Lich form for underwater? discuss

in Necromancer

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

or is any1 okay with Lich form usable only on land?
Or if u’d like a Lich form for underwater, what would the skills be?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

we defo need something else, having just Plague form is rather annoying and when using Golem having it die and go on cool down for a FULL 60 seconds is rather annoying as well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

All elites that are capable of use underwater (as in, don’t have some obvious reason for not being useable underwater) should be capable of underwater use. This should be true across every class.

Flesh Golem and Lich essentially just need underwater rigging and animations and they’d be fine. But that is valuable resources going to something that, let’s be honest, isn’t really all that important in game.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Well it SHOULD be important. Having to change my elite right before i got into water just so it isn’t killed and i a stuck with a 60second cool down is rather annoying, not to mention Plague under water SUCKS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I’ve been always wondering why does Necro feel more powerful underwater. Despite not having many utilities, both our weapon skklls and death shroud are amazingly powerful underwater. The only downside is maybe a little lack of LF generation, but..

You know, as a power spec underwater you’re nearly unstoppable. Your Life Blast hits for less, but instead like machine gun without aftercast + transfers condition which makes you almost immune to them, your Fear is AoE cone and longer, which is more fun, you have poison underwater, you can support your allies by cleansing..
Your trident #5 hits like a truck, from 8 up to 12k (my highest crit on max might+vun)AoE + chills, you have escape ability, high mobility and your spear has 2 amazing pulls + decent damage…

Heck, why can’t we have those on land?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Atm every spell wich needs an Aoe marker to cast is disabled underwater, for obvious mechanic design flaw (exception made for signet of undeath, can’t say why), so Lich would need a good redesign in skills.
Anyway what do we have now it’s pretty decent, and underwater fights aren’t that frequent, so it’s not a priority.

PS:

underwater rigging

The rig it’s the skeleton of the model, made for animation purposes; you’re mistaking it with “underwater animations”, usually once you have a rig for a model you can use it for whatever animation, so actually in a Video Game they don’t have to make another rig for underwater animations.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Yes, my bad, wrong terminology :P

Well it SHOULD be important. Having to change my elite right before i got into water just so it isn’t killed and i a stuck with a 60second cool down is rather annoying, not to mention Plague under water SUCKS.

No, it really shouldn’t be. In general, people spend maybe 5% of their overall gameplay actually fighting underwater. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was even less than that. I only play underwater when its one of the underwater dungeons or fractals, and that’s really it. Why use a fairly significant amount of developer resources to make all the elites work underwater, when it is such an unimportant part of the game.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Not having golem underwater is a pain because it goes on cooldown if you wade in deep enough. Just stop it already.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

The golem CD is annoying, I agree, but not crippling so I can deal with it.

All professions have just one good UW elite available, if I remember correctly. It is not as if Necromancer is seriously handicapped compared to other professions.

I would rather have substantially more UW content than worry over elite skills. A bright and colorful coral reef adventure, a detailed pirate ghost area, a Quaggan metropolis, and an UW dragon would be really fun. Right now, we have mostly fish and undead with minimal story.

Lost Shore could have been so much more but is not. Why can we not fight Karka under water? I really like the UW Fractal for the variety it brings to the game but it still uses Krait and jelly fish and is path-driven.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

The good news for people who want UW content is that one of the dragons is underwater, so there is a very good chance that expansions to the game will add significant UW content with that.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i don’t even use elites underwater. that just shows you how incredibly strong we are underwater. now if this only translated to non-aquatic combat.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Rym.1469

It may be very funny and refreshing when Bubbles expansion will come out and make UW combat necessary. I want to see people not skipping UW aspect when making a build. Heck, we might see builds built around underwater maybe

in Necromancer

Posted by: Plexxing.2978

Plexxing.2978

Ever have to battle a ranger underwater? Better keep up that poison and fear its pet away when you have the ranger downed.

in Necromancer

Rym.1469

Power builds can kill downed ranger solo without any problem. Just poison him, fear pet and keep spamming #1 DS. It higly overkills pet healing

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xomic.5792

Xomic.5792

Flesh golem should turn into a zombie voodoo shark when it hits the water.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Flesh golem should turn into a zombie voodoo shark when it hits the water.

You named two things that are completely not Necro. We don’t raise zombies, nor do we use voodoo.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Nah, I just want to teach my Flesh Golem how to swim, dang it! >.<