July 9th - Necromancer - Patch notes

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

General:
•Sigil of Paralyzation: This sigil no longer impacts fear duration.

Necromancer:
•Mark of Blood: Updated the skill fact to display the proper regeneration duration.
•Dark Path: This skill will now cause the necromancer to shadowstep the full 1200-unit distance when hitting at max range.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

•Dark Path: This skill will now cause the necromancer to shadowstep the full 1200-unit distance when hitting at max range.

What was Dark Path doing before?

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

I plan to test the interaction of melandru with fear as soon as I can, but based on the short changes above, I would say the change was isolated to the sigil, and I would be willing to bet my hat that melandru still double-dips on fear reductions.

Dark path change is interesting… but I very rarely have situations where it hits and doesn’t send me the full distance. Only when people are running away, and it seems to lock on, but only port me about 75% of the way.

No big nerfs either, which I think everyone should take some notice of. Seems to be they will take the slow nerf approach, or just that this was mainly a content update with little class balancing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

Meh… point is now there is no sigil for fear duration in spvp while there is duration sigil for EVERYTHING else.

in Necromancer

Rennoko.5731

Meh… point is now there is no sigil for fear duration in spvp while there is duration sigil for EVERYTHING else.

What I found really interesting was in the live stream they mentioned the sigil working on Daze was also a bug, yet in the patch notes, no mention of the additional daze duration being removed from the sigil. Easy enough to test with WH, but really the double standard is irritating if that is the case.

With the cooldowns and limitations to on-crit and on-swap sigils, there are really not that many options for offhand sigil.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

They took it, and nurfed it to the GROUNDDDD, they nurfed the rest of the cake too.

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

They took it, and nurfed it to the GROUNDDDD, they nurfed the rest of the cake too.

I lol’ed.

This should be taken as a good sign. Maybe without the Sigil of Paralyzation skewing things, Fear won’t need to be nerfed directly (or nerfed as hard) in the August balance patch. Making this change now means they have the opportunity to observe the Necro’s performance for a few weeks before pushing further changes live.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

This should be taken as a good sign. Maybe without the Sigil of Paralyzation skewing things, Fear won’t need to be nerfed directly (or nerfed as hard) in the August balance patch. Making this change now means they have the opportunity to observe the Necro’s performance for a few weeks before pushing further changes live.

As long as they balance out this obvious hit to Necromancers properly, people wont mind. They now need to;

• Remove Daze & Knock-back being extended by +% stun duration effects.
  • Remove Fear, Daze & Knock-back being reduced by -% stun duration effects.
  • Redefine to everyone what “stun” means, renaming/ changing stun-breakers accordingly.
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

What I found really interesting was in the live stream they mentioned the sigil working on Daze was also a bug, yet in the patch notes, no mention of the additional daze duration being removed from the sigil. Easy enough to test with WH, but really the double standard is irritating if that is the case.

With the cooldowns and limitations to on-crit and on-swap sigils, there are really not that many options for offhand sigil.

and i really hope it stays that way. dont want to lose extended duration for my whorn and tactical strike aswell…

btw hisazul: there are no specific runes/sigils for confusion or torment either.

but i really hope, melandru is fixed. dont get my hopes up tho.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Weird… I’ve never had Dark Path behave any other way.

I’m pretty sure the Flesh Golem’s knockdown isn’t affected by the Sigil of Paralyzation.

• Redefine to everyone what “stun” means, renaming/ changing stun-breakers accordingly.

That’s not necessary. All you need to know is that stun breaks cancel control effects.
Changing names or anything like that would just complicate things.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

As long as they balance out this obvious hit to Necromancers properly, people wont mind. They now need to;

Agreed. I find it especially ridiculous that some stunbreakers work better against certain knockback effects than others. There really needs to be better consistency overall.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Necromancer

Ascii.9726

That’s not necessary. All you need to know is that stun breaks cancel control effects.
Changing names or anything like that would just complicate things.

I don’t get it…

Are you saying that Stun-breakers removing Fear, but Stun duration not increasing Fear makes sense and wont confuse new players?

Rename Stun-breaker to Control-breaker, re-validates everything it does.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Sorry, this is mesmer territory. I suggest you go back to the cool kids.

/edit: And be happy that it’s only the sigil. If this had been a mesmer change it would reduce the damage of terror by 50% and double the cd of all fear skills in adition to nerfing the sigil.

(edited by Iavra.8510)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

What was Dark Path doing before?

Before, if you managed to make Dark Path activate at 1200 range, it would only pull you about 900 distance, probably a holdover from when Dark Path was 900 range only.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Btw for dark path, its tooltip was 900 range, its effect range was 1200 (as all claw projectiles necros have they were 300 range longer in beta 1, then got nerfed in tooltip but not behaviour… oh how i miss you long Ngrasp), so if you hit someone at 1200 youd get pulled for 900, not really a problem since it counted “hit” as edge of model instead of actually dealing damage/bleed thus most of the time you could dagger 1 spam right after D2 even if you casted it from 1200 range.

kitten YOU Softspoken.2410, typing out faster when i was trying to reply!

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silas Drake.8946

Silas Drake.8946

I’d bet money melandru is untouched. Hell melandru + -CD food is kind of a long standing “nerf” to condition specs.

Phorfiet - HoD O|O

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tears.5627

Tears.5627

I lol’ed.

I did not even notice that there was a sigil for that. I always love my sigil of earth ;p

Running Axe on Necro since April 27th, 2012 (Before it was cool)

in Necromancer

Posted by: shizo.5698

shizo.5698

Does sigil of impact affect damage during fear btw?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

This should be taken as a good sign. Maybe without the Sigil of Paralyzation skewing things, Fear won’t need to be nerfed directly (or nerfed as hard) in the August balance patch.

Wouldn’t get hopes up. More fear nerfing will probably coincide with everyone finally figuring out you just have to focus down the Necro first same as always.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Necromancer:
•Mark of Blood: Updated the skill fact to display the proper regeneration duration.

So does this mean that Mark of Blood always gave 6s regeneration at base, and I just never knew?

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tenebrous.2451

Tenebrous.2451

The cake is a lie.

I had to say it.

Thursday Tenebrous – Necro * Sunday Tenebrous – Hunter
Tenebrous Fivetree – Guardian
Zelots of Shiverpeaks (ZoS) – Northern Shiverpeaks