MM viable in sPvP?

MM viable in sPvP?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

I hear people laughing at MMs as non-serious builds.

I really want to play a MM well and be effective against good players. Is that a reasonable expectation? Or is it unrealistic at the current time?

Any tips to playing a MM extremely well? Key issues?

What builds are my hard counters that I should not feel too bad losing a 1v1 to?

Who SHOULD I easily take on?

Thanks.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

MM viable in sPvP?

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Against good players sure you can be effective just don’t expect to be winning major tourneys with it at the moment

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

MM viable in sPvP?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

It can be good, it can also suck.

It just depends on weather the AI wants to have a brain fart or not.

Sometimes my minnions are amazing, other times they just stand around while i get killed.

MM viable in sPvP?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

MM has been the build I’ve ran since GW1 i’ve always loved the feeling of swarming enemies and you still get that feeling (somewhat) in GW2. You can check out my MM build in my signature if you want to run a bunker/boon strip build (change shadow fiend to flesh wurm I find that extra damage and mobility makes a huge difference) but their are many variations to MM. When I play MM I tend to have a harder time against D/D Ele Moa Mesmers and good against thieves and warriors but it really depends on the build and the player skill. My only suggestion would be if your going MM in PvP go 2/0/6/6/0 if your minions can’t handle all the AOE then your going to have a real hard time and AOE is a giving with this current METAs. I played with a really fun build that focused on marks and was also 2/0/6/6/0 but I would have to go back and look for the whole build.

Necromancer Main

MM viable in sPvP?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

When I was first getting into ranked pvp I played a few games as MM. You can do pretty well holding a point and if your bone minions cooperate, do some pretty good damage.

But in bigger team fights, your minions go down fast, and then you dont have a whole lot to offer. I stopped playing the spec when a shortbow thief aggro’d all my minions off point, killed them all around a corner, and proceeded to wreck me.

So the moral of the story is, it lives by AI and dies by AI, and AI will only take you so far.

MM viable in sPvP?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

It is a pretty worse version of turret engie.

So know you how high (or rather low) you can aim with the build.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

MM viable in sPvP?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

As others have said, it can work. I run a hybrid condi-minion build that actually works quite well if I’m defending a point. The trouble comes if I’m forced to move around and try and cap points because that has a tendency to bug out my minions, who are my main source of healing and damage. (There is also a secondary bug linked to Flesh of the Master that instantly kills all your minions when you get downed.)

Until those bugs are fixed, I can’t really recommend running a MM build in PvP. I still do it, because I enjoy running minions, but I can’t recommend it, and especially not for Ranked PvP.

MM viable in sPvP?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

The bugs really cripple any MM build.

Necromancer Main

MM viable in sPvP?

in Necromancer

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

It’s trying to fill a role which is the polar opposite of what necs do – standing on point. It’s useless in every fight that’s bigger than 1v1, but works well on lower ratings.

MM viable in sPvP?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

Thanks for the replies so far.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”