Just fought a heal sig warrior for 20 minutes

in Necromancer

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

I just fought a heal sig warrior for 20 minutes in wvw…Although it was kinda fun by the end both of us just got bored and walked away. I couldn’t kill him and he couldn’t kill me (although he definitely had the upper hand the whole fight with very little effort). Is there anything you can do against these warriors atm? I run a condi/survival spec and although my damage isn’t great I can usually outlast a tanky spec 1v1. This warrior seemed to shrug off literally everything I threw at him, never dropped below 75%hp even when I unloaded on him, and healed that back to full immediately.. Am I missing something or are they just insanely unbalanced atm.

(edited by kailin.4905)

in Necromancer

Posted by: pierredahlstrom.2785

pierredahlstrom.2785

and that warior probably made a post on warior section about a 20min fight against a necro and claims its insanely unbalanced that he couldnt kill you either
But ya Warior heal sig is pretty sick

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Funny thing, is the war’s are QQ’ing it’s not nearly powerful enough, as our blood fiend heals for more. Even worse if we put poison on them.

Guess just be glad that for once, you can feel like attrition!
You weren’t just CC locked and killed with no counter.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

condition against a warrior ? most useless thing you can do

warriors can remove conditions 24/7 and that also heals them and buffs them.

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dietzen.6127

Dietzen.6127

Well that’s just not true, I pump wars full of condis and they go down. I only go down if I’m out of CD’s and a hammer warrior surprises me with no DS. I don’t really die to wars since they’re really predictable and easy to kite.

(edited by Dietzen.6127)

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

Well that’s just not true, I pump wars full of condis and they go down. I only go down if I’m out of CD’s and a hammer warrior surprises me with no DS. I don’t really die to wars since they’re really predictable and easy to kite.

you did not fought a shout build warrior condis don’t worth anything aggaint’s these guys lol.

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dietzen.6127

Dietzen.6127

All day long I’ve been fighting warriors, sure I don’t know their spec, but they all had hammers and regen signet and I didn’t lose 1v1 all day. And I’m specced hybrid, so I also do quite good DD on top of my condis.

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

All day long I’ve been fighting warriors, sure I don’t know their spec, but they all had hammers and regen signet and I didn’t lose 1v1 all day. And I’m specced hybrid, so I also do quite good DD on top of my condis.

real shout build warriors mostly use the heal that also removes 3 conditions not the heal sig also they automatically can remove some of the cond. yeah I tried it on my war Lots of heals almost immune to condis southeals /dance.

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

kailin.4905

Funny thing, is the war’s are QQ’ing it’s not nearly powerful enough, as our blood fiend heals for more. Even worse if we put poison on them.

Guess just be glad that for once, you can feel like attrition!
You weren’t just CC locked and killed with no counter.

He probably did lol. I’ll tell ya though I was like playing in “the zone” for 20 minutes not to die. Not that the warrior was hitting me very hard but was just wearing out my cooldowns over and over. I’m not really sure what his full spec was but I did notice he had regen, vigor, and a 3rd boon I dont recall seemingly up at all times during the fight. I youtube’d some stuff about it after and found quite a few video’s of warriors tanking on 4-5 ppl so I guess its not that uncommon atm. No wonder there’s warriors everywhere again.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Shout heal war lacks damage tho. And they use s/wh instead. Because they run 0/10/30/30/0, they also lack burst mastery for more earthshaker. That’s why he can’t kill you either.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

1. Warriors are not clamoring for Healing Signet buffs, or buffs of ANY kind really. Not the sane ones anyway. As a main War, the class is in a good spot right now. We’re currently flavor of the month, but that’s bound to change soon; the meta is ever so fickle. Some other classes do need some buffs and tweaks, to be sure, but Warrior should be left alone for a while.

2. Warriors can clear condis a few ways

• Cleansing Ire – Cleanses when using a burst, Defense 20
  • Traited Warhorn – Cleanses when using Warhorn 4 or 5. Tactics 20.
  • Soldier Runes – Cleanses when using shouts, Rune skill #6
  • Shake it Off – Removes 1 condi on all nearby allies, Utility Shout, 25s CD
  • Mending – Remove 3 condis and heals a moderate amount, Heal Button (very similar to consume conditions)

So while there are many power cleanse options, they all come at a cost. Traits, heal/utility slots, rune slots, etc.

3. Shout Heal Warriors are basically support builds. They’ll often run a Hammer. You’ll have difficulty killing them 1v1, because of their high healing, tankiness, and ability to slow the fight down, but all they can do to you is try to slowly wear you down. You may remember this sort of tactics from time spent fighting against EVERY guardian ever! :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Regen warriors (wvwvw staple fun build) are kinda unkillable, but they cant kill a good necro, ok trap thief/conse guard nor a dd ele who knows how to roll his face over the keyboard or place a cat on it. with catnip on the F3 button.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drawing Guy.3701

Drawing Guy.3701

If he had constant regen, then he either was traited for any movement impeding skills to give him regens (chills, immobilize and cripple – all of which you would have been casting on him) or for banners to do so. Regen + Signet + Adrenal along with condition duration reducing food/runes has allowed my warrior to basically ignore conditions as most condition users are not able to stack high enough to beat my passive regen before I can hit my Ire. The problem with the warrior you fought is that he was probably wearing tank gear so he didn’t have the killing power to back it up. ‘Luckily’ Hammer and regen warriors can back up their high condition survival and still be zerker gear as blocks and Endure Pain along with your Vigorous Focus (assuming you use this over Signet Mastery/Sprint) gives you great survivability over physical DPS as well.

Heck, I’ve fought a warrior build like this on my Necro that was on a zerk build – his blocks, stance, dodges and regen kept him up through my heavy damage until he managed to take me down just as he had a sliver of HP. To my elation, my full zerk could not out siphon his regen, so it was just a matter of leisurely walking back to me after my fear and pressing the stomp key.

Luckily despite Warriors having so much passive that it makes them super easy to play, most people you run across are super bad. I tend to run across these warrior builds in pairs and still win against them 90% of the time with my Necro solo. It’s just once they take that easy high survivability while keeping high damage with an inkling of how to play that they become trouble.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Hey OP, list your build so we can fully understand why you fought a ‘super’ warrior for that alleged 20 mins, kkthx.

in Necromancer

kailin.4905

0/20/0/20/30
curses: weakening shroud and focused rituals
blood:transfusion and deathly invigoration
soul reaping: unyielding blast, near to death, and foot in the grave

My gear atm is about half rabid and half carrion with undead runes as I’m trying to work on a hybrid build bit by bit relacing rabid with carrion.

For utilities I had up signet of spite, well of suffering, and well of corruption, plague, and consume conditions. Normally I run the 30/20/0/0/20 but I had just switched to try this to try to live longer in the zerg and give a tiny bit of support. I also usually don’t run wells but what can I say I was experimenting a bit. In retrospect the one time he ran to reset the fight I should have switched WoC to corrupt boon and maybe even WoS to Blood is power for the single target damage but I was caught up in the fight. My build was no where near suited for the situation as with his vigor boon he was dodging my wells constantly. I was trying to kite with scepter/dagger and pop signet of spite every chance but I couldn’t keep the conditions stacked at all. If I did get him down at all he could cripple me and get enough distance to get healed back to full. When he came at me he wasnt doing much if any damage with shield/sword but would switch to GS and do a bit of dps now and then. In this case I would use a combination of our crap siphons, deathly invigoration, and consume condis to heal back up while kiting with staff marks cc’ing him.

(edited by kailin.4905)

in Necromancer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

shouldn’t be a hard fight. I run 70% condition duration with a scepter, focus and staff. I can keep a warrior perma chilled the whole time(since the base durations are high to begin with on necro chills) as long as zerker stance isn’t up.

If he was super tanky like with warhorn 30 tactics and a banner it can be a long fight but it should be winnable as a necro.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

You prob needed to just utilize DS more for interrupts and to get that torment on him. I’ve fought several of these so-called “invincible” warriors since leagues began, and they all die the same way. You keep them interrupted as much as you can, keep the poison on to chop up those heals, and keep them on defensive. Once they blow their best cd’s waste them. Get chill on them to increase the cd’s. Yes the fights will always be long, but you’re not going to win this out by trying to slowly attrition them down. You need to interrupt and force them to blow cd’s and know when to burst or push those condis. Now trying to do it on a pure power build…yeah that’s prob not gonna happen.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nagato no Kami.4980

Nagato no Kami.4980

0/20/0/20/30
curses: weakening shroud and focused rituals
blood:transfusion and deathly invigoration
soul reaping: unyielding blast, near to death, and foot in the grave

My gear atm is about half rabid and half carrion with undead runes as I’m trying to work on a hybrid build bit by bit relacing rabid with carrion.

For utilities I had up signet of spite, well of suffering, and well of corruption, plague, and consume conditions. Normally I run the 30/20/0/0/20 but I had just switched to try this to try to live longer in the zerg and give a tiny bit of support. I also usually don’t run wells but what can I say I was experimenting a bit. In retrospect the one time he ran to reset the fight I should have switched WoC to corrupt boon and maybe even WoS to Blood is power for the single target damage but I was caught up in the fight. My build was no where near suited for the situation as with his vigor boon he was dodging my wells constantly. I was trying to kite with scepter/dagger and pop signet of spite every chance but I couldn’t keep the conditions stacked at all. If I did get him down at all he could cripple me and get enough distance to get healed back to full. When he came at me he wasnt doing much if any damage with shield/sword but would switch to GS and do a bit of dps now and then. In this case I would use a combination of our crap siphons, deathly invigoration, and consume condis to heal back up while kiting with staff marks cc’ing him.

I think you’ve hit upon your own problem. Wells are great in specific circumstances but fairly useless in a 1v1 on open ground. A lot of the nice zerging skills necros have will get you killed when roaming.

in Necromancer

kailin.4905

Oh I agree completely. I was actually set up for zerg/survivability and was trying something new trait wise. I was running to join a zerg from a camp I took when this fight occurred and was not set up at all for 1v1. Its happened before where I’ve run into bunker type guardians or whatever but I’ve never had a stalemate quite like this one. I really wish I had a second chance with my normal build to see if it would have been different.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sylpheed.5034

Sylpheed.5034

If you keep on overloading him with conditions, he should go down first. Objective is to inflict conditions faster than what he cleanse. Conditionmancers are very capable of doing that.

Keep on poisoning him XD

Conditions are not useless against a warrior except when he’s in Berserker’s Stance.

I agree that the battle will be long but you should be able to gain the upper hand.