Lets spitball some PvP ideas

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

We know necromancers characteristically are probably the slowest class in game in terms of movement. That kind of rules them out for any sort of +1 roaming build in SPvP.

BUT. If you had to make a +1 roaming build if your life depended on it, how would you do it? I’ve always been in favor of trying to make spectral walk great again, it kinda seems like perma swiftness with warhorn and spectral walk for some delicious plaguelands dumping might have legs.

Discuss?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

spectral walk, centaur runes, flesh wurm etc.

You wouldn’t want to do this however since running into a roaming thief by yourself is +5 points for your enemy. just stick with team.

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

You wouldn’t want to do this however since running into a roaming thief by yourself is +5 points for your enemy. just stick with team.

Yeah, but doesn’t that make you sad?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

Yeah, but doesn’t that make you sad?

Makes me a bit unhappy with how the dev team have pigeon-held classes to fit a single role in the game as well as assume some RPS position in the chain.

They’ve tried to manipulate the classes with such a grip to fit some system they want. This is a mistake.

Richard Garfield said something along the lines of how the players should control the way a game is played; not the other way around. (paraphrasing; I don’t know the exact quote)

Since Anet thinks otherwise, their pvp scene will remain mediocre.

(edited by TheDevice.2751)

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

I miss the days of flash necros. With the buffs to spiteful spirit and the updated sigils, they mightve actually been some place good.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

I play max mobility power reaper builds.

Soul Reaping traits are mandatory for 7 second shroud CD, 5 second Death’s Charge CD and 25% movement speed in shroud. (I guess everybody already knows the cancel Death’s Charge cast at 90% trick for smoother movement.)

YSIM! and Blighters Boon -> YAAW! out of combat LF generation helps to secure that you are always able to enter shroud for mobility.

Warhorn (swiftness) is part of every build I use. Alternatively utilities like Locust Signet or Spectral Walk could be used but blocking a utility slot for one of these underwhelming skills hurts – I try to avoid that.

(edited by KrHome.1920)

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

We know necromancers characteristically are probably the slowest class in game in terms of movement. That kind of rules them out for any sort of +1 roaming build in SPvP.

I disagree.

If you see an opportunity to +1, just do it.
Of course you need more time to get there than a thief but that doesn’t mean you can’t or shouldn’t rotate to outnumber certain fights. In fact, necros with their corrupts can end some fights a lot faster than all other classes.

As for the “get as much mobility skills/traits/runes/… as possible”: complete waste.
You’re sacrificing your strength in actual combat just so you can save a few seconds. Basically, you try to get into fights faster which you’re more likely to lose because of that.

Soul Reaping traits are mandatory for 7 second shroud CD

I see a lot of people run Speed of Shadows recently. The only way this is a reasonable pick is when you don’t use a staff. However, if you do have a staff, dropping unblockable marks for -3 sec Shroud cooldown is insane.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

I think that this can offer good +1 while not being useless in team fights.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

BUT. If you had to make a +1 roaming build if your life depended on it, how would you do it?

F12, delete necromancer, create new character, select thief.

Why not buy a new character slot?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tick.1605

Tick.1605

Lil Ticklers Necro PvP Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBoe48h7tEhzal3sPEepIIg

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Those are some great plays. Really like when you disengaged when getting swiftness for some side decaps!