Lol Frost Gun disabled.

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

No, of course it doesn’t. In case you haven’t caught on, it was sarcastic. There’s no way Arenanet would hire you (see what I did there, I just played the role of the HR department). Again, similar situations require similar approaches and everything I have presented is evidence that they have no consistency. Seems to me you are incapable of understanding that and continue to pose like you have an enlightened level of knowledge even though its been pointed out to be wrong, again and again. Seems like a really bad way to do things.

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

The point is, Anet can define it as an exploit. We think Anet is wrong in doing so, simply based on the usage of the word exploit, and what its definition is, and its connotation.

I don’t see how that is so hard for you to understand.

Anet can only determine what they ‘consider’ an exploit. Calling it such doesn’t make it so.

Anet is wrong. It’s that simple.

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Obviously exploit has a certain connotation in MMOs and I think with the use of that language, they want to send a message. Is it exacting or accurate? maybe not .. I don’t think that was the point. If Anet wants to give you their attitude with that situation, I don’t see how using that strong language isn’t warranted.

Basically, that tells me that Anet considers achieving that level of damage something they could take action on the player. Message loud and clear. Players would be wise to acknowledge that with a tip of the hat instead of pushing agendas about using dictionaries and nerfing ghost thieves.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Obviously exploit has a certain connotation in MMOs and I think with the use of that language, they want to send a message. Is it exacting or accurate? maybe not .. I don’t think that was the point. If Anet wants to give you their understanding associated with the situation, I don’t see how using that strong language isn’t warranted.

Basically, that tells me that Anet considers achieving that level of damage something they could take action on the player. Message loud and clear.

So Arenanet wants to send an incorrect message. Gotcha. As head of PR why would you want to send a message if it wasn’t accurate?

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

Nothing incorrect about Anet discouraging players about using effects they didn’t intend resulting in damage far outside the range of reasonable damage. I mean, if we take your approach, we just outright ban everyone for the slightest indiscretion … so at least Anet has that ‘inconsistency’ going for them.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Obviously exploit has a certain connotation in MMOs and I think with the use of that language, they want to send a message. Is it exacting or accurate? maybe not .. I don’t think that was the point. If Anet wants to give you their attitude with that situation, I don’t see how using that strong language isn’t warranted.

Basically, that tells me that Anet considers achieving that level of damage something they could take action on the player. Message loud and clear. Players would be wise to acknowledge that with a tip of the hat instead of pushing agendas about using dictionaries and nerfing ghost thieves.

But, head of PR, you just said it might not be accurate.

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

I don’t get your point … how accurate or exacting does the message need to be to actually tell people what you expect as good behaviour in the game? Drop the obtuse stance already. I think the intention is clear.

I mean, are you telling me after all this, your big problem here is you don’t think you were delivered the message properly and you don’t understand it? At least you dropped the ghost thief stuff.

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

I don’t get your point … how accurate or exacting does the message need to be to actually tell people what you expect as good behaviour in the game? Drop the obtuse stance already.

Uh, accurate that you call an exploit an exploit. i.e. Ghost thief, if frost gun is an exploit.

6th time. Drop the obtena stance already.

This WHOLE topic has been about the message being delivered incorrectly. YOU are the only one who thinks its about morality, spaceships and the human genome project. Ask ANYONE here if they’ve thought you missed the point or not.

WJW

(edited by Ramoth.9064)

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

Obviously exploit has a certain connotation in MMOs and I think with the use of that language, they want to send a message.

Or instead of sending a message they should have just disabled the gun without trying to paint those that used it as filthy exploiters ruining the integrity of the game. Because that’s the ‘message’ they are sending.

It doesn’t look good on them, and for you to sit here and say that an unintended interaction (non-bug related) is enough of a reason to ban a player, then i hope you never ever manage an MMO. Because your players would be leaving left and right.

(edited by FrostDraco.8306)

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

It’s not inaccurate that Anet didn’t make a post about ghost thief … inconsistent, yup, but not inaccurate. You don’t know if Anet considers ghost thief an exploit or not. kittenumptions don’t make good points.

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

It’s not inaccurate that Anet didn’t make a post about ghost thief … inconsistent, yup, but not inaccurate. You don’t know if Anet considers ghost thief an exploit or not. kittenumptions don’t make good points.

But you declared ghost thief is an exploit yourself. You work for Arenanet don’t you?

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

Obviously exploit has a certain connotation in MMOs and I think with the use of that language, they want to send a message.

Or instead of sending a message they should have just disabled the gun without trying to paint those that used it as filthy exploiters ruining the integrity of the game. Because that’s the ‘message’ they are sending.

It doesn’t look good on them, and for you to sit here and say that an unintended interaction (non-bug related) is enough of a reason to ban a player, then i hope you never ever manage an MMO. Because your players would be leaving left and right.

That’s like accusing someone of kitten after you slept with them of your own will because you found out something about them you didnt like, or you felt bad afterwards. It’s bull kitten.

It’s the lesser of two evils, and it’s an easy way to deliver the message they want to send. Is there a better way? Maybe but I think this way is effective.

I would like to hope that if I did manage an MMO, the players wouldn’t be so clueless about the game mechanics that if they did encounter a frost gun situation, they would know enough to question it, report it and stay as far away from using it as possible. But lets be fair … has anyone been banned by Anet for using this? Let’s not pretend anything I think or might do reflects on the actual situation here.

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

Do you even read? Are you daft?

Or just dense as ascalonian bricks?

The point was if they consider one an exploit then to be consistent they would have to consider the other the same.

The fact you missed that after he rephrased it like 10 times is astounding. Or are you just feinting ignorance?

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

That’s like accusing someone of kitten after you slept with them of your own will because you found out something about them you didnt like, or you felt bad afterwards. It’s bull kitten.

It’s the lesser of two evils, and it’s an easy way to deliver the message they want to send. Is there a better way? Maybe but I think this way is effective.

I would like to hope that if I did manage an MMO, the players wouldn’t be so clueless about the game mechanics that if they did encounter a frost gun situation, they would know enough to question it, report it and stay as far away from using it as possible. But lets be fair … has anyone been banned by Anet for using this? Let’s not pretend anything I think or might do reflects on the actual situation here.

So basically you would treat your MMO players like abused children and personal moderators for your short comings. Nice to know.

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

The point was if they consider one an exploit then to be consistent they would have to consider the other the same.

The fact you missed that after he rephrased it like 10 times is astounding. Or are you just feinting ignorance?

How am I daft? I’m simply saying they don’t need to announce other exploits like they did for Frost Gun. It’s a case by case consideration. Maybe it’s YOU that need to read.

So basically you would treat your MMO players like abused children and personal moderators for your short comings. Nice to know.

No, actually, I would hope to treat them like mature, responsible adults that have a clue about how MMOs work, avoid putting their game access at risk for using obviously exploitable situations and how to behave when playing them.

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

I’ve suggested the easy way, which also happened to be the better way.

Case in point: Guild Wars 1, they dealt with ‘good synergies’ perfectly. People didn’t get banned for playing a 55 monk, instead, they challenged those players by adding new enemies into the game that made it harder to 55. They didn’t go calling 55 monk players exploiters.

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

How am I daft? I’m simply saying they don’t need to announce other exploits like they did for Frost Gun. It’s a case by case consideration. Maybe it’s YOU that need to read.

No, actually, I would hope to treat them like mature, responsible adults that have a clue about how MMOs work, avoid putting their game access at risk for using obviously exploitable situations and how to behave when playing them.

Responsible adults admit mistakes. But you’ve already clarified earlier Arenanet doesn’t need to admit their mistakes.

Ergo, you think Arenanet aren’t responsible adults!

(edited by Ramoth.9064)

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

Don’t know what to tell you … I don’t know about GW1. I do know that I’ve played plenty of MMOs that didn’t just call you an exploiter when you exploited .. there was action taken against your access. Frankly, I think this is a good example of Anet sending the message players need to hear if they are concerned about how they interact with questionable elements of the game.

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

FrostDraco.8306

Being mature doesn’t mean handling a situation in the way in which you think it should be handled.

I wish people would stop using ‘mature’ as a buzzword cause it doesn’t actually mean squat. Unless you define it, it means nothing, and even then, EVEN THEN, people might, or will, and can disagree.

The scenario you just described is a dictators wet dream. You can’t even dare to call yourself a responsible adult if you can’t even admit a forgotten items is ANETs burden, not the players.

Finding synergies is the core of MMO builds. The fact you would call that ‘obviously not intended’ shows how out of touch with reality you are as a human being. I’m done with this topic.

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

Being mature doesn’t mean handling a situation in the way in which you think it should be handled.

I wish people would stop using ‘mature’ as a buzzword cause it doesn’t actually mean squat. Unless you define it, it means nothing, and even then, EVEN THEN, people might, or will, and can disagree.

The scenario you just described is a dictators wet dream.

Finding synergies is the core of MMO builds. The fact you would call that ‘obviously not intended’ shows how out of touch with reality you are as a human being. I’m done with this topic.

You’re hung up on the synergies aspects … Anet isn’t addressing this because of synergy with traits. They are addressing this because of the obviously massive damage you can achieve from it. The obviously not intended part is not that there is a synergy with a trait and a condition. It’s the obviusly not intended damage. I can’t begin to understand how someone that claims to know about game development abd who plays this game would not see how unreasonable building 100+ bleed stacks on demand on a mob from such a synergy is not intended … especially after some game dev peer professionals tell you so.

I can’t see how anyone doing this is not aware of what they are doing.. It’s not like frost gun stacks just show up in your inventory begging you to use them … It seems so dishonest to me that anyone using this synergy doesn’t see why it’s a problem and how it hurts the game.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Don’t know what to tell you … I don’t know about GW1. I do know that I’ve played plenty of MMOs that didn’t just call you an exploiter when you exploited .. there was action taken against your access. Frankly, I think this is a good example of Anet sending the message players need to hear if they are concerned about how they interact with questionable elements of the game.

Well then, as someone who has been with Arenanet since the very first year of GW1, I can honestly say their PR and design methodologies have sunken to a very very low level.

This actually shows how little of Arenanet’s intentions you feign knowledge of. Finding incredible synergies was dealt with in a tongue and cheek way, they let you find it, they make it harder for you to use it. 55 monk was even based around a very specific item, which they didn’t block or remove from the game (not sure if they could). But they’ve spoken about it before and enjoyed the challenge of finding ways to disable it. Along with shadow form, and all the other super invincible builds.

Even at the end of GW1, when pvp teams discovered how powerful smiters boon was, they still did not call it an exploit, they even came out and waved a white flag, saying they have no idea how to properly balance it.

And you know what, that was the Arenanet people fell in love with, not this empty zero-fun shell of a company.

(edited by Ramoth.9064)

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

I think the difference here is … GW1 is not the same kind of game GW2 is, so dealing with exploits … (get ready for it) a different situation requires a different approach.

Maybe you are just making more kittenumptions. This time about the connection between how both games are run … not even sure how many of the same people are involved.

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

I think the difference here is … GW1 is not the same kind of game GW2 is, so dealing with exploits … (get ready for it) a different situation requires a different approach.

Maybe you are just making more kittenumptions. This time about the connection between how both games are run … not even sure how many of the same people are involved.

No, that was not a kittenumptions, whatever you are trying to spell there. That was me schooling you on you having absolutely no idea what their intentions are.

Lol Frost Gun disabled.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Moderator

This is off topic and is being locked. If you have questions regarding our expectations for our official forums, or the way in which they are implemented or enforced, you may contact us at forum@arena.net.