in Necromancer

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

(edited by Lopez.7369)

Lopez's big condition guides for PvP and PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

The builds look great, sadly everyone always assumes that we have ascended rings/accessories ….

Note – most will be using Exotic but will build to Ascended in the future :-)

ps… no haemophilia?

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

(edited by Budchgon.2108)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’d only ever use Hemophilia if you aren’t using wells, aren’t using plague, and are too far away for Weakening Shroud to take effect often enough. Otherwise its lackluster compared to Chilling Darkness, Weakening Shroud, or Focused Rituals (imo). Oh, and also if you aren’t hitting the 100% cap as well. If those conditions are met, take it.

I also think its way stronger in PvE and pretty bad in PvP/WvW.

Thanks for the updated guides btw. I’ll go through them sometime, maybe I can finally figure out how to condi Necro without being a baddie.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

(edited by Bhawb.7408)

in Necromancer

Lopez.7369

Hemophilia is good in PvE, but bleeds are cleansed too quickly in WvW and PvP for it to be worth it in those game types.

Also, I updated the guide to suggest Sigil of Bursting.

I wish Sigil of Bursting was an option in structured PvP.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Really not sure about terror in pve. It’s good against single target but it can also ruin pulls. Makes it kinda works only half of the time (trash/boss), and if you think of it that way, it’s half the theoretical effectiveness throughout the whole dungeon. Of course trait can be switched between battles but your runes are also built around fear, makes it not so flexible.

in Necromancer

Lopez.7369

The runes aren’t built around fear. The condition duration also applies to all other conditions, particularly burning, poison, torment and weakness. The six-piece is nice for some extra survivability and defensive damage.

But what’s better against trash? Lingering Curse? The only AOE Lingering Curse affects is scepter’s No. 2 attack, which is OK but not a massive gain by any means. Epidemic isn’t affected by Lingering Curse even while using a scepter.

I have been in a few situations in which fearing an AOE pack has saved a party on top of doing damage.

People should of course be careful with scattering mobs, as I noted in the guide, but there’s really not much reason to give up a substantial single-target DPS gain against bosses — the real challenge of the game — for a trait that’s much less single-target damage and barely beneficial in AOE.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

Ha Ha! Yes, you rock! I finally leveled my Necro ad I was sad your guide was out of date. Thanks for this!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

The runes aren’t built around fear. The condition duration also applies to all other conditions, particularly burning, poison, torment and weakness. The six-piece is nice for some extra survivability and defensive damage.

But what’s better against trash? Lingering Curse? The only AOE Lingering Curse affects is scepter’s No. 2 attack, which is OK but not a massive gain by any means. Epidemic isn’t affected by Lingering Curse even while using a scepter.

I have been in a few situations in which fearing an AOE pack has saved a party on top of doing damage.

People should of course be careful with scattering mobs, as I noted in the guide, but there’s really not much reason to give up a substantial single-target DPS gain against bosses — the real challenge of the game — for a trait that’s much less single-target damage and barely beneficial in AOE.

You’ve convinced me. I’ll give it a try. My guildie found a champion mob to farm but that seems to be a pretty good sustain dps target. I’ll try the traits with undead runes first tonight, see how good it is, and farm TA later.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sebastian Knight.4736

Sebastian Knight.4736

Really not sure about terror in pve. It’s good against single target but it can also ruin pulls. Makes it kinda works only half of the time (trash/boss), and if you think of it that way, it’s half the theoretical effectiveness throughout the whole dungeon. Of course trait can be switched between battles but your runes are also built around fear, makes it not so flexible.

The trick is to chill or immobilize the mobs so they can’t move during the fear. Try casting tainted shackles on a group and as soon as the immobilize activates, drop reaper’s mark. The mobs will cease attacking and take the terror damage, but won’t move.

Glad to see your guides back up Lopez! I don’t always roll conditionmancer, but when I do, I go with your builds.

in Necromancer

Lopez.7369

Yeah, I should add a note about snaring before fearing. Good tip.

I’ve made some updates to the guides in the past few days. I’m actually recommending Hemophilia for AR engineers and Berserker Stance warriors now that they’re becoming more prevalent.

in Necromancer

Lopez.7369

I was asked to bump this.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hellgaunt.1734

Hellgaunt.1734

These are really amazing guides and well written. It would be awesome to see the calculations you did but otherwise really good work!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

I like the layout!
I think this guide actually made me choose necro over warri and guardian when i started gw2 around two months ago. Well done

Ele / Guardian

in Necromancer

Posted by: Caris.1594

Caris.1594

Hey Lopez, I’ve got a question.
What is your take on getting 100% condition during with a givers dagger in offhand and 2 runes of the mad king + 2 runes of Lyssa.
The lower condition damage would be me more than made up for with the extra dmg tick form all conditions.

Also I was wondering if you’d upload your guide for fractals again – it would be a huge help for me as I’ve just started running those.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

You still use full rabid? Not a mix of rabid/dire?

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

You left out Spectral Grasp in the Spectral Skills section. It’s good at producing LF and offers a nice chill especially with points into Spite.. It just seems extremely buggy still and rarely lands :/

in Necromancer

Lopez.7369

Update:

I will be streaming for 25 hours straight this weekend for Extra Life’s charity event. If it goes well, I’ll consider streaming often from now on.

Here is the stream: http://www.twitch.tv/lopezirl

If you want to donate, please go here: http://www.extra-life.org/participant/derekandgerman

(edited by Lopez.7369)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Caris.1594

Caris.1594

Hey Lopez.
Did you take your guides down or is your site just not working at the moment? The links in your first post don’t seem to work for me.