Leeto V - POWAAAA

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Leeto.1570

Leeto.1570

Hey guys, with start of season 2 i recorded few roaming clips and decided to make 5th roaming movie.
Pretty much similar to my old videos just this time i use power and not condi spec.
Hope you enjoy it as much as i enjoyed making it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1OJIWrTnlg

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

was waiting for you to bring your spvp build to WvW..
nice!

Also wondering if you have footage vs a hambow roamer?

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Leeto.1570

I think there should be some clip of hambow there, i dont really pay much attention to clips just put what i have and what i think looks cool.
Maybe its cause there are so many of them in pvp and im used to them but hambow really doesnt feel problematic to me.
You got condi transfers to get rid of pindown, mobility to kite him, 2 stunbreaks and hammer is one of slowest and easiest to dodge weapons.

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

It looked cool alright

Yeah, my issue is with lowest settings in wvw not showing animations much so basicly i read the opponents buffs to fight and watch for combos in your video

I got to practice this build in pvp and it’s great fun, even if you are outnumbered you still can down most people.
i was wondering what runes you use, is it speed like in pvp?

I am running runes of the ogre atm because i still had them on my armor (and who knows what april 15th brings.)

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

What runes do you use in wvw?

Im still unsure about what I will be using. At the moment ive just been using my pve armour (berserker with scholar runes) and its been fine.

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Leeto.1570

I use traveler runes, because i thought that there is no speed runes in PVE like there is no traveler runes in PVP speed runes would be much cheaper…
Well next patch i will probobly switching my PVP speed runes for traveler runes too.

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: ykon.8214

ykon.8214

Shame on you killing rangers . Nice vid btw.

Venom Lilith , Necromancer , SFR

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I just knew it were travelers runes! XD

i’ll start saving, im really enjoying the build, way better then conditions since everyone knows how to handle those now.

E.A.D.

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I personally almost never see Hambow Warriors in WvW. I don’t think it’s nearly mobile enough for people to want to grab it in most cases, but maybe that just happens to be how the servers I play against have landed. Other groups might be different.

Fun vid, Leeto. Are you running full Zerk, or do you have some Cavalier in there for that vid?

EDIT – The more I think about it, the more I really want to try running double-dagger instead of dagger+focus. I lose the potential Focus #4 burst and the boon clear, but I think the weakness and additional condi drop/blind could be worth it. I might even feel better about dropping Plague Signet for some more mobility. Will have to dabble.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

(edited by Cogbyrn.7283)

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Over.2137

Over.2137

Will absolutly try something like this after the patch,
awesome clips

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

I personally almost never see Hambow Warriors in WvW. I don’t think it’s nearly mobile enough for people to want to grab it in most cases, but maybe that just happens to be how the servers I play against have landed. Other groups might be different.

Fun vid, Leeto. Are you running full Zerk, or do you have some Cavalier in there for that vid?

EDIT – The more I think about it, the more I really want to try running double-dagger instead of dagger+focus. I lose the potential Focus #4 burst and the boon clear, but I think the weakness and additional condi drop/blind could be worth it. I might even feel better about dropping Plague Signet for some more mobility. Will have to dabble.

Stop thinking about it, dager/dager looks like a baws, nuff said

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

love the video as usual man, top stuff!

bumped into Leeto a few times in WvW, he’s always mid stomp when I see him.

Very good power necro ^^

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

Really enjoyed this video, was long but not boring at all. Very good!

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pautik.9751

Pautik.9751

Could you post the build? Maybe it’s elsewhere, then please link. New to forum so my searchiness is awkward!

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Leeto.1570

My build – http://ru.gw2skills.net/editor/?vQAQNAW4Yjc0UebxN+1webCB6xugLgYUhjh6h7wOfIA-TgAA2CoIYSxkjJDTSmsMB
It would probably be closest to “original” version just i use traveler not speed runes.

@Cog
Well seems not, i got 2 pieces knight, 3 pieces rampager and everything else is berserker.
But dont follow me on PVE gears, i never get best stats just something thats cheap and works for me.
Thats why i have rampager gear too, cause dont have money to change them and can use if i need to switch back to condi ^^

Glad you guys liked it, i know myself that its a bit too long, wanted to keep it under 10 min but ye it just turned out like this in the end

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I do wish they would fix minion behavior and AI.

So many times i found myself watching my golem pick flowers while I’m trying to knock someone down..
also the teleport of flesh golem seems a little off at times..

E.A.D.

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^ Aren’t they fixing AI coming patch or was that only for ranger pets? Or am I dreaming?

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: nehkz.2304

nehkz.2304

I didn’t realise that power was at all viable for roaming. I’m going to have to try this out some time.

Lenses – Engineer

Random Dodgers [rD] – http://rdguild.com

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Very nice video, but wouldn’t Close to Death be better for a Deathly Perception build?

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I’m using close to death too atm.
it’s hard to find solo roamers on our server.. usually people hold hands so it works well if you want to get one of them down quick to stand a chance to deal with the other.

E.A.D.

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

Haha, CtD vs. Dhuumfire was argued in his original sPvP thread. If you consider that Dhuumfire can proc above 50% health, the potential damage it does even with a power build is still strong.

That being said, numbers in WvW are a lot higher IIRC, which creates a much more fast-paced situation. For a roaming build, I found Dhuumfire to be a bit lackluster, which CtD can really help give you the kick you need to down someone more quickly sub-50%. In sPvP though, I may just use Dhuumfire.

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Leeto.1570

If CtD works for you better then just use it, but for me personally dhuumfire is better, with build that doesnt use wells its roughly same dmg, for example CtD would incrase my 3500 lifeblasts by 700, so i would need to cast around 3-4 lifeblasts to get same dmg that dhuumfire provides in one proc.
For every person who disagrees on my dhuumfire choice i have 2 people whining in sPVP that i use it on power build and that it kills them cause they cant avoid it like my direct damage, and the amount of thiefs who die to my burn while trying to run away is too kitten high for me to consider dropping it.
After todays patch ill see if i have to change something, but pretty sure that i wont use CtD, EVER.

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

There are certain situations where a CtD LB + Spinal Shivers from Chill of Death will finish someone in 1 hit instead of requiring 2. I’m still sort of on the fence though about whether or not I want to roll with Dhuumfire or CtD.

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

They both have their advantages and disadvantages in wvw. I dont like the random nature of dhuumfire and if im fighting multiple opponents CtD is going to be better. Plus they could cleanse it.

I suspect its not going to be worth it to take dhuumfire after the patch. But it doesnt concern me as I always run CtD anyway.

Im probably going to start using 30/30/0/0/10 power with the new curses grandmaster for wvw roaming. Should be some pretty nasty burst if your oponent stacks those boons. Dark path to strip, then proc spinal shivers. Gonna have some nice boon control and power burst on squishier targets.

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drensky.9567

Drensky.9567

Having watched your video made me try to run and use your build. While i do feel that dhuumfire helps in overall dps, it is easily countered by cleanses. However, if dhuumfire procs and their cleanses had all been used up it just does high dps. I’m not decided as to which trait is better but using dhuumfire on a power build seems ok for me.

I use 30/25/0/0/15 as a roaming build in wvw using full zerks, dagger/warhorn staff. My utilities are WoS/Wurm/SW. Main key for this build is to use warhorn 4, then dagger 3, move in DS, cast DS 5, move out of DS, cast WoS, then dagger away. Problem with that combo is that those classes which utilizes porting can escape from the burst.

Trying out your build it felt more like the brunt of the damage comes from using LB and that remaining in DS for a while is key to it. I did like the fact that i’m surviving more by using your build over mine and i’m able to sustain my lifeforce easily with your build. It’s just that i kind of miss flashing ds in out. Very nice build and video. =)

Drensky – Neckromancer

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Leeto.1570

A cool guy called Infinitas Erratum took “interview” with me for hes guilds community spotlight section, check it out, very cool guild from what i can tell. ^^
http://www.snaffs.com/
http://www.snaffs.com/#!through-the-looking-glass/c21g6

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

nice, so no changes except sigils and runes?
hmm..

E.A.D.

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

air/hydromancy on both?

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Awesome gameplay!!

Noob question: How do you aim behind you while running away?

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

LoS = line of sight . it means no object can be between you and target, like you cant fire arrows through wall

Facing = looking in that direction. like you cant fire arrows backwards, even if theres nothing between you and guy following you. note that each skill has its own “cone” in front which it need to hit

You can only place targetable aoes behind you, like staff marks and dagger#5.
fear ds#3 and epidemic need line of sight but not facing.
DS#4and #5 are point-blank AoE, which hit anything in the radius around u, with or without target
Dagger#2 needs a target and facing to start chanel, but the chanel wont break if u lose facing, aka walk behind. The axe#2 chanel does however break if target is not in front of u
All other skills, you can start cast with target but without in range or facing, but at end when skill hits, you must be in range and looking to him. example dagger#3. you target some1 when youre at 900, start casting 1s, and you ust need to get into 600 at end or skill will miss.

Hope it helps

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Awesome gameplay!!

Noob question: How do you aim behind you while running away?

You can enable “Free Camera” (I think it’s called that?) in the options so it doesn’t reset behind your character when you move.

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Leeto.1570

To look behind yourself you can use “Free Camera” but i do it by binding “Look Behind” under “Camera” keybinds, at start of game there was no free camera mode so i got used to doing it with keybind ^^

Btw another advantage that dagger have over axe is that if you instantly dodge axe nr2 then its does no damage and gives no life force, if you dodge dagger 2 then it still continues dmging and giving hp after the dodge roll is over.

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Sweet, thank you

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: nicolas.9045

nicolas.9045

Hi Leeto,
Can you describe your amor’s stats and trinkets?

I used to run a similar build but with less efficiency, so i’m interested in yours.

Thx

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Leeto.1570

My PVE gear is not maximized you can see stats at start of movie, basicly berserker trinkets.
Overall its just 40% crit chance 1200 toughness and everything else on maximizing dmg power+ferocity.
After patch im busy with tpvp so havent had much time for roaming, when i settle on my tpvp build then i will look what adjustements i can make to my WvW build/stats.

Leeto V - POWAAAA

in Necromancer

Posted by: nicolas.9045

nicolas.9045

Thx for the reply. i didn’t see your gear at the beginning of the video.