LF PvE Support build

LF PvE Support build

in Necromancer

Posted by: denDAY.9650

denDAY.9650

Hey folks,

I have been unable to find a good theorycrafting site for our beloved class so I will ask in here instead. I am looking for a good support build for Dungeons as I don’t plan on doing much PvP (if any at all) and am getting bored of my condition-DPS spec.

So, any help?

LF PvE Support build

in Necromancer

denDAY.9650

I am interested in hearing what people may think of this build; focusing on Staff as main weapon and using axe and focus for vulnerability and boon removal. Though what I am mostly interested in in regards to feedback is the traits.

LF PvE Support build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thudda.4392

Thudda.4392

Im using this build atm. Im using it with clerics set and i have liked it. Last major trait from blood im not sure which to take but it has worked quite well for me.

[FD] Thudda @ Seafarer’s Rest

LF PvE Support build

in Necromancer

denDAY.9650

Not bad, though there are a couple of things that strikes me as weird.

• I am not sure how useful Chill is in dungeons. They may be good in PvP but often there really isn’t much room to run around on, so having chill on blind…is that really necessary?
  • For the same reason I’d also go with focus rather than warhorn. I guess it’s because I am looking more for a Con-Boon build rather than a CC build, which yours seems rather focused on, am I right? Focus does give you a boon removal after all.
  • And given the OPness of Signet of Undeath I cannot see a reason why not to use that as a standard utility skill?
  • Why not drop Well of Suffering for Spectral Wall which gives vulnerability as well but also protection to allies?

LF PvE Support build

in Necromancer

Posted by: riotnrrrd.9582

riotnrrrd.9582

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mzVm0cz9MohMGoohMGo0GGx0MsMkMRb8kiT707kiO7kir7070z7kIF70V7owZ7ow27owZ7ow27owZ

i use that build it supports pretty good

well of blood and mark of blood will heal allies
well of blood and well of power will remove condions

i start with sceptor/daggern get 3 curses going from auto attack then drop 2 and 5 then switch staff and drop 2-4 i drop both damaging wells, when i see meelee go down below 75% life i drop well of blood mark of blood and well of power under them

LF PvE Support build

in Necromancer

Posted by: merch.1026

merch.1026

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mzVm0cz9MohMGoohMGo0GGx0MsMkMRb8kiT707kiO7kir7070z7kIF70V7owZ7ow27owZ7ow27owZ

i start with sceptor/daggern get 3 curses going from auto attack then drop 2 and 5 then switch staff and drop 2-4 i drop both damaging wells, when i see meelee go down below 75% life i drop well of blood mark of blood and well of power under them

well of blood remove conditions?? or is that a combo effect when using your staff within the light field

LF PvE Support build

in Necromancer

riotnrrrd.9582

well of blood remove conditions?? or is that a combo effect when using your staff within the light field

it removes from allies but not me, might be the light combo not exactly sure what light combo is

LF PvE Support build

in Necromancer

riotnrrrd.9582

ahh yes just checked wiki its the light combo

A Light Field is a skill that enables the creation of combo effects when a combo finisher interacts with them. Light effects either remove a condition or apply Retaliation to allies.

Finisher Effect
Blast Area Retaliation
Leap Retaliation
Projectile Remove Condition
Whirl Cleansing Bolts

LF PvE Support build

in Necromancer

denDAY.9650

Again it seems much more CC and DPS focused than the Con-Boon build I am looking for. :-/

I’ve run with my con-based DPS spec for some time now and I am interested in seeing how the Necro will contribute to the group with next to full-out support, and not so much hybrid.

LF PvE Support build

in Necromancer

Thudda.4392

Not bad, though there are a couple of things that strikes me as weird.

• I am not sure how useful Chill is in dungeons. They may be good in PvP but often there really isn’t much room to run around on, so having chill on blind…is that really necessary?
  • For the same reason I’d also go with focus rather than warhorn. I guess it’s because I am looking more for a Con-Boon build rather than a CC build, which yours seems rather focused on, am I right? Focus does give you a boon removal after all.
  • And given the OPness of Signet of Undeath I cannot see a reason why not to use that as a standard utility skill?
  • Why not drop Well of Suffering for Spectral Wall which gives vulnerability as well but also protection to allies?

Hi there,
I also use focus when im doing dungeons, for some reason i picked warhorn, which i use when on doing wvwvw.
I just threw in those wells that i usually use. Everything depends so much about mobs/boss what utility i will use. Lets just say ive been bit lazy and havent check is there any better greater traits instead chill, its little helpful when you are kiting thing in instance. I havent had much use for signet of undeath at dungeons (except Lupicus, where i dont use any wells).

Also i like well of suffering because it does give some damage for me and also those allies who are in area it gives protection (that protection trait from death magic) and finally vunerability. I would have liked to get that 15points minor trait from spite but i like too much of ranged wells

Also my heal from well of blood tick about 750~ without any healing signet stack and regen 330~.

You are right, i have to check my traits/skills at some point again It has just worked for me

LF PvE Support build

in Necromancer

denDAY.9650

Also i like well of suffering because it does give some damage for me and also those allies who are in area it gives protection (that protection trait from death magic)

Really? Because the tooltip makes it sound like it only grants the caster protection for casting it, and not on every tick.

LF PvE Support build

in Necromancer

Thudda.4392

Sorry if i was unclear. That trait grants protection for every ally who are in the area of well and that protection doesnt refresh every tick, just gives when well is cast. Dont know if there is cap for amount of people for how many it can give, but everyone in 5 man party should get it, if they are inside area of casted well (doesnt matter which well)

LF PvE Support build

in Necromancer

Posted by: merch.1026

merch.1026

that trait may have just gone up in my books if thats the case