Life siphon in spvp

Life siphon in spvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: dereck.8354

dereck.8354

I am thinking in adding some life siphon for extra survivability.
I may try something like 0/30/20/20/0 or 0/30/0/20/20, in a condition build, probably with staff, scepter/dagger and a carrion amulet.

Does anyone know if it is viable?

I am currently running a terrormancer build, but I feel I could exchange some condition damage for extra survivability and be able to last longer holding a point. Don’t know if this change worth though.

Life siphon in spvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

The siphon traits really don’t mesh with condition builds, it would end up being a poor use of traits. You’re better off taking 2 defensive utilities and improving your positioning than actually traiting for defense.

Life siphon in spvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: dereck.8354

dereck.8354

Actually, I guess I already tried this line in the past, and didn’t like. But you never know with all these changes they do over time. Lol.

Thank you anyway.

Life siphon in spvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warshade.2984

Warshade.2984

What’s with this 30/20 stuff? Did you just get back to the game or something? lol

Life siphon in spvp

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

I don’t think they’re worth it. The healing is marginal even if you invest in serious amounts of healing power (which as a condi build you can’t). Plus you won’t get the benefit of them when you’re in DS, and you’ll be missing out on some very powerful traits you could get in the Death line instead (Greater Marks or Reaper’s Protection). I hate it that some choices are just so clearly superior to others – I would love it if we had some actual scope to personalise our builds, but with necro builds there’s a yawning gulf between the optimal builds and all the rest.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.