Khilbron's armor

Khilbron's armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Eroiqua.5891

Eroiqua.5891

Just a head’s up…the event today has caused an extreme drop in prices for named exotics. Yesterday Khilbron’s pieces were anywhere from 6-10g each on buy. Today I just scored a full set for 8g50s total.

Khilbron's armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: vanOorsome.5231

vanOorsome.5231

Samesies Although not wanting to spend so much gold i went and got gloves and helm from karma vendors in orr since they have the same specs and otherwise wouldn’t know what to use my karma on. Also there’s a whole bunch of rabid gear on the market now which i don’t recall seeing previously.

Khilbron's armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ice Furl.4982

Ice Furl.4982

I snatched one, pretty relived that I don’t have to do a bunch of dungeon runs for rabid moded armor, I also got new weapons to go with it

Khilbron's armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.3645

Cempa.3645

Advantages over full Carrion? As in why get Khil over Cari?

Khilbron's armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Superior Runes of the Undead

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

Khilbron's armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

… wouldn’t know what to use my karma on …

Legendaries!

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Khilbron's armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Condition damage + crit + toughness works alot better then the power + vit + condition damage gear. The crit procs bleeds with the right runes and toughness is a better stat for a necro because we can remove conditions so fast and our health is already high.

I really wanted to make carrion work because it easier/cheaper to get… all my testing says Rabid is better in all the condition or hybrid conditions builds I have tried.

In process of replacing my exotics knights gear and moving away from power builds in WvW. The more I play conditions in Spvp and Tpvp the more I like it.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

Khilbron's armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

8G? it’s 15G already. I rushed selling everythign with a bit of worth i had to get 4 of the 6 pieces so far. But soon they all go up even more.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Khilbron's armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.3645

Cempa.3645

In terms of damage, you actually get more with a mix of precision thrown in when using Superior Sigil of Earth against targets that have medium to higher amounts of armor (base level 80 armor your tooltip calculates damage against is 2600.)

You can test this out both with dummies in Heart of the Mist and bleed damage formula by including

(bleed damage per 5 seconds) x (critical rate) x (0.60 from the Sigil) + (bleed damage per 1 second) x (critical rate) x (0.66 from minor trait)

in what ever condition rotation damage you calculate.

The higher the target’s armor, the more the overall damage will overtake the added Power from Carrion from attacks that cause bleeding (e.g. If you’re heavy in Scepter #1 or Staff #2.)

In terms of survivability, you don’t want full Carrion as your effective health (armor x health) and your effective heals (heals x armor) will be suboptimal. You either want max effective health or max effective health plus the average amount of effective heals you expect to be against in a typical battle (so you want your armor to be between equal to health/10 or higher depending on your playstyle – i.e. how many heals you expect per battle and how good you are at removing conditions.)

Full Carrion is better than full Khilbron/mixture of Khilbron and Carrion in these situations:

1) You don’t use Superior Sigil of Earth.

2) You expect to take a lot of condition damage that you expect to not be able to get off of you and/or you expect to take very little direct damage.

So Khilbron or a mix of Khilbron and Carrion isn’t outright better than Carrion as a Condition necro. It depends on your playstyle and what you want. Also, ther are other stat combinations tha can work, too.

I think you were the one who had trouble with the new Veterans as Condition Necro. I have absolutely no trouble against them and can take on multiple ones if I’m feeling like I want to be tedious and I’m using a mixture of those two stats. Maybe you can give that a try.

Thanks, I went back and got me a full set and I can instantly see the difference, I mitigate much better and have more condition damage due to the rune but I just can’t kill it :/

I’m talking about the one that ‘Transfers Conditions’ its the only one I came across that does that.

Khilbron's armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Hardcore farmed today to get 15g necessary for this. Thanks for mentioning it. I would never have noticed. Now we will see if this set is really that great as many say

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Khilbron's armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Managed to purchase it all except legs (I bought rabid legs using Karma) for approx 9g, but left the offer in for a few hours while I was out the house. I am definately looking forward to using it – having never equipped armor giving defensive stats.

It looks nice too! Was ready to get 5 Transmutation Stones ready to transmute into another set but it really isn’t necessary!

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Khilbron's armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Agnostic Pear.3809

Agnostic Pear.3809

I’d like to also thank the OP for this thread. Now I’ve got the headpiece, and it’s very nice looking. Plus it lets me farm Arah a bit less now lol.

Khilbron's armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

Cheers, got the boots for 2.2g… better than the 16g they where a few weeks ago!

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

Khilbron's armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nickczh.6341

Nickczh.6341

thanks for the information! if you didnt point it out, I wouldnt have noticed. right after you said it, I bought full Ogden (carrion) exotic armors for 8g only (gloves and helm were less than a gold!).

also, a tip for everyone: I’ve noticed the prices of plain rings to be around the 1.3-1.5g range, and L80 jewels in the 70s range. It would be cheaper to buy the rings and upgrade yourself than to buy upgraded jewels for 2.7g.
(prices quoted from yesterday’s TP, 18 Nov)

80 Necromancer, 80 Warrior
SoR

Khilbron's armor

in Necromancer

Posted by: vanOorsome.5231

vanOorsome.5231

… wouldn’t know what to use my karma on …

Legendaries!

Yeah but none of the legendaries really fit necro atm. I’m going to wait out legendaries until they bring out a new set, however long that takes…