Jebro's Necro CTHO Build (Chill) discuss!

in Necromancer

Posted by: jebro.6370

jebro.6370

Hey all!

Build Link is here: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAW7djMaF7tbWb87JAJFX/LkicxN6RxHnMA-TsAAzCpI+R9j7HzPyfs/MAZByOBA

Video Link to Build here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJtKca94Fdc&feature=share&list=UUYcZuPaZfonVRjeqFpRukqA

Chill/Condition/Vulnerability build.

Enjoy/slate whatever you do have fun with it.

Feedback is very much appreciated!

Is it viable in this meta, is it useful enough for tournament pvp play?

I know some things that can be done to alter/improve the build, but what do you think?

Let me know lets discuss!

More spvp and build action at: www.youtube.com/unityjebro . Also streaming LIVE at www.twitch.tv/jebrounity

Cheers!

Jebro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drafigo.4690

Drafigo.4690

As a Twitch follower of yours I am a bit curious to see this in action. Seems like a good build but I wonder how effective it would be in pvp. Again I would like to see it in some tournament play of even just some hot joins.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

The problem is that, frankly, it isn’t worth all you give up to get high chill/vuln uptime. You essentially have given up Terror, 20 points into a sub-par tree, and have no defensive options, just to push a little bit more duration.

Your best bet is modifying a “standard” condi build a bit to give you what you need.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAW7djMaZ7tbWb87JAIF5ib0jiVOYKFwnOA-TsAAzCpI+R9j7HzPyfs/MAZBy2AA

You could also look to swap either Epidemic or Spectral Armor for Well of Darkness.

Note that with the build I gave, Spectral Grasp has a base 6s chill, which with your duration bumps that up to 9s every 24s, while giving you 22% LF and pulling them in range for your sigil swaps.

Note: there might be some better changes than that overall, but its a bit tighter of a setup overall. Vulnerability just isn’t that great for us to stack on our own unless you are a power build, but Focus will allow you to burst it onto a target, so if you’re on TS with your group you can use Focus 4 when they are about to burst.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in Necromancer

jebro.6370

@Bawhb I dont have issues with Vuln stacking get to 16 stacks pretty dam fast

I agree that there are definately variants, what I do also try to do is go against the grain of the ‘meta’.

The constant chill is basically because of all of the condi removal that’s currently present.

Teaming with an ele and using frost bow, getting the Vulnerability stacks up and then spread with epidemic, then using the frost bow 4 ability (mass aoe shards) my god. The numbers and death that ensues is awesome

I like grasp mainly for the focus target and getting someone off a node also. I love the suggestions pls keep them coming. I’m going to try some variations also. But would love you guys to do the same

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’ll definitely try something out along the lines of this, although I’m going to swap it around because I’m bad without minions.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

jebro.6370

awwww

Minions in this build, now if you could do that. Interesting. I did have a power build with Chill and minions a while back!

@Brando thanks for the feedback dude! Thats a shedload of chill! Im not sure if its too much, but in WvW that could be very useful because of the sheer amount of targets in any one given area and trying to give that chill to a zerg passing through

in Necromancer

jebro.6370

Had a really nice bit of feedback on the video itself go check it out