Looks like you get stances

in Necromancer

Posted by: Manimarco Devil.1790

Manimarco Devil.1790

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/35pyxp/the_reason_why_i_think_necromancer_will_get/

I for one will be excited to see necros in my party now doing more selfish things. trollface

Battlelord Taeres

in Necromancer

Posted by: ChapDev.7650

ChapDev.7650

Possible though I wouldn’t say that would mean that they would be selfish.

When I first read that thread I thought about what A-net said about Necromancer wanting to be hit? Well If we do get Stances what if that is the point?

Lets look for example at Defiant Stance, This is an example of a stance where you want to get hit because each hit you take while the Stance is active will heal you. I would imagine this could also translate into a way to aid a party or provide group support in a sacrificial form (Look at other Necromancer skills like Blood is Power, Epidemic where you have to take a hit like poison or bleeding to gain an advantage).

If I were to simply make up an example of one right now you could have a stance that while active grants yourself and nearby allies Fury and Might stacks each time you are hit.

I don’t know though I’m not to great at this I’ll let someone else do the fine detail theory crafting on the concept but I would guess Stances could still provide support to a party like that.

Bad Looking Necro Tryhard [BLNT] ~ Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

Stances or physical skills are the best guess considering the image, hopefully it’ll be physical skills since stances and 2/4 spectral skills have basically the same mechanics. Not to mention whatever physical skills they did add would be for closing gaps or CCing the enemy since it looks like GS is gonna be a melee based cleave weapon. Just have to wait to see though.

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

in Necromancer

Posted by: Darwec.3784

Darwec.3784

I think that dialog is more indication that rangers will get stances. Rox is the ranger. Rox is good at stances. Rangers get stances.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

A stance could provide the extra 6-8 seconds of persistence that would make focusing the Necro less viable. It would also provide a potential means of CC immunity. It could very well be that they are looking for ways to say “you can still attack the Necromancer because he lacks mobility, but do you really want to?”

IF that’s the case, I’m wondering how strong the stances would be. And Necros would still lack party benefits in that case, but I honestly think that PvE design is a bigger offender than Necros lacking boon-sharing or some other unique buff.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

I’d be okay with stances as long as they functioned like GW1 enchantmets that we used to have.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Demonic_Flesh
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Poisoned_Heart
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Contagion
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Tainted_Flesh

Those are a few that could fit rather comfortably as stances. Though I struggle with this concept of stances because it carries the same issue as all our other utility. Being locked out as soon as we enter death shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Necromancer already has Shroud Squats so it makes sense.

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

I’d be okay with stances as long as they functioned like GW1 enchantmets that we used to have.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Demonic_Flesh
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Poisoned_Heart
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Contagion
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Tainted_Flesh

Those are a few that could fit rather comfortably as stances. Though I struggle with this concept of stances because it carries the same issue as all our other utility. Being locked out as soon as we enter death shroud.

Yes, we can’t use utilities while in DS, but there is precedence for maintaining effects when we enter DS if we use them first (namely Spectral Armor/Walk). It requires some planning ahead, but it can still work as long as stances persist into DS.

I would personally prefer to be able to use utilities while IN DS, but we’ll see if that happens.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

The solutions is to give necros access to their utilities whilst in DS.

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

That reminds me that I need to update my sig to lobby for DS changes.

I wouldn’t say anything is more likely than anything else at this point. The only thing that is completely ruled out is anything we already have, and traps, anything else is possible.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Stances could be really good. I’m not sure this means we will get stances, but they could be good.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Papish.5806

Papish.5806

I wouldn’t rule out anything we have. “Almost every elite specialization will gain access to a complete set of new skills: a single heal, four utility skills, and one elite skill.” quoted from their first couple blog posts on elite specializations. Which means we could be the profession that doesn’t get a new skill type.

Granted this could only be for one profession(and maybe not ours), you just never know. However i do like our corruptions+spectrals and think they could expand on them more from what they are now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

I wouldn’t rule out anything we have. “Almost every elite specialization will gain access to a complete set of new skills: a single heal, four utility skills, and one elite skill.” quoted from their first couple blog posts on elite specializations. Which means we could be the profession that doesn’t get a new skill type.

Granted it could be a different profession, you just never know.

I’ve said this a few times myself. I think everyone here is just too focused on what the lowest tier skill set is because they think we’ll be most likely to get it. I still have the belief that we’ll get an upgrade to some current skill set. Some way to make it more impactful, though I wouldn’t know which skills would be effected

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Only problem I have with stances is that Spectral skills sort of feel like stances already, just in a more necromancer way. o.O

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Only problem I have with stances is that Spectral skills sort of feel like stances already, just in a more necromancer way. o.O

I’m still with shouts or venoms,only the defiance bar would be stance-like a permanent one.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

some of them… meaning 2. Hmm.

Its also possible we could get cantrips or mantras.

I think short cast time matras that are charged with life or lifeforce could be interesting.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

About as authoritative as the Banshee prediction.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

I’m gonna throw what I imagine is an unpopular opinion out there. Based on how well the blood and death magic synergize (minion heavy lines with pretty good DS traits) I think we might get something pertaining to those two.

Melee with a greatsword with minions in tow, popping in and out of DS to heal minions and use those skills, then popping out to gain protection for you and minions. Presumably also cleaving enemies with our fancy new greatsword. It seems to me like they’re going to make us into a legitimate one man army.

And I’ll be kitten ed if that wouldn’t give necros the class impact we’ve wanted for ages. Granted, AI could still use improvement, but even so, start slashing with a melee weapon out of range and those minions will most often charge in. So I think we could manage pretty well

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

How are stances any good? What, another mechanism that is blocked when we go intomdeathshroud? So you blow a stance and go into ds only to find your stance is cancelled or ineffective in ds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

It will have a twist I would take venoms meaning necro could get a thief feeling,shouts,stances,banners anything related to war is not my cup of tea of all professions this is the last one we need to be mixed with because it’s already the closest to us. Their zerker/condi specs didn’t have enough active defenses and they went from cele Ax/Sw LB to cele shoutbow…

And we still have to worry about base necro.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

some of them… meaning 2. Hmm.

Its also possible we could get cantrips or mantras.

I think short cast time matras that are charged with life or lifeforce could be interesting.

Well I sort of expect lich to become one, and yeah, it’s only 2 of them but still. Doesn’t change the fact that it’ll feel like more of the same in a way.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

How are stances any good? What, another mechanism that is blocked when we go intomdeathshroud? So you blow a stance and go into ds only to find your stance is cancelled or ineffective in ds.

Spectral abilities remain active when you go into DS. So would stances.

If you’re talking about not being able to use utilities while in DS, any utility would suffer from that.

So what point are you making, exactly? Are you assuming all stances would restore health?

in Necromancer

Darwec.3784

Spectral abilities remain active when you go into DS. So would stances.

If you’re talking about not being able to use utilities while in DS, any utility would suffer from that.

So what point are you making, exactly? Are you assuming all stances would restore health?

I believe he means

Assume a spectral form and gain new skills, turning your life force into health. Entering this form removes other spectral effects.

which

Does not actually remove Spectral Effects, it was changed in the 25th June, 2013 update, however the ingame tooltip still says it removes them.

(edited by Darwec.3784)

in Necromancer

Cogbyrn.7283

Two things:

1. Since the change happened two years ago, I assumed people knew.

2. I can’t believe the tooltip for that is still wrong, because triggering SA before going into DS provides a surprising amount of sustain while SA is up. I can’t blame people for not knowing when the game doesn’t tell them the correct information.

in Necromancer

Darwec.3784

Two things:

1. Since the change happened two years ago, I assumed people knew.

2. I can’t believe the tooltip for that is still wrong, because triggering SA before going into DS provides a surprising amount of sustain while SA is up. I can’t blame people for not knowing when the game doesn’t tell them the correct information.

Yeah a couple of my guildies have been doing sPvP on their necros lately for titles and i was trying to teach them things and they’re like “But the tool tip..” Kinda frustrating.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Would have rather gotten manipulations, cantrips or shouts, but I suppose stances could work if done right.

(edited by Ragnar the Rock.3174)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Would have rather gotten manipulations, cantrips or shouts, but I suppose stances could work if done right.

Despite the confidence of the title of this thread, nothing is official until Thursday when we get the blog post.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I really doubt they’d give Necromancers stances.

Don’t stances feel very similar to spectral skills? You use some skill and gain some passive effect for a few seconds. They’re single target and self only. Sounds very much like Spectral Armor.

Shouts or Meditation type skills seems far more likely. God help us if it’s spirits or spectral weapons. I’ll quit that same day.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

in Necromancer

Posted by: WhiteCrow.5310

WhiteCrow.5310

Top comment in that thread was glorious:

Well Necro have always been selfish. Why not improve this concept and introduce stances based on party member sacrificing rituals
New Death Shroud – Uses party members HP, instead of life force! Happy leaching!
Utilities:
“Why I have to do everything myself!?” – You gain 10 stacks of stability for 10 seconds, at the cost of allies getting 2 stacks of fear for 2 sec each.
“I’m Invincible!” – Transfer all boons from nearby allies to yourself.
“The bond”- For the duration of 5 seconds transfers all incoming condition to your beloved party members.
Healing Skill:
“Noob Control” – Sacrifice weakest party member to restore your full hp.
Elite:
“Weakest fall first” – Next incoming kill blow is transferred to nearby ally.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

in Necromancer

Knighthonor.4061

we may get new class mechanics. I wonder what new mechanics we will get..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Top comment in that thread was glorious:

Well Necro have always been selfish. Why not improve this concept and introduce stances based on party member sacrificing rituals
New Death Shroud – Uses party members HP, instead of life force! Happy leaching!
Utilities:
“Why I have to do everything myself!?” – You gain 10 stacks of stability for 10 seconds, at the cost of allies getting 2 stacks of fear for 2 sec each.
“I’m Invincible!” – Transfer all boons from nearby allies to yourself.
“The bond”- For the duration of 5 seconds transfers all incoming condition to your beloved party members.
Healing Skill:
“Noob Control” – Sacrifice weakest party member to restore your full hp.
Elite:
“Weakest fall first” – Next incoming kill blow is transferred to nearby ally.

Noob control ahahaha.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Someone have really found something about Marjory Dellaqua and Stances…
And that can be a real thing to take in consideration

http://imgur.com/h753pcr

Marjory that speak about Rox, GS and Stances

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Rheios.4152

Lord Rheios.4152

I was playing through and noticed this the day before yesterday too. I was thinking it might go one of two ways. 1) Instead of Deathshroud we get Stances in F1, F2, and F3 that do something interesting. And then we also get shouts as our skill. 2) The stances will be the new skills and they’ll use life force to maintain but be powerful, to try and give us something else to do with life force. Although in that case I don’t know what our Death-shroud change might be. Maybe some kindof vampiric mechanic where we can expend life-force for direct life-leach or something? No clue.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I wouldn’t read too much into “stances”, considering your “battle stance” is literally just how you hold yourself and your weapon in battle; its something literally every profession does right now.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Knighthonor.4061

I was playing through and noticed this the day before yesterday too. I was thinking it might go one of two ways. 1) Instead of Deathshroud we get Stances in F1, F2, and F3 that do something interesting. And then we also get shouts as our skill. 2) The stances will be the new skills and they’ll use life force to maintain but be powerful, to try and give us something else to do with life force. Although in that case I don’t know what our Death-shroud change might be. Maybe some kindof vampiric mechanic where we can expend life-force for direct life-leach or something? No clue.

I doubt that because we have a trait tree for DS which means DS wont be replaced by Elite Specialization mechanics we are getting.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lord Rheios.4152

Lord Rheios.4152

I figured everyone’s unique ability was getting a modification, or an addition, with the Elite Specialization. Mesmers got their f4 time reset and Guardians got the updated virtues. I figured Deathshroud would either get replaced or updated in some new way. With WHAT, Elephino.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I wouldn’t read too much into “stances”, considering your “battle stance” is literally just how you hold yourself and your weapon in battle; its something literally every profession does right now.

Yep, Necro has this stance in DS right before Dark Path connects or fails. It’s the fluffy diaper stance.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Granted this could only be for one profession(and maybe not ours), you just never know. However i do like our corruptions+spectrals and think they could expand on them more from what they are now.

They actually say which profession won’t get one heal four utility and one elite in the very next sentence:

“Revenants will gain a healing skill, an elite skill, and a set of utilities of the same type.”

Since Revenants have legends instead of skill types, at least as other professions know them, it would make the most since that they would be the one that do not get the same number of new skills (though I don’t think they’ve yet confirmed how many utilities each legend will have, beyond at least three).