Juggermancer[Final][Blog Link]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

For bosses, swap out withering for either reaper’s or targettable wells if you plan to use them (unlikely).

was thinking the same, but i might swap in Weakening shroud as well. I like the traits in the curses line over the spite line.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ezkiel.7059

Ezkiel.7059

New version of build is looking great but i think you made one oversight and thats crit dmg ,because atm you have none.
Still want to try your build as i find pure glass cannon build too squishy and wells power build was sort of boring with lich form no1 spam while waiting for my cds to get back or even worse staff 1 …

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

You don’t need crit dmg modifiers to obtain higher power based damage from precision.

the tiers of power-building goes: Power=>Precision=>CritDmg%Mod

and you don’t need all three to do well.

crit damage works like this: 1.5*(Normal Damage)+Crit Damage

so in reality the trade off is about 150-200 power for the trade-up of 50~% crit chance and more availability to bleeds and proc’ing heals/bleeds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fazzi.4876

Fazzi.4876

i wish i wasnt too lazy to grind dungeons for the pwr/tough/vit gear, im still using knights with a slightly varied trait build from your original one

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

You should still feel the majority of the full-fleshed success from this build even with ptv armor and emerald accessories. The major in toughness covers the vitality loss and the precision is a nice little under-the-door slip.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aralon.7501

Aralon.7501

I’m really curious what the new build will look like.

Aralon Mors – Norn Hybrid Necro
Aralon Scutum – Charr Healing Guardian
Far Shiverpeaks! – Guild of Tweakers [GoT]

in Necromancer

Posted by: spacelion.9865

spacelion.9865

guildhead site doesn’t show any special build. Would it be possible to see this on http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ ? Would love to try this out sometime.

Edit: nvm, I saw your traitline on page 3. gw2skills.net is a bit better for most browsers/etc though.

(edited by spacelion.9865)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

This build seems very interesting and it contains the playstyle I like… will try it out

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Threkki.5271

Threkki.5271

I already addded that in not sure what else it could be.

So far I have the following:

72 for chest
48 leggings
24 boots, gloves and shoulders
32 helm
110 from accessories
138 from rings
79 from amulet
17 for back slot
128 from weapons
84 from 6 soldier crests for each armour piece
250 for death magic and 916 base

Total: 1941

I think there is probably something wrong with my accessories/amulet calc, or maybe what is in my weapons. Any clues?

Something is wrong. You sure you have exotic and not only rare PVT armour?
There is my:

45 Head
34 Shoulder
101 Chest
34 Hand
34 Foot
67 Leg
—-
128 Staff or 2x 64 for two one-hand (not PVT gear)
—-
90 Amulet
134 (2×67 Ring)
32 Back
55 Earring – not PVT gear
25 Earring – not PVT gear
—-
220 soldier crests (11×20: 6 armour, 2 ring, 1 amulet, 1 earring, 1 staff)
Are you sure, you are using this one: Crest of the Soldier . from six you should get 120 and not 84)
—-
916 Base
200 Trait
58,65 Trait (+5% from 1173 Toughtness Trait Death Magic —> Deadly Strength (the 25 point skill)

Total:
2165 (actually it should be 2173,65 but the game show me 2165, i have no idea where the 8,65 is gone).

Attack: 3276

With more PVT gear (higher toughtness) the power and so the attack should be higher too.

I was talking about toughness, it is not the primary stat on PVT gear right? power is.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

You are correct. power is the main stat in PTV gear.

This is why its viable to swap out PTV accessories for knight’s because knights has a major in toughness, which lets you slot in rampager’s jewels for extra offensive boost and crit chance.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sitael.4680

Sitael.4680

I was talking about toughness, it is not the primary stat on PVT gear right? power is.

Sorry i have overseen you post prior to that i answered. You right, power is the main stat on the PVT gear. Toughness i have approx the same as you, a bit higher, but still under 2K, i use now a PVT staff, but my two erarrings are not PVT and as backpiece i use the “Yakkington”-Book. (bit less power, but same toughness and vita as koss on koss). I think, if i would change the earrings i would be approx at 2130/2140.

in Necromancer

Posted by: IronWolf.2835

IronWolf.2835

You are correct. power is the main stat in PTV gear.

This is why its viable to swap out PTV accessories for knight’s because knights has a major in toughness, which lets you slot in rampager’s jewels for extra offensive boost and crit chance.

Hey Sheobix, thanks for posting these builds, I was using a modified version of your first one with soldier crests, and used dual wells (WoC, WoP). I just gave this new build a shot, and I am feeling less powerful, and find myself taking more damage. From the stats, I gained the crit chance, but gave up some HP. My stats for both are very similar. Tried both scepter/focus and dagger/focus. I found myself wanting to go back to wells. Not sure if I have been ‘tainted’ a bit by the bursty-ness of a well oriented PTV build, and I just need to adjust. Curious how you play this yourself in wvw, and pve and if you feel it’s less “powerful” at all?

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

IronWolf, to answer your question…

The “new” build i posted in this thread was up for discussion and only contained the first mental pass for calculations and utilities/traits. I just spent the last 3 hours running numbers and testing things, and i finally got the new permutation of this build for conditions. the link is here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Feral-Shadowmancer-v1-1/first#post1029272

The reason why you’re feeling less tanky and less powerful is because you’re using wells when you should be using BiP and epidemic. you need runes of earth and rage to quickly crit and proc bleeding from your dagger.

the new build shines better when fighting in and out of 300-1200 range. it’s nota face-tank like the original juggermancer.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

On that note, all those who are following this thread closely (thank you very much by the way, i appreciate the help and discussion to improve the juggermancer)

The new higher damage hybrid-y less tanky version of the jugg is found here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Feral-Shadowmancer-v1-1/first#post1029272

I named it the Feral Shadowmancer, in likeness to the recently buffed Terror trait.

in Necromancer

Posted by: replicant.3620

replicant.3620

Are the Shukov’s Launch Codes earrings even in the game yet? I haven’t seen them anywhere and nobody has even heard of them.

Peralta | 80 Human Necromancer | Pain Train Choo [Choo] | Sanctum of Rall

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

What runes do you use on your weapons, Sheobix?

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

in Necromancer

Posted by: manekineko.3490

manekineko.3490

Info on his new build, including his weapon sigils, are in the new thread posted above. It’s rage/chilling in dagger and focus and stamina in staff.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

For the jug, i dont use sigils. Its all stacked crests. (although bloodlust would be nice)

in Necromancer

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

Props on the build, it’s a really well thought one but I have some questions.

1. What sigils and runes/crests do you use? it’s not highlighted in the first post (or I can’t find it).

2. Why warhorn? The cooldowns are high and the daze has a windup time so it’s more suited to pvp than pve? Wouldn’t the focus be more suitable because you can dish out vulnerability and regeneration on yourself to keep you up and do more damage?

3. Would the buffed signet of locust be better than spectral walk? I understand you’re trying to pull as much out of spectral mastery, but it seem much better to swap it out with signet of the locust.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

yea since it got buffed to 25% im using the locust now too

Reaper – Anguîsh

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Signet of the locust takes an additional slot in your utils selection and can make your toolset feel cramped. As for warhorn, due to the new update to the sig and defiance, I don’t like using it in dungeons or wvw anymore. The focus is the last thing still useful to the class. And apologies, i should have made it clear what crests i was using in the OP

in Necromancer

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

I still find warhorn useful in WvW, personally. I like interrupting heals, stomps, and stealth-stomps, and the fast life force regeneration Locust Swarm gives is good too.

Though I am traited to siphon life on hits and crits, so that makes Locust Swarm more attractive for me.

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

(edited by lettucemode.3789)

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

I still find warhorn useful in WvW, personally. I like interrupting heals, stomps, and stealth-stomps, and the fast life force regeneration Locust Swarm gives is good too.

Though I am traited to siphon life on hits and crits, so that makes Locust Swarm more attractive for me.

i still have a soft spot for warhorn. but going from wvw to dungeons and back again.. focus still does it better. Siphoning is an all-or-nothing mechanic to implement to see fruition so I have to avoid pumping it. It also needs good precision to really pop out.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fazzi.4876

Fazzi.4876

i went to buy all my karma PVT gear, am i missing something or is there no legs with pvt stats for karma?

in Necromancer

brickforlife.1364

Thanks for the update Sheobix. I still think warhorn is useful for those chase and getaway situations using Locust swarm because of cripple. The .75 second windup time for daze makes it hard to time for stopping people using attacks but works great when it does. the main problem I have with it is the long cooldown.

Focus appeals to me much more because of bouncing vulnerability and regeneration. The chill powerful as well because it gives -66% cooldown speed and -66% speed. However using a focus means we lack a getaway utility so that’s the only flaw I think it has.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: dutchusuk.2801

dutchusuk.2801

@ Fazzi, no theres no karma legs pvt gear, i bough invader with my w3 badges that have Pvt as well

Euc Alypta – Necromancer – Dynasty Warriors / The Northern Assembly – DW / TNA
Far Shiverpeaks

in Necromancer

Posted by: XiL.4318

XiL.4318

All you need in WvW is toughness and Vitality combined with ranged AoE traits. Everything else is personal flavor or the avoidance of broken Traits. And in a very real sense none of those Traits matter as much as the stats on your gear. You can swap jewelry and turn and conditions build into a power build, tank build, etc..

And they are all played exactly the same.

So what this means kiddos is you slot as much Vitality and Toughness as you can, then you just flip a coin for whether you want physical AoE damage (power) or Condition AoE damage. And it really doesn’t matter which you pick. You are still dependant on DS and having more than 30k health.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Piriripak.8063

Piriripak.8063

Kinda hard for condition specs since there is no Cond/Vit/tough gear yet exept one ascended ring. Dont really imagine how its neccesary to have that much hp, toughness is still most important cos we already have quite a good base hp pool.

in Necromancer

Posted by: FourTwenty.4268

FourTwenty.4268

Kinda hard for condition specs since there is no Cond/Vit/tough gear yet exept one ascended ring. Dont really imagine how its neccesary to have that much hp, toughness is still most important cos we already have quite a good base hp pool.

more hp/vitality will give you more total life force

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

This is a really good duelist build and I’m starting to prefer the focus to dagger OH. Although I think that spinal shivers in CQC has a really lame cast time. In fact, I can’t imagine why it is so long.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

i went to buy all my karma PVT gear, am i missing something or is there no legs with pvt stats for karma?

there are no karma legs for PTV. I have no idea why, but that’s just how it is. go run AC/hotw once and you’ll get some nice legs that match karma gear

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Thanks for the update Sheobix. I still think warhorn is useful for those chase and getaway situations using Locust swarm because of cripple. The .75 second windup time for daze makes it hard to time for stopping people using attacks but works great when it does. the main problem I have with it is the long cooldown.

Focus appeals to me much more because of bouncing vulnerability and regeneration. The chill powerful as well because it gives -66% cooldown speed and -66% speed. However using a focus means we lack a getaway utility so that’s the only flaw I think it has.

actually, focus provides a good getaway util because of the ranged chill. it will slow your target down if you try to run. It’s not considered a stun so they can’t stunbreak like daze, and it sticks more often because more classes can get around cripple easily.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

All you need in WvW is toughness and Vitality combined with ranged AoE traits. Everything else is personal flavor or the avoidance of broken Traits. And in a very real sense none of those Traits matter as much as the stats on your gear. You can swap jewelry and turn and conditions build into a power build, tank build, etc..

So what this means kiddos is you slot as much Vitality and Toughness as you can, then you just flip a coin for whether you want physical AoE damage (power) or Condition AoE damage. And it really doesn’t matter which you pick. You are still dependant on DS and having more than 30k health.

you’re pretty close to the gist of how to build a necro

but just flipping a coin on the third stat doesn’t really work. there is no CTV gear, and when you start to flush in Conditiondmg, you lose out of toughness and vitality. As soon as you do so, you also have to rethink your traits to make the use of Cdmg more efficient. All of a sudden, you’re losing a couple hundred stat points in a needed area from trait flushing.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

This is a really good duelist build and I’m starting to prefer the focus to dagger OH. Although I think that spinal shivers in CQC has a really lame cast time. In fact, I can’t imagine why it is so long.

rely on the 25% spinal shivers pre-cast trait. when you enter a fight, start with the spinal shivers, and if they run, tag them with spinal shivers. only use it if they get a gap btween you and them and you need an additional time buyer. Chill is good for slowing them down, and if you swap the adept trait in curses for chilling blindness, you can rock a pseudo-Mr. Freeze build and stack chill on them to totally lock them out with chillblains and WoD.

in Necromancer

Posted by: papaganoosh.7908

papaganoosh.7908

Faced a guy that I think was running this build a few days ago. Really hard to get down and really fun to try and crap. Good work OP!

Papaganoosh (SPvP Officer, The Unnamed EU)

http://www.the-unnamed.com/spvpapp – recruiting skilled players for TPvP

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

thanks for the praise, papaganoosh. A lot of other player’s work like ascii, glock, warmourner, Oozo, etc. went into the thought process and testing for this build. I’m sure there are many others out on the forums that I’ve read from and have taken into consideration, so if you’ve been on these forums before, posted something useful, and its stuck on the first 3 pages longer than a couple days… chances are i’ve seen it, read it, taken it under consideration, and it’s probably helped me make this build to some extent.

Of course, not every build is perfect. Anyways, glhf!

in Necromancer

XiL.4318

but just flipping a coin on the third stat doesn’t really work. there is no CTV gear, and when you start to flush in Conditiondmg, you lose out of toughness and vitality. As soon as you do so, you also have to rethink your traits to make the use of Cdmg more efficient. All of a sudden, you’re losing a couple hundred stat points in a needed area from trait flushing.

Extremist silliness.

You don’t need CTV gear specfically. You can PTV and run C/?/? Jewelry. There is no need to max condition damage either because you will be using power based damage as well.

Like I said. You stack as much Vit and Tough as you can, the third stat matters very little as far as overall usefulness. You are still essentially doing exactly the same thing only trading some wells damage for condition damage or vice versa.

And this “pretty close to the gist” necro is a 1 player zerg. There is no number for the scores of butts I have touched in WvW. I have so many kills the number rolled back over to 1 and errored out. It just says 1e.

(edited by XiL.4318)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

Theres a CTV ascended ring lol. Hope theres more to come soon

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

Total Stat Spread:
+2355 power
+2153 Toughness "
+2153 Vitality "

I don’t understand. How did you manage 2153 vitality? I try to add up the stats on the gear you posted but I can never get that high. Is that without boosts?

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in Necromancer

Posted by: CrazyAce.3842

CrazyAce.3842

Total Stat Spread:
+2355 power
+2153 Toughness "
+2153 Vitality "

I don’t understand. How did you manage 2153 vitality? I try to add up the stats on the gear you posted but I can never get that high. Is that without boosts?

Are you remembering to include the Crests of the Soldier?

Crest of the Soldier:
+20 Power x 13* = +260 pwr
+14 Toughness x 13* = +182 tough
+14 Vitality x 13* = +182 vit

*Assumes you’re currently wielding dual weapons that also have Crests of the Soldier in addition to all your modification slots, like me.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Total Stat Spread:
+2355 power
+2153 Toughness "
+2153 Vitality "

Are you remembering to include the Crests of the Soldier?

Crest of the Soldier:
+20 Power x 13* = +260 pwr
+14 Toughness x 13* = +182 tough
+14 Vitality x 13* = +182 vit

*Assumes you’re currently wielding dual weapons that also have Crests of the Soldier in addition to all your modification slots, like me.

yes, this includes the total from crests.

edit: it’s actually 280/196/196 since its x14. two weapons.

(edited by Sheobix.8796)

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Total Stat Spread:
+2355 power
+2153 Toughness "
+2153 Vitality "

it’s not +2153 +916 base. Its 2153 total, and that’s with ALL the ascended pieces.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Extremist silliness.

You don’t need CTV gear specfically. You can PTV and run C/?/? Jewelry. There is no need to max condition damage either because you will be using power based damage as well.

Like I said. You stack as much Vit and Tough as you can, the third stat matters very little as far as overall usefulness. You are still essentially doing exactly the same thing only trading some wells damage for condition damage or vice versa.

And this “pretty close to the gist” necro is a 1 player zerg. There is no number for the scores of butts I have touched in WvW. I have so many kills the number rolled back over to 1 and errored out. It just says 1e.

I didn’t mean to downplay your substantial experience with building the class, XiL.

I just mean that its not as simple as just picking and choosing your secondary mix with ?/T/V in your base. If people start using PTV gear and just throwing anything in their trinkets thinking they can go willy nilly on the trait selection, it’s going to cause a lot of people problems.

I agree, building a necro is basically ?/T/V and then any Cond/Power in the secondary accessories to flush into cdmg or power, but when someone starts picking up some other set like rampagers, carrions, apothecary, etc. to put in their accessories thinking they’re guaranteed a winning build, they’re going to be sorely disappointed. I think carefully choosing which traits to compliment both skill usages and stat allocations to cover the holes respectively is the way to go. Not really an extremist POV.

maintaining stat balance in a build is important.

in Necromancer

XiL.4318

Extremist silliness.

I didn’t mean to downplay your substantial experience with building the class, XiL.

I just mean that its not as simple as just picking and choosing your secondary mix with ?/T/V in your base. If people start using PTV gear and just throwing anything in their trinkets thinking they can go willy nilly on the trait selection, it’s going to cause a lot of people problems.

I agree, building a necro is basically ?/T/V and then any Cond/Power in the secondary accessories to flush into cdmg or power, but when someone starts picking up some other set like rampagers, carrions, apothecary, etc. to put in their accessories thinking they’re guaranteed a winning build, they’re going to be sorely disappointed. I think carefully choosing which traits to compliment both skill usages and stat allocations to cover the holes respectively is the way to go. Not really an extremist POV.

maintaining stat balance in a build is important.

The more you post the more it seems like you are lacking experience with the mechanics you have so much advice related to. You very effectively can swap Jewelry and Utilities on the fly as a Necro using a simple T/V/? base to perform at a competitive level. To be truly effective you want a set of jewelry for each playstyle that is useful to whatever you are doing. Otherwise you just short change yourself.

This is one of the only ways Necro sees viability in tPvP and in WvW is essential to remaining useful 100% of the time. I have a feeling you don’t even do any Trait or Utility swapping if you have not even considered these options.

(edited by XiL.4318)

in Necromancer

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Hi,
please explain the reason behind choosing Spite -> Master -> Signet Power.
This gives might for 10s every 60s, if you use signet of the locust.
Is that worth it?

in Necromancer

brickforlife.1364

Hi,
Is that worth it?

No. I think it may have been a mistake. You should never use signet of the locust. Ever. The passive beats the active everywhere. I suggest you pick Spiteful Marks or Chill of Death. I personally picked Spiteful marks because having 10% extra damage on such a useful weapon never hurts.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

Hi,
Is that worth it?

No. I think it may have been a mistake. You should never use signet of the locust. Ever. The passive beats the active everywhere. I suggest you pick Spiteful Marks or Chill of Death. I personally picked Spiteful marks because having 10% extra damage on such a useful weapon never hurts.

I highly disagree. Especially for dungeon runs it can act as a good heal since you’re gonna get slowed down when you get into combat anyways. 48 seconds isn’t too bad as a recharge either, especially if you’re gonna be using wells that have 60 recharge untraited. Lowish damage, decent heal.

in Necromancer

brickforlife.1364

Hi,
Is that worth it?

I highly disagree. Especially for dungeon runs it can act as a good heal since you’re gonna get slowed down when you get into combat anyways. 48 seconds isn’t too bad as a recharge either, especially if you’re gonna be using wells that have 60 recharge untraited. Lowish damage, decent heal.

I think it’s a rather crappy heal. It requires 5 mobs to take maximum effect and you’re only going to get 3k or so healing. It’s not a lot. That much can be bursted down from you in a matter of seconds. It’s a bad escape plan, trying to get away with that little health is going to get you killed. When you’re in combat I think you travel at 33% slower speed, if you put locust on top you travel at 92% speed which isn’t bad. I just don’t forsee ANY possible situation where it would be wise to use it. Ever. If I wanted to survive a bit longer while my wells last out, I’d use DS.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

Total Stat Spread:
+2355 power
+2153 Toughness "
+2153 Vitality "

it’s not +2153 +916 base. Its 2153 total, and that’s with ALL the ascended pieces.

It still doesn’t add up. Tell me where I’m wrong please:
The following are for the minor stats (vitality or toughness):

Chest 72
Legs 48
Head 32
Shoulders 24
Gloves 24
Boots 24
Necklace 64
Ascended Rings 68×2
Accessory 40×2
Ascended Back 35
2x 1h weapons 64×2

The raw armor and weapons are: 667
Since your back and rings are ascended, you can’t upgrade them further, so you only have 11 more slots for Crest of Soldier:
11×14 = 154

Also, 200 points from your traits in Blood Magic, that’s a total of 1021, added with the 916 base, it will be 1937. I still can’t get that high.

Am I missing something?

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Total Stat Spread:
+2355 power
+2153 Toughness "
+2153 Vitality "

It still doesn’t add up. Tell me where I’m wrong please:
The following are for the minor stats (vitality or toughness):

Chest 72
Legs 48
Head 32
Shoulders 24
Gloves 24
Boots 24
Necklace 64
Ascended Rings 68×2
Accessory 40×2
Ascended Back 35
2x 1h weapons 64×2

The raw armor and weapons are: 667
Since your back and rings are ascended, you can’t upgrade them further, so you only have 11 more slots for Crest of Soldier:
11×14 = 154

Also, 200 points from your traits in Blood Magic, that’s a total of 1021, added with the 916 base, it will be 1937. I still can’t get that high.

Am I missing something?

you’re missing a +100 vitality from a food buff.