Juggermancer[Final][Blog Link]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

Hi,
please explain the reason behind choosing Spite -> Master -> Signet Power.
This gives might for 10s every 60s, if you use signet of the locust.
Is that worth it?

No. I think it may have been a mistake. You should never use signet of the locust. Ever. The passive beats the active everywhere. I suggest you pick Spiteful Marks or Chill of Death. I personally picked Spiteful marks because having 10% extra damage on such a useful weapon never hurts.

If you are running in WvW or a dungeon with locust sig and you get hit into combat for any reason (getting ganked, don’t have time to swap util for S.walk) you can use the 3 stacks of might from popping the small heal from locust sig with the 10 stacks from BiP to get a total of 13 stacks and a slightly longer duration. This gives you more damage over time than a 10% increase for marks, situationally. (marks have long cooldowns, even when traited)

in Necromancer

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

Hi,
please explain the reason behind choosing Spite -> Master -> Signet Power.
This gives might for 10s every 60s, if you use signet of the locust.
Is that worth it?

No. I think it may have been a mistake. You should never use signet of the locust. Ever. The passive beats the active everywhere. I suggest you pick Spiteful Marks or Chill of Death. I personally picked Spiteful marks because having 10% extra damage on such a useful weapon never hurts.

If you are running in WvW or a dungeon with locust sig and you get hit into combat for any reason (getting ganked, don’t have time to swap util for S.walk) you can use the 3 stacks of might from popping the small heal from locust sig with the 10 stacks from BiP to get a total of 13 stacks and a slightly longer duration. This gives you more damage over time than a 10% increase for marks, situationally. (marks have long cooldowns, even when traited)

Right. Ok. Thanks for the clarification. I wouldn’t use it in WvW but I can see some situational use in dungeons.

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: brickforlife.1364

brickforlife.1364

Hi again! I’ve finally collected all the pieces and tried the build out and it works astonishingly well in pve. However, in WvW, it lacks a bit because I can easily get someone to dying level and I’m still 3/4 health but they just run away and I can’t catch up usually bceause they dodge my dark path and spectral grasp. Any idea how to catch up?

Join
[BEAR] www.gw2bear.com
[DATE] www.tyriadating.com

in Necromancer

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

Hi again! I’ve finally collected all the pieces and tried the build out and it works astonishingly well in pve. However, in WvW, it lacks a bit because I can easily get someone to dying level and I’m still 3/4 health but they just run away and I can’t catch up usually bceause they dodge my dark path and spectral grasp. Any idea how to catch up?

You can always opt for a Warhorn if you’re having trouble w/ catching up. That or just time your attacks so you get the chill/immobilize.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sefiror.1034

Sefiror.1034

What do you think about splitting the gear 3 Knight / 3 Soldiers?

Still with full Crests of the Soldier

(edited by Sefiror.1034)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amarokk.7396

Amarokk.7396

The build link doesn’t show the build you have written.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dietzen.6127

Dietzen.6127

Do you have some Wv3 gameplay footage of this build in action? Would love to see how it plays out

in Necromancer

Posted by: ThCakeIsALie.5306

ThCakeIsALie.5306

My current disagreements w/ this build w/ possible improvements:

Great build! However, there’s a few things I would change about this build.

1. Change (2) Spiteful Talisman to (6) Reaper’s Might

You’re going for most power, right? Your build is built around more might, yes? With Reaper’s Might, every auto-attack you do in DS adds 1 stack of might… meaning the average time in DS can have you well over 7+ stacks of might when you LEAVE DS… meaning your normal skills will boost in damage. Every auto-attack you do in DS, the DS auto-attacks get stronger as well.

2. Change (8) Signet Power to (10) Chill of Death

Why would you use a trait that gives yourself 3 stacks of might for 10s when BiP grants 10 stacks of might for 15s? This makes no sense to me. Lose the Signet of the Locust and switch to BiP.

Chill of Death casts Spinal Shivers on a foe when they hit 25% health. Since your primary off-hand is a focus, wouldn’t that be more synergy for your build? Spinal Shivers chills the target and removes three boons… some mobs/players trait line give a boon when they reach 25% health… meaning it’s removed and they’re chilled as soon as they hit 25% health.

3. Change (5) Staff Mastery to (9) Death Shivers.

Are you trying to kite or are you trying to do face-to-face dps. If you’re trying to kite, then Staff Mastery is great, but this build is more about switching to your dagger to take advantage of the possible Sigil of Bloodlust or dual Dagger/Focus Crest of the Soldier bonus.

Death Shiver applies vulnerability for 10s every 3s to nearby foes while in DS. Not only does this have more synergy w/ RM from your Spite trait line (as you have to go into DS to take advantage of the might gain), but vulnerability has more synergy w/ your Well of Suffering as well… adding 1 stack of vulnerability every 3s that last 4s longer than your Well of Suffering (only 6s). Remember that vulnerability increases the damage the target receives by 1%. More vulnerability stacks = more dps gain from all your might.

4. Change (1) Dagger Mastery to (8) Ritual Mastery

Although I run a well-o-mancer and this is one of the best major traits to have for well-o-mancers, it also helps any build out doing wells and here’s why:

While Dagger Mastery’s 15% boost in recharge looks promising, it only decreases Life Siphon’s 12s recharge to 10 1/4s and Dark Pact’s 25s recharge to 21 1/4s. At best you’re only getting 3 3/4s off of cooldown for the longest of fights.

However, w/ Ritual Mastery’s 20% boost in recharge, your wells go from 45s down to 36s. That’s a 9s drop compared to a little under a 4s drop in your main skills. Plus your Dark Pact has a 25s recharge rate by default so it doesn’t put you too far behind a 36s well compared to a 45s well in a long fight.

5. Switch from 25/0/25/20/0 to 20/0/25/25/0.

I don’t understand why you would want a pessimistic trait over an optimistic trait. By that I mean the descriptions:

Siphoned Power – Gain might when hit and under 25% health.
Blood to Power – Deal 5% more damage while your health is above 90%.

Isn’t the object of being a juggermancer survivability? Most burst damage is held within the first 5s of a fight. Your skills/traits should help boost as much initial burst damage done to the enemy… meaning you’re over 90% health. As the fight goes on, you shouldn’t ever reach 25% health if you’re kiting properly… so SP is a waste of a trait. If you’re ever going under 25% health as a juggermancer you’re doing it wrong!

I did a quick test (not w/ full AC gear) and my data came out to the following:

Prior to BtP bonus:
2028 Overall Power

After BtP bonus:
2118 Overall Power

I then re-traited to see the overall power I would get if I switched back to 25/0/25/20/0 and it came out to 2078 Overall Power.

Remember that the most damage done in a fight is the INITIAL BURST DAMAGE. Congratz to me for doing almost 40 more damage outside of stacks of might/vulnerability. BtP is still the better choice!

Not only that, but the increase in Blood Magic will increase your overall EHP… increasing your overall survivability rate.

Hope this all helped. As for me I’m sticking w/ my Well-o-Mancer build as I have more fun w/ it… I hardly ever take damage as I’m constantly kiting while my Flesh Golem takes the majority of my aggro for me.

I have learned something from this guide though, so I thank you for it. It’s helped me truly understand what EHP is (thank God for mathematics) and appreciate the necromancer profession that much more than I already do.

One thing I will be changing is switching to a Condition Damage/Toughness/Vitality stat change; as they have not created any full gear w/ these traits just yet.

Thanks for this guide!

(edited by ThCakeIsALie.5306)

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

What do you think about splitting the gear 3 Knight / 3 Soldiers?

Still with full Crests of the Soldier

if you slide into a half split between soldiers or knights, you’re losing out on the better halves of each combo set.

The build does not rely on precision whatsoever (unless you go full knights and pump into curses) and therefore if you go 3knights/3soldiers you’re going to lose vitality, gain ~100ish toughness, and lose power. imo that is not a good trade off at all, and should retain the 6 flush of soldier.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

@Cake

you make very good points in your post, and they’re very concise and organized. I think the thing you may have overlooked (the bigger picture of this build) is that the traits and utilities are extremely flexible. This is one of the strengths of the trait setup. I obtain trait slots that carry multiple popular and useful/strong traits that are used in many different builds, not this one. I’ll supplement your bullet points to shine a light on some of them.

1) DS is a powerful tool. Both Spiteful Talisman and Reapers might are good traits to use in this build. The only problem is, if you commit to dealing DPS in DS because of the incentive of 1might/per DS1 shot, you will allow yourself to play in a very predictable manner. Because of the high toughness and vitality in this build, Death shroud (even when under attack 1v1) can last in upwards of 20-25 seconds. at 50%, DS1 loses its potency and the player should drop out of DS. in theory, you could gain 10 stacks of might (more like 8, as you gain more stacks their duration are shorter) but in reality, those 8-10 stacks are only going to last you about 5-6 seconds at best. this gives you 2.5 dagger chains if you happen to connect with your target, and that is a lot of ifs. It’s a good trait nonetheless, and can allow you to increase your DPS curve, but the more reliable source of utility and skilled play will come from a cooldown mod’d focus.

The focus has 33% shorter cooldowns than the warhorn and when traited, is an extremely reliable tool for snaring, catching up, regenerating, and creating vulnerability. These effects are chain-AoE and therefore provide a strong toolset for duo/trio WvW play. I only included Spiteful Talisman in the build link because it is the forerunner for that slot; But keep in mind, there are other strong situational traits available to hot swap.

2) Spinal shivers pre-cast trait is a wasted slot. your focus SS is already 16 seconds when traited, which means if you truly need SS casted on your target, it should be up on your bar.

As for BiP vs. Sig trait, it’s not an but/or decision. It’s an and/or. As I stated in an earlier post, I not use the new locust sig to run point to point, and swap out the sig and trait when i reach large engagements. If i get ganked on my way to my destination, that’s a good bubble heal and 3 insta-might that i can use to properly re-cooperate from a burst opening. BiP isn’t excluded from use in this build, it’s a fantastic tool. pooping BiPSig also grants you a few extra seconds of duration, which is a plus because BiP might doesn’t last long at all. (if you want a build that showcases the good use of BiP to bridge the might and bleeding, please refer to my Feral Shadowmancer, read up on condition duration vs. condition damage)

imho, at the end of the day, chill of death would be a wasted slot. Something that is readily available and already in your regular toolset should not be traited for a specific moment. It’s too situational to be beneficial in the long run.

3) DPS calculation between the usefulness of vulnerability and the damage over time rundown for 20s on putrid mark vs. 25 seconds on putrid mark (which hits for 1600 regularly when geared) is 3200 damage (2 casts) vs. 4800 damage (3 casts) over the course of 60 seconds. That’s a 1600 damage rift w/o the staff mastery trait. If a player decides to go into DS, sit for 9 seconds (3 stacks of vuln) and cast putrid mark, they get only a measly +48 damage (making it 3248 damage over the course of 60 seconds) from putrid mark. This translates across all the marks cooldown time. My strong opinion about vulnerability in this game is that currently it is too weak. either the stacks need to be increased per proc/cast on our skills, or the percentage gain from each stack needs to be increased. Vulnerability is just not a valid strategy at this current time for necromancers. (and yes, i’ve run a test gimmick build that was axe/focus 30 spite to max vuln stacks to see how it fares vs. might stacking)

4) I agree with the majority of what you say about the difference between the two minor traits. but it ties back to how flexible the trait points are and what you can pick to utilize the maximum EHP. I only picked 25 spite because i am frequently heading 5-man teams or zergs and i rarely am in that golden 90% HP range. Because our HP acts as a buffer and not as a regenerative pool (like other classes) i usually end up in large fights with 60-70% hp (bouncing between healing+cleansing and going into DS to soak) Both are valid minor traits. To me, it’s an even split with the deciding factor being playstyle. If you’re a more conservative player who is more of a stealthy/mindful gank-necro that attacks with the element of surprise, the extra 5 in death will in fact increase your EHP and give your more damage while you duel with your HP above 90%.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

As for those who really like to push the juggermancer to the tanking limit, 60-70% is going to be the dueling norm for larger encounters. But thank you for pointing this out. it’s an important part of players deciding how they want to play and how to receive the stronger benefit.

As for CTV, I have a hard time believing it will ever be implemented in the game because curses25 minor trait, large EHP efficient necromancers with stacked condition damage will run around with scepter/focus + staff and absolutely dominate. When i originally made this build, I actually desired the nonexistent CTV combo because the curses trait line is far superior to the spite line.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ortumbra.7490

Ortumbra.7490

Hi, just found this build and I can’t wait to try it when I hit 80. The only question that I have being a noob is what armor you suggest with the build you put in the first post? The link doesn’t show me what armor you have on the build, and you suggested 5 types of gear (Sorrows Embrace/ Ascalonian Catacombs/ Invaders/ HotW gear). Which dungeon should I run for the armor set, or should I mix and match from each dungeon? Thx in advance for the answer.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Liet Talen.7284

Liet Talen.7284

@ Ortumbra
The armor suggested for this build contains the stats “Power, Toughness, and Vitiality”.
You can acquire the armor at any of the locations you mentioned; Sorrow’s Embrace, Ascalonian Catacombs, Honor of the Waves, and WvWvW (Invaders).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Donedusted.9846

Donedusted.9846

pooping BiP+Sig also grants you a few extra seconds of duration, which is a plus because BiP might doesn’t last long at all.

If I ever find myself pooping a signet, I’ll be paying a trip to the proctologist. Ha!

On a serious note, I wanted to thank you Sheobix for all your time and effort spent here.

I used to run conditionmancer, then changed to Feral Shadowmancer for a change and now have started using a variation of the Juggermancer with a little more crit and a little less HP.

I am now absolutely owning face in wvw. Seriously, I feel so powerful now. Where I was a bit more tentative in battle and used to hang back, I now run fearlessly ahead of the pack and start carving people up with my dagger. People absolutely don’t expect it, either, so you have the element of surprise on your side, too. Death Shroud now packs a real punch and is far more useful, too. I use it proactively to close distance and do damage as well as just absorb damage. Since using this build, I have had numerous whispers from fellow necros asking me “what spec are you and how did you kill everyone and still survive 0.0”

I wouldn’t have considered this possible without Sheobix’s posts. Thank you again!

Anyone else who thinks they can “only play conditions” like I used to think: try it! You will be so pleasantly surprised! Suddenly being in melee range takes a little getting used to in terms of playstyle, but it’s so much fun. I feel like an assassin who has made a pact with death itself; a dark thief who has traded stealth for endurance and spike and burst for consistent, unrelenting raw damage. It’s amazing!

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

pooping BiP+Sig also grants you a few extra seconds of duration, which is a plus because BiP might doesn’t last long at all.

If I ever find myself pooping a signet, I’ll be paying a trip to the proctologist. Ha!

On a serious note, I wanted to thank you Sheobix for all your time and effort spent here.

I used to run conditionmancer, then changed to Feral Shadowmancer for a change and now have started using a variation of the Juggermancer with a little more crit and a little less HP.

I am now absolutely owning face in wvw. Seriously, I feel so powerful now. Where I was a bit more tentative in battle and used to hang back, I now run fearlessly ahead of the pack and start carving people up with my dagger. People absolutely don’t expect it, either, so you have the element of surprise on your side, too. Death Shroud now packs a real punch and is far more useful, too. I use it proactively to close distance and do damage as well as just absorb damage. Since using this build, I have had numerous whispers from fellow necros asking me “what spec are you and how did you kill everyone and still survive 0.0”

I wouldn’t have considered this possible without Sheobix’s posts. Thank you again!

Anyone else who thinks they can “only play conditions” like I used to think: try it! You will be so pleasantly surprised! Suddenly being in melee range takes a little getting used to in terms of playstyle, but it’s so much fun. I feel like an assassin who has made a pact with death itself; a dark thief who has traded stealth for endurance and spike and burst for consistent, unrelenting raw damage. It’s amazing!

Thanks a lot for trying it out. A lot of wrinkles were ironed out thanks to the findings of glock, ascii, warmonger, and many other players on the forums. This thread was the product of a players who learned about the strengths from others and only serves as a stable build point for powermancers alike.

I highly encourage people to play with the trait points here.

Edit: typos are my joy in life.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Thank you for all the work you have done sharing your build. I have played it in wvw and I have to say that even with 3500 attack, I feel like my damage is horrid. Never critting just doesnt take players down in bigger battles.

I have had some nice 1v2s with this build and easily lived(and it kills thieves like a champ which is always a good thing). But in larger battles when my enemy can retreat to the support of his team, I can usually never kill anything.

Not sure what the secret is, even fully traited for marks with sigil stacked (so probably higher than 3500 atk), my marks tickle people. I can do decent damage with dagger, but in larger battles that just doesnt cut it.

Any tips?

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Thank you for all the work you have done sharing your build. I have played it in wvw and I have to say that even with 3500 attack, I feel like my damage is horrid. Never critting just doesnt take players down in bigger battles.

I have had some nice 1v2s with this build and easily lived(and it kills thieves like a champ which is always a good thing). But in larger battles when my enemy can retreat to the support of his team, I can usually never kill anything.

Not sure what the secret is, even fully traited for marks with sigil stacked (so probably higher than 3500 atk), my marks tickle people. I can do decent damage with dagger, but in larger battles that just doesnt cut it.

Any tips?

focus on locking and snaring weaker foes. if you go after a full hp player in a huge 20+ man zerg, of course you won’t take them down before you go evading off into the pack. (immobilize, well drop, focus snare, DS fear back towards your zerg, staff fear even further, DS2 gap close, spectral walk further into your zerg, spectral grasp them further towards you, repeat immobilize and snare)

with good timing, you can manipulate players who are usually found spamming cluster bomb, AoE fields, or other bread and butter skills. You’d be amazed how quickly you can lockout someone from their bar when they don’t think it will happen in large engagements. “oohhh… nobody is going to pay attention to me… ill just spam this awesome skill! pewpewpewpewpew!”

those are the people you should go after.

berserker glass cannons can take down people faster, but more often than not you’ll find yourself dead on the ground waiting for a res in the middle of a fun battle if you kitten someone off and make them fight back and kill you.

edit: if you want to try something that has more killing power and less tanking power that can benefit from the covers of allies, try out my feral shadowmancer. you’ll be able to tag them with bleeds to finish them off as they run.

2nd note, if you want to burst them down, stack might from Life blast in deathshroud, target a new player, pop BiP, enter lich, and mow them down.

(edited by Sheobix.8796)

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

I’ll be creating a blog that makes notes on the different aspects of power based necro building, and it can be found here at http://necronotes.blog.com/

I’ll be adding posts, content, memos, notes, videos, and more in the future while i can.

I will still answer questions on this thread, as always, and I welcome players to PM me on the forums, send me in-game mail questions, or whispers in-game while i’m online.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SeductressEclipse.8294

SeductressEclipse.8294

Hi, Sheobix

I’m very intrigued by your build and I think it suits my playstyle out of all the Necro builds out there. But it seems there’s is alot of grinding in FotM to achieve this build accurately. For someone who just turned lvl 80, and dont have any of those items. What’s the best gear/build to “start” off with via TP or any other place, so you can grind lvl 10 FotM for those items? Any help is greatly appreciated!

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Hi, Sheobix

I’m very intrigued by your build and I think it suits my playstyle out of all the Necro builds out there. But it seems there’s is alot of grinding in FotM to achieve this build accurately. For someone who just turned lvl 80, and dont have any of those items. What’s the best gear/build to “start” off with via TP or any other place, so you can grind lvl 10 FotM for those items? Any help is greatly appreciated!

knights gear. or if you want ptv accessories, just pick up 2x nightmare coils, an emerald pendant, and some invader earrings from any leftover badges in wvw you may have.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Idk, I like the juggermancer because its such a simple build.

It’s nothing special. No bells and whistles, just pure, flexible, tanky goodness that lets you have fun playing the game. with a tad tweaking it can go from tpvp to PvE to dungeons to wvw and you name it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Smoeki.2756

Smoeki.2756

I got to say I really like this build, been thinking about it on my own for a bit but never took the time to get into it. I’ve been playing more of a Power wells/Minion Staff/Septer/Dagger build and have always found it decent for the most part. Conditionmancer although has GREAT dps just never fit my playstyle, epidemic still works from others in a group member conditions setting anyhow.

I played around with it in PVP and WOW, I’ve been ambushed by 2 Glass cannons at the same time and still keep going, I killed one and still get close to taking out the other, with some more time learning the skill-set I can easily see taking them both out. I like the stand off power with the staff and the upclose combat with the dagger a lot. Time to actually spend some gold on the Exotic’s it looks like for WvW and PVE.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hepan.2709

Hepan.2709

How well do you think this would work by droping some V/T to gain some prec/crit dam but not investing in curses?

Also, droping 15 in DM and 5 in Spite to get 20 in SR to maximize DS duration/damage

Just out of curiosity how hard does this actually hit as it is?
DS1 over 50% on GC/tanky builds
Dagger1 chain on GC/tanky builds
Wells on GC/tanky builds
Lich form on GC/tanky builds

Just intrested in some average or ball park estimates.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

• Buffed optional final HP and Armor: 31,242 HP 3143 Armor

No matter how much I theory craft, I can’t reach that. Can you show me a picture in which you’ve actually achieved 31,242 HP in an overflow (cause I want to assume that’s what you’ve accomplished without wvw bonuses)?

Royal Signet of Doric
Lost Seal of Usoku
Koss on Koss
Emerald Pendant
Invader’s Earrings
Sorrows Embrace/ Ascalonian Catacombs/ Invaders/ HotW gear
Invader Weapons (Or PTV Fractal Weapons if they come out )/ SE/hotw/AC weapons

All Crests of the Soldier x14 (weapons, armor, accessories)

Adding all the stats on the stuff you posted, gives you 959 base power, 667 base toughness and vitality and only x11 slots for Crests (with dual weapons). Remember, ascended gear (2 rings and 1 back item) don’t have free slots for crests.
So adding that 667 base vitality to 11×14 from crests, that’s 821. 20 points in Blood Magic = 200 vit which brings the sum up to 1021.

Base HP + (2153-916) = 18,372 base HP+ 1187 vitality = 30,242 HP (unbuffed)

2. Loaf of Omnomberry Bread: +100 vitality, +70 toughness, +10 Experience from kills

Now if you use a 100vit food, it’s gonna be a total of 1121 vitality (I don’t know how you managed 1187). So, 18,372 base HP + 11,210 from vit = 29,582 total HP with food.

Of course, if you’re also adding the Robust WvW bonus, that’s gonna be 1%-10% more hp but you haven’t specified that in your post.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

224 armor
128 weps
136 rings
80 invader earrings
64 pendant
35 Koss
154 crests
250 blood traits
100 food buff

11710 hp + 18372 = 30,082

my calculations in the OP were off due to misusing a major bonus from one ascended in error instead of the minor.

Still, 30,082 HP.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Burjis.3087

Burjis.3087

Yeah, now that’s correct
I’m working toward having something similar as an alternative PvE build. I have a full fledged condition gear set (after going through 3 full sets of various exotic gear combinations) and want to get a full soldier set like the one you have in this thread.
Have everything except the trinkets. The accessories and the amulet is gonna be the hardest part to get due to the need for badges of honor.

Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] (www.espguild.com)

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

For the badges, I would say do all four jump puzzles, then do your WvW daily and then call it good for the day. Repeat that for a couple weeks and you’ll be good on the trinks.

if you want it accelerated a little, do the above and then add about an hour of camp flipping for the extra needed to do it in about 8 days

in Necromancer

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

For the badges, I would say do all four jump puzzles, then do your WvW daily and then call it good for the day. Repeat that for a couple weeks and you’ll be good on the trinks.

if you want it accelerated a little, do the above and then add about an hour of camp flipping for the extra needed to do it in about 8 days

If someone on your server is doing elevator for EB, just make a whole bunch of level 2 alts and get them ferried to the chest. You get at least 6 badges IIRC.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alkaline.2809

Alkaline.2809

I have been running this build for about 3 days now in wvw and I like it. About four of the accessory areas have knights for precision since I dont have any badges left for now.

I was thinking of changing out the soldier crests in the armor for +90p and 60% might duration and try working some traits around for BIP lowered duration. Do you think this would be a good tradeoff?

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

For the first two weeks I ran this build, I was running knight accessories.

I highly encourage you to swap out the crests in the armor for runes that fit your sepcific playstyle, in the case you’re wondering, I think it would be highly beneficial.

pushing this to become a BiP+Might stacking build makes it reach its maximum power curve and when you rig your might up to last, you can run around in lich form and drop wells like a boss.

Even with just a little bit of gear, wells were ticking for 850-1000 with only 10 stacks of might from BiP, you could probably get a lot more by running a precision food buff and stacking might duration. more power to you!

Glad to know the build is still passing from word of mouth to leap off the second forum page.

just another reminder, I have a building blog at necronotes.blog.com and I will feature builds, building strategies, and other building related game information that people want to learn about… I will be taking a hiatus from january 12th-late april! So ask soon.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

Would it be viable to use axe/focus instead of dagger?Not for the AA since it’s terrible, but for the 2 and 3, then switch to DS or staff, then back to axe again for 2 and 3.

With the tankiness of the build, the retaliation(that is affected by power I believe) that lasts longer per person/mob hit is real nice, and the damage of 2 is fairly decent.

Thoughts?Would it be viable to go 15 in blood so that axe trait in 30 spite can be taken and still have the 25 death magic toughness→power?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bushi.4507

Bushi.4507

Thanks for the Juggermancer build! I actually have time to /laugh when a thief tries to blow me up. Running knights gear atm, full crests of soldier. A clothy with over 3k armor is a nice thing.

Mordred The Red

[HB] Black Gate

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Would it be viable to use axe/focus instead of dagger?Not for the AA since it’s terrible, but for the 2 and 3, then switch to DS or staff, then back to axe again for 2 and 3.

With the tankiness of the build, the retaliation(that is affected by power I believe) that lasts longer per person/mob hit is real nice, and the damage of 2 is fairly decent.

Thoughts?Would it be viable to go 15 in blood so that axe trait in 30 spite can be taken and still have the 25 death magic toughness->power?

this is perfectly viable. go for it. my following “fall back” numbers for traits go:
15 in spite
10 in death
15 in blood

you can distribute the last 30 anywhere.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

Thanks for the Juggermancer build! I actually have time to /laugh when a thief tries to blow me up. Running knights gear atm, full crests of soldier. A clothy with over 3k armor is a nice thing.

its especially nice since this class is heavily reliant on stat numbers instead of trait spread.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alkaline.2809

Alkaline.2809

Well its been awhile now that I have played this build and tinkered with some things. This is what my stats are so far:

Unbuffed:
power – 3200
precision – 23% ( I need to get more invader earrings and rings to get rid of this)
Armor – 2900
Health – 24000

With runes of strength, hoelbrak, and fire I can get BIP 21s duration plus traiting deathsrhroud.

Well of suffering is a 3260.

One thing that I find people do not realize is you can still use staff with this type of build. I cant tell you how many times I push people away by dropping area dots. My mark of blood hits 1470 bleed and chillybains 729 poison plus the regular damage. Putrid mark is a solid 1k+.

(edited by Alkaline.2809)

in Necromancer

Posted by: KhoBakkSte.9802

KhoBakkSte.9802

Hey Sheobix,

Loving your build, I rock in WvW with it (woo SoR). Anyways one question:

- for MH Dagger would a superior sigil of force be a good replacement for crest of soldier? I feel the 5% increase would be better than 20 power and 14 toughness/vitality

in Necromancer

Posted by: abelooi.9156

abelooi.9156

@Sheobix

Just want to say I have always been following necro threads in this forum and found that your advice on necro builds and tips are one of the best there is.

Built my own jugger yesterday and had so much fun it in that I decided to completely transmute a full set to my own liking and even have them dyed nicely teehee. Now I have no access to ascended gears yet, and even the rings, accessories and amulets are rares with crest only.

Even that gives me super health, toughness and power. I reason with a friend who ran dungeon with me (if i stand around forever and not ended up getting down all the time (or half the time), my effective dps is still about the same as u considering u missing half the action, and he was surprised I still stand after everyone got knocked their socks off by a giant slam which usually immediately downs. Not only I didn’t go down, I ended taking 3 hits to the face (one in DS) and started ressing everyone. That’s the kind of support it brings and I’m glad we have you around in the necro thread.

Love the flexibility and gameplay of the necro and, thanks!

Cheers!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

I have exactly the same build and close to the same stuff (i need another ascended ring but i have a soldier ring with crest of soldier) but even with food buff i am under 30khp.
I have 29322hp, 2951 armor and 3513 power.
I really don’t know how you reach 30,082hp because with a second ascended ring i will only have 120hp more.

in Necromancer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

I don’t see how the “Juggermancer” could be “FINAL” without screenshots of giant norn women.

/underwhelmed

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in Necromancer

Posted by: maxsettings.2834

maxsettings.2834

An exotic, account-bound amulet with the soldier prefix can be obtained from the chests in FotM. I’ve had it sitting on a mule since November, thinking it was easy to come by.

Attachments:

Devona’s Rest [TDD] – [OBS]
Bukems Mailbox

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draegan.1472

Draegan.1472

How up to date is the OP?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Invader Amulet can be had if you spend some time in WvW instead of Emerald Pendant.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spyder.7192

Spyder.7192

I’m new to the Necro (just hit 80 a few days ago) so sorry if this question seems stupid.

Why do people use the entire death trait line to buff staff/marks when it’s only a secondary weapon? Wouldn’t those traits be much better spent elsewhere?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

It hits multiple targets, gives condition, transfers your condition, provides CC with fear, and give you regen. It’s also a good counter against stealth since it does not require active targetting to trigger.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

What about the traits to get retaliation? Wouldnt they be ok for this build? Ill try it when i have some timel.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

Been a asura necro, I’ve access to another spell (Pain Inverter) that grant Retaliation and Confusion for 6 sec. With all that power, your retaliation will hit around 340. With axe #3 you can keep it up long enough to matter too.

I’ve tested this with Well of Blood and bone minions (for the area Retaliation with their blast) and any 1 button spamming melee can die in second if they’re not paying attention.

Normally you end up not able to chase them down if they flee (smart players will stop attacking until the buff is gone), but you don’t die either and the cooldown is low enough to Retaliate again if they come back.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

So this is the build that Ascii uses.

I mean, I’m assuming.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Necromancer

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

whats the point of this build? wouldnt a power necro with knight’s gear do way more dps and still have decent survivability?

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draegan.1472

Draegan.1472

The point of the build is to sit in the middle of a zerg and not die. Support boon removal and spread debuffs. You’re not supposed to do dps really. Unfortunately, necro healing and buffing is awful.

I would probably use Knight gear with Ice runes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

whats the point of this build? wouldnt a power necro with knight’s gear do way more dps and still have decent survivability?

Vitality > Toughness for necro, as it effects your lifeforce pool^^. An this build is amazingly fun if you like beeing tanky, and beeing able to lead charges/groups into zergs in WvW and not get insta downed ;3. Also you can beat anyone 1v1 with this build in lich form as you get a free 64% chance to crit and with 3800 power your lichform 1 hits for 5k+ ~

Also Sheobix I love your builds * o *

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!