Life Force Draining?

Life Force Draining?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

It’s been awhile since I played my Necro, but I’ve noticed that my life force pool keeps draining when switching zones.

For instance I was at 80% in Frostgorge. After going through Heart of the Mists and back to Lion’s Arch, I had 58%. When I went to The Grove, I had 41%, then after porting to Malchor’s Leap, I had 31%.

I thought that it was supposed to keep whatever amount you have until you actually use Death Shroud? Is this normal?

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Life Force Draining?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

It’s been awhile since I played my Necro, but I’ve noticed that my life force pool keeps draining when switching zones.

For instance I was at 80% in Frostgorge. After going through Heart of the Mists and back to Lion’s Arch, I had 58%. When I went to The Grove, I had 41%, then after porting to Malchor’s Leap, I had 31%.

I thought that it was supposed to keep whatever amount you have until you actually use Death Shroud? Is this normal?

This is due to the down level mechanic. The max amount of life force you have is tied to vitality, so when you get down leveled, your maximum life force (as a numerical value) goes down. When you go from an area where you were down leveled to an area where your level can go back to normal, like Lion’s Arch, your maximum life force (as a numerical value) amount is higher. This makes it seem like you’re losing life force, but in reality the amount of life force (hidden number, but represented as a bar) you had never changed. Just the maximum amount changed. Also keep in mind that if you have max life force at level 80, then go to a down leveled area, you’re actually losing life force (as a numerical value). It should be noted that life force generation and degeneration is percent based though. Life force will always generate and degenerate at the same speed regardless of level. The amount of damage you can take in life force goes up with vitality and level though.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

Life Force Draining?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Ah, thanks.

Though wouldn’t Lion’s Arch -> The Grove stay the same, as you stay the max level you are, and don’t get downscaled?

Forgot about WvWvW bonus, nevermind.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Life Force Draining?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Ah, thanks.

Though wouldn’t Lion’s Arch -> The Grove stay the same, as you stay the max level you are, and don’t get downscaled?

That might have something to do with how the server loads stats. In other MMOs, I know that when you go from one zone to another, the game first loads your base stats without gear, and then adds on to your stats from gear in that order. This was a huge problem in Ultima Online as every time you crossed a server line you’d lose whatever health/mana/stamina from items you had. This is only speculation though. I have no idea how the servers in GW2 handle this.

Forgot about WvWvW bonus, nevermind.

Yeah, thats probably it.

Stuff goes here.