Looks Like It's Condi Or Nothing

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

As we’re all aware now. The main trait that was keeping us viable just got gutted, tied, cemented, and tossed to the deepest part of the map. The reaper trait didn’t even get touched from what I can tell.

So since we don’t have shroud to count on it looks like we have to go condi/boon removal to stay useful and that in itself was hard enough.

I don’t see what the point was of reducing the cd’s on shroud abilities just almost make shroud non existent. Like what was the point? The most youll be able to get out of it now is pretty much, activate shroud, cycle through 1-5, revert form.

With shroud being gone and the only thing that actually allowed us to stay alive, I’ve already reworked my build from shroud to cancer. If I’m not mistaken even PL caught a nerf bat for some reason. (I always looked at it as, “if theyre dumb enough to walk on it its their own fault”)

So question? Is necros about to become a myth or is everyone else staying as well?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Velar.1509

Lord Velar.1509

Edit: if condi necros is bad as well now, I might just jump ship and re roll myself

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

At this speed nobody will play necro the time the expansion releases…

necro is turning into trash tier….

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Yeh without vital persistence any power spec based around deathshroud is dead. You basically cannot spec for sustain now I would imagine. You could try going signets with undeath to give you death shroud regen but this wont work as you wont have any condi clear.

Vital persistence deletion basically makes about a dozen other necro traits unplayable such as unholy santuary and unholy martyr. Their only semi-usefullness existed from sitting in death shroud for longer. In addition, the new signet trait is way worse due to the deletion of vital persistence.

Anet didnt mean to nerf about 10 necros traits in a single pass but they did it nonetheless.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Barnabus Stinson.1409

Barnabus Stinson.1409

Scourge or Reroll

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

Yeh without vital persistence any power spec based around deathshroud is dead. You basically cannot spec for sustain now I would imagine. You could try going signets with undeath to give you death shroud regen but this wont work as you wont have any condi clear.

Vital persistence deletion basically makes about a dozen other necro traits unplayable such as unholy santuary and unholy martyr. Their only semi-usefullness existed from sitting in death shroud for longer. In addition, the new signet trait is way worse due to the deletion of vital persistence.

Anet didnt mean to nerf about 10 necros traits in a single pass but they did it nonetheless.

you only forgot the small detail that signets does not work on shroud >.< but basically they killed core necro and reaper from pvp

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

Scourge or Reroll

for pve maybe condi spec and is a big maybe for pvp re roll class

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

you only forgot the small detail that signets does not work on shroud >.< but basically they killed core necro and reaper from pvp

Signets do work in Shroud if you take Signets of Suffering now. No Might or boon corruption, though.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Signets do work in Shroud if you take Signets of Suffering now. No Might or boon corruption, though.

But them working in shroud is pointless because without vital persistence in pvp you wont ever have shroud. Hence this vital persistence nerf is actually a nerf to about 15 necro traits indirectly, and a big one.

Obviously those traits were not buffed to even retain close to the same usefullness because anet lack foresight.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

lol true now I saw that but still if you don’t take the trait which is terrible still….. it should have been base like from 2012…..