Liadri was not tested with a necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

it’s so much up to luck how you get the orb spawns and when you get hit by cripple

i’ve got her down to 10% few times just waiting for lucky run…

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in Necromancer

Posted by: Myrkr.5803

Myrkr.5803

Beat Liadri on my Necromancer, power build, no endurance foods/buffs. While it is easy to make an error on this fight. The AoE patterns are set – it isn’t luck based. There are not enough orbs to waste all of our endurance. That said the fight is amazingly challenging, so don’t give up if it takes you a bunch of tries. It took me a long time to get the pattern down.

The things that helped me when I beat her was dodging LESS. If you watch the Shadow AoE pattern on the first phase, you shouldn’t have to dodge at all.

In the bottom ring with Norn Ringmaster (I am uncertain if the pattern is different in each arena, but over three different days/overflows the pattern in that arena was the same.):

Phase 1: Deathshroud to limit her Auto-Attack damage as much as you can.

-Be in a Party and Target Liadri
-Run towards orb, Axe 3 as you get close.

-Run just past first light pool towards 1st Vision. Shadow AoE will hit behind with its edge at the light pool
-Kite back across light pool. Shadow AoE will hit other side, with the edge right on the pool again. (Vision should hit pool so use first crystal)

-Second Light pool will spawn at the edge of the ring, target second vision, go a bit towards but NOT all the way. Shadow AoE will hit with the light pool in middle.

-When AoE is over run to pool, spectral grasp Vision to pool. Hit with crystal 2.

-Next light pool should be up and to the left of the Second (if you had back to the ring edge)

-If you were fast enough on spectral grasp run towards boss a bit and a Vision will be in line with the next pool and walk right into it.

Orb very soon the majority of my attempts I was able to enter phase 2 and Lich form before pull- (if you get a bad pull Axe 3 and Dodge inside the AoE. Dodge in the 2nd Second, should make the AoE miss, this should be the first time you have to dodge.)

-Hit with 3rd Crystal

Phase 2:

Movement
-The Shadow AoEs hit in an hour glass pattern and NEVER hit the same section twice. Stick close-ish to the middle (less travel amount)
-If you get crippled/pulled Dodge inside the AoE, then Circle kite in that section while AoE hits the alternate section.
-If its ever safe to – kite through the light wells to clear up some adds.
You shouldn’t have to dodge at all while Lich/Spectral walk is up. So if at all possible save the dodges for when you don’t have stability

Rotation
-Hit your Target Key for Liadri, Pop Spectral Walk + Lich, Auto-Attack her down till lich ends.
-Depending on build/stats she should be 0~15% remaining life. For me I finished her off with Axe ~ Death Shroud Auto Crits (Deathly Precision)

Hopefully the description of the pattern helps Again it is very difficult ~ I failed many many (most of them in my last section of attempts I had her to the sub 10% mark, which is crushing lol) times before I got the pattern down solid!

Myrkr DraugrNecromancer of the Tarnished Coast

Suggestion for Necromancers Lack of Block/Vigor/Evade/Invulnerable

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

Yes… obtaining the 8 orb achievement on this boss is the most difficult on necromancer, since the mechanics of the fight clearly indicates you need a form of invulnerable or stealth.

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

I succeeded with 8 orbs using condimancer and snaring/fearing the boss when she got too close. To guarantee i wont have cripple i used staff4,dagger4, healing, plague signet and remove cond on DS trait. I got the p2 pattern down and kited visions near pools till I an opening to throw a crystal. Spectral grasp helps alot.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Doc.1679

Doc.1679

Beat Liadri on my Necromancer, power build, no endurance foods/buffs. While it is easy to make an error on this fight. The AoE patterns are set – it isn’t luck based. There are not enough orbs to waste all of our endurance. That said the fight is amazingly challenging, so don’t give up if it takes you a bunch of tries. It took me a long time to get the pattern down.

The things that helped me when I beat her was dodging LESS. If you watch the Shadow AoE pattern on the first phase, you shouldn’t have to dodge at all.

In the bottom ring with Norn Ringmaster (I am uncertain if the pattern is different in each arena, but over three different days/overflows the pattern in that arena was the same.):

Phase 1: Deathshroud to limit her Auto-Attack damage as much as you can.

-Be in a Party and Target Liadri
-Run towards orb, Axe 3 as you get close.

-Run just past first light pool towards 1st Vision. Shadow AoE will hit behind with its edge at the light pool
-Kite back across light pool. Shadow AoE will hit other side, with the edge right on the pool again. (Vision should hit pool so use first crystal)

-Second Light pool will spawn at the edge of the ring, target second vision, go a bit towards but NOT all the way. Shadow AoE will hit with the light pool in middle.

-When AoE is over run to pool, spectral grasp Vision to pool. Hit with crystal 2.

-Next light pool should be up and to the left of the Second (if you had back to the ring edge)

-If you were fast enough on spectral grasp run towards boss a bit and a Vision will be in line with the next pool and walk right into it.

Orb very soon the majority of my attempts I was able to enter phase 2 and Lich form before pull- (if you get a bad pull Axe 3 and Dodge inside the AoE. Dodge in the 2nd Second, should make the AoE miss, this should be the first time you have to dodge.)

-Hit with 3rd Crystal

Phase 2:

Movement
-The Shadow AoEs hit in an hour glass pattern and NEVER hit the same section twice. Stick close-ish to the middle (less travel amount)
-If you get crippled/pulled Dodge inside the AoE, then Circle kite in that section while AoE hits the alternate section.
-If its ever safe to – kite through the light wells to clear up some adds.
You shouldn’t have to dodge at all while Lich/Spectral walk is up. So if at all possible save the dodges for when you don’t have stability

Rotation
-Hit your Target Key for Liadri, Pop Spectral Walk + Lich, Auto-Attack her down till lich ends.
-Depending on build/stats she should be 0~15% remaining life. For me I finished her off with Axe ~ Death Shroud Auto Crits (Deathly Precision)

Hopefully the description of the pattern helps Again it is very difficult ~ I failed many many (most of them in my last section of attempts I had her to the sub 10% mark, which is crushing lol) times before I got the pattern down solid!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Doc.1679

Doc.1679

Excellent advice here. After failing many times in my normal condition build, I went knights/beserker power build and owned this really fast thanks to lich form. The boss seriously dies in less than15 seconds after popping lich in p2.

The only real difference I did was use dagger2, focus regen, and staff regen spam to maintain health in p1. I had a harder time seeing the AOE markings on the floor while in DS.

Overall I was please with the fight using my necro…finally a little challenge in this game. Sadly this fight posed no challenge with my guardian.

in Necromancer

Posted by: LoRdZeRo.5364

LoRdZeRo.5364

1- I was on Power build, it took me +100 tickets (Staff / Axe-horn + Lich) to get it

2- Conditonmancer can be easier than Powermancer

Now the real challenge for necro is 8 orbs

its not impossible, but its clear that this challange is unforgiveness for necros since we have no access to any useful defensive tools that means we should be able to do it with zero mistakes

for me i’m just satisfied and feel good that i really achieve such challenge with endurance food + Swiftness boon only, while i see other classes have tons of helpful tools and still complaining & QQ

long live necro, nothing can break your spirit !

Mohawy [TEQ] – “I’m Death Incarnate !”
The Empty Quarter || Desolation
http://teqonline.com

(edited by LoRdZeRo.5364)

in Necromancer

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

After failing with powermance I swapped to rabid gear with dhuumfire and signet of spite + blood is power + signet of locust + lich form

p1 is pretty clear with any build just walk in right place and pull visions there

p2 daze with horn + signet of spite + blood is power → start kiting use lich form when it seems you need stability, use DS to shrug off damage and add torment etc. it’s really easy since you can just focus on aoe pattern most of the time. Add a bit of condis with scepter and more blood is power if first one didn’t kill her already.

now once i completed this with condibuild i am sure i could do it also with powermancer now when i know what happens there in p2 but condibuild is much easier for sure.

also make sure you disable post processing in graphics settings. it removes that annoying blur/blind effect completely. they shouldn’t have put it in there at first place imho. it’s even more annoying while playing necro since you don’t have any block/evade if you get stuck in middle of aoe by accident or whatever random multiplier.

i am sure 8 orbs is doable once you figure out how p2 works but i am not really going to torment myself with it. there’s more fun stuff to do elsewhere.

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in Necromancer

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

This fight was so amazing! I want every boss to be as hard as liadri! Omg! I love it! After 26 tries, I finally killed liadri on my necromancer. I didn’t need any vigor/aegis/invunerability to be able to do it. Every necromancers in this thread who was able to complete the achievment should be proud of him

in Necromancer

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

I’ve tried 150 times now and still haven’t killed her.
It doesn’t help that I have some R/G colorblindness and gotta play at low Gamma to see the circles but even with that I seriously tip my hat to you guys.

I did get her down to 10% once or twice, but yeah. Tricky boss.
I’m not gonna give up, though!

Benight[Edge]

(edited by LastDay.3524)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

It doesn’t help that I have some R/G colorblindness and gotta play at low Gamma to see the circles but even with that I seriously tip my hat to you guys.

Ya, it sucks Someone made a thread about colod blind and liadri. Here’s the link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/jubilee/Color-blind-people-and-Liadri/first#post2607027

in Necromancer

LastDay.3524

Ya, it sucks Someone made a thread about colod blind and liadri. Here’s the link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/jubilee/Color-blind-people-and-Liadri/first#post2607027

Oh! Didn’t know that. Thank you.

Benight[Edge]

in Necromancer

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

This fight was so amazing! I want every boss to be as hard as liadri! Omg! I love it! After 26 tries, I finally killed liadri on my necromancer. I didn’t need any vigor/aegis/invunerability to be able to do it. Every necromancers in this thread who was able to complete the achievment should be proud of him

I should be proud of spending a decades worth supply of luck?
No.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tup.1803

Tup.1803

I just came here to say, I tried probably easily over 50 times combined on Warrior, Mesmer, and Ele. Finally decided after seeing this thread, to hell with these peeps, I’m pretty comfortable with Necro I’m sure it’s not that hard. 1st attempt I got her to about 30%. 4th attempt I believe it was I killed her. Definitely doable on Necro. The only problem you run into is the lack of endurance regen on a Necro. So of course I used the 40% endurance food. Either way, sure it was a pain, but I did it in under 5 tries, so I feel that the people complaining clearly don’t know Necro that well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Once you get the pattern down you hardly need to dodge. Other classes just have a bit more safety when they screw up and waste their dodges. Having lich for phase 2 is such an advantage though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Naracion.6597

Naracion.6597

Thanks for all the information guys…..after many many many tries, I was able to do this with the info you all posted.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Feranor.2053

Feranor.2053

Took me five tries. The first two tries the red circles were invisible, so I just died. Third try a spawning orb instantly pulled me into the AoE and I died again. Fourth try I got stuck trying to loot the crystal thingy, dead again. Fifth try worked fine.

0/30/20/0/20 with Exotic Rabid gear.

Liadri as a Ranger sucks far more since your pet is useless.

Wie willst du aufrecht leben, wenn du weißt, dass es nicht lohnt?
— ASP, “Tiefenrausch”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

I just came here to say, I tried probably easily over 50 times combined on Warrior, Mesmer, and Ele. Finally decided after seeing this thread, to hell with these peeps, I’m pretty comfortable with Necro I’m sure it’s not that hard. 1st attempt I got her to about 30%. 4th attempt I believe it was I killed her. Definitely doable on Necro. The only problem you run into is the lack of endurance regen on a Necro. So of course I used the 40% endurance food. Either way, sure it was a pain, but I did it in under 5 tries, so I feel that the people complaining clearly don’t know Necro that well.

No, you did it in under 55 tries. You already knew this fight very well when you tried with your necro.

But, of course it’s doable, even though I couldn’t beat it yet. But I only tried like 15 times. I’ll try a few times more when I get the chance.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spanny.9256

Spanny.9256

i’ve read about halfway down the first page and i just had to laugh. some people need to get over the flaws of a pvt or zerker necro; it isnt for liadri lemme tell you that much. you basically dont have the mobility to survive phase 2 with a zerker (or even phase 1 for that matter), and you dont have the dps to down her in phase 2 with a pvt necro with ds.

in my opinion, conditions is one of the few ways of actually beating liadri, i mean ur not gonna get that many hits in on her anyway, why not let conditions do the work for you while you evade/kite/safespot out of the aoes.
i have a lv 80 thief/mesmer/warrior; i couldnt get anywhere close to beating her with them since i use my necro for pve more, and it took me a lot of tries, but with rabid gear i managed to bleed her to death with conditionmancer, and the kiting wasnt even that hard, remember you do have multiple condition transfers as a conditionmancer if she tries to cripple you. and staying out of the ways of the aoes is a breeze if ur not stuck in the freaking outskirts of the dome; staying in the middle=less running to safespot=more endurance when you absolutely need it.

little bit of a rant but i hope this helps some people since i managed to get her with a necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Spanny.9256

Spanny.9256

Liadri as a Ranger sucks far more since your pet is useless.

^ oh and this x 1000
how do you think rangers feel atm :p

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ormiga.6183

Ormiga.6183

And here I was thinking beating Liadri with a Necromancer is like cheating lol. Once I got the hang of 1st phase and how to do it properly 2nd phase was a joke. I even told a guy that was running it with me all I needed was 30secs in 2nd phase and it would be over. That poor thief that was running it with me was still trying and I had already gotten all the gauntlet achievements including Light up the Darkness.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

more then obvious , and the fact that what , only 6/100 testers actually beat the fight wasnt enough to say lower the difficulty to a less BS level? XD

Well do you want more difficult content or not?
It’s a good thing when not everyone can do everything easily. This isn’t a single player RPG where one of the design goals is for each and every player to see the entirety of the game in full.

(edit)
Plus, Liadri without gambits isn’t really difficult, 1-5 tries to understand her fight, then 2-3 to get the hang of it and kill her. Assuming you’re decked out, if not, well, she isn’t the easiest of fights so getting decked out might be a good starting point.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gutbuster.8745

Gutbuster.8745

Right I posted this on the Queens Jubilee forums but I think it makes sense to add it here as well. Bear in mind it’s slightly out of context.

One of the things I’ve missed in GW2 is challenging PvE content, there’s just not been any, until Liadri.

When I finally beat her, for the first time since WoW I got that feeling you get when you finally down a raid boss after wiping on it for hours on end. It was amazing and exactly what I needed to re-spark my interest in GW2. I do hope they’ll include more challenging PvE content in the future.

I honestly don’t understand the people calling for nerfs, just because it’s there doesn’t mean you’re entitled to it. Drawing a parallel to WoW (and similar games) which was/is based on challenging PvE content, if your guild was unable to complete raid boss X you either had to adjust, change your strategy and keep at it or you accept that fact that you can’t do it. People didn’t go to the forums demanding nerfs because their particular guild was unable to complete it.

The enjoyment is in the challenge and the sense of accomplishment you felt when you finally did beat the boss.

I’ve many times compared GW2 PvE to The Sims, there’s no goal in it, no sense of achievement and it’s mindlessly boring (that’s my opinion of the sims).

If Anet want to attract and keep PvE players they need more content like this, but also on a much larger scale.

Another point I will bring up is that I have said since release of GW2 that when the camera angles is the hardest part of any content be it JPs, gauntlet whatever then that is a sign of failed design. The challenge should be in the encounter, boss moves planning your strategy NOT that your camera randomly gets zoomed up to your characters back.

I’ll also say this, beating Liadri on my Necro gave an extra sense of accomplishment because it was doable without access Vigor, Blocks, Invulns and Teleports (I’m not counting Flesh Wurm).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

People arent calling for nerfs, people are calling for design fixes. The arena design isn’t good, and it makes the fights harder than they should be.

For example spotting the meat on that ground was painful, spotting the AOE from liadri was painful, spotting the red circles in Deadeye was painful. Moving around with a camera angle stuck close to you was painful… etc…

Those aren’t nerfs, but fixes.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gutbuster.8745

Gutbuster.8745

Well, a lot of people are calling for nerfs ie reducing the difficulty of Liadri because for some reason some people in GW2 consider themselves entitled to everything that is released and if they can’t complete/beat something it has to be nerfed to the point where it is doable by a monkey.

That said, I for sure agree with things like camera angles (as you can see from my last point in my self quoted text) also bug fixes like circles not appearing and even the idea of a red circle on a rusty meshy background.

in Necromancer

LastDay.3524

Well I did finally beat her after 182 tries.
I’m a bit ashamed of how long it took me, but also proud of not giving up like many others did.
This will certainly be one of the things I will still think about 10 years from now!

I should have probably done it on my Ele or Thief but I got obsessed with doing it with my Necro.

I think my absolutely worst mistake was not learning anything from my errors.
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity!

Instead of trying to get through P1 as fast as possible try doing it a bit slower.
I rushed, constantly causing me to be at 20% health in the beginning of P2, if I made it there at all.

To make Liadri’s auto-spam miss you don’t stand too close to her and stop now and then to make her projectile pass right in front of you.
They are about as slow as our own silly Staff projectiles.

Speaking of which spamming auto-attack with a Staff on Liadri can make a huge difference in your survivability.
The Life Force from it allows you to use Death Shroud for when you need to stand in a Vortex or pass near Liadri.

Try to remember the pattern of the AoE attacks.
If you don’t have colorblindness like me you can probably see the rings without messing with your gamma and waving your “camera” around as much as I had to.
Especially if you have a good monitor and run on a higher resolution or have widescreen.

P2’s pattern is basically two cones of AoEs spinning around the area.
If you always go stand in a spot that got hit by AoE just a second ago you’ll be safe; the next “wave” of AoE will hit an another location before hitting your spot again.

I personally beat her on a Hybrid build, used Scepter+Focus and Terror+Dhuumfire.
Spammed Marks behind me to make Liadri run through them while I kept running away.
I also used Signet of Spite on her.

At one point I entered Lich Form and took a large chunk of her health.
I kept running and and Torment or Bleed finished her off.

Stuff I noticed due to trying it so many times:
Using Blind on a clone before it hits you causes it to “Miss” it’s suicide attack.
Handy with Well of Darkness when picking up a crystal.
Could be useful in P2, maybe? I didn’t try.

Spectral Grasp works on Clones.
Funny, but I didn’t find it as useful as I would have hoped.

You don’t necessarily need AoE for the orbs.
If you manage to target one the Scepter auto and Doom both work.
They have like 1-10 health, something very low.
They can be rallied off of. (More useful for Ele due to Mist Form and fast auto)

Anyway I agree, it’s much easier on a Profession with Blocks and Invul since those work on the clones and AoE for some reason…

Benight[Edge]

in Necromancer

Posted by: BondageBill.4021

BondageBill.4021

Spent 20ish tickets learning this fight last night on my Necro without beating it. Switched to my Mesmer tonight and killed her on my first try.

Necros could really use Vigor; it made this fight surprisingly easy. Also, this fight just reconfirmed how much the DS overflow nerf hurts. Every other class has at least one way to eat one of her AoEs without dying.

Sometimes it’s good to have multiple 80s

“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

It’s not easy since there isn’t anything we can use to block her 1shot AOEs, but she can certainly be beaten by a necro. I did it on my necro.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: ManiumX.4735

ManiumX.4735

I know no one really cares about the Queen’s Gauntlet stuff anymore now that Clockwork Chaos is in full swing. But I just wanted to chime in to say after about 200 tries I beat Liadri with a Power Necro.

in Necromancer

Posted by: PaulDousen.2619

PaulDousen.2619

Today im going for necro in Arena 1 time. im kill all champions in 15 or 20 minets 0 wipes. Necromancer most powerful against liadri and others. =/
http://youtu.be/JpEGqeHb7Jo

(edited by PaulDousen.2619)