Jagged horror question

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

Hi,

New Necro here, (lvl 20)

the question is about “reanimator” the death magic minor trait {5 points} jagged horror summon.

when it happens the little bugger sadly dies in the corner after about five seconds, not even moves a little.

is it working as intended? if yes;

a plea to devs please rename the mob to "emo insect " because i had very high hopes when i read "JAGGED HORROR!!! " ….

:(

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

He’s horrified of combat.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: DelOnasi.6051

DelOnasi.6051

Yes, this pathetikittentle guy is working as intended. If you click on him (while he’s still around!) his subtext says “bleeds”, which, unfortunately, means he bleeds (I think he also bleeds enemies, if he stays alive long enough to get an attack on one).

You can actually keep several of them alive at once if you have a lot of healing power (when I tried once I think I had 5 up at the same time, although it was hard to maintain that because I needed to run between enemies casting mark of blood to keep up perma-regeneration, which almost healed as much as they bled, but I digress…).

But trying to keep them alive is, ultimately, pointless.

On a slightly less dismal note, if you get the 15 point minor trait in death magic, he should give you 20 extra toughness while he’s alive, if you get the trait for creating a poison cloud on minion death, he should activate that, and he should theoretically steal life if you get the “minions siphon health” trait in blood magic (but it’s unlikely he’ll get more than one or two attacks off to siphon with).

Edit: @Bhawb, I actually laughed out loud at your post

Dungeon Master ~ Litter of Lions [Arch] Admin ~ Devona’s Rest

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

The only thing worth mentioning about the emo insect (indeed a more fitting name) is the 10% life force you get when he dies.

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Sadly the little rodent is balanced around the lich mark that spawns 5 of his kind at once. That swarm can be nasty because it spawns them right next to a viable target, resulting in stacks of bleed fairly quickly.

One thing ANet could do with it was to turn it into a boon like charge. In essence when something dies near us, rather than spawn the rodent we get a token that will spawn one when we next attack a mob within a certain time.

Tho i don’t think people would mind as much if it didn’t trigger the minion loss lines each time it dies!

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zul.1506

Zul.1506

I think that Jagged Horror is just an adorable little Minion (Don’t judge me)

He doesn’t really do much, aside from what’s already been mentioned above. Can be useful if traited for Minion master, absolutely hilarious to see a horde of them show up and swarm a target while you’re in Lich form (especially in pvp).

He’s a cute little guy though.

Sidenote: It’d be nice is every minion can bleed targets, like mesmer clones. It’d make MM just a little more viable (it already is, mind you)

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: Half Tooth.1867

Half Tooth.1867

I feel the need to agree with everything that’s been said here, especially the “Horrified of Combat” XD
I do feel disappointed by this pathetikittentle hamster, especially after GW1 where your jagged horror looked like THIS and was the same height as the player.
I love necromancer, but I just don’t understand what happened to him between gw1 and gw2 O_o

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

When your necro level up, the Jagged horror starts to last longer, and being useful. Besides, remember that you can get traits to actually get bonuses or debuff enemies when they die.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: XelNigma.6315

XelNigma.6315

I love necromancer, but I just don’t understand what happened to him between gw1 and gw2 O_o

Judging from his skills and such, I think necros where completely eradicated and all of their scrolls and tomes where destroyed and now they have only just started to re-learn necromancy. It would explain why they are so horrible at it.

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

He is completely weak, and a pretty pointless addition except as a cute little pet to enjoy. The benefit he provides is that he receives all the bonuses your minions skills give so if you are running a full MM at 80 than lives a little bit longer, and does some nice bleeding, but in reality he is just a funny little bugger that no one pays attention too.

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sericenthe.5310

Sericenthe.5310

Makes me mad that the two major staff traits are in a line where the minor traits are worthless.

Seri Kali [Me] – 80 Necromancer -Yak’s Bend

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knox.3126

Knox.3126

would be nice if they gave it another life bump. to make it last longer. even after the last bump they gave it. it did not do much

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arcaneus.6931

Arcaneus.6931

I have to agree with this, when i first saw the “Reanimator” Trait it did sound cool summon a “Jagged horror” but when I spent my skill points of this I found it totally useless trait and irritating to find how misleading it was.

I am really hoping they would fix this or at least have it moved up to Grandmaster trait area so I can have access to the skills I want without having to select that trait “Reanimator” because its not really a re-animation more like a bone minion summon for what seems like 3 seconds.

If not then they could have at least bothered to change the “Reanimator” so when you actually killed a foe it summoned something permanently until its killed and more cool looking than a bone minion with a just its name changed, it’s pathetic… they could have also added animation were the minion would be summoned from the corpse of your dead foe and its damage, health, defense and physical size could have varied depending on the level or boss a necromancer killed.

In my opinion as a necromancer this experience would have have been more pleasant when killing an enemy with “Reanimator” trait…so far it is simply useless and annoying the fact that I have to ignore the complete trait tree because of “Reanimator” being right at the beginning.

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dirac.1307

Dirac.1307

I run a conditionmancer build. To me the jagged horror has two purposes. First, I occasionally get a small boost to life force. Second, when I’m running around in WvW and a jagged horror spawns, I double check the area for loot bags.

HoD|The Dark Physics|The Dark Alchemy|King Moustache|[RAWR]

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

I hate to be so cynical but the recent changes to Necros has fueled that side of my personality as of late.

I almost expect a developer response telling us how we are using him wrong and then shortly after he gets buffed and then nerfed for being too OP.

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: joshisanonymous.5270

joshisanonymous.5270

You can actually keep several of them alive at once . . .

Are you sure about that? I’ve literally never had more than 1 up at a time no matter how many thing around me I’m killing. The only way I can imagine missing this feature is if there’s a cooldown of some sort for summing a 2nd or 3rd.

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: Necros Stalker.2713

Necros Stalker.2713

The jagged horrer is not that bad and you must remember its balanced around lich form and I can tell you 5 horrers hurt. That said the Re-animator trait could definatly use some rework cause it is god awful and only protection of the hoard is worse. Maybe reduce the cooldown and make it so re-animator summons a jagged horrer when a minion or ally dies (not jagged horrers) as well as when you kill a foe. If we could summon more of them quicker. them dieing quickly wouldn’t be so much of an issue

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: LoRdZeRo.5364

LoRdZeRo.5364

one of common questions that have a lot of funny answers

well, i think Mr. jagged horrer is only useful for generating LF after dies !!

you could see a lot of them around you if are you running healing build

anyway its just useless minor trait and we hope devs can get us something better

Mohawy [TEQ] – “I’m Death Incarnate !”
The Empty Quarter || Desolation
http://teqonline.com

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: Haley.2390

Haley.2390

You can actually keep several of them alive at once . . .

Are you sure about that? I’ve literally never had more than 1 up at a time no matter how many thing around me I’m killing. The only way I can imagine missing this feature is if there’s a cooldown of some sort for summing a 2nd or 3rd.

You can with good healing power and you’re given a lot of tools to do so (Staff #2, Well of Blood, Deathly Invigoration, and Transfusion.) There’s an internal cooldown after one spawns before another can spawn (I think the cooldown is 30s or something.) So you’ll only see more than one from your minor trait if you actively try to keep them alive (they bleed out in 11s given no healing or other sources of damage.)

I’ve ran Apothecary and Cleric sets trying to keep them alive. It’s not the most optimal way to play, but it’s kind of fun. A lot of management to keep them alive and then blow up Bone Minions over their fields they leave with the Grandmaster trait for Area Weakness to keep damage off your remaining minions.

They have 800 Condition Damage so their bleed ticks will always be 82, but if you keep a lot, you can Epidemic their stacks along with the stacks from Staff #2 you’re using to regen them onto other targets using your Condition Damage (if you’re going Apothecary.)

If you’re going Cleric, you can use Bone Minions and Staff #4 on your Well of Blood over them to give them Area Retaliation. When you blow up one Bone Minion, you get two Blast Finishers. First one uses the Bone Minion’s Power, second one uses yours for the Retaliation. Also, if you’re going Cleric, you can go Lich Form, blast a few #1s then spawn 5 Jagged Horros just before Lich Form ends and you can keep them up pretty well depending on monsters’ cleaves and AoEs.

I do not recommend playing this way with people you don’t know. It’s fun, but not the most effective way to play and you’re going to get a lot of hate.

Jagged horror question

in Necromancer

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

it goes to fight usual when you don’t want to messing things up
they should remove this usless trait or atleast to improve it somehow
maybe 1 min cd but to remove the bleed it has and if they are afrait that it will be op can put a cap to have max 2-3 or something

SFR