Knight's VS Cavalier's

Knight's VS Cavalier's

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tekitori.2610

Tekitori.2610

I was wondering witch would be better b/c on one hand w/ the knights you crit more often all the time but crits do less damage, and on the other hand Cavalier i was thinking of running life blast build so the Deathly Perception would boost to at least 65% then the fury for 5 sec w/ Furious Demise would boost it to 85% but when i leave DS it goes down to 15% without fury. (I’m using this build for mostly WvW but I’m prob going to use it a little in fratals where i can just life blast 24/7 as well)

P.S. Running w/ cavaliers trinkets and zerk weps

Knight's VS Cavalier's

in Necromancer

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

Full zerker if u wanna power necro in wvw.. It’s the most fun way imo.

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

Knight's VS Cavalier's

in Necromancer

Posted by: Koots.9608

Koots.9608

I use 5 knights armour, rest zerk for WvW, nice with a bit extra tough for ZvZ

Matt, [SWD], Piken Square

Knight's VS Cavalier's

in Necromancer

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

Knight's VS Cavalier's

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

If you want a sound answer, spreadsheet it, or at least put it into an online char calc.
If you just want opinions; go Knight for on-crit effects or Cavalier for higher spike damage.

Ele / Guardian

Knight's VS Cavalier's

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

You cannot get crit damage if you do not have precision, which you can get in several ways, not just through armor. Getting crit chance up until cool-downs on sigils and runes give diminishing returns, then finish your build around power and improving crit damage bonus. Precision is always the first concern but you need to know when to stop adding more. Nemesis likes his at about 50% chance. Traiting precision even more is possible but you give up something else to get there. Try out the build-type extremes for different perspectives.

Knight's VS Cavalier's

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Nemesis is not always the best source. I once saw him make build with 100% crit chance while using 3 phantasm duelist as a power player. I pity the condition players that have to work together with that build. Off the side note if your ging life blast then take cavalier, I don’t think you have much procs on crit so cavalier will boost yoour damage the most.

EverythingOP

Knight's VS Cavalier's

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ashin.5986

Ashin.5986

Mathematically, power is a better stat for increasing damage than crit rate or crit damage. Therefore any gear without power as a primary is inefficient, if maximum damage is your goal. Knight’s has other virtues since toughness may be desirable to you.

Knight's VS Cavalier's

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Yea, I think power is the way to go; besides it’s not RNG dependent and also as a minor detail, objects can’t be crit.

The only place for crit damage builds is Death Perception ones, then you can take cavalier, though I think Valkyrie would still be better. So if you can hit 50% crit before DS, then you can stack some of it.

Of course, crit damage is getting nerfed, and we’re not certain of the effects atm.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Knight's VS Cavalier's

in Necromancer

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

You don’t have to go full one or the other. You can just take enough Knight’s to get to around 30% base crit chance; take traits that grant you fury (or just run with Warriors), and take the 50% crit chance in DS trait…or some oil/precision stack sigils

Then top off the rest with Cavalier gear.

Knight's VS Cavalier's

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Imo, it depends on your build and what you want out of it. If you go 15 into curse for fury on DS and 30 into soul reaping for deathly perception you only need to have 30% base crit. (30% + Fury 20% + Deathly Perception 50% in DS = 100% in DS or 50% when flashing DS) With this setup you won’t need any knights, you can go zerker/cavaliers.

The different option is a build like KarlusDavius (above) proposed. He said going full zerker is good enough but if you need to be a bit more defensive (for what ever reason) knights can fill in and help with the needed crit and toughness. Cavaliers would be fine as well if you are meeting the crit chance needs.

EDIT: Also don’t over do it on either of these gear sets. For a power build it gets all of its damage from mostly crits and crit damage which scales from your power. Both knight and cavaliers has power as the secondary stat so you will be crippling your damage but investing to much into these sets.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

(edited by Zikory.6871)