Life Transfer bugged?

Life Transfer bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

When in death shroud and you active Life transfer if you run out of death shroud you should stop channeling.
I’ve notice however its has been canceling my life transfer.

Is any1 getting this issue or did anet make this a feature

Life Transfer bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: quBit.6437

quBit.6437

Life Transfer bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

It’s not just life transfer… it’s every Deathshroud skill.
It sucks.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

Life Transfer bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: quBit.6437

quBit.6437

other deathshroud skill were always like that, channels stop when dropping out of deathshroud. however, projectiles still fly and apply their effects and also the #5 skill keeps doing its thing if the cast was completed before leavin deathshroud.

Life Transfer bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Excell.1687

Excell.1687

I’m pretty sure dark path also fizzles if you leave shroud before it connects.

Life Transfer bugged?

in Necromancer

MethaneGas.8357

other deathshroud skill were always like that, channels stop when dropping out of deathshroud. however, projectiles still fly and apply their effects and also the #5 skill keeps doing its thing if the cast was completed before leavin deathshroud.

Nah… Dark path, life blast and Tainted shackles were all cast-able after your deathshroud runs out.
For example… you cast Dark Path and WHILE it’s being channeled your deathshroud runs out, your character will continue casting the spell even though you are not in deathshroud anymore.
Now NONE of the Deathshroud skills will finish if your lifeforce runs out.

YouTube Channel

Life Transfer bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Nah… Dark path, life blast and Tainted shackles were all cast-able after your deathshroud runs out.
For example… you cast Dark Path and WHILE it’s being channeled your deathshroud runs out, your character will continue casting the spell even though you are not in deathshroud anymore.
Now NONE of the Deathshroud skills will finish if your lifeforce runs out.

Incorrect it’s only ds4. You can even squeeze one last lifeblast out even if ds ends. I do it all the time.

Dark path also still connects as long as you shot the projectile. I usually shoot it, drop ds switch to daggers and go to town. was still working for me yesterday.

Editing this because I can only post like once a day, they all seem to work fine for me, I can literally cast another lifeblast outside of ds.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

(edited by NeXeD.3042)

Life Transfer bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Im pretty sure it was mentioned as a patch or bugfix some time ago, to prevent the traited transfusion + running out of DS = self heal

probably the patch that also made the 10s CD absolute, cancelling the run out → burst gain LF → enter DS again

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Life Transfer bugged?

in Necromancer

MethaneGas.8357

Incorrect it’s only ds4. You can even squeeze one last lifeblast out even if ds ends. I do it all the time.

Dark path also still connects as long as you shot the projectile. I usually shoot it, drop ds switch to daggers and go to town. was still working for me yesterday.

Maybe it works with Life Blast, I dunno.. it does not work with Dark Path and Tainted Shackles, or life transfer.
Sure… Dark Path can hit if you summon the projectile and exit DS, that’s common knowledge but if you are casting the skills and mid-cast DS runs out, they get interrupted. I’ve had it happen to me while casting Dark Path AND Tainted Shackled.. and of course, Life Transfer. I assumed it was the same for Life Blast. I’ll check right now
Edit: just checked in WvW NPCs. Life Blast gets interupted when you cast it and DS runs out.

YouTube Channel

(edited by MethaneGas.8357)

Life Transfer bugged?

in Necromancer

MethaneGas.8357

YouTube Channel

Life Transfer bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

For a very short time Anet actually made a change that interrupted any death shroud skills beng channeled if the user ran out of life force….. but it ended up being a pretty detrimental nerf to the class, and it was later reverted.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-November-4-2014/first#post4552725

“Death Shroud: Reverted a change that caused this effect to incorrectly cancel abilities (such as stomping) when the necromancer’s death shroud runs out.”

Looks like the issue is back.

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

Life Transfer bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

For me when i have a enemy target
Lifeblast fails
dark path fails and cast life blast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS613spOoHw&feature=youtu.be
life transfer fails
tainted shackles fail

Life Transfer bugged?

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Life Transfer bugged?

in Necromancer

MethaneGas.8357

Hmm I’ve had that lifeblast thing happen to me too in one of the clips when I had something targeted.. but I thought it was some kind of glitch. I guess it only works with life blast…. It still interrupts your previous lifeblast and casts an entirely new one though.

As TheBlackLeech said, the interruption is unintended but it sucks that the issue is back yet again…. for the most part.

YouTube Channel