Laidri trial

Laidri trial

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phantom.6395

Phantom.6395

Hi there! I would like to present to you a quick way to make Laidri on the first phase. This is not my original build, but I think it might be useful to many people that continue to match the arena.

“Life siphon build” : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNBHbDbkkmWarpxoG+bTULITP95WITEIyOjA-TBCBABKt/Qlq/cmSQsU+BwJAgiHAQe6FC4gAQKgy1VB-e

This build is a simple way to kill Laidri. The runes in the armor are not mandatory, but useful.

Laidri trial

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Show some pride and don’t use lifesteal .Do it the old fashoned way by dispelling her death shroud. It’s quite easy to beat Liadri as a necro without the crutch.

EverythingOP

Laidri trial

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Oh is it one of those “not really immune” mobs you can siphon down, like old Guild Claimers in WvW? Seems like that would make the fight harder and take longer…. unless you just mean a siphon build after you remove the shield?

Really just being able to remove the cripple and weakness is all you need to get through stage 2, and my goodness is it easier without that stupid dome around the board.

Laidri trial

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Siphon works through shields and semi invulns. They fixed it for wvw because of abuse with lifesteal and binding blades etc. But it remains an intended mechanic for everything else. So you can basically lifesteal liadri to death in phase 1 and you can do the same to mai trin. http://youtu.be/H-5f4wDgWgE

Having good sustain and condi cleanse is pretty important for phase 2 if you arent abusing lifesteal or if you are going for 8 orb.

Laidri trial

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I can’t imagine it would be intended? It seems like it would be more a side effect of how their immune but not really immune buff is working more than anything.

In either case based on that video it seem to take longer that way…. and you still have the risk of being pulled into an orb…. I don’t know that it is really that much easier.

Laidri trial

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phantom.6395

Phantom.6395

Here you are!

According to me this is an easier way, because you do not need to bother yourself the boss.

In the second phase of the boss requires slowing down, which makes it difficult to avoid the pitfalls, and the damage is not so small compared to me from the boss

Laidri trial

in Necromancer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Here you are!

According to me this is an easier way, because you do not need to bother yourself the boss.

In the second phase of the boss requires slowing down, which makes it difficult to avoid the pitfalls, and the damage is not so small compared to me from the boss

Yey guys the blood magic traitline wasn’t as useless as we all thought it was!

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Laidri trial

in Necromancer

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I beat liadri this way with 5 seconds on the clock. (I went with lifesteal after 50+ tries failing to pick up the orbs..lag was really noticeable in this fight. )

Time wise it can be VERY tight. If you do want to do it this way. (I dont know if its an exploit or not, the fact anet has said nothing about it, leads me to think that it isnt, it apparently was possible this way last year too.)

Precision oil and lifesteal food really really helps. Have your precision above 50%, the higher the better, mine was at 51%. With all weapons having vamp. runes/sigils.

Laidri trial

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I tried to do it this way last year, and wasn’t able to do more than 80% damage before dying.

This year, the addition of the lifesteal healing signet, and the changes that let axe 1 kill liadris pull-orb really help.

Axe/Warhorn – scepter/Warhorn with vamp sigil on the main hands, and leeching sigil for the swap-lifesteal. Vampiric runes. All of these are cheap,

4-2-2-6 with wells giving lifesteal, vampiric and vampiric precision, ground targeted wells, protection from wells and axe mastery.

Lifesteal food (candied dragon rolls) is a must, food is your main source of lifesteal, precision oil helps. Dire gear (even green dire gear) or any main stat precision gear is the best.

If you have any of the cash shop movement speed items, now is the time to use them

Best of luck.

Edit: I just watch the above video. The guy is making it harder on himself by usung well of blood to life leech instead of vampiric signet. Vampiric signet activation offers far more leeching.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

(edited by nekretaal.6485)

Laidri trial

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

IMO you should go 0/6/0/4/4. The traits you need are:

• 6 in curses for the precision (Fury upon DS is really important as well)
  • II, V in Blood for the leeching
  • VIII in Soul Reaping so you can flash for fury every 7 seconds.
  • You can leave every other trait blank.

Also, I think it’s better not to use wells.. you don’t want to waste your lifesteal procs (those that have recharge) on Liadri’s minions by accident. Use only Axe #1 and Axe #2 for the whole fight as they are single target and fast attack.

For weapons: Axe/anything with sigils of Leeching and Blood. Swap for Leeching procs at every opportunity.

As for skills: you don’t need any… but Signet of the Locust gives you an advantage.

(Finding/creating builds like this really brings me back to GW1 and the ENORMOUS fun I had creating builds to farm specific areas. Too bad almost all of this has been lost in GW2.)

(edited by Lord Kuru.3685)

Laidri trial

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

You cant waste lifesteal procs, theres no icd.

Laidri trial

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

You cant waste lifesteal procs, theres no icd.

the food has one.

EverythingOP

Laidri trial

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Oh thats what he meant. Hmm well procing that on a clone doesnt justify not taking wells. Traited wells can proc 3 lifesteals per tick.

Laidri trial

in Necromancer

Lord Kuru.3685

Oh thats what he meant. Hmm well procing that on a clone doesnt justify not taking wells. Traited wells can proc 3 lifesteals per tick.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear.. I mean on the sigil of blood and the food for the recharge. These two and sigil of leeching give a large percentage of your damage — so I think making sure they don’t proc on a clone is important…. maybe I’m wrong and I’m underestimating well damage?

(edited by Lord Kuru.3685)

Laidri trial

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Well it would be a factor to consider. But its not very hard to place your wells and kite the clones in such a way that you can avoid this issue most of the time.

And from what ive gathered lifestealing her to death runs you very close to the clock so I wouldnt be too comfortable missing out on the burst lifesteal from wells.

Laidri trial

in Necromancer

Lord Kuru.3685

Well it would be a factor to consider. But its not very hard to place your wells and kite the clones in such a way that you can avoid this issue most of the time.

And from what ive gathered lifestealing her to death runs you very close to the clock so I wouldnt be too comfortable missing out on the burst lifesteal from wells.

Pure lifesteal will get her, I believe, in 2:20 to 2:30 minutes — I believe that’s pretty a pretty comfortable time (not sure what the limit is exactly… 3 mins?)

You’d have to do a bit of math, but I’m guessing that’s long enough that you’ll critical hit (over all) very close to your average critical chance. So I think this would be a very consistent time (as long as you hit Axe 2, DS, and swap weapons whenever available).

In fact, knowing how long lifesteal takes probably give us a good estimate for Liadri’s health.

As for wells … you’re right kiting effectively will remove the worry of wells hitting the clone — in which case, it’s gotta be faster.

…In any case, I think it’s kinda cool you can kill her with such an autopilot build.

Laidri trial

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

I’ve never fought this boss before so I was unaware of her mechanics. I quickly put together this build and got her on the third try. It probably would have been the first had I realized you were using axe3 to kill those orbs that pull you. I didn’t use the runes, but everything else was the same. Thanks for this, it helped me get my ill gotten gains. :P

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Laidri trial

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Wells are perfectly easy to finish her with.

I can’t imagine it would be intended? It seems like it would be more a side effect of how their immune but not really immune buff is working more than anything.

In either case based on that video it seem to take longer that way…. and you still have the risk of being pulled into an orb…. I don’t know that it is really that much easier.

It has been said by anet as fine. It is a really, really easy way to win the fight. Orbs are very easily dealt with (axe 3 clears them instantly), Well of Darkness mops up unwanted visions, and the rest of the fight is just pressing buttons on CD>

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Laidri trial

in Necromancer

Posted by: SunRoamer.5103

SunRoamer.5103

Actually, I don’t like this build since it’s really quite gear dependant. I tried it with subpar equipment, and I would barely get her down to 80% maybe. Besides being gear dependant, you will need runes/sigils that, at least now, are totally useless in pretty much any other aspect of the game.

I got her down by kiting her with DS in the First Phase, and then as soon as the third orb hit her, I would throw down all staff marks at my own position, activate Shadow Walk and Lich Form and then just keep on blasting her with my 1 while strafing in circles.

It might be slightly more difficult to survive at first (especially if you start the second phase with really low health), but at least you can do it with crappy gear and without consumables (I don’t know why, but I really really hate consumables, especially in Online Games).