List your preferred Necro changes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

Just in case a dev ever stops by.

Rules: 3 changes per player, specific to necro (I.e. no changes to condition logic) and keep it balanced and civil.

Mine:

1. Lichform is reduced to 75% of current height. Stupid piercing bolts keep passing over intermediate targets.

2. Flesh wurm is summoned where you are: range is similar to mes portal and blast finisher is at your location when you cast recall

3. Spectral Walk base duration increased to 14s. LF generation halved.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Healing in DS
Invuln
Spectral grasp is now physical protective and less buggy

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

1. Axe Mastery and Dagger Mastery switch places.
2. Spiteful Marks is rolled into Greater Marks to make room for Signet Grandmaster giving 10% ICD reduction x the number of signets equipped and stacks with Signet Mastery.
3. Add a short range 2h land spear with cleave, bleed, blind, torment, and a leap to target.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

1) Siphons boosted by 50% and the trait that boosts siphons removed.
2) Dagger #2 turned into AOE siphon
3) DS has foot in the grave by default

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

ust in case a dev ever stops by.

2. Flesh wurm is summoned where you are: range is similar to mes portal and blast finisher is at your location when you cast recall

Noooo…. Only blast finisher at your location. You do not want to swap positions with it. And you don’t want it summoned at your spot XD
If you swap positions with it it will
a) Die and become useless, increasing the overall cooldown
b) Remain alive and will be in the fray somewhere. Next time you need it to gtfo, it will be in the middle of enemies. You won’t be able to use it as a stun break or as a get-a-way card. If you do. You’ll tele into them and die.

3. Spectral Walk base duration increased to 14s. LF generation halved.

Eh…..
The increased duration could be good but borderline OP. The decreased lifeforce generation would be negligible… I think it’s good as it is….

1) Reverse our Deathshroud cooldown nerf
2) Apply Soul Marks permanently to staff
3) If not ^ , add condition to staff auto attack, like they did to mesmer scepter.

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

1) Parasitic Bond, Parasitic Contagion, Vampiric, Vampiric Precision, Vampiric Master, Vampiric Rituals, and the Regeneration boon operate at full capacity while in death shroud

2) On many utility skills, reduce the cooldown significantly. If part of the effect needs to be lowered to remain balanced, so be it (hint: Signet of the Locust does not need an effect nerf).

3) improvements to non-Consume Conditions healing skills.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Conditions:
- Individual stacks so we can group play out of power specs.
- Don’t have weaker/shorter duration overwrite stronger. (Same with boons)

Pets:
- Minion AI & a ‘come back/stack on me’ button.
- Elite minion that doesn’t die if wet.
- Stop minions counting as players for up scaling.

Death Shroud:
- CD removed on exit DS. (Or let us suck up lifeforce from dead mobs & fix the heal on DS to be useful)
- Heals in DS. (Even if reduced rate)
- Don’t show LifeForce bar as life in party frames.
- Go back to LifeForce %, that crazy number is just pointless.
- Damage scaling off weapon. Can we get it to default to staff equiv or roll offhand dam so staff isn’t the only weap we want equipped while in DS. (Hear Litch dose that)

Siphons:
- Make them work as heals not only useful as extra dam.
- Would love a big long CD, double edged sword type spell, where closer to death you are the better it is, but huge I’m fixed siphon if pulled off. (Something like only heal from sub 10% life, each % being 10% max life so you really try to time it to 1 hit win or loss)

Support / Role in the group:
- Give us something that we do better than others, that’s wanted vs PvE boss types.

- Better combo field/finisher.

- Vigor or some invul/block or etc.

(edited by Bweaty.9187)

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

I made a thread on my changes, but here is the big ones for me:
1. Make the on enter/exit DS traits either activate on a DS skill, or have internal cooldowns (obviously balance them for such). Currently these traits, more than even necro healing, work against the mechanic because they are balanced completely around spamming in and out of DS. This could also provide a chance to give necros group support in the form of boons.

2. Necro self healing in DS, enough has been said to write a novel on this topic.

3. Make elites more interesting, (nerf the auto on lich but strengthen the other skills). Give plague, and tornado for that matter, 5 skills and make all 5 of them useful. Elites should be good across the board for every class.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Deathly_Swarm
Make your kittening projectiles work. in this sped up meta.

So every class has weapon skills cast animation reduction..

WHY the kitten are we stuck with a kittenty long casting condition transfer that fails 90% of the time.

1/4 sec casttime.. if you add animation it’s over 1 second.. on a projectile.. that takes another 2 seconds to reach the target and then fails to hit because the enemy can instantly cast any type of evade invul block w.e.
Are you kittening kidding me.

Play this kittening class for once anet.. kitten .

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

3 changes will not change the landscape for necromancer. They lack too much and are expected to fill this void with death shroud skills.

Area’s of concern;
No blocks
No evade on use skills
No reflection
No leap finishers, so little chance ever of aura armours.
Woefully slow cast times on projectile utilities/axe/focus/staff.
corruption skills cause conditions, so not particularly useful to power builds. Boon removal and corruption should cause X value damage per boon/unique boon. This way they are functional for power/hybrid/condition builds. If you stack 17 might-protection-fury-vigor and corruption hit for 200 per boon would be 4k damage. This is respectable, but not OP. Does weak damage to a few boons, does significant damage against uber stackers.
Move increase movement speed by 15% per dagger to a more friendly line.
Death shroud 4 causes reveal. With 8 professions and 4 of them having access to stealth..do the math.

Actually i give up..this list is just too long.

(edited by CntrlAltDefeat.1465)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

1: Axe base damage increased by 10-15%

2: Axe mastery also increasing axe range by 300

3: #2 dagger and axe skills reduced to 1 & 3/4 second cast time

4: Well of blood duration returned to 10 seconds (I mean really the stealth nerf was just uncalled for)

5: Improved minion AI (having them stand around and look at the sky makes me sad)

6: Corrosive poison cloud & Spectral wall, Make them block projectiles

7: Halve the CD on signet of the locust

8: Give minion actives crit chance based on your own (them having 4% crit chance sucks)

9: Siphoned power, change it so whenever we strike an enemy under 50% we gain 5s might.

10: Reapers Precision, change it to 100% chance

11: Full of life trait. change it to a life steal (say 500 points, reduce Cd to 15 sec)

12: Transfusion trait. Make it a base effect (maybe reduce healing somewhat)

13: Vampiric rituals trait, change it. Make it so whenever you hit an enemy with any skill you siphon health & share it with nearby allies

14: Speed of shadows trait, increase the effect (say 40%)

15: Renewing blast trait (make it detonate in an AOE for healing, say 200-240 units)

Big one here

16: Make life siphons & health steal effects work through death shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Pretty sure Well of Blood was not a stealth nerf, since it was explicitly stated in the patch notes.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lugubras.2365

Lugubras.2365

1° ArenaNet read the desired improvements in this post and applies them by using common sense.

2° ArenaNet makes necromancer class with equal opportunities to the other, putting: Defenses direct, Boon, Combo and maybe rework it as they did with the ranger (cast time, CD, Traits).

3° ArenaNet stops to make changes negligible. “Now you can hit 2 targets with a dagger …. but please”.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lethal Stranger.5093

Lethal Stranger.5093

1. Dark Path back to beta state (ground-targeted teleport), or significantly improve its projectile speed
2. Dagger #2, either make it a health-based life transfer (up to 3 targets) or rework the skill altogether and make it a leap skill somehow
3. Rework the way skills like Deathly Swarm and Ghastly Claws work so you can actually hit targets when they’re standing inside of you, or remove the ridiculous cooldown that occurs when said thing happens.
I know it’s against OP’s rules but;
4. Improve life force gain on scepter

That is all.

Necromancer/Engineer/Elementalist main
Plays every class though :>
The Dynasty Warriors [DW] – Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by Lethal Stranger.5093)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

1. Improving DS by lowering the total life force pool and improving overall life force regeneration.
2. Allowing personal traits to heal through DS.
3. Reduce cooldowns on most utilities.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

1) Give us the attrition we were told we would get. Getting stronger as the fight goes on is all well and good, but useless when other classes can reset the fight when they choose to.

2) Have DS allow for some healing, even if it only works at half power it is better than nothing.

3) Toss up between reducing our cool downs and increasing our projectile speeds, however I would not be upset if we got both.

in Necromancer

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

1. Rework siphons, make them as everyone already suggested (yes, I am lazy)
  2. Rework Lich – rework it’s power on the “auto”. Maybe remove it’s power equivalent now and make it work together with Deathly Perception instead. Make the Auto a 180 cleaving attack for about 150-300 units and make it life-drain whenever it hits. Give Lich some kind of Frost Aura to keep enemies attacking chilled, could be in the place of Chilling Wind (though the knockback is kinda nice). Remove or rework Mark of Horror completely, this is now rubbish, especially since MM builds cannot run Lich. Grim Specter is fine and should stay this way. Lich really needs to stop being a one-trick pony…
  3. Rework Axe, again, many have given a lot of options for this already, so there is not as much need to elaborate now… still lazy
Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

(edited by GoogleBrandon.5073)

in Necromancer

Posted by: DriV.6203

DriV.6203

Able to be healed in DS will be a good start as almost everything is connected and will be impoved then.

Ofc there are milions other problems with necro but all of them must be adjusted accordingly to other classes not to make necro op for another big nerf.
Necro lack a lot of things(invun, vigor, disengage) and all of those missing things are directly related to Death shroud which is a nice mechanic, but only on the paper…

Drivi | Necro Raiders [NR]
Gandara
http://www.necroraiders.net/en/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

1. What is Anet’s definition of attrition
2. What is Anet’s definition of sustain
3. What Necro weapon skills/utilities/traits fit into Anet’s definition of attrition and sustain

4. Necro CDI

in Necromancer

Posted by: Contender.5428

Contender.5428

Just rework the minions. Some ideas could be:
- eliminate cooldown to recast minion when it is killed or at the very least start minion re-cast cooldown on creation rather than death of minion
- significantly reduce cooldown on minion command attack skills
- add life force regen for necro to at least one minion
- change minion debuffing on target to minion buffing for necro and/or group
- add a “come-to-me” command or apply necro dodge/evade to his/her minions
- blood fiend heals apply to minions as well as necro

(edited by Contender.5428)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The three things I desperately want fixed for Necromancer:

1. Please fix the minion pathing AI. I’m so tired of having to stop and wait for my minions to catch up before engaging enemies.

2. There is a recent new bug where if you go down, all your minions die as well. This needs to be fixed. (If it was intentional, then other pet classes like Engi turrets, Mesmer illusions and Ranger pets also need to die when the caster goes down.)

3. This is a more general bug. Fix the 6th rune bonus on several runes so they activate properly on transformation elites. I have the Rune of the Mad King on one armor set and it really bothers me how I basically can’t get any use out of it unless I use Flesh Golem as my elite.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OmegaProject.9831

OmegaProject.9831

Just some Deathshroud tweaks that seem fun to me.

1) Rework of DS. Reduce total HP and improve LF generation across the board. Reduce CD, perhaps. Also siphoning works in DS.

2) Add benefits to the necro for LF outside of DS. So at certain levels of LF, the necro gains siphoning abilities.

• 25% Life Force – Vampiric – Behaves exactly the same as Vampiric trait.
  • 50% Life Force – Vampiric Aura – Siphoning from Vampric heals in an area around the caster (180 radius).
  • 75% Life Force – Ravenous Thirst – Siphon additional health when target foe is below threshold (50%). Does not stack with Vampiric Aura

3) New Blood Master Minor: Vampiric Shroud – Siphon health from nearby foes when entering Deathshroud.

Just some half-baked ideas to shake up DS.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

Dumbfire duration increased to 4 or 5 seconds.
Bleeding added to Life Blast (DS main attack)
All pets regen their health when out of combat.

…my dungeon experiences have been horrible, and I refuse to do them now, so I don’t know what to suggest for group utility stuff.

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

same as last time, same as always, same as I first saw the Necro in Closed Beta: a WORKING LIFE SIPHON

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

1. healing in deathshroud and improved ui
2. blood is power change : works the same except applied bleed to target, 5 stack 8 second
3. signet of locust active change: apply chill, preferabilty aoe, recharge 20-30 second

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

1.healing (or at the very least regen and lifesteal) in death shroud
2.fire the AI-devs and get some people who know how to do their kittening job instead
3.improve lifesteal/give our kitten traits some love

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Man…Remember the time when a dev came into the necro subforum and post something significant.. like.. “yes i am reading all these suggestions made over the last 2 years and i think they are amazing, i am so going to see how to implement them”
yeah.. me neither.

I do like how 2 weeks before the balance update i spammed about interacting in DS. and dev’s jumped on it as a “big change”, this big change took them 30 minutes to create.

Stop balancing necromancer like it’s the day before the big test and you haven’t bought the specific books on the subject yet.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

How about making things work in general? I have mained necro for a long time, so I thought “I’m going to make another and try out some different build(s) on it”. So I got my new necro to 80 and thought “well first I need to map so I’m going to try the good old minion master build”. Well, LOL, silly me. What is the POINT of minions if they just stand there 80% of the time???? Seriously. So, so, so broken I can’t even play this build. At all. So now, after wasting a bunch of time and gold, I will end up playing the exact same build I already have on my first necro. Such a kittening waste/shame.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tryxtr.6295

Tryxtr.6295

I’d love a base range increase on axe skills.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

What they really need to change is the axe. The buffs from last patch was not even close to be enough. Add a splash like fireball or/and range increase.

Sorry for my english.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Axe 1 buff.

Healing in DS from regeneration, food, siphons, and teammates.

Buff to Corrosive Poison cloud (coodown reduction preferred)

Cast time reductions for Focus.

Some sort of group trait like Spotter. Maybe it can give the group life steals when u are in DS or something, basically some unique offensive buff.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bankai.3749

Bankai.3749

1. Allow Necros to receive healing towards life while in d/s from outside sources and food.
2. Allow trait line that allows quickness on crit with life blast.
3. Remove C/D if the necro has above 10% threshold life force.

Legends Never [DIE]
Sanctum Of Rall: Ehmry Bay: Sea Of Sorrows

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

1. vigor on crit (spite minor 5)
2. blast finishers on skills (warhorn, axe, DS 5 etc)
3. invuln/block on utilities and weapon skills (focus 4 giving also aegis, axe 3 blocking while casting, dagger 3 invul while casting, spectral armor giving invul for few sec ETC ETC)

in Necromancer

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

1: Minion AI fix
2: Minion AI fix
3: Minion AI fix

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Necromancer

Posted by: RudyTjhia.7250

RudyTjhia.7250

As for MM i prefer
we got mass minion Control like Ranger pet AI
F1 for open DS
F2 button to make all minions attack
F3 to make them go back
Minions skills is the same , you can just use your 7 8 9 0 to use their skill