Looking for a WvW targeted wells build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fenrir.8095

Fenrir.8095

I’m trying to put something together but I am having trouble. Basically I am looking for a good build for use in organized ZvZ fighting. I also don’t want be a full glass cannon. I would also like to use a Staff and Axe/Horn or Focus.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I used to use this build. Was very effective at getting tags. Also great for hitting siege on walls.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/necromancer/?5.0|7.1g.h1.g.1g.h1l|6.1g.h1l|1n.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7.1n.a7|1i.67.1i.67.1i.67.1i.67.1i.67.1i.67|k57.k39.a2.k58.0|39.7|3r.48.4a.4d.4e|e

Basically drop wells on clumps of people during the fight, throw down as many marks as you can for tags, use axe 3 for even more tags and 20+ seconds of retaliation, then go into Plague Form and blind/chill everything for more tags. You can insert DS 4 at any point in there for additional tags if you like, but I found that I’d always get knocked around and interrupted whenever I tried to do that.

If you want to use focus instead of warhorn, just swap out Spectral Walk for Locust Signet.

Berserker’s weapons and Knight’s armor with Cavalier’s trinkets/back all with ruby orbs/exquisite ruby orbs. Sigil of Hydromancy on staff/warhorn and accuracy on axe. This will give you more than enough armor to survive in the middle of a zerg fight with enough crit chance and crit damage for your hits do some respectable damage. The Sigil of Hydromancy can be changed to whatever you want honestly, but I have it there for more AoE tagging. It does about 1-2k point blank AoE damage with this build so the damage isn’t that bad TBH.

You can get a full set of exotic Cavalier’s trinkets/back at the Temple of Balthazar event for 42k karma each. Trick is to find a server with it open though. The trinkets/back are also account bound when you buy them, so if you don’t have enough karma on one character you can still get them with another and use your bank to transfer. Until then, you can make do with rare cav’s trinkets/back from the trading post. They’re really cheap and you don’t lose to many stats in comparison to exotic.

For food, I use Truffle Ravioli and Quality Maint. Oils. I find the Master Oils to be WAY to expensive now that Crystalline dust is almost 40 silver each.

Stuff goes here.

(edited by Kravick.4906)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragnarawk.8697

Ragnarawk.8697

Here is a similar build with different stat distribution, and trait selections. This focuses more on getting as many marks and wells down as possible, and does decent damage. It’s a different approach than most, since there are no points into the power line. However, there are lots of times when a group is going to have a ton of conditions on them to boost damage through Curses 25 trait.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/necromancer/?5.0|6.1n.h4|0.0.0.0.0.0|1n.a7.1p.a7.1n.a7.1p.a7.1p.a7.1n.a7|1g.67.1g.67.1g.67.1g.67.1g.67.1g.67|0.p39.p25.k48.0|39.1|3r.4d.4b.44.0|e

Btw, superior sigil of battle is straight tech in builds like this. I end up with capped stacks quite often.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

I used this in WvW for a long time and it works really well.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/necromancer/?5.4|6.1g.h17|7.1g.h1e.g.1g.h4|1n.a4.1n.a4.1n.a4.1n.a4.1n.a4.1n.a4|1n.67.1n.67.1n.67.1n.67.1n.67.1i.67|u65c.k59.a2.0.a6|54.1|3r.4d.4a.48.o|e

Lots of ranged AOE damage and great single target burst.

It was easier before the weapon swap in DS nerf to control when you procced rage but with good timing you can have them eating machine gun fast crit life blasts while feared when you do end up having to 1v1 someone.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQFA2iMaaa87JApCPPpg7xjUU8wA

This would be my recommendation for a bare minimum layout when building into ZvZ wells.

• If you have a critical chance higher then 40%, take Vampiric Precision over Bloodthirst.
  • If you have a Necro heavy team choose Well of Suffering, if not choose Well of Darkness.
Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA