Jagged Horror/Death Nova

Jagged Horror/Death Nova

in Necromancer

Posted by: Beyreva.8769

Beyreva.8769

Ok, so I had this ide.. err.. this sinister voice whispered me right before I went to sleep. Now that I am awake I thought to share it with you guys.

What would you guys say if they swapped the grandmaster trait “Death Nova” with the minor adept trait “Reanimator”?

Don’t jump at my throat yet!! Wait..

I’m not talking about keeping the Jagged Horror as it is now, but make it worth being there. Right now we get a smaller bone minion that last 6 seconds. What if they “transferred” the Jagged Horror skin from GW1, gave it the same HP as Flesh Golem(without the out of combat regeneration) or a bit less, but without applying any HP degeneration. And they would apply 1 stack of bleed every 2/3 attacks.

So, what do you guys think?

TL;DR:
I think Death Nova it’s not so great as a Grandmaster trait so why not swap it for the minor Adept trait Reanimator, with some changes of course.

Attachments:

Sometimes it’s necessary listening to the silence, it could tell more..

Jagged Horror/Death Nova

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

I don’t really care how many minions I have if they just stand there all day.

AKA:
Fix the minions Anet.

edit:
The explode on death trait would be even worse then the useless minion for my necro who goes 20 into the death line but isn’t a MM.

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

Jagged Horror/Death Nova

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

well since I can’t edit:

Actually, it wouldn’t be a free rally in PVP so I see it as a lateral move for a non-MM and a plus for MM.

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

Jagged Horror/Death Nova

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kayotik.5790

Kayotik.5790

I really like the thought of spawning a giant fleshreaver, miniature risen giant, or any variation of undead monstrosities at 30 points deep into the death magic tree.

However, I think spawning an undead minion only at the death of another (although the epitome of death magic) would be contradictory to the play-style of a death magic necromancer in GW2. Death magic focuses heavily on outlasting your opponent, not killing quickly enough to benefit from a “on kill” proc.

Despite this, I’m sure ArenaNet has done extensive work on balancing the minion-mancer builds around the current damage pets deal, and opening up access to even more may result in less damage from our others (Affecting Death Magic enthusiasts the most).

Jagged Horror/Death Nova

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I really like the thought of spawning a giant fleshreaver, miniature risen giant, or any variation of undead monstrosities at 30 points deep into the death magic tree.

Zombie chicken, anyone?

Anyways, i was wondering if not we could replace the horror with a small flesh wurm. Sure it would be stuck in place, but with the ability to do ranged attacks it may actually get to do some damage before it flatlines…

Jagged Horror/Death Nova

in Necromancer

Posted by: Beyreva.8769

Beyreva.8769

@Dibrom:
I am not complaining about the current state of the minion’s AI.
Reanimatior, the way it is now, still doesn’t benefit those who don’t use minions, not even a MM does benefit from it(except if using Death Nova).

@Kayotik:
Yes, those skins would be great! They would actually be horrifying.
Reanimator in it’s current state actually works that way, I don’t see anything wrong with benefiting from an enemy’s death.
Minions can deal nice damage when they focus the same target.
About balance, I doubt that the way Jagged Horror works now it’s actually intended.

Sometimes it’s necessary listening to the silence, it could tell more..