Lingering Curse revised

Lingering Curse revised

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Well this sucks. I don’t really know where to start with this. But the 100% duration being applied to JUST scepter skills kinda kills any excitement I had for this, kills multiple builds I had planned. There isn’t going to be a place for Condi necromancers wanting to use Death shroud for longer than a few seconds now considering Dhuumfire is basically just a way so you don’t lose all your damage while being forced into DS. Well, thats a shame too because life blast is so clunky and slow anyway that if you’re stuck in ds, you’re probably dying and you should just abandon the fight.

With this updated change it keeps Dhuumfire useless, prevents Death shroud major DS use, kills any chance at a condi reaper, and keeps allot of our useless skills useless. I’m not even sure why this is a grandmaster anymore when looking at the other GMs from other professions. Sure, its good compared to the old trait system but we have new standards now. And this is just a disappointment.

Personally, I blame the people crying wold about it being too good or too useless. Especially with other professions getting passive 30%, passive 50% without the requirement of a weapon and they attack at almost triple the speed we do and get access to quickness while we’re still super slow. Not only that but getting increased damage of specific conditions. I was okay with all of that because we had the 100% duration. We had it and now its gone.

Good Job. I didn’t want my excitement to be killed today but it looks like its been thoroughly murdered, beaten, bloodied and buried.

Lingering Curse revised

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I think one thing we have to note is we do not know how the removed stats from the traitlines are going to go.

will we lose the +30% condi duration and condi dmg stats that previously came with choosing the trait line?

If we don’t get other methods of gaining that 30%, then suddenly lingering curse becomes very strong, giving us 100% condi duration and 150 condi dmg.
admittedly, the only skill that will really benefit is scepter 1. scepter 2 is unreliable and scepter 3 has no condi.

but still, our scepter 1’s bleed bleed poison is extremely deadly by itself. buffed by this grandmaster trait, we can auto glass cannons to death.

having said that, it all depends on whether or not anet will give us back the lost condi duration and dmg in other ways. if they are lost forever, then this trait becomes very valuable. if not, then this trait really is useless.

I agree with you that dhummfire is pretty much useless on a necromancer. on a reaper however, that is a whole different matter…dhummfire should probably only be chosen if one specializes into a Reaper.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Lingering Curse revised

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Hopefully they swap it with terror so people can take either MoC or PoC with terror and just ignore lingering curse.

Lingering Curse revised

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Hopefully they swap it with terror so people can take either MoC or PoC with terror and just ignore lingering curse.

i dont think u’ll want that if they dont give our condi duration back that we initially had from traits…

LC will become extremely important for u to stack bleeds…

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Lingering Curse revised

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gexim.3289

Gexim.3289

will we lose the +30% condi duration and condi dmg stats that previously came with choosing the trait line?

A part of the lost condition damage got moved into the adapt trait in Curses:

Target the Weak: Your critical hit chance is increased by 2% for each condition on your target. Additionally you gain condition damage equal to 13% of your precision.

And the other part will get onto the raised stats on gear.

As for the 30% duration, we will probably lose this one… Unless they implement a new stat set gear that has duration on it… Hence why they raised LC to 100% imo, please do note that it is BASE duration on scepter skills, so we can add another 100% on top of that… For a 20-20-20 sec bleed-bleed-poison.

Lingering Curse revised

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Well, with single change they’ve killed both Condition Reaper and Condition Necromancer pressure.

Enjoy 3 second burning doing 1/3 current damage on 1,5s cast.

And those amazing condition durations on Scepter. May as well swap to dagger.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Lingering Curse revised

in Necromancer

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

Target the Weak: Your critical hit chance is increased by 2% for each condition on your target. Additionally you gain condition damage equal to 13% of your precision.

As for the 30% duration, we will probably lose this one… Unless they implement a new stat set gear that has duration on it… Hence why they raised LC to 100% imo, please do note that it is BASE duration on scepter skills, so we can add another 100% on top of that… For a 20-20-20 sec bleed-bleed-poison.

They upped the Poison from Scepter #1 to 8 Seconds base. so with LC and another 100% it will sit at 32 Seconds per Stack on your Auto Attack. In PvP you can get at least 24 seconds per Stack.

Lingering Curse revised

in Necromancer

Gexim.3289

They upped the Poison from Scepter #1 to 8 Seconds base. so with LC and another 100% it will sit at 32 Seconds per Stack on your Auto Attack. In PvP you can get at least 24 seconds per Stack.

Putrid Curse is the name of the scepter auto attack 3rd chain… It got upped from 4 -> 5:
“Putrid Curse: Increased the poison duration from 4 seconds to 5 seconds.”

You are mistaking it with Death Curse, which is the underwated downed skill:
“Death Curse: Increased the poison duration from 6 seconds to 8 seconds.”

EDIT: I don’t think it will be worth it to stack so much posion duration tho, I’m planning in stacking 200% scepter bleed duration since we got way more access to bleeds.

100% base duration on scepter skills
40% from Koi Cake
20% from the new Barbed Precision
45% from Krait Runes

(edited by Gexim.3289)

Lingering Curse revised

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Putrid Curse is the name of the scepter auto attack 3rd chain… It got upped from 4 -> 5:

EDIT: I don’t think it will be worth it to stack so much posion duration tho, I’m planning in stacking 200% scepter bleed duration since we got way more access to bleeds.

40% from Koi Cake
45% from Krait Runes

You can get close other ways too:
100% base increase on scepter
40% from food
20% (bleed) minor
2*10% signet of malice
15% runes of lich or nightmare

That gives 75% to all conditions and 95% to bleed.

The loss of the 30% from traits is really hurting us, i’m still hopeful they put it back somewhere.

Lingering Curse revised

in Necromancer

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

40% from Koi Cake
45% from Krait Runes

40% from food
20% (bleed) minor
2*10% signet of malice

The loss of the 30% from traits is really hurting us, i’m still hopeful they put it back somewhere.

Why do People always Forget Giver’s Weapons and their +20% Condition Duration :-)

Lingering Curse revised

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Same.

I was sort of OK with some of these changes, but the more I’m noticing details the less excited I am.

Lingering Curse revised

in Necromancer

Gexim.3289

40% from Koi Cake
45% from Krait Runes

40% from food
20% (bleed) minor
2*10% signet of malice

Because 2x sigil of malice would mean giving up corruption + bursting which is around 400 condi dmg… Totally not worth it imo. Getting extra duration from sigils is not viable I think, you simple lose out too much for the little you get. Runes are way better to get duration without sacrificing much. Giving up undead runes only nets a 130-150 loss with full rabid.

Another option is: 40% food (koi cake), 10% utility (toxic focusing crystal), 20% trait (barbed precision) and 30% afflicted runes.
This way you just reach 100% bleed , 65% poison duration and 50% general duration.
The downside that the focusing crystals are kitten expensive (around 40s for a 30min buff)

I agree on the 30% trait loss, since I have to give up running undead runes now to make up for that loss. But I doubt they gonna implement it somewhere…

(edited by Gexim.3289)

Lingering Curse revised

in Necromancer

Gexim.3289

40% from Koi Cake
45% from Krait Runes

40% from food
20% (bleed) minor
2*10% signet of malice

Why do People always Forget Giver’s Weapons and their +20% Condition Duration :-)

Giver weapons… Yuck, giving up that load of condition damage for some duration? No thanks, there are much better way to get duration without sacrificing somuch condi dmg.

Lingering Curse revised

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Pretty disappointed, totally planned on using some sort zerk/hybrid reaper s/w gs. Guess that’s not happening now.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Lingering Curse revised

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Pretty disappointed, totally planned on using some sort zerk/hybrid reaper s/w gs. Guess that’s not happening now.

I had those plans too. With this change it isn’t going to happen. Especially considering investing in burn duration is a bad idea on necromancer considering we have a single trait that grants access to it at such a low duration a burn reaper’s shroud option is just going to be sub optimal.

I made so many post about how awesome Condi reaper was going to be and that was all resting on the shoulders of LC. Without that its dead.

Arena net mentioned on how not fun it was to take a trait like LC because it only effected 2 skills well now we’re back to square one. Its not not fun again.

Lingering Curse revised

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Like I’ve been saying 1 month, some of the increased scepter duration should have been baseline.

The bonus 150 condition damage is very boring. The trait shouldn’t exist.

At least random stuff will not get nerfed for non condition users.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.