MM death magic grand master trait

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Is Unholy Sanctuary a must for MM ( necros in general ) ? Using death shroud when below 25% health to heal as much as possible then let the trait do the rest will save us a lot. Its healing is garbage

On the other side, Death nova will summon a horror each 15 sec per kill and create a poison field ( combos ) on minion death = seven poison fields at least from Rise! and the trait itself.

What are your thoughts on each of them ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

No? Death nova is typically the “must” for minion masters of the current three grand master traits, as the 10% chance to remove a boon on hit is incredibly underwhelming and unholy sanctuary is for non-mm builds.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I would never use Unholy Sanctuary as an MM. Even if I wasn’t using Death Nova, which would be absolutely stupid, I’d use Corruptor’s Fervor. US just gives some crappy healing, while you can get plenty of sustain on MM anyway, Death Nova is incredibly important for keeping up poison on enemies, which is a big part of the attrition fight of MMs, plus it turns Putrid Explosion into an AoE weakness/poison, and if your minions are killed it deals fairly high damage in response.

Also, Rise! will not be used on standard MM builds.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Urug.2543

Urug.2543

US has basically no role at all in any build (unless they buffed that healing quite a bit). Death Nova is good for Minion Masters, Corruptor’s Fervor is good for everything else.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

US has basically no role at all in any build (unless they buffed that healing quite a bit). Death Nova is good for Minion Masters, Corruptor’s Fervor is good for everything else.

I wouldnt say that in a Bloodmagic/deathmagic/soulreaping build with some healingpower i probably will take it over Corruptors Frevor.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’d still take CF, the extra toughness/condi resistance scales better with healing power.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Corruptor’s Fervor needs to affect minions, too. Once that is accomplished, we will be in a better place.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

If Unholy Sanctuary gave us like 10 stacks of Stability and 5 seconds of resistance on entering DS I’d take it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

MM w/ Death Magic: Death Nova or Corruptor’s Fervor. You have minion siphons working through shroud to replace Unholy functionality in DS. I guess if you had Healing Power in your build you may want to take Unholy on top of Minion siphons. I will try it tomorrow. :p

Non-MM Necro with Healing Power + Death Magic: Unholy Sanctuary or Corruptor’s Fervor. It’s hard to figure out without playing, but I think perma 250-300ish+ regen while in DS and the special would help more in most situations. Corruptor’s Fervor would seriously reduce condi damage though, which is the a weakness of toughness+ healing power builds compared to vitality ones.

Every other Necro using Death Magic: Corruptor’s Fervor. Just do it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Personally, what I miss the most about Minionmancer is that feeling of swarm-like play. Wish Minionmancer played something like Abathur from Heroes of the Storm – fragile himself, staying mostly out of the fights, supporting his allies with various buffs, but when left alone – streaming dozens of dangerous minions and flipping fights all over the map, being more like a “presence”, similar to RTS.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144