in Necromancer

Posted by: lorndarken.3702

lorndarken.3702

im wonder what’s keeping them from making any statements ? since the patch

It's been awhile since a dev spoke

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Just look around. everyone is upset, they can’t justify what they have done, the mathmatics for the patch and everything have been tested and done. Anything they try to say to suggest everything is fine would be a lie. You aren’t going to see them on the necromancer forums. Especially with people like Bhawb and Nemisis, both of whom are usually positive about Anet, being negative this time around and rightfully so.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oldbugga.7029

Oldbugga.7029

They will stonewall the hue and cry from the forums like in the past and we will hear nothing….they hoping it will all just go away.

But this time I think when the dust settles they may notice a sizeable drop in the number of necros…especially the experienced ones…..and that expertise will be very difficult to recover even if they ever get around to making this class the equal of others both in terms of effectiveness and in terms of the effort they put into it.

I think many necros have just had enough of the neglect and contempt shown to them by ANet. Any sense of trust for the devs has been lost and probably will not be recoverable for many necros.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Its the holidays, don’t expect to see any responses until after the new year, and rightly so, they deserve time with their families too, regardless of how kitten ed off we are at the update lol. I know there has still been ongoing talk in the other class forums, but we kind of drove them off early here since we blew up over the…not even sure what to call this mess. Wait until things settle some, the holidays to end, and then we’ll start jumping on their backs for answers. For now, get on your warrior, grab a hammer, and fall asleep on your keyboard. Collect rewards in the morning.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

Just look around. everyone is upset, they can’t justify what they have done, the mathmatics for the patch and everything have been tested and done. Anything they try to say to suggest everything is fine would be a lie. You aren’t going to see them on the necromancer forums. Especially with people like Bhawb and Nemisis, both of whom are usually positive about Anet, being negative this time around and rightfully so.

This…………..

Teef master race

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

im wonder what’s keeping them from making any statements ? since the patch

Few reasons.

1) I can almost guarantee its a company policy to not post in the Profession forums
2) Nothing they could post would accomplish anything positive

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nijjion.2069

Nijjion.2069

Few reasons.

1) I can almost guarantee its a company policy to not post in the Profession forums

Saw them post on mesmer forum a week ago so no.1 isn’t true. I haven’t even looked on the other boards though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

I’ve heard that they are disappointed in the Necromancer community and are considering removing the Necromancer Profession subforum like they are removing the WvW Matchup subforum.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Well, they could post “We screwed up a couple things on this patch and definitely dropped the ball on the new healing skill for necromancers. After the holidays, we will be looking hard at how to fix these problems.”

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Well, they could post “We screwed up a couple things on this patch and definitely dropped the ball on the new healing skill for necromancers. After the holidays, we will be looking hard at how to fix these problems.”

That would require them actually WORKING. They will likely come out and say “Everything is working as we had planned, you are all just playing the game wrong”

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Hey, I didn’t say that would be accurate, just that it would be something they could post that would help relieve tensions in a positive manner.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

No no no no. That would mean they would admit making a mistake XD

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

And what would that actually do? Do you honestly think it would change anything? People will still complain, people will still complain that they “don’t get it”, people will still complain about the patch, people will still complain about them “not posting anything meaningful”. In fact, I’d almost guarantee that would increase the amount of complaints and negativity.

Saw them post on mesmer forum a week ago so no.1 isn’t true. I haven’t even looked on the other boards though.

They’ve posted here before. Its not a hard rule, but in general they do not post on profession forums with any kind of regularity.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I’ve heard that they are disappointed in the Necromancer community and are considering removing the Necromancer Profession subforum like they are removing the WvW Matchup subforum.

+1 for being most likely outcome.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

And what would that actually do? Do you honestly think it would change anything? People will still complain, people will still complain that they “don’t get it”, people will still complain about the patch, people will still complain about them “not posting anything meaningful”. In fact, I’d almost guarantee that would increase the amount of complaints and negativity.

I disagree. People will still complain, yes, but you can’t fix what you don’t think is broken. Admitting that they screwed things up tells us they have at least completed step 1 in fixing the issues. That’s progress that we currently don’t think has even happened.

If we got a post stating that the devs realize they made mistakes with this patch (like the over-nerf to Weakening Shroud and SoV) and were working to fix them, my guess is that the general mood regarding the patch will change.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

They are probably worried to Death at the reaction if they dare come within a mile of this sub-forum right now; all sorts of Spite and Curses will get thrown their way the moment the players smell Blood in the water. Too many people angry down to their very Soul. Reap what you sow and all that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

ANET have no idea how much players are kitten ed off right now and how much hate we generate for this patch. I thought it couldn’t get worse, but theres probably more if they don’t consider applying our feedback. If they RIP this Necromancer subforum, I will probably quit playing GW2. I mean seriously, if they would go so far, who knows what could happend next with this game(Like 1hit – 1 kill?).

ANET devs should reconsider their doings really seriously, since rage is really huge. Just saying.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

in Necromancer

Posted by: amiavamp.9785

amiavamp.9785

ANET have no idea how much players are kitten ed off right now and how much hate we generate for this patch. I thought it couldn’t get worse, but theres probably more if they don’t consider applying our feedback. If they RIP this Necromancer subforum, I will probably quit playing GW2. I mean seriously, if they would go so far, who knows what could happend next with this game(Like 1hit – 1 kill?).

ANET devs should reconsider their doings really seriously, since rage is really huge. Just saying.

ANet already drove away a large number of PvPers by not adding any new game modes and by ignoring requests for Guild vs Guild. They have yet to address PvE balance at all. At this point, I have to wonder if they care about more than just milking the gem store until the game is a dry husk, although it already blew up in their faces when there was that outcry about the reskinned armor sets.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ogii.6958

Ogii.6958

The developers can post a million times in this sub-forum for all I care. I’d rather have meaningful attempts at fixing/balancing/improving the quality of life of the professions that continue to feel neglected.

Actions speak louder than words, and their attitude toward our profession was especially apparent in their preview of our new healing signet.

Improve the Death Shroud UI all you want – our core mechanic is still extremely flawed. The same problems continue to plague our trait lines. And most importantly, with each patch we get further and further away from the attrition/sustain style that is supposed to define us.

So, to the developers: Necromancer doesn’t need any more band-aids. It needs surgery. For as much as we’ve heard you say you want to improve, polish, and perfect the core game first and foremost, I urge you to realize that the professions are at the very core of your game. And some of them are in desperate need of the same time and attention that is clearly given to others.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Because if the devs comes in here now this will happen. :P

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in Necromancer

CHIPS.6018

Is this a threat?

in Necromancer

Posted by: LezardValeth.9453

LezardValeth.9453

Okay let’s be logical here for a second. I am one of those necromancers who is tired of being abused by arena net, but nonetheless I say this:

Do you guys earnestly believe they feel so threatened by us that they are afraid to post in our sub-forum, and truly think they would remove this sub-forum altogether?

I love spreading misery as much as the next abused necromancer, but what I don’t like is when common sense begins to distort.

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

They’ve posted here before. Its not a hard rule, but in general they do not post on profession forums with any kind of regularity.

So you are saying they should act like a child and plug their ears and go “LA LA LA LA LA! I CAN’T HEAR YOU! LA LA LA LA LA!” just because there are people who are going to still be kitten ed at them and not be happy with the response. As long as I’ve been playing, arena net hasn’t owned up to a mistake in a patch. Even with the molten armor they avoided a direct apology and made it sound like it wasn’t actually their fault. For them to actually come out and admit that they made a mistake and take responsibility for the what they have done would actually be a very good move on their part. It would show they are actually listening to us and have the maturity to own their mistake.

Some might still rage and moan, however for a few of us, myself included, would actually be taken back. I would love it if they actually did this. I would air it with a side of caution but at least I wouldn’t be considering dropping the game altogether.

(edited by Lily.1935)

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Is this a threat?

No it is a reality.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum/first#post3393146

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Actually ANet has owned up to their mistakes quite a few times.

But posting as a dev is absolutely dangerous. Not because of people complaining back at them (and realize that devs get far more hate back, and they are still people), but because everything said is taken as a promise; a promise to do what they said, how the person hearing it wants it to be done, and in the very next patch.

If they came on and said
“Sorry guys, we really messed up on implementing SoV, and we realize that the skill just isn’t up to the standards we should have as a dev team. We’re going to look at ways to bring this skill up to par, and we’ll go from there.”

What 95% of the forums would hear is:
“We kittened up, we suck. We are going to completely fix SoV by the very next patch and make it every bit as awesome as you want it to be. This includes implementing every single little feature that you want on it, how you want it, and with the numbers you want.”

Not only that, but they would then have to say that to every, single subforum that feels their skill isn’t up to par (aka, every subforum), otherwise there will be 7 forums in complete uproar, and 1 forum in only a mild uproar. Oh, and god forbid that they aren’t able to fix the skill immediately, and exactly how you want, because the fact that they posted now means that everything that does or does not happen is now their fault and WILL be used against them.

No, posting will not help them at all. It will only make things worse, if not right now, then in the not distant future. There is a reason developers of large games don’t post regularly except in very controlled environments, and its because it can and will very quickly make things many, many times worse than if they had just shut up.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Oldbugga.7029

It is not just about posting….it is about posting AND following up on it. WE do see some posts, our concerns seem to be totally ignored and the devs go off at some irrelevant tangent with their patches WITHOUT explanation or background that would allow players to see what they are doing or trying to do. All we see is constant “bumbling” along in the virtual dark with no apparent direction. Some communication, any communication consistent with their actions would help a great deal…..we just don’t see it.

And because we complain it DOES NOT excuse them from informing paying customers about changes to the game. Stop making excuses for them not to respond…we all know it would be a bit uncomfortable to poke the head up here as a dev BUT it is a product of their own making.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

I agree, but we only want to make aNET pay attention to us. We want to make sure our voice is heared. We invest our time and money in this game, and we deserve to inform developers that they made huge mistakes previous patch. I don’t want to be blamed for my love toward necromancer and how it can’t be useful as other classes. I bough the game, I spend my time on it and I don’t want to feel like its all useless since my profession is bugged and lack of features. Simply, ANET, please understand us. Before you continue with any in game content, fix the professions & balance FIRST.

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I have to agree with Oldbugga here. The problem is that the devs haven’t given us any idea as to how they want to make the necro both fit their vision for the class and be viable in all three game modes.

In any online game like this, communication between the developers and the players is necessary. ANet has not been keeping the players informed, or even pretending that there is serious consideration for what the players are asking for. We may see something pop up in patch notes, but we don’t feel involved in the process. It doesn’t feel like the game is really being made for the players, because there is very little acknowledgement of complaints, critiques, compliments, and ideas.

The most important part of the development team for any game is ultimately the players. If the players feel like they aren’t being considered, the game will fail.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

But posting as a dev is absolutely dangerous. Not because of people complaining back at them (and realize that devs get far more hate back, and they are still people), but because everything said is taken as a promise; a promise to do what they said, how the person hearing it wants it to be done, and in the very next patch.

If they came on and said
“Sorry guys, we really messed up on implementing SoV, and we realize that the skill just isn’t up to the standards we should have as a dev team. We’re going to look at ways to bring this skill up to par, and we’ll go from there.”

“We kittened up, we suck. We are going to completely fix SoV by the very next patch and make it every bit as awesome as you want it to be. This includes implementing every single little feature that you want on it, how you want it, and with the numbers you want.”

Not only that, but they would then have to say that to every, single subforum that feels their skill isn’t up to par (aka, every subforum), otherwise there will be 7 forums in complete uproar, and 1 forum in only a mild uproar. Oh, and god forbid that they aren’t able to fix the skill immediately, and exactly how you want, because the fact that they posted now means that everything that does or does not happen is now their fault and WILL be used against them.

No, posting will not help them at all. It will only make things worse, if not right now, then in the not distant future. There is a reason developers of large games don’t post regularly except in very controlled environments, and its because it can and will very quickly make things many, many times worse than if they had just shut up.

Silence is a powerful response. You might not think its a response, but it is.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Not sure what people want from them… I agree with Bhawb on this one… There is literally nothing they can say that is going to make anyone happy, content, or even less irritated.

The bottom line is there is a month until another patch, which is the earliest they would even consider changing anything, and that patch is likely just living world content changes, meaning you are looking at a minimum of 6 weeks until something will be POTENTIALLY adjusted.

No, there best bet is to stay silent and pretend like they are all already on holiday and hope people calm down over the next 2-3 weeks. They are very fortunate there is no competition in their market right now for anything else new, or they would have had a serious problem over the holiday.

They are a game company and they are smart enough to know they have the community on the ropes. Most people will talk big about leaving, but there is no comparable new shiney toy to go play right now, and they are keenly aware of that.

Also they are likely hoping the “meta” shifts in such a way the skills that people hate get more use, so they can feel justified in what they did. My suggestion is to enjoy the game for what its worth, and get ready to move on to another game, as there seems to be little hope for the game to see any big changes that will alter the current state of affairs.

All the big changes I would want, such as 2v2 and 3v3 tournaments, big changes to WvW and anti-zerg measures, changes to the horrible Ascended item system, reward increases for the actually difficult PVE content are all so far down the road, or completely outside of what they want to do with the game. That is unforunate, but what can you do?

Vote with your wallet, not your mouth.

in Necromancer

Overkillengine.6084

Pretty much.

Want Dev response/action? Stop forking over money at all. It’s ultimately the only thing they will listen to; the silence of our wallets no longer opening.

in Necromancer

Oldbugga.7029

I have been involved in many situations of “conflict” in my working life and the approach they are taking with the necro by simply stonewalling is a common one. It will NOT improve the situation at all.

The necro community has done everything possible, everything, to get the right information to the devs and for what? We get NOTHING in return except silence and seemingly random, disjoint ,directionless changes and nerfs without explanation. No wonder we are upset…but staying silent and continually appeasing their treatment of us will NOT get anywhere like it hasn’t done to date.

And they already have all the money I will spend with this company so voting with the mouth is all I have in that scenario.

in Necromancer

CHIPS.6018

If they came on and said

But silence is the worst and the ultimate rejection. They don’t even care. >_>

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

I have been involved in many situations of “conflict” in my working life and the approach they are taking with the necro by simply stonewalling is a common one. It will NOT improve the situation at all.

The necro community has done everything possible, everything, to get the right information to the devs and for what? We get NOTHING in return except silence and seemingly random, disjoint ,directionless changes and nerfs without explanation. No wonder we are upset…but staying silent and continually appeasing their treatment of us will NOT get anywhere like it hasn’t done to date.

And they already have all the money I will spend with this company so voting with the mouth is all I have in that scenario.

A wise person once told me your boss will pay you as little as possible to keep you from quitting. He won’t pay you enough to make you happy or enough even to make you content. He will shoot to pay you just the right amount that keeps you from quitting. That sweet spot is where he gets the best return for his money, and he continues to have your employment.

Not necessarily a true statement, and a very cynical view of the world, but a valid argument can be made. The way Anet deals with the forums is in this manner. They will throw you a bone only after you start nawing off their leg. If you sit back and bark, they will just ignore you.

As a non-subscription game it is much harder to make your presence felt. Stop spending time and money in game and in the gem shop is about all you can do, and the very large, non-forum going majority will continue to plod along happy and unaware. There are far too many optimistic folks who will hold on hope the game will get better right up till the moment they purchase that next game. They know this and will take it all the way to the bank.

in Necromancer

CHIPS.6018

A wise person once told me your boss will pay you as little as possible to keep you from quitting. He won’t pay you enough to make you happy or enough even to make you content. He will shoot to pay you just the right amount that keeps you from quitting. That sweet spot is where he gets the best return for his money, and he continues to have your employment.

Not necessarily a true statement, and a very cynical view of the world, but a valid argument can be made. The way Anet deals with the forums is in this manner. They will throw you a bone only after you start nawing off their leg. If you sit back and bark, they will just ignore you.

As a non-subscription game it is much harder to make your presence felt. Stop spending time and money in game and in the gem shop is about all you can do, and the very large, non-forum going majority will continue to plod along happy and unaware. There are far too many optimistic folks who will hold on hope the game will get better right up till the moment they purchase that next game. They know this and will take it all the way to the bank.

In that scenario, by the time that said employee find a new job and walks, it is too late.

It is the same in GW2. By the time the customers find a new game and walks, it is too late. Everyone know it is much easier to keep existing customers than marketing to find new ones.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

They are probably worried to Death at the reaction if they dare come within a mile of this sub-forum right now; all sorts of Spite and Curses will get thrown their way the moment the players smell Blood in the water. Too many people angry down to their very Soul. Reap what you sow and all that.

I see what you did there

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in Necromancer

CHIPS.6018

Vote with “not logging in for 2 months” is the better option. That’s what I am planning to do. :P

While there are very few MMOs that offers WvW out there right now, there are plenty of other games to play. I still hasn’t played Mass Effect 3 and Rome: Total War 2, for example.

in Necromancer

Overkillengine.6084

The current corporate decision making meta has been for some time now to not give a kitten about the future as long as this quarter still shows profits.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

It is the same in GW2. By the time the customers find a new game and walks, it is too late. Everyone know it is much easier to keep existing customers than marketing to find new ones.

Except GW2 already makes plenty of money, and there is no “real” competition out there for them in the forseable future. Which has been a problem for the last decade: there’s WoW, and then there are games that pick at the scraps that WoW left in its wake.

D&D failed (god did it fail), FF isn’t that great, Wildstar might as well just be the new SciFi WoW expansion, WoW is consistently losing players, and there isn’t much to look forward to beyond that. Everything on the market is either WoW, is based on WoW, sucks, or is GW2 (which some would argue could fall under the sucks category). There isn’t much for people to leave for, unless they swap game genres completely (and many have). That’s one of ANet’s saving graces right now, by the time any decent competition comes out, they’ll have had 2 years to put out a lot of content, and hopefully get their act together.

Just have fun playing the game. If you don’t have fun, stop playing. There is plenty more that you can spend your free time doing, and there is literally no loss to not playing GW2 while it isn’t fun. If, in the future, ANet has made the game enjoyable for you again, you come back. That’s the beauty of f2p.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Not sure what people want from them… I agree with Bhawb on this one… There is literally nothing they can say that is going to make anyone happy, content, or even less irritated.

What we want – at least some of us – is the simple act of communication and acknowledgement. We know whatever grievance we have this day, this week, or this month isn’t going to be fixed any time soon. We aren’t happy, we aren’t content, and you’re right to say that communicating with us won’t diminish either of those.

But that’s looking at it from completely the wrong perspective. The communication we’re requesting will help prevent our discontent from escalating even further by showing the community a little respect through dialogue. THAT, in itself, is one of the benefits of communication. A benefit ArenaNet would be foolish to ignore yet seems dead-set on doing exactly that.

No, there best bet is to stay silent and pretend like they are all already on holiday and hope people calm down over the next 2-3 weeks. They are very fortunate there is no competition in their market right now for anything else new, or they would have had a serious problem over the holiday.

They are a game company and they are smart enough to know they have the community on the ropes. Most people will talk big about leaving, but there is no comparable new shiney toy to go play right now, and they are keenly aware of that.

Though true, it’s a shabby way to treat customers. It’s equally true that when that next shiney toy is released to market, that treatment will be taken into consideration in deciding whether or not to abandon GW2.

Not exactly a healthy attitude for them to take if they have any hope of this game enjoying the same longevity as its predecessor. It also makes their vaunted “Collaborative Development” push appear to be just another smoke-and-mirrors PR campaign.

Also they are likely hoping the “meta” shifts in such a way the skills that people hate get more use, so they can feel justified in what they did. My suggestion is to enjoy the game for what its worth, and get ready to move on to another game, as there seems to be little hope for the game to see any big changes that will alter the current state of affairs.

A completely bass ackwards way of doing things IMHO; but, hey, they reap what they sow. Definitely not the ArenaNet I thought I knew.

in Necromancer

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Regardless of how cynical it may be, it’s very true. In both of the scenarios you presented. Believe it.

in Necromancer

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

In that scenario, by the time that said employee find a new job and walks, it is too late.

Everyone but ArenaNet, apparently.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scarran.9845

Scarran.9845

It is obvious that the saving grace just now is the fact that there isn’t any real competition as the MMO market has got a little stale. I would say that the next couple of years is the make or break for the company as that is when the next bunch of MMO’s are coming out.

After that there will be a long hiatus again as others remain in development, so ANet needs to take this time to make sure they don’t drop the ball. So with games like Wildstar, ESO, Archeage, Everquest Next etc on the horizon they need to keep the drop off to a minimal.

For me I know im here at least till EQ Next hits as although I hate the graphics in EQ Next the other games just don’t appeal to me for various reasons. In that time I do hope that the communication is improved by ANet as once you let customers walk away with a sour taste in their mouths its very unlikely that they will ever return.

I still enjoy GW2 as if I didn’t I wouldn’t still be playing but that doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t want my favourite class to be better. With the lack of communication no one knows if our complaints, idea’s, suggestions etc are being read, no one knows if they are aware of the classes shortcomings and no one knows if there is anything being discussed or ideas to improve our class. Without communication you can only assume they feel we are at the place where they want our class to be.

After all they are a business and we are their customers and businesses are made and broken by how they are perceived by there customers. If they are working under the principle that they will bring in more than they will drop off then that is the wrong principle to work under. They need to also strive to keep the existing customers (playerbase) happy so that the retention rate is high as that will be the long term core income as its not a never ending well where you can siphon new customers indefinitely as that well will dry up.

As such customers do not like feeling as if they are being ignored and the wall of silence is exactly that. I would rather they came out and acknowledged that they are aware of the issue’s or that something isn’t working properly but they are working on getting it fixed than seeing nothing at all. But just sitting back and watching it fester is only going to accomplish one of a few things….1. People will give up by either switching classes or switching games. 2. It will calm down as a result of people giving up, not caring or switching classes. 3. It will go into all out chaos and rather than constructive threads and occasional threads of criticism you will get constant threads of criticism.

Axere – lvl 80 Necro
Nemmeister – lvl 80 Engineer
Jay Knot – lvl 80 Warrior | Rusty Colt – lvl 80 Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chuck Nizzle.6283

Chuck Nizzle.6283

I would rather they came out and acknowledged that they are aware of the issue’s or that something isn’t working properly but they are working on getting it fixed than seeing nothing at all. But just sitting back and watching it fester is only going to accomplish one of a few things….1. People will give up by either switching classes or switching games. 2. It will calm down as a result of people giving up, not caring or switching classes. 3. It will go into all out chaos and rather than constructive threads and occasional threads of criticism you will get constant threads of criticism.

Yes. Arenanet should say something…it doesn’t matter what, just a “we are taking your ideas into consideration” would be nice.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Yes. Arenanet should say something…it doesn’t matter what, just a “we are taking your ideas into consideration” would be nice.

Except, they take our ideas – laughing at them and doing what ever the hell they feel like doing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

What do you want a dev to say?

No more patches until Jan 21, and that’s just a living story patch. Skill fixes will take a lot of work, and there might not be another skill balance patch for months. Plus what a lot of us want: new weapon skills/build variety could take an expansion.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I dunno mate the game is slowly losing my interest and I feel like ranting right now even though im sleepy as hell…the only thing keeping me around for now is playing with my irl friends after work in wvw or pve even though they always try to reject me when I suggest doing dungeons etc on my necro or even ele. it is all warr guard mes comps in pve which is getting really kitten dull and will kill the game in the long run.

I kinda lost faith in our devs when it comes to pvp balancing. the necro class needs some help and the community have offered them so many suggestions and solutions and some of those ideas i silently read and was really impressed! but so far they just ignored everything this community offered. that and the lack of pvp game modes. I only do pvp when I want to get my daily done quickly so i could go whenever i havent got enough time for wvw. pvp does not feel fun for me at all unless friends decide to join me and that rarely happens since wvw and even pve is FAR more interesting and entertaining then bloody conquest and balancing for it.

in addition, what really got to me aside from the balance notes was the healing skill. every kitten thing about it. how the devs presented it compared to the rest. as creators they should have been so excited to show off their new shiny creation to this gloomy community but guess what? that was the case when it came to showing off all of the new skills on stream except the necromancer’s! there was no emotion no nothing! they even didnt have the courtesy to spend even half as much time over our garbage new skill as they spent over other classes’ skills and it clearly was so kitten bad just looking at it fairing against a golem. it was so crystal clear that they did not care about the class anymore. following up with the patch just nailed it. I thought that there might be some hope left but seeing even Nemisis, a major supporter of Anet and one of the main reasons I supported this game, losing faith in their ability to balance our class and the game and instead buffing things that didnt need buffing was just not what I thought I’d see.

them addressing the community’s concerns will soon be the same as staying as quiet as a brick. there is nothing they could say to justify this. it is wrong and they will not admit it just like the way they wont admit that they implemented a new condition; burning to the class in the wrong way. so what’s the point? the community will just boil until it bursts on these forums during the holiday while the devs are taking a break they deserve.

i might keep rambling for far too long so i will stop there and wish everyone a good night.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

We get NOTHING in return except silence and seemingly random, disjoint ,directionless changes and nerfs without explanation.

Ahh no you can´t say that, from time to time we get an incompetent pseudo funny comment from Mr. DeathShroud himself.

Ignorance and Arrogance never pays out. Wildstar will release around Q1/Q2 2014 and TESO is coming in april 2014. By then they will get the proper response from the community.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in Necromancer

Posted by: borrok.9267

borrok.9267

Figure a less stressful approach is to just not log in. I don’t think I’ll be logging in game for quite some time lol

Teef master race

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Again: if you don’t like the game, don’t play it, if you like the game play it. It is really not that hard.

My PvP Minion Build