LF a good MM build for the new patch!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gandyman.3087

Gandyman.3087

Ive been looking online and cant seem to find anyone thats come up with a MM build for the new HoT patch! If anyone has a link to one thatd be awesome! or suggestions on some ideas!

new to necros! always been a mesmer but giving a new class a try

Butterflies for everyone!

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-34-_;1kHkD0z3VI-K0;9;489A;0036157146;4Xw0;3F-03F-036r

This works. It’s very little different from my old build. Works with Soldiers or Knights, or Clerics depending on what you want out of it, and can be slightly tweaked here and there. Works fine, but ill have to do much deeper testing when I get more time. You can try that out for now though, it should definitely yield results.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gandyman.3087

Gandyman.3087

awesome! it looks good! ill give it a try! thanks man for the reply

Butterflies for everyone!

in Necromancer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

This is what I’m planning to try in WvW when I get home tonight.

It’s a condition-focused minion build. I’m not sure about the vampirism signet. I may go with the blood fiend.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-30;3o2lD0s3oI-K0;9;4897;0036248147;4awWFM;1bUytbUytq-kC4-eiM3;1vcv7wcw7xcx7D10JF2m;9;9;9;9;9;9;0V6s5T

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’ve been updating metabattle with what I feel is the “standard” MM build post-patch. So head over there in a few hours and I’ll be finished with it.

Also, SoV is amazing now. It is legitimately really strong, and Blood Bond doesn’t interfere with it in any way, simply adds 5 stacks with separate durations to the stack like a condition would work.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

(edited by Bhawb.7408)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dreaminspace.2638

Dreaminspace.2638

I play as a Death Nova Necro and here is my build that I currently am using.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=V5_;3o2WF0v3oI-K0;9;4687;0036236156;4100;9;01i

I don’t take Soul Reaping mainly because I only use DS to flash Enfeebling Blood and to use the fear and tainted shackles.

In addition, as you can see this build is all about Conditions.

-Jasper Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

I play a necromantic corruption necromancer (corrupter’s fervor):
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-38c3-0-sHFE0z3VI-K0;9;4896;0037257058;4Xw0;3F-03F-036i
Soldier’s gear
Rune of the lich
Sigil of frailty and sigil of peril for axe+focus
Sigil of leeching and water for dagger+warhorn

This build has:
-high sustain from life stealing
-lots of condition mitigation
-good single target damage
-lots of CC
-decent mobility for a necromancer
-a good amount of boon hate

This is mostly for sPvP, I feel in dungeons you would probably wanna run a more damage focused build that uses death nova.

Here’s the beauty of the build:
-Axe+focus applies a lot of vulnerability which keeps corruptor’s fervor up and allows your minions to deal more damage. It also helps lock down enemy boons as you can remove up to 5 at once (spinal shivers+unholy feast+spiteful spirit)
-Unholy martyr draws conditions off of minions, which means that you constantly trade conditions with your minions, generating a LOT of life force. This makes necromantic corruption+unholy martyr a life force battery! Even if all your minions die, you still can generate that life force from allies.
-Vampiric aura works on minions, so you still get the maximum effect even if there are no players around. This also still heals you along with the regular vampiric trait.
-Last rites gives you plenty of healing power, so you don’t need to invest in healing power to make the siphoning strong.
-Since you get a free unholy feast from entering death shroud and protection from leaving death shroud, flashing shroud is a viable option, and since you generate a lot of life force in death shroud, staying in it is also a good option, giving you freedom to choose based on the situation.
-Mark of evasion alone gives you enough bleeding to proc blood bond by itself thanks to the condition duration from your runes of the lich. Even then, if the jagged horror that spawns from you lands a blow, you are also very likely to get the proc from only one dodge, letting you use your dodge aggressively in some situations.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard