;0k0V1;2577j

I’d use the other editor, but it’s down. The following is for PvE and isn’t really intended for PvP.

So, it’s looking like this has 97% crit rate in death shroud with 78% crit damage bonus. You get 35% bonus damage when the enemy is below 50% health and still sit at 15% when they’re above. You should be sitting around 18ish or more stacks of might. Your life bolt pierces all targets and causes vulnerability for 13 seconds per hit, so the enemy should have around 10ish stacks of vuln just from spamming bolt.

A good rotation would be to come out of shroud, go dagger for quick life gain (popping spectrals if being hit for more life gain), then when you’re about 20 or so % away from being full, swap to axe, hit them with reaper’s scythe and ghastly claws for an extra 9% vuln before heading back into shroud to spam bolts.

Thoughts?

- Muke Muscleshell
- Potluck Massacre [PLUM]
- Sanctum of Rall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

I’ve been running power ever since warriors got zerk stance and cleansing ire. This was also when AR used to be 100% condi duration immune, as well when Ele’s have the immune condi above 90%.

Theres so many hard counters to condi only that power to me seems the more viable necro spec that can handle more builds.

Just try facing a condi warrior with zerk stance/cleansing ire/and longbow. He outcondis and outlasts you. Its really pathetic.

The newer dodge heavy 2 0 0 6 6 thief build is also more condi hate than most thieves. And most bunkers are extremely condi hate as well. There’s a reason why condi hasnt been that big an issue in the highest levels of tpvp.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I’ve been running power ever since warriors got zerk stance and cleansing ire. This was also when AR used to be 100% condi duration immune, as well when Ele’s have the immune condi above 90%.

Theres so many hard counters to condi only that power to me seems the more viable necro spec that can handle more builds.

Just try facing a condi warrior with zerk stance/cleansing ire/and longbow. He outcondis and outlasts you. Its really pathetic.

The newer dodge heavy 2 0 0 6 6 thief build is also more condi hate than most thieves. And most bunkers are extremely condi hate as well. There’s a reason why condi hasnt been that big an issue in the highest levels of tpvp.

This post has literally nothing to do with op’s question.

Now back to topic, drop your spectral skills and pick up well of power and well of corruption. Well of corruption can be swapped out as needed according to the upcoming fight. Drop axe and get another dagger, especially without axe training. Everything else is fine.

Oh, and do not spam Life Blast. Use it as range attack when you have to back off from melee or use death shroud defensively. But your goal should never be to sit in Death Shroud and spam Life Blast.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

(edited by Shaogin.2679)

in Necromancer

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

This is the meta pvp power build. Pve power builds use dagger AA, not deathshroud. See the stickied above.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

The following is for PvE and isn’t really intended for PvP.

Mind me.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

(edited by Rym.1469)

in Necromancer

oxtred.7658

The following is for PvE and isn’t really intended for PvP.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Guide-DPS-Necro-for-PvE/first#post3361399

It’s right at the top. Probably would be safe to wait for the patch before making any kittenumptions since everything / nothing will change.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

PVEing as a necro is useless, just roll a guardian, warrior, thief, or mesmer.

Necro brings nothing to the table, and potentially a whole lot less damage.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Necromancer

oxtred.7658

Their damage on a 10 second span is stupidly high. They do bring something ( condition manipulation, boon corruption, vuln spam), it’s just a) not required in the meta b) something other classes can do with better group utilities. Necro is the selfish class in a support meta, that’s all. Their weakness spam makes them kind of good in fractals. But yeah, other classes are usually better.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Other classes don’t have locust swarms.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Necromancer

Posted by: CratZ.6270

CratZ.6270

Since when was locust swarm a thing in PvE?

in Necromancer

oxtred.7658

Since it’s a dps boost.