Karls necro

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

so karl was playing necro the whole streams. he played a hybrid necro to get a bit of life force regeneration. i was really surprised how well he did in the duels against top tier roaming streamers. he pressured successfully to hit sos and then followed with fear. stopped doing condi damage when shin used resistance and switched to axe and so on. he saw many matchups today and won against all of them atleast once….except engi because engi…

but with all of this he didnt have master of corruption because even he realized thats its more of a burden than a gain. maybe we’ll see some changes

pls as a reminder dont use this topic dont flame or offend/insult. its not the intention of this topic

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Or in other words, don’t expect fixes or buffs

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

I still think they need to totally rework MoC, revert CC nerf, and up our condi output a bit to include returning our lost bleed stacks on staff and scepter(post dhuumfire nerf); they need to return our 17% terror nerf (post dhuumfire); and they need to increase burning, because as it is now, it’s really bad. Max 3 stacks of burning only if you stay in ds as a condi build is super low dmg compared to any other condi class with burning.

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Goldenrevolver.4371

well they just nerfed barbed precision to 33% because they thought necro was too much condi damage

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

so karl was playing necro the whole streams. he played a hybrid necro to get a bit of life force regeneration. i was really surprised how well he did in the duels against top tier roaming streamers. he pressured successfully to hit sos and then followed with fear. stopped doing condi damage when shin used resistance and switched to axe and so on. he saw many matchups today and won against all of them atleast once….except engi because engi…

but with all of this he didnt have master of corruption because even he realized thats its more of a burden than a gain. maybe we’ll see some changes

pls as a reminder dont use this topic dont flame or offend/insult. its not the intention of this topic

For what it’s worth, Chaithh is a really good engi and he did well against everyone except for a really good necro. To the point where he said there’s probably no way to outdamage a good condi necro as Engi since constant weakness cripples Zerker build and condi control cripples Cele and Carrion.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Wait I missed most of the fights and since duels don’t mean much most of what I heard of his 2v2(or something like that) was he was not focused which is the exact opposite of what happens in reality(that’s a big one) and wasn’t he dueling some GS/Hammer war?? Not being negative just looking for valid sources.

The Dhuumfire thread

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

well they just nerfed barbed precision to 33% because they thought necro was too much condi damage

Still don’t get that. Engie can stack 15 bleeds stacks in one click, and ramp up to over 7k dmg per tic from burning all in under 3 seconds, and they are worried about our bleeds? How? Where does that come through?

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: dood.7526

dood.7526

Like I’ve said in the other threads, the patch wasn’t a total failure for us. There’s lots of good stuff.

But where there’s bad stuff, it’s otherworldly bad. Even to where it almost overshadows the good stuff.

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Still don’t get that. Engie can stack 15 bleeds stacks in one click, and ramp up to over 7k dmg per tic from burning all in under 3 seconds, and they are worried about our bleeds? How? Where does that come through?

Engi doesn’t have the almighty and trustworthy Death Shroud.

The Dhuumfire thread

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Goldenrevolver.4371

yes weakness cripples power build but im asking myself why he was playing a power build. with his skill level he could wreck everybody with condi. boring but effective. and i know that condi necro is the main counter for condi engi but i think chaithh could have done it

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I bet prepatch condi necro would win vs new necro

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

First: 15 stacks of bleeding wasn’t done by “one click” , it were 3 skills, the streamer said this. Still some really high bleeding for the amount of time, but just wanting to be correct here.

Second: The 7k burning damage ticked for one single second and this won’t affect the PvP because he was only able to do this because he used all burning sources at the same time and no PvP player will keep standing in 3!! fire fields for their entire duration.

But I have to agree, it’s kinda sad what anet did to the meant condition-master of the game and necromancer should get some serious buffs.

(edited by Kodama.6453)

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

The strengths of the new necro have always been undoubtedly strong. Enfeebling shroud in particular is one of the best GM traits in the game, and power necro is getting all around buffs.

The complaints are coming from the full condi side of things, because the whole playstyle isn’t just getting nerfed, its getting hit in really inexplicable ways. You’ll note that the necros you saw doing well in the streams were all running at least hybrid builds and being most effective with the power side of their builds. The streamers that tried to find something like the current 100% condi based terrormancer were universally unimpressed.

Where the conditions where really doing work was mostly in the engie matchups where engies have been historically weak to conditions but today were loading up the necro with big loads of burn/bleed and failing to dodge the followup plague signet. I think its a combination of the streamers being overexcited by the new builds and under pressure to keep talking as they duel, and the fact that nobody is used to the new, dramatically lower CD on plague signet.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

yes weakness cripples power build but im asking myself why he was playing a power build. with his skill level he could wreck everybody with condi. boring but effective. and i know that condi necro is the main counter for condi engi but i think chaithh could have done it

Chaithh tried condi engi AND power engi. It just wasn’t doing it. Condi engi actually died faster. The other necro was really good.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Goldenrevolver.4371

ok too much trust in his skills do we know that necros build?

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Realistically the only bad parts of the patch were Corruption related. Everything else was arguably fine, some great maybe a little bit mediocre here and there, but if we could ignore everything related to corruptions we’d have a very different opinion.

The problem is Consume Conditions got wrapped up in that, as did Plague.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Realistically the only bad parts of the patch were Corruption related. Everything else was arguably fine, some great maybe a little bit mediocre here and there, but if we could ignore everything related to corruptions we’d have a very different opinion.

Even then, BiP becoming a AoE might buff was rather nice, though the new duration is kinda low (at least, people snub their noses at Guardian staff 4 for a short duration, and it lasts 10 seconds… though it does take almost three seconds to channel it)

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I would say that the Curses line and the Master tier of Soul Reaping really hurt Condi necros because of how poorly they were layed out.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: dood.7526

dood.7526

Even then, BiP becoming a AoE might buff was rather nice, though the new duration is kinda low (at least, people snub their noses at Guardian staff 4 for a short duration, and it lasts 10 seconds… though it does take almost three seconds to channel it)

I have zero complaints about the BiP change. They nailed it. A lot of us were saying it should be AoE might and that’s what it became. Prime example of great corruption implementation.

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I would say that the Curses line and the Master tier of Soul Reaping really hurt Condi necros because of how poorly they were layed out.

master and Grandmaster Tiers. Both are really bad at the moment. Parasitic contagion really shouldn’t be in Curses at all, Lingering Curse should really improve condition damage besides just scepter even if that means it takes a hit to the duration it provides. Master is easily the worst though.

Barbed precision was also an unnecessary nerf.

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I can get Curses, but how is the master tier of Soul Reaping hurt condition necros in terms of choice? Fear of Death seems like the no brainer for a condition build. Vital Persistence is nice, but I don’t think Dhummfire in it’s current state is good enough to justify picking VP up… or are you talking about Spectral Mastery, or Foot in the Grave vs. Dhummfire in the GM tier?

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I can get Curses, but how is the master tier of Soul Reaping hurt condition necros in terms of choice? Fear of Death seems like the no brainer for a condition build. Vital Persistence is nice, but I don’t think Dhummfire in it’s current state is good enough to justify picking VP up… or are you talking about Spectral Mastery, or Foot in the Grave vs. Dhummfire in the GM tier?

You want the reduced cool down of your skills in death shroud which helps path of corruption and doom primarily. You also want the 50% fear duration. Spectral master is also helpful to us because condi builds struggle to build life force. At least pure condi builds do. Although that last one isn’t so big of a problem seeing as you couldn’t take that trait with path and terror before anyway.

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Link to vod?
/fifteenchars

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

The complaints are coming from the full condi side of things, because the whole playstyle isn’t just getting nerfed, its getting hit in really inexplicable ways.

Which is why I’m so upset about this… I’ve been a conditionmancer for a very long time and I’ve gotten my attacks down to such a nice rotation that it feels like butter every time I do it. It’s a part, one of the many parts, of what I really love about Necromancer.

I imagine those rotations will be totally destroyed after the patch and it saddens me immensely that I very likely won’t be able to continue playing the build I love so dearly… I’m just plain and simple not a fan of glassy or full-on tank builds. I enjoy being tough to kill with a potentially nasty sucker punch up my sleeve and conditionmancer has always filled that role for me. It can take up to 4 people to bring me down and I still have potential to one-round people if I land my full condition rotation on someone. I just loved that I had equal ability to tank and to nuke in the same build. Of course, I could always make something like a siphoning build which I might have to try but… I dunno. Change just sucks, lol.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

http://www.twitch.tv/chaithh/v/6473120

around 2:48:00 you see some necro duels. You really get to see signets of suffering in this one. Also at 2:56:50 is another one.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

http://www.twitch.tv/chaithh/v/6473120

around 2:48:00 you see some necro duels. You really get to see signets of suffering in this one. Also at 2:56:50 is another one.

I need this necro build, looks fun !

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

OK, I watched it, that wasn’t Karl though who was beating Chaith. Karl was “Necronomikarl”, the 2nd necro Chaith duelled, and Chaith absolutely demolished him.

The necro who was beating Chaith was Noscoc, Chaith said. He was Necromancer Dd, the staff/axe/warhorn guy with three signets, who was cancel-casting the signets for might stacks.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I have zero complaints about the BiP change. They nailed it. A lot of us were saying it should be AoE might and that’s what it became. Prime example of great corruption implementation.

I wouldnt say they nailed it. The duration was already on the short side. Now its even worse. Which means its like staff guard. People are going to yell at you for overwriting long duration might stacks from fire fields. You are better off running bone minions and double blasting with the group or not running any extra might generation at all. You get higher duration and lower cooldown on bone minions and only 2 less stacks.

BiP got nerfed to provide a group use weve been asking for. But that means its main use (solo buffing) took a huge hit. And the group buffing side of it is still very very weak. In all honesty i prefer the old BiP. I recommended using it on my guides as one of the main utilities. Now i will struggle to justify that.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Goldenrevolver.4371

OK, I watched it, that wasn’t Karl though who was beating Chaith. Karl was “Necronomikarl”, the 2nd necro Chaith duelled, and Chaith absolutely demolished him.

The necro who was beating Chaith was Noscoc, Chaith said. He was Necromancer Dd, the staff/axe/warhorn guy with three signets, who was cancel-casting the signets for might stacks.

yeah i thought that was obvious. you can see some good duels between shin and karl if u want. chaith battled noscoc and said at the end: he must be abusing some kind of bug or something because he couldnt beat the condi transfers and boon converts with perma 20+ stacks might. i think for pvp signet of suffering is too much.

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

yeah i thought that was obvious. you can see some good duels between shin and karl if u want. chaith battled noscoc and said at the end: he must be abusing some kind of bug or something because he couldnt beat the condi transfers and boon converts with perma 20+ stacks might. i think for pvp signet of suffering is too much.

Noscoc was casting and cancelling the signets for might stacks, but even without that bug he would be able to maintain some high might stacks.

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Goldenrevolver.4371

Noscoc was casting and cancelling the signets for might stacks, but even without that bug he would be able to maintain some high might stacks.

seems to be possible for so many skills/traits atm like berserkers power. is that possible on the live servers too? why would it be possible now?

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: mordran.4750

mordran.4750

the words Karl and Necro in one sentence made me giggle…………

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cannabrah.7842

Cannabrah.7842

Actually when they changed the node and Chaithh pointed that Nos was stacking with bug Nos stopped and still was able to maintain 15+ stacks from only signets and Siphoned power.

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: ManCaptain.3154

ManCaptain.3154

Spectral master is also helpful to us because condi builds struggle to build life force. At least pure condi builds do.

Imagine warrior only gained adrenaline with specific skills. What necro needs is more even LF generation across weapons. Every weapons should be like daggers.

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Cancelling signets for might stacks looks like a bug they should fix/nerf.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Genesis.7693

Genesis.7693

Can we not ask for nerfs based on a single duel against a class necro counters?
Wait until you see duels against a shoutbow warrior or a medi guard, or anything but an engi. When you see the necro get bursted down by a mesmer in 2 seconds then we’ll see if we’re OP or not.
Though I agree about the cancel casting thing. It most likely isn’t working as intended.

Edelweíss – Necro Exclusive

Karls necro

in Necromancer

Goldenrevolver.4371

shoutbow will be condi now too so they cant damage us and medi guard...yeah were still not that viable xD