Leveling up a Necro

Leveling up a Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

Been leveling my Necromancer (at lvl 45 now). Been investigating different possibilities of what I could run. Really a lot harder then I thought. So the following build is something I’ve found. Idk if it is effective or just plain trash but it looked interesting to me, So I wanted to get a second opinion about it.

The Build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAnYWjMap7ZbGb07JEIFvXvEp4YCGqHrT68hA-jQDBoeERjEEKakFgEBAJfFRjtMsIasqaDRWxAT9C1cWR1gGwiG2fATGA/xA-e

What I’ve found out is someone said they was using a build similar to this (changes runes from Divinity to Traveler). I believe it is a tank(ish) build for PvE and WvW. Personally just going to use such a build for open world PvE and while zerging around in WvW with my guild (no fractals or dungeons). So let the “You’re a noob/idiot” comments begin.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Leveling up a Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: SweetCream.8051

SweetCream.8051

Tbh the build looks fine, my only question is: Why take signet might over axe recharge? It seems to be a Power/DS build, with high crit dmg and 100% crit in DS taking axe mastery means there’s no change in damage between staff and axe lifeblasts.

Leveling up a Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

That build would be more suited to power based damage than tanking. You could make it tanky with toughness gear I suppose.

If you are going to be running wvw I recommend using warhorn on your offhand, great skills for movement, AE cripple, and an interrupt.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Leveling up a Necro

in Necromancer

kamedin.4698

I am not really sure which type of build but found it here on the forums. I could switch traits and weapons and stuff around but I wasn’t sure in that regard as well as which type of equipment. If it is more of a power build should i invest into zerker type gear and not celestial like in the link?

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Leveling up a Necro

in Necromancer

Stx.4857

If you want to use it in wvw I would go with knights gear (toughness/power/prec) and slot berserker jewels in the armor and accessories so you have decent crit damage and some extra power.

That is a great balanced setup for defense/offense.

Leveling up a Necro

in Necromancer

kamedin.4698

Okay, I took Stx suggestion and got the following if i understood right.

Updated Build http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAnYWjMap7ZbGb07JEIFvXvEp4YCGqHrT68hA-jwCBYLERjEEKakFgEBAJQFRjtNoIasqFYKXER1WzS1G0BxfATGA/xA-e

maybe we could get a few more opinions about it. Still have dagger but can switch for warhorn if needed. Was also thinking of traveler runes mostly for the extra movement speed but that is just me.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Leveling up a Necro

in Necromancer

Stx.4857

Sorry, last post from me, but this is more what I mean’t. High armor, high crit chance, decent power/crit damage. Use wells to burst/strip boons. Gain life on crits from food really helps survival.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNBHhZakRrSPbTTjePhApYXqlIFHzyQ9YdgnPE-jgCBYgCiYLJjgQRjwAkIAIBqIastBFRjVXDTdiIq2bgIqWIAzjBA-e

Leveling up a Necro

in Necromancer

kamedin.4698

Oooh okay. That looks like a pretty nice build to me. I main engi so I’m not as well versed in the other professions but I think this could really go well with my play style. Btw Thank you Stx and everyone else for the advice and such

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD