Juggermancer[Final][Blog Link]

in Necromancer

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

Ah yeah I was talking about knight’s from spvp. Is there a pve VPP equivalent?

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terrordoll.4652

Terrordoll.4652

I have a few questions on what direction to tweak this build. I’m hoping you guys can give me a little direction/advice.

So currently I am running the base build of 20/0/25/20. The remaining points I shuffle around as I try different builds. About half my gear is AC PTV and the rest is Knights that I’m in the process of converting. At this point I’ve never had more fun with my necro. I got my gear relatively quickly with the help of friends and the difference has been night and day. I can’t tell you how much fun it is simply not disintegrating when people look at me cross eyed. It’s incredibly hard to get better when you just melt right away. So for that, thank you Sheobix.

The problem with this build is its so fun on a base level that I’m having a hard time getting my traits where I want them. Everything I do is decently effective. Right now I run Dagger/Focus with Suffering, Darkness and Locust. I enjoy wells and feel like they give me a decent amount of flexibility so I’d like to build on that. I also enjoy the tankyness of this build and would like to play to those strengths as much as possible. So with that in mind here is my proposed build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQQQNAodWjMaV6ZaKbM8JApHNjNvTKyecIF5uLA

Here are my concerns/questions:
1. You can see I’m trying to make use of retaliation. I think its a great idea considering how tanky we are. I’m unsure if the 2 ways I have of generating it are enough to make the investment worth it. I’m human and don’t have access to the Asura racial. I know the axe has additional retaliation but I would have to ditch staff or dagger for it. I’m worried doing that would remove flexibility or too much dps.

2. I don’t have the slots for the improved siphon however I did take dark armor. Worth the slot considering?

3. I noticed Superior Sigil of Sanctuary has some really decent bonuses for this build. Vitality is always welcome, chill duration is awesome and increases my time on target and the additional chance for retaliation meshes well. The things is I’m worried about all the power and toughness I’m giving up in ditching Soldier Crests. Thoughts?

(edited by Terrordoll.4652)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

You are misrepresenting your damage with this build a bit, it is actually miserably low damage even with dagger aa.

Your crit chance is so low why would you mention what ds1 will crit for when it will virtually never happen in practice.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DragonXavier.3964

DragonXavier.3964

I actually run a similar build but with 5 less points in spite and blood magic, Reapers Might instead of Signet of Power and 10 points in soul reaping. I find that it gives you even more survivability and some more damage if you use DS right. To answer Dredlord, I think Crit rate goes up in DS because at 9% I crit at least once every time I go into it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: destijl.3769

destijl.3769

Can someone please explain to me how Sheo calculates his final, unbuffed toughness and vitality of 2153? Even with an ascended PTV amulet I can’t get there. Here’s the breakdown (toughness for example):

base 916
trait 250
armor 224
armor slots 84
weapons (dagger/focus for the extra crest) 128
weapon slots 28
back 35
neck 85
accessories 80
accessory slots 28
rings 136

total 1994

where is the other 159 toughness (and even more vitality, since it has 5 less trait points in its respective line) coming from?

Your face is funny, all squished and weird.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

Here is the template i use for RvR in zerg group.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQQQNBIhZakRLUPTzSjfPBI945rheSB3jHpo4hB
First i snare and debuff with my wells, second AoE with the staff and finally rush in DS use life transfer and then locust swarm+plague.
The purpose is to do massive control on the opponent (spamming plague of darkness).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Achilevel.1807

Achilevel.1807

Hey, is this build a bit outdated (in terms of what the best available gear is?)

It seems to me that Thakeray’s Family Crest is a superior PTV amulet, but I might be missing something. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Thackeray_Family_Crest

in Necromancer

Posted by: phletch.8497

phletch.8497

Been keeping up to date with this thread and would like to see more info, comments etc coming in from the rest of the necros. Am leveling up a necro because this juggermancer build intrigues me. Was wondering if anyone with this build has any Vids mainly playing WvW? Would love to see this in action

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cruces.3280

Cruces.3280

Sheobix’s “new build” in is blog link shows 25/0/25/20/0, but in his blog notes he states his new build is 15/0/25/20/10…so freaking confusing.

Will the real Sheobix “new build” please stand up!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

0/0/25/15/0 is the base of his build. After that, you can compensate on whatever you want. If you feel like the 150 power from Spite would be better invested in Curses for the Crit + DS Fury, go ahead.

It’s all a matter of choice. I prefer the 30 spite for 20% more damage under 50%, some will prefer the free protection at 50% from Soul Reaping.

Your full PVT gear will make you very hard to take down even with 0 traits invested. At only 3s the trait’ change, test it to your heart’ content!

As for Retaliation build, the best way, without Asura racial, would be to use Well of blood, Axe #3, Putrid Explosion x2 and Putrid mark, then DS (heal and DS traited for Retal, wells for cooldowns). If you have more than 1 target, you’ll be perma-retaliation for 30+ sec, until your heal comes back up.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

in Necromancer

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

What is the role of this build in larger fights and how do you contribute to your team? Id like to roll a power necro but feeling kinda discouraged because I never see necros making a difference on the battlefield. I dont see this doing any damage or bringing much utility.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

Sheobix’s “new build” in is blog link shows 25/0/25/20/0, but in his blog notes he states his new build is 15/0/25/20/10…so freaking confusing.

Will the real Sheobix “new build” please stand up!

Both sources I gave have reasons for showing a slight twist to the base build.

but the base build is 25/0/25/20/0.

you can pick up some utility playstyle vs. power if you play with the points in spite.
sorry, i was in USMC boot camp.

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

You are misrepresenting your damage with this build a bit, it is actually miserably low damage even with dagger aa.

Your crit chance is so low why would you mention what ds1 will crit for when it will virtually never happen in practice.

because casting Lich autobumps your crit to roughly 50% chance to hit, and you can use that to rampage.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

because casting Lich autobumps your crit to roughly 50% chance to hit, and you can use that to rampage.

ownage

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Welcome Back Sheobix

in Necromancer

Sheobix.8796

thank you! 15 chars blehr

in Necromancer

Posted by: lordmitz.2047

lordmitz.2047

i love these survival necro builds. both yours and the abomination build (can’t remember the name of the poster for that) are showing the zerker warrior elitists that us necros still have a place in the game! cheers buddy <3

in Necromancer

Posted by: ndrangles.5183

ndrangles.5183

juggermancer was the build that made me main necro. it’s so solid. i use 30-0-25-15-0, and in WvW i’ve started swapping the focus and staff cooldowns for retaliation on heal/death shroud. i could work pain inverter in there too, since i’m master race but even without it, it’s very useful having some retal for tactical moments when you sense incoming burst or lots of hits, like a p/d thief’s stealth shot, quickness, whirling wrath, etc. the retal on shroud works well with the whole idea of using shroud to soak burst.

Majyyks [Os] – NSP

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpreadCheese.5208

SpreadCheese.5208

Just wondering if the build is up to date? I see revisions but not familiar with game update version.

Thx

(edited by SpreadCheese.5208)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akachi.1352

Akachi.1352

Is this still viable?

in Necromancer

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

what does viable mean? this is a horribly pointless way to play a necro in WvW.

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Don’t necro this thread again.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

lol , i used to log in to the forum on this page..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.