Life Siphon on GS

Life Siphon on GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Belarorn.9062

Belarorn.9062

Is it just me or will this not be as good as we would like.. Life Siphon scales rather poorly unless they have changed it and works better with multiple, smaller hits as opposed to slower, larger hits since the increased damage of the hit does not change the effect of the Life Siphon. Yes you get more AoE but I still believe your attack speed is going to be too slow to make a difference and thus Life Siphon on GS will be even worse then dagger.

Really I cant see this trait being used esp with the Chill gives might trait(although will chill damaging and might stacks cele necro….)

I would much rather have the bonus life siphon be given to Reapers Shroud or just an entirely different change to the GS trait. UNLESS (very unlikely) they boost life siphon scaling or…..??

TL : DR. Attacks on GS too slow to make Life Siphon decent

Life Siphon on GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

The 3 skill hits 18 times. Vampiric, GS siphon, vampiric precision all will proc and the new siphon aura.

That’s between 1-3k heal on a 10 s cool down as well as all the extra damage. Also traits from weapons should carry over onto RS as they do now with axe training and death shroud. Means RS #4 can do a Max of 55 hits. So it does work out as worth it. Besides RS #1 is almost as fast as the dagger auto but hits mor targets so heels are the same/ better.

Life Siphon on GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Death spiral is the only skill that will take significant advantage of the lifesteal but at best it will be on par with guardian’s zealous blade trait healwise, damagewise…

Life Siphon on GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

It really depends on if it counts as hitting with the GS while in reaper’s shroud. Those are all fast hitting, multi target abilities, and if the extra life siphon still procs, it will be pretty nice to have.

Life Siphon on GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

It really depends on if it counts as hitting with the GS while in reaper’s shroud. Those are all fast hitting, multi target abilities, and if the extra life siphon still procs, it will be pretty nice to have.

Actually this makes a lot of sense and it would make RS a nice OH kitten if you also have blood magic and a full life force bar since you’d be refilling your hp while LF depletes unlike that worthless US.

Life Siphon on GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Considering Dagger is the best main hand weapon for lifesteal, its alright if the GS is worse. For all we know, it could be second best, which would be fine with me. All I know is one of my necros is taking gs+d/wh to steal all the lives

Fishsticks

Life Siphon on GS

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

with its better target limit and #3 skill as well GS wont be far behind at all. Especially if you take the skill that allows it to also leach extra hp.

Life Siphon on GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

The 3 skill hits 18 times.

It hits 6 times with a target cap of 3 and a range of 170. You will rarely be able to hit 3 people standing that close to each other in PvP unless they’re all ressing someone. Maybe in WvW you’ll be able to hit 3 people standing on top of each other reliably but who the kitten gives a kitten about WvW.

Life Siphon on GS

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

The 3 skill hits 18 times.

It hits 6 times with a target cap of 3 and a range of 170. You will rarely be able to hit 3 people standing that close to each other in PvP unless they’re all ressing someone. Maybe in WvW you’ll be able to hit 3 people standing on top of each other reliably but who the kitten gives a kitten about WvW.

The point is the potential is there. Even with 1 target it will still heal you for around 1.2k and do 1.2k damage. making a 2.4k hp swing is pretty big for just leeching.

Life Siphon on GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

The slow mosword…

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Life Siphon on GS

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

The point is the potential is there. Even with 1 target it will still heal you for around 1.2k and do 1.2k damage. making a 2.4k hp swing is pretty big for just leeching.

Where the hell are you getting those numbers from. The base life siphon is 49 healing. With Bloodthirst its 59. With Healing Power you’re looking at maybe 70. Vampiric is even lower. So you’d get about 420 from the skill, another 200 from Vampiric trait. And if we assume you could somehow get your hands on some Zealot gear in PvP to make use of Vampiric Precision you’re looking at around 800, 900 tops.

Life Siphon on GS

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Where the hell are you getting those numbers from. The base life siphon is 49 healing. With Bloodthirst its 59. With Healing Power you’re looking at maybe 70. Vampiric is even lower. So you’d get about 420 from the skill, another 200 from Vampiric trait. And if we assume you could somehow get your hands on some Zealot gear in PvP to make use of Vampiric Precision you’re looking at around 800, 900 tops.

Maybe closer to 1k actually i just assumed a little extra due to the possibility of the vamp aura that further continues to increase of our siphon. Its still a lot for 1 skill.

Life Siphon on GS

in Necromancer

Aktium.9506

Maybe closer to 1k actually i just assumed a little extra due to the possibility of the vamp aura that further continues to increase of our siphon. Its still a lot for 1 skill.

Those numbers were if you could somehow get Zealot stats. Without being able to trigger Vampiric Precision you’d only get 650~

And the new aura isn’t a part of the skill.

Life Siphon on GS

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

Those numbers were if you could somehow get Zealot stats. Without being able to trigger Vampiric Precision you’d only get 650~

And the new aura isn’t a part of the skill.

You dont need them, just blood thirst. Just vampiric, bloodthirst and vamp precision without any healing power at all is still 150+ a hit you just need to crit. Without any crits yeah would be 600.

Life Siphon on GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: KashimKudal.2961

KashimKudal.2961

Although some people will flame me for saying this. I see the potential for the leeching of GS in big fights. I already use a life siphon build I made for myself in fractals that does tons of dps while healing me so I don’t particularly need all the support the rest of my group does in high level fractals. Say for instance that the leeching effect of your GS persisted if you went into Knight Shroud (KS). That would be x11 hits an auto chain, if you’re a blood magic spec that turns into x22 hits- if all those hits were crits somehow that turns into x33 hits. If you were to drop ANY well which is a dark field with Vampiric Rituals this further scales. So for instance lets use WoS which lasts 6s and pulses every second hitting five targets. This well alone without crits has the potential to hit x30 along with your KS auto totaling 63 hits and of course if that well were to crit every pulse…well you see my point. This doesn’t take into account that instead of using the KS-AA (Knight Shroud Auto Attack) you could simply use KS#4 Soul Spiral which is a whirling finisher on a dark field which causes leeching bolts. So simply dropping ANY necro well before going into KS and using one skill would yield MUCH healing keeping in mind that with the new trait rework for blood magic “Blood To Power” you’ll receive an additional 300 healing power to increase all the healing you’d take since leeching bolt in some small way is effected by healing power as well. BTW if we check the tooltip for Soul Spiral if I’m interpreting it correctly is x11 hits across 5 players. 11 * 5 = 55 ( If all those are crits) it turns into 55 * 2 = 110 + (Potential WoS w/some crits) escalating that to 110 +30~60 = 140~170 hits [ This doesn’t include Vampiric Aura or Leeching Bolts][Also I’m not sure if Leeching Bolts is an on hit or piercing effect – either way that’s a lot of bolts healing for 170 per bolt.] All speculation however, but the only way that gets better is somehow using Chill on blind and Vuln on chill to really ramp up your KS #4 damage while healing.

Lord Abbadon – Human Necromancer – Anvil Rock
“Abaddon DOES NOT LOSE DANCE CONTESTS!!!”

(edited by KashimKudal.2961)

Life Siphon on GS

in Necromancer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

not so good on GS…..very good on reaper DS

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Life Siphon on GS

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

If you take all the siphon traits you should get just under 150hp per crit. Or 190 with the new leech aura.