MM Build with no minion trouble

in Necromancer

Posted by: Healnofear.5182

Healnofear.5182

Hello, I love necromancer sent GW1. So at level 80 necro I don’t see a problem with minion IA or pathing problem. I am 30/0/20/20/0 staff user no weapon switch. Staff too good to switch out of, My slots are Blood fiend, Signet of Locust(speed+extra healing), shadow fiend, bone fiend, and flesh golem.

If I happen to see this so called Not attacking problem its a real easy fix, i continue to use flesh golem charge and shadow fiend teleport blind to keep them going so i don’t see them not attacking.

For Runes I will use 6 Dolyuks(sorry can’t spell it). All gear berserker including trinkets. For the Staff Sigil of Fire for the extra AoE Dmg.

I found the work around with this so called AI and pathing, I love Necromancer and will never stop. Good luck all, PS I am full Pve Dungeon user with this build and no wvw or pvp i do with it rather do thoses thing on my warrior or guardian!

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

http://tinyurl.com/80-MM-Necro >> My build.
I’m level 80 pure MM necro, I didn’t change my build since level 1 as I chose necro for his undead army.
I have played as a MM in guild wars 1 , honestly I liked him very much.
About minions AL , it often happens and it should be fixed.
I beg Anet to make lifestealing/health siphoning (traits and skills) to be affected by healing power as it should be.

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Wow no problems, indeed….
A pity that after the Golem charges it loses dps and eventually stops it; Shadow Fiend is the most useless pet ever (both pvp than pve), and anyway it’s better having Sigil of Undeath instead that bringing a pet in every utility slot (obvious other slots are Bone Fiend and Bone Minions); Signet of Locust… in pve… no sorry, even in pvp sucks so much it isn’t worth keeping it on the bar.
No weapon switch.. how do you maximize dps on single target by the moment staff doesnt do a decent single target damage?
Dolyak runes on a dps caster, you lose a lot of dps again; Sigil of fire without Critical Chance is pretty useless.

I’m not sure if youre trolling or you are serious, by the moment the build you show us it’s obstructive for the performance of your Pve Team.

Good Luck!

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Necromancer

Posted by: tehdirtyfivethirty.3507

tehdirtyfivethirty.3507

How do you execute pet abilities when you’re downed and watching the golem watch you? I’d be so glad if you could tell me how you manage that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Khalifahaze.6045

Khalifahaze.6045

I stopped reading after you said you only use staff.

QT Khalifa [Cute] – Necromancer

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

http://tinyurl.com/80-MM-Necro >> My build.
I’m level 80 pure MM necro, I didn’t change my build since level 1 as I chose necro for his undead army.
I have played as a MM in guild wars 1 , honestly I liked him very much.
About minions AL , it often happens and it should be fixed.
I beg Anet to make lifestealing/health siphoning (traits and skills) to be affected by healing power as it should be.

I stopped reading after you said you only use staff.

You are right indeed , my set focuses on condition damage and power , ( toughness and vitality as well ). I use staff 1st ( landing the 3 marks ) , switch to daggers which will give me 3 stacks of might for 20 sec and + 5% damage then use death shroud to use Life blast ( will give me 1 stack of might , total will be 4 ) . Now I have powered up the Life Transfer so I use it to damage my foes and heal my minions. Finally , I use all my dagger skills till the swapping cool down finishes then use the staff again and so on.

How do you execute pet abilities when you’re downed and watching the golem watch you? I’d be so glad if you could tell me how you manage that.

About that >> as I mentioned before , if u played MM well , you will rarely die or even be in downed mode.

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lesdeth.9641

Lesdeth.9641

Hello, I love necromancer sent GW1. So at level 80 necro I don’t see a problem with minion IA or pathing problem. I am 30/0/20/20/0 staff user no weapon switch. Staff too good to switch out of, My slots are Blood fiend, Signet of Locust(speed+extra healing), shadow fiend, bone fiend, and flesh golem.

If I happen to see this so called Not attacking problem its a real easy fix, i continue to use flesh golem charge and shadow fiend teleport blind to keep them going so i don’t see them not attacking.

For Runes I will use 6 Dolyuks(sorry can’t spell it). All gear berserker including trinkets. For the Staff Sigil of Fire for the extra AoE Dmg.

I found the work around with this so called AI and pathing, I love Necromancer and will never stop. Good luck all, PS I am full Pve Dungeon user with this build and no wvw or pvp i do with it rather do thoses thing on my warrior or guardian!

I am very confused about this post. My necromancer is only level 45, but I’ve tried a minion build to see how the pets would work out; they constantly just sit there even after I use their abilities and I’m forced to kill the mobs with just my abilities alone. Not sure if I’m doing something wrong, but half the time they refuse to attack and the other half their damage is subpar to when I was complete condition spec and used BiP/Epidemic.

Sceptre/Dagger does superior damage for me than just sitting with a staff, so I’m confused about that point as well. I do switch to staff after I use Sceptre 2, dagger 5, BiP, Epidemic. The damage seems marginal at best even with the blast finisher of staff 4. I usually just spam staff 1 for lifeforce after I have used all my cooldowns in an aoe fight. Otherwise it’s a dps loss on single target by a large margin.

(edited by Lesdeth.9641)

in Necromancer

Luke.4562

@The Demonic Spirit: Khalifahaze was talking about Healnofear..
Btw the Traits Minion Master, Transfusion and Shadow Fiend are thrashes.
To heal your pets you just need Mark of Blood, nothing else.
If we want to be precise, daggers aren’t worth in Pve, Axe would be better by the moment the Vulnerability stacks would emprove the dps of you, your pets and your team.

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

@The Demonic Spirit: Khalifahaze was talking about Healnofear..
Btw the Traits Minion Master, Transfusion and Shadow Fiend are thrashes.
To heal your pets you just need Mark of Blood, nothing else.
If we want to be precise, daggers aren’t worth in Pve, Axe would be better by the moment the Vulnerability stacks would emprove the dps of you, your pets and your team.

I know dude , I was supporting Khalifahaze reply ( I was talking about Healnofear too ).
About the shadow fiend , I need every minions I can have because of this trait > Vampiric master which is the main healing source trait to MM necros.( add to that , protection of the horde minor trait).
I know that Mark of Blood is the best healing skill for our minions ( didn’t mention well of blood as it’s not our specialty), but with transfusion trait the healing will be much better. As for minion master trait ( -20% minions summoning recharge time ) , It’s the most important trait for MM as all your utilities + healing skills will be minions so it will save very much time. ( -15 s for flesh golem ).
And as I said before >> Anet should fix the bug that prevent Lifestealing / health siphoning to be affected by healing power. The site where they said that it’s a bug >>http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bloodthirst and http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vampiric_Master

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

in Necromancer

Luke.4562

You really can’t get it..
1) you don’t have utilities to help your team
2) you sacrifice 1 slot wich must be used for Signet of Undeath to get a useless pet which gives you +20 toughness and some little quantity of health each attak, when Blood Fiend and Flesh Golem are more reliable.
3) You waste a Trait to get Transfusion which will help ya once every 30-40 seconds and doesnt even scale well with healing power.
4) You keep grabbing this useless Minion master trait when the only benefit is the cooldown on Bone Minions for more Dps which you don’t even use. It doesn’t reduce the cooldown of the minion’s ability, it reduces the cooldown to resummon the pet when it’s on cooldown.

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

You really can’t get it..
1) you don’t have utilities to help your team
2) you sacrifice 1 slot wich must be used for Signet of Undeath to get a useless pet which gives you +20 toughness and some little quantity of health each attak, when Blood Fiend and Flesh Golem are more reliable.
3) You waste a Trait to get Transfusion which will help ya once every 30-40 seconds and doesnt even scale well with healing power.
4) You keep grabbing this useless Minion master trait when the only benefit is the cooldown on Bone Minions for more Dps which you don’t even use. It doesn’t reduce the cooldown of the minion’s ability, it reduces the cooldown to resummon the pet when it’s on cooldown.

1) I help my team by distracting foes by my minions and transfusion healing.
2)Signet of undeath has a very long cd which make shadow fiend more important as it heals me and blinding my foes.
3) Transfusion trait doesn’t benefit from healing power as you said , but it heals more than deathly invigoration even with maximum healing power you can get.
4) You said it by your self !! >> It decrease resummoning minions recharge time by -20% which allows you to have minions all the time = damaging and siphoning.