Life Leeching and Reaper Shroud

in Necromancer

Posted by: posthumecaver.6473

posthumecaver.6473

Hi guys,

I was curious about after the latest Specialization and Blood Magic changes which lets you gain HP under death shroud what will happen with Dark Field + Whirl Combo during the Reaper Shroud.

If I see correctly from the below video ‘Life Leech’ combo does not heal under RS.

https://youtu.be/X0kAzYxLmBM?t=1132

So I am asking myself what is the purpose of giving us whirl to RS considering we only have access to Dark and Poison fields and even you make a skillful play, it will have no effect.

When I first see the Whirl, I thought this is the answer that our defenses are not scaling against 1vsN.

If I am right I am quite disappointed.

(edited by posthumecaver.6473)

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

RS whirl can be used with our new ice field or a poison field to stack conds quite nicely.

With 25 might stacks I was getting absurd poison damage from the 11 poison plus poison bolts stack; alternatively, in an ice field it can be used to spam chills around you for soft CC against many players.

I don’t think it’s meant for 1vN as much as it’s meant to apply either poison or chill and poison to our enemies.

Look, I get it’s not able to heal us in DS, but it does give us a potent finisher which increases the options open to us. We should be very grateful for this.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

posthumecaver.6473

What is the biggest problem of Necro, developer thinks the Shroud is such an awesome mechanism so they don’t give us any escape, invul, evades, stealths, anything.

For 1vs1, they might be right but for 1vsN Shroud doesn’t worth a crap and there comes the Zerk the the Necro.

I was hoping that ANet will give us a skillful counter play, for 1vs1 Life Leech heal in RS is irrelevant but against 1vsN it could be so awesome and might force the other side to consider not to zerk Necro..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

yea the scaleing 1vX of Shroud is Necros biggest design flaw and what generally makes us the Target. If they figured out the Scaleing Necro would be imho upto par in most aspects of the game.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

I agree, the healing from dark bolts should work in shroud. Similarly, leaping through a dark field shouldn’t give blind because it is most relevant to necro with 5 dark fields and a low cd leap that applies blind. It needs to be replaced with an aura or even just a large leeching hit (500 or more leeched). The poison bolts are fine, but the leap could work a little better as you currently have to walk through your opponent to get it to apply the weakness. The chill field is epicly useful and I really hope they turn one of the wells or nightfall into another chill field.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

SupahSpankeh.8452

Hang on – we have insane sustain from Blighters Boon and 2 new finishers/1 new combo field in RS alone (never mind GS finishers/fields) and there are people whining that we don’t also get life leech in RS?

My word. Let’s see how this pans out – as a power necro with might stacks and whirl finisher in poison field I got 3.5k ticks from poison alone. Life leech isn’t required here, we’re currently monstrous as it is.

in Necromancer

posthumecaver.6473

Hang on – we have insane sustain from Blighters Boon and 2 new finishers/1 new combo field in RS alone (never mind GS finishers/fields) and there are people whining that we don’t also get life leech in RS?

My word. Let’s see how this pans out – as a power necro with might stacks and whirl finisher in poison field I got 3.5k ticks from poison alone. Life leech isn’t required here, we’re currently monstrous as it is.

Blighters Boon, 130 heal during gaining boons.

You know we are no boon machines, there is only one line which is giving reliably boons and that is spite, gain might if you hit enemy below %50 HP. If this condition is not mate, then nothing.

If you think there is another reliable way for Necro gain boons then tell us.

Even there is, in my current build I have heals from life stealing, heals from wells, unholy sanctiory and I am tanky like hell but even with this setup with m 14K DS HP pool, if I drop my wells, with all the other healing, before the DS expired I can’t even heal myself for 5K HP.

Well I don’t call that unbelievable sustain and definitely 130 HP heal per tick from Blighters Boon is not also an unbelievable sustain and definitely not scales from the number of enemies like Life Leeching.

The thing is we need ways to gain HP under DS/RS if this is our main mechanic and Life Leeching in RS is an elegant way to do that.

At least that should do something like supporting allies, now there are lots of Life Leeching messages on the GUI but they are not doing anything for anybody.

in Necromancer

SupahSpankeh.8452

In WvW or sPVP with allies, it makes us a monster. That’s when we struggle – in focus situations. The boonspam from guards etc mean we can start PvP with enough LF for shroud.

I’ve had 20% LF from just being near 2 guards in sPvP, and while this doesn’t help solo 1v1, we don’t struggle as a class in 1v1 anyway. Much less so in RS. Plus we can take the HP/LF from being near friendlies into 1v1 matches.

We need to see how BB pans out. It might not be much when it’s just from our own might stacking, but it adds up fast when you’re near other players.

We’re fine in 1v1 and have been given the tools to be useful in NvN. We can survive for a while in 1vN, and in melee 1vN encounters our cleave combined with BB/LF on hit makes us formidable.

Let’s wait and see. I have e a feeling BB will be mandatory for WvW/sPvP, and very powerful outside it with even just might stacking.

in Necromancer

posthumecaver.6473

In WvW or sPVP with allies, it makes us a monster. That’s when we struggle – in focus situations. The boonspam from guards etc mean we can start PvP with enough LF for shroud.

I’ve had 20% LF from just being near 2 guards in sPvP, and while this doesn’t help solo 1v1, we don’t struggle as a class in 1v1 anyway. Much less so in RS. Plus we can take the HP/LF from being near friendlies into 1v1 matches.

We need to see how BB pans out. It might not be much when it’s just from our own might stacking, but it adds up fast when you’re near other players.

We’re fine in 1v1 and have been given the tools to be useful in NvN. We can survive for a while in 1vN, and in melee 1vN encounters our cleave combined with BB/LF on hit makes us formidable.

Let’s wait and see. I have e a feeling BB will be mandatory for WvW/sPvP, and very powerful outside it with even just might stacking.

As I said my concern is about 1vsN, I know that we can deal with all other situations.

All other classes in the in 1vsN situation can disengage somehow, inv, stealth, mobility, etc but Necro can’t. So instead of being canon fodder for Zerging we should have an option in RS/DS which scales against 1vsN.

I am not expecting we will kill 3 persons alone, but at least we should be able stall them by sustain until help comes, instead of stun locked and zerged..

As you said Life Leeching does this outside of RS/DS why it should not do it in RS/DS.

in Necromancer

SupahSpankeh.8452

Life leeching won’t give us the escape options.

What it will do is completely break NvN team fights.

We suck at escaping. I can live with that given how outrageous we are in 1v1 and NvN.

in Necromancer

SupahSpankeh.8452

And as to sustain in 1vN, SA with trait is 9s of near invincibility in DS.

in Necromancer

SupahSpankeh.8452

Plus we’ll have a leap on a 6s CD… So we’re nin a better place than we’ve ever been.