Lich overnerf

Lich overnerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Seiishizo.7162

Seiishizo.7162

First i thought they would only remove the power so the skills would still do same dmg…

THIS IS NOT THE CASE!

about 45% crit chance is also removed…..
Why is this overnerfed so bad?

33% nerf in duration
about 50-60% nerf in dmg (if you do the combo correct)

for what reason? It was OP? if it would have been that OP then why where there 0 lich at both ToL tournements?

this is just bullcrap-.-

I am/was the only necro using lich at high tier pvp and it got nerfed for the reason of noobs getting stomped by it because they cant dodge….. yay thank you noobs….

I deal more dmg without lich than with… what kind of elite is that? for 180 seconds cooldown. very nice joke arenanet

Owner and creator of http://www.gw2score.com
Btw: It’s Sey-Shi-zo ^.^

Lich overnerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Hmm… definitely nothing about crit chance nerf in the patch notes, you should probably post in the bugs forum as it could be unintentional. It could also be a stealth-nerf, of course, I don’t know, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt so I can rage with that little bit extra indignation afterwards. :p

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

Lich overnerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

Lich is sooooooooooooooooooooooo bad now, its unbelievable. Dagger autos do more than lich now. Precision nerfed as well as power nerfed. Damage coefficients are not enough to make up for the loss of damage.

It’s still not a PVE buff. Its just so bad. If you want to nerf lich this bad you need to increase the toughness/vitality and/or decrease CD.

Lich overnerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Feels bad to be a Necro.

I want pre-patch back.

Meanwhile, I will level my Mesmer and enjoy it’s astonishing mastery of #1.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Lich overnerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I keep saying this, our class was more fun to play at launch.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Lich overnerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bellamy.9860

Bellamy.9860

So i’ve tested the unintended lich changes and it seems like the precision loss is simply a tooltip error.
I’ve gone with soldier + zero traits for 4% base crit and tested by auto attacking the invincible golems in hotm.
Doing 2 test runs, each 20 seconds lich auto attacking, i’ve done 6 and 7 crits out of the 17 hits i was able to do in the shortened lich form.
That is roughly equal to 35% / 41% crit. If you convert it to precision at a rate of 21 prec per crit% and subtract the 4% base value you get 651 / 777 precision, which is on average 714 precision.
gw2skills.net listed old prec-gain as 916 so i’d say this could have to do with low sample size but lich still seems to buff precision, even so the stat page doesn’t reflect it.

Lich overnerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yeah afaik its suffering from the same display bug as plagueform. You simply cant see the bonus toughness/precision. But its still there.

The duration decrease with no cooldown decrease makes it an overnerf though.

Lich overnerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cam Ron.4170

Cam Ron.4170

i was plannin on using flesh golem after seeing skillbar that my fire+air+spinal shivers proc wouldnt instagib someone in lich, but nope, charge randomly got hit harder

Lich overnerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: duckideva.6358

duckideva.6358

I used lich last night in Dry Top, and my damage was significantly, dramatically decreased. I’m not a numbers person, so I don’t have comparative analysis data, but (round numbers I’m making up), I used to consistently see damage over 2k in lich, and last night not a single hit, in a fight that lasted long enough for me to use lich 3x, not a single hit was more than 800.

Nothing in my build/runes/weapons has changed between Monday and today. (Except for, ya know, losing most of the utility of my elite skills.)

Cruella LaDucki: Have corpses, will travel
Torwynd Trueheart: Here I come to save the day!
NSP – Quak Resident Duchess L’Orange

Lich overnerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Your build probably doesnt have a lot of power or ferocity? The change made lich weak for non power based builds. But slightly stronger for berserker builds.

Lich overnerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Yeah I really am not sure the word “overnerf” is appropriate. The zerker necros are still getting similar amounts of damage. Sure, they no longer have the chance for lucky air/sigil procs to one-shot people with, but that was ridiculous anyway. But I used to use Lich when wvw zerging and getting 5k crits in Knights gear – that stuff is just not on! You can’t have a guy in Knights gear getting those kinds of numbers out of an aoe piercing skill! I don’t care if it’s on a 180" cooldown, it’s silly!

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

Lich overnerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

I keep saying this, our class was more fun to play at launch.

of course it was. because the hivemind that is the warrior playerbase hadn’t discovered the hambow.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.