[META] Condi Reaper in Gorseval!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

I knew it…i always believed! Now people will look it differently since a famous youtuber is talking on the subject! \o/

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

Yeah this tactic seems to be really useful, hopefully I can try it out tonight

in Necromancer

Posted by: Maxzero.4032

Maxzero.4032

People finally noticing the power of Epidemic.

Bouncing full DoT stacks between multiple targets = Broken.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

I want to try it with 4 burnserkers and 6 condi reapers. Pull the boss to the wall, burns do their field combos, reapers call a target, and epi bounce 6 times.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

in Necromancer

Posted by: Altoid.9104

Altoid.9104

Well look at that, maybe people will stop saying Epidemic is overrated now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

Well look at that, maybe people will stop saying Epidemic is overrated now.

But it is overrated unless you have a very specific niche team comp

in Necromancer

Altoid.9104

How is it overrated? I don’t really see people say it’s the best skill in the game or anything, just that it has it’s uses.

in Necromancer

Skoigoth.9238

Well, I wouldn’t call it overrated, it is pretty kittening good at what it does. It is just a highly situational skill and some people use it wrong, that’s all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Demandred.7930

Demandred.7930

Hah, no surprises here. :p

in Necromancer

Lynnie.7213

D O N E E

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

Nice. Now I can rest peacefully knowing that all the gold I spent on crafting ascended Viper gear was not all wasted.

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yeah the double epi tactic. Thats the thing i was hinting at for Sabetha. I considered it for Gorseval. Just didnt feel it as valuable since there arent always adds on Gorseval. But you dont need 2 viper reapers. 1 can be power and then the second epi can be from a viper reaper.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Wait what, I thought epidemic uses the condi damage of the creator of that condition stack that it’s spreading not the necro’s?

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

Altoid.9104

It uses the necros, you are the new source so it uses your stats but it uses the time remaining as the duration.

in Necromancer

Lynnie.7213

It uses the necros, you are the new source so it uses your stats but it uses the time remaining as the duration.

What he said. If you get a druid with sun spirit out its just amazing.

D O N E E

in Necromancer

OlliX.1705

Even just 1 condi reaper at Gorseval is nice for the trash mobs.

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Even just 1 condi reaper at Gorseval is nice for the trash mobs.

With just 1 reaper you have subpar condi damage. Its not difficult to clear the trash mobs with other methods.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Should end up having nice numbers with a few condi warriors mixed in, though those spikes might not last too long.

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

You need 2 to spike. The whole point of it is to have 2 so you can duplicate stacks. With just one you only have a mediocre condi class with good condi cleave on trash (Not important enough to warrant taking especially when power tank reaper can do the same job with grasping darkness and wells).

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You need 2 to spike. The whole point of it is to have 2 so you can duplicate stacks. With just one you only have a mediocre condi class with good condi cleave on trash (Not important enough to warrant taking especially when power tank reaper can do the same job with grasping darkness and wells).

If that response was directed at me, I meant additionally to the Reapers.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

can you kill the red boss in the first encounter faster with two engineers or two necros?

As for epidemic, it always had a lot of potential, but in the vanilla game adds don’t last long enough for you to even cast epidemic (by the time you build bleeds and finish casting epidemic, everybody is dead already)

in Necromancer

OlliX.1705

Fair enough. I’m not gonna argue about it being optimal, but my group found the epidemic to be a very convenient way to do the cleave. Let the others focus on the boss while I just did the trash with epidemic.

Our wipes were never due to low dps so it seems like a viable tactic to me so far, but I’ll probably try with power necro a few times when my group does it again.

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Skoigoth.9238

@Aenesthesia: From personal experience, Engineers, if they know what they are doing ofc. They ramp up their damage much faster.
Just in case this isn’t clear to you, I was joking around by making a deliberately exaggerated comment =P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Is that the same with the revenant spreading or does that work the same way as a transfer?

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Is that the same with the revenant spreading or does that work the same way as a transfer?

Revenant applies new condis, so they use the Revenant’s stats. Including condition duration, since the base duration is 3 seconds.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

Was experimenting in a pug group tonight, started on vale with me on condi necro and a condi engi, killed red before green and blue were killed. Engi had to go, got another one, barely had red down to 25%. That engi left and I brought in another condi necro. Killed red before either blue or green were dead.

Engineer DPS is based so much on personal skill, where condi necros are consistently high damage.

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here

(edited by Scootabuser.4915)

in Necromancer

Posted by: siestakey.9378

siestakey.9378

What do you guys mean when you say you need two epidemics to “bounce the condis”

I have a fully vipered out necro and were going to try this tonight. But do we need to coordinate our epidemics? For example I cast epidemic on gorseval and then he casts epidemic on on of the trash mobs so now gorseval is also taking the dmg too?

Cuz I know if I just epidemic the boss it doesnt copy everybody elses condis on to MY target.

Explain to me like im 5 and I will love you forever. Or better yet somebody plz find the necros POV from Woodenpotatoes video!!!!

in Necromancer

OlliX.1705

What do you guys mean when you say you need two epidemics to “bounce the condis”

I have a fully vipered out necro and were going to try this tonight. But do we need to coordinate our epidemics? For example I cast epidemic on gorseval and then he casts epidemic on on of the trash mobs so now gorseval is also taking the dmg too?

Cuz I know if I just epidemic the boss it doesnt copy everybody elses condis on to MY target.

Explain to me like im 5 and I will love you forever. Or better yet somebody plz find the necros POV from Woodenpotatoes video!!!!

First necro casts epidemic on the boss. That will transfer all the conditions (up to 25 stacks) to the surrounding trash mobs. The other necro then casts epidemic on one of the affected trash mobs, copying those condis again back to the boss.

Make sure you decide first who is going to which part. The first necro should call out his epidemics so the other can get the timing right.

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: siestakey.9378

siestakey.9378

So if I epidemic the boss and see some big condi tics on trash mob #1

Then if the other necro epidemics one of the trash mobs spreading the condis back to the boss the boss will now have 25 or every condi ideally.

But now will Trash mob #2,3,4,and 5 have 50 of every condi on them! cuz they got hit by my epidemic and another necros epidemic?!?!?!?! 50 burns is armegeddon.

in Necromancer

OlliX.1705

So if I epidemic the boss and see some big condi tics on trash mob #1

Then if the other necro epidemics one of the trash mobs spreading the condis back to the boss the boss will now have 25 or every condi ideally.

But now will Trash mob #2,3,4,and 5 have 50 of every condi on them! cuz they got hit by my epidemic and another necros epidemic?!?!?!?! 50 burns is armegeddon.

Ideally yes, but probably not 25 of every condi. Still a significant amount of condition damage, especially if you have a good amount of burning on from other classes in the team.

[qT] Necro main.