Main Hand Dagger Condi

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Because if they add damaging condi (a real one, not self bleed to feed life siphon’s force), then they will gut something else.

Will they? It was only a couple patches ago that they gave thief’s shortbow massive across the board buffs with nothing taken away from the weapon, and that weapon was already meta in both WvW and sPvP.

I don’t understand why the necro forum is so afraid of asking for buffs, when every other class forum is constantly demands buffs, and often gets them.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

Because if they add damaging condi (a real one, not self bleed to feed life siphon’s force), then they will gut something else.

Will they? It was only a couple patches ago that they gave thief’s shortbow massive across the board buffs with nothing taken away from the weapon, and that weapon was already meta in both WvW and sPvP.

I don’t understand why the necro forum is so afraid of asking for buffs, when every other class forum is constantly demands buffs, and often gets them.

we are not afraid the problem is they don’t give us any and rarely we get a massive buff and 2 patch later or next patch is nerf to the ground.. that’s the problem
dagger need a massive buff on power and add cripple on the auto third hit to stay close is a power wep ( want tit hybrid add bleed or torment on the second) btw dagger off hand need life force gain somewhere

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

They are afraid of “power creep”, so instead of improve dagger under another aspect like condition damage they want a increased power damage, to make greatsword useless and make Scourge our best power build.
I really hope that the Reaper's rework will give us a competitive build

They don’t want candies cause are afraid that once eated they’ll not have anything left, while other professions are like candy shop owners and can take candies as they like.

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaladel.1670

Kaladel.1670

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Lol chill on auto attack. Now viable with reaper. Thanks, you’re done.

There isn’t anything new about that build … I can already make that build with Vanilla Dagger and Sigil of Ice. So again, chill on dagger auto doesn’t open up any build options we don’t already have. Perhaps you should think about what it means to be more effective vs. new options … you seem to have the two confused.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Lol chill on auto attack. Now viable with reaper. Thanks, you’re done.

There isn’t anything new about that build … I can already make that build with Vanilla Dagger and Sigil of Ice. So again, chill on dagger auto doesn’t open up any build options we don’t already have. Perhaps you should think about what it means to be more effective vs. new options … you seem to have the two confused.

Sigil has 10s cooldown. Nice try. You seem to not even know basic game mechanics.

I’m actually wasting my time here, because i have to explain everything to you, where as any other person would understand already, chill on auto means proccing deathly chill every 2.04s, which will be the fastest application of chill, and bleed, on any weapon we have. So yeah. Nice try.

(edited by Ramoth.9064)

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

It doesn’t matter … I can get Chill from multiple sources using a vanilla dagger as a Reaper so adding chill to a dagger auto doesn’t give me anything new. You’re claiming new builds open up by adding conditions to dagger as a reason vanilla dagger should change … but this example doesn’t show it; using chill with Reaper and a dagger isn’t new. Putting chill on dagger auto as a reaper is just a different source of chill … the build isn’t new at all. I asked you to show me these new builds. I guess I’m still waiting. Shouldn’t be hard … you’re telling me there are lots.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

It doesn’t matter … what you are proposing isn’t new. I asked for new builds, not more effective builds than the ones we have now.

Lol, deathly chill every 2 seconds on auto isn’t new? Can dagger do it now? It’s new. You’re done. You’re grasping now, and… It’s sad

Lol and speaking of waiting, what are your qualifications again?

(edited by Ramoth.9064)

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

The only way this should ever happen is if you have to trait for it and its incredibly minor because dagger already has a role Anet is trying to carve out for it.

Its probably far more likely they will just add stat combos to the game that would allow the weapon to fit into a scourge condi build like the grevious stats they have shows.

There has to be an opportunity cost somewhere somehow.

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

It doesn’t matter … what you are proposing isn’t new. I asked for new builds, not more effective builds than the ones we have now.

Lol, deathly chill every 2 seconds on auto isn’t new? Can dagger do it now? It’s new. You’re done. You’re grasping now, and… It’s sad

The chill on dagger auto is new … the build is not. I can make a dagger chill Reaper build with the things we have now. If the whole premise of the argument to add conditions to dagger is because it opens up new builds/options/whatever you want to call it, then you should at least genuinely present these new builds to justify that statement. You haven’t.

There is no grasping … putting chill on dagger doesn’t open up new builds if I can already make a dagger chill Reaper build with the things we have now. I haven’t asked you for anything difficult here; you claim new builds open up with condition buffed dagger … I want to know what they are. It doesn’t make sense to present builds we can already make.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Lol and speaking of waiting, what are your qualifications again?

The chill on dagger auto is new … the build is not. I can make a dagger chill Reaper build with the things we have now. If the whole premise of the argument to add conditions to dagger is because it opens up new builds/options/whatever you want to call it, then you should at least genuinely present these new builds to justify that statement. You haven’t.

It opens new options because you don’t need to supplement the application of chill with other utilities. From a PvP perspective, your choice of utilities are extremely limited to begin with as a condi spec, plague signet is staple, so is spectral armor, and you’re really left with suffer, and cttb, both of which apply chill but are not optimal.

From a wvw perspective, there is no downside to no-cd attached chill application

But in saying what you did it is obvious you have no fundamental experience in both those areas. Again, qualifications please? since you like throwing that phrase around.

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

That’s still not a new build option. That’s the same as claiming that adding Spectral Grasp on a Reaper chill build is a new build too. These are just variations of existing builds. Besides, I already told you my ask was about new builds, not increased efficiency or functionality. If I can make a dagger chill reaper build, then adding chill to dagger doesn’t open up new builds to me.

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

So your point is … if we don’t get weapon changes, the class will remain bad for organized PVE (I assume you mean raids?)

So you’re going to tell me that a condition-buffed dagger is the answer to that? Is that seriously what you are saying? That makes no sense. Getting a few condition applications on a dagger will NOT make necro any better an ‘organized raid’ class than it is now, or might be in the future with Scourge. It’s just too insignificant a change for that.

Even if weapon buffs ARE the answer to that, why have you concluded that the Dagger is the best weapon for that and that condi buffs are the best method on it? That again, makes no sense.

Lol, and as if adding chill to dagger auto wouldn’t improve its standing in raids. Fastest bleed application in the game.

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

I’m simply asking you to show what builds open up by adding conditions to dagger since you support the idea to add them because of this reason … certainly it’s not builds I can already make with the vanilla version of the same weapon.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I’m simply asking you to show what builds open up by adding conditions to dagger since you support the idea to add them because of this reason … certainly it’s not the builds I can already make.

1. You still haven’t given any sort of qualification.

2. Clearly, nothing will convince you because you can already equip a dagger in any build you like. Doesn’t mean it will be any good, but you are capable of doing it, so you will just say “I can do that already.” That’s called a heaping pile of bull.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

Clearly, nothing will convince you because you can already equip a dagger in any build you like. Doesn’t mean it will be any good, but you are capable of doing it, so you will just say “I can do that already.”

If you want to argue if any of these builds someone might present are useful options as well as being new options, that’s an even SMALLER group of builds; that only supports my argument that a condition buffed dagger isn’t all that good an idea to expand build diversity.

But don’t let that stop you … if you want to present a build that is new AND is useful because of a condition buff on dagger, I’d love to see it. Certainly, Chill Dagger Reaper isn’t it. I mean, if you want to believe that putting chill on a dagger somehow makes some new set of builds that you can’t get with vanilla dagger, that’s fine. I don’t think that fools any reasonable person. It’s a different way to chill for sure, but it’s not a new build concept.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

I’m simply asking you to show what builds open up by adding conditions to dagger

It would create builds that use dagger.

Right now dagger is just a really bad version of GS. There is no serious build in any game mode that uses the weapon. It offers nothing that isn’t done better by other weapons.

Moreover making it useable for condi builds would be great because right now condi builds are perpetually pinned to scepter since we have no other condi mainhand.

YouTube

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

I’m simply asking you to show what builds open up by adding conditions to dagger

I can already make a chill reaper build using the dagger as it is now; chill on AA isn’t not the only source of chill to make that build work. Is it as good as chill on AA? No, but that’s not the question being asked here. If the premise for the argument to add condi to dagger is that it opens up new builds, then adding chill to dagger for a Reaper build doesn’t demonstrate that.

I’ve already covered the discussion about ‘serious’ builds … condition-buffed dagger does not even come close to making one if that’s your angle. If you think adding a condition to dagger AA makes it a serious contender as a condi manhand weapon compared to Scepter, you’re just not paying attention to what it takes to make a good condi build on Necro.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

And thank you for proving my point.

Okay, we can all ignore Obtena now, since he clearly is not going to actually contribute to a debate.

I’m a Geeleiver

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

No you can make a underpowered noncompetitive reaper build with dagger.

And condi dagger would have a place in condi builds that would be otherwise starved for lifeforce, since scepter is the worst mainhand for LF generation. It would also give condi necro a weapon that has some sustain.

YouTube

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

And condi dagger would have a place in condi builds that would be otherwise starved for lifeforce, since scepter is the worst mainhand for LF generation. It would also give condi necro a weapon that has some sustain.

Let’s not get in the trap where improvement equals new. Yes, you can get those things with condi-buffed dagger. I’m not asking about improvement to current builds; that was not the reason people gave to condi buff dagger.

Again, all of those things are addressed by weapon swapping. I’ve already covered these points. The concept of the weapon and the ability to swap weapons as meaningful choices can’t be done away with because you don’t want to make meaningful choices or ignore weapon concepts.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

I can already make a chill reaper build using the dagger as it is now; chill on AA isn’t not the only source of chill to make that build work. Is it as good as chill on AA? No, but that’s not the question being asked here. If the premise for the argument to add condi to dagger is that it opens up new builds, then adding chill to dagger for a Reaper build doesn’t demonstrate that.

I’ve already covered the discussion about ‘serious’ builds … condition-buffed dagger does not even come close to making one if that’s your angle. If you think adding a condition to dagger AA makes it a serious contender as a condi manhand weapon compared to Scepter, you’re just not paying attention to what it takes to make a good condi build on Necro.

LOL. it demonstrates exactly that.

Chill on dagger will solve two things: it makes it harder to kite, which is something it suffers from, and it gives reaper a way to apply constant chill/bleed pressure. You can take your rune of the reaper, throw out 5 shouts for a chill burst, but none of that will amount as pressure, not to mention, a ridiculous way to waste cooldowns.

Applying utility chills while using a dagger is not a dagger applying chills. Talk about obtuse.

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Let’s not get in the trap where improvement equals new. Yes, you can get those things with condi-buffed dagger. I’m not asking about improvement to current builds; that was not the reason people gave to condi buff dagger.

Again, all of those things are addressed by weapon swapping. I’ve already covered these points. The concept of the weapon and the ability to swap weapons as meaningful choices can’t be done away with because you don’t want to make meaningful choices or ignore weapon concepts.

Lets not get into the trap of flying off on tangents nobody agrees with.

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

Dagger solving problems with current builds doesn’t show those builds are new; it simply demonstrates improvement to current builds … which in itself shows these builds aren’t new. This is not the premise that people argued for buffing dagger with conditions. It’s easily argued that those deficiencies provide meaningful points of choice for players when considering what they want to do. Again, you’re misinterpretation of what is meant by new builds vs. improved ones. I’m not here to argue that adding conditions to dagger makes it better; that goes without saying.

Lets not get into the trap of flying off on tangents nobody agrees with.

There needs no agreement; weapon swapping IS the method Anet provides players to make these choices to address some of the deficiencies with a single weapon builds. Anyone that thinks otherwise is not paying attention to how the game works.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Dagger solving problems with current builds doesn’t show those builds are new; it simply demonstrates improvement to current builds. This is not the premise that people argued for buffing dagger with conditions. It’s easily argued that those deficiencies provide meaningful points of choice for players when considering what they want to do. Again, you’re misinterpretation of what is meant by new builds vs. improved ones. I’m not here to argue that adding conditions to dagger makes it better; that goes without saying.

lol: your interpretation does not equal everyone else misinterpreting.

Actually, it means you’re just skewing the interpretation.

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

That doesn’t change what I’ve said … improving dagger builds we can currently make is not the same thing as opening up new builds we haven’t had before. If someone interprets that as a ‘new’ build, it is simply to suit their own purpose.

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

That doesn’t change what I’ve said … improving dagger builds we can currently make is not the same thing as opening up new builds we haven’t had before. If someone interprets that as a ‘new’ build, it is simply to suit their own purpose.

It changes everything you’ve said, you’ve just admitted to misinterpretation of what is being discussed.

Communication relies on the basis that all parties involved are speaking on the same grounds of understanding. So far, theres everyone in one room, and you’re in another building on another continent on planet uranus.

Nothing you’ve said so far has been met with any semblance of agreement, which doesnt mean you’re wrong, but seriously, nothing?

By your terms, the only thing you’d consider ‘new’ is if a whole new condition was invented, just to suit your claims. Which, lets face it, is grasping.

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

You are saying no one in this thread has agreed with me? I think you should go back and have a look at the thread. I’m simply asking for people justify their arguments so we have a good basis for a discussion. Right now we have people making up reasons that don’t make much sense. If there are builds that are opened up because of condi dagger, let’s see them. If you want to interpret ‘opened up’ as improved, then there isn’t much to discuss, because any condi buff to dagger is an improvement. Therefore, you can justify any buff to it because of that reason … clearly not a sound reason to buff anything in this game.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

You are saying no one in this thread has agreed with me? I think you should go back and have a look at the thread. I’m simply asking for people justify their argument, for good reason.

Its been justified, ad nauseum. You should go back and have a look at the thread.

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

The justification makes no sense … an improvement isn’t a justification to buff anything. That means every possible buff you can propose, no matter how ridiculous, makes sense and should be done? If that’s how you think, then you question my qualification? Apparently logic and reason is my qualification … Asking for buffs just because it will improve something makes no sense.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

You are saying no one in this thread has agreed with me? I think you should go back and have a look at the thread. I’m simply asking for people justify their arguments so we have a good basis for a discussion. Right now we have people making up reasons that don’t make much sense. If there are builds that are opened up because of condi dagger, let’s see them. If you want to interpret ‘opened up’ as improved, then there isn’t much to discuss, because any condi buff to dagger is an improvement. Therefore, you can justify any buff to it because of that reason … clearly not a sound reason to buff anything in this game.

Oh, sound reasons? And you know this because? Are you qualified? Qualifications please?

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

The justification makes no sense … an improvement isn’t a justification to buff anything. That means every possible buff you can propose, no matter how ridiculous, makes sense.

Its been justified by responding to the OP. It gives dagger a purpose, and covers its shortfalls of being kited.

Not to mention, you set the parameters of seeing what options it opens up, their was no reasoning or justifications requested. You’re shooting off on tangents. Again.

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

The justification makes no sense … an improvement isn’t a justification to buff anything. That means every possible buff you can propose, no matter how ridiculous, makes sense and should be done? If that’s how you think, then you question my qualification? Simply being reasonable is apparently enough to qualify me to dispute this suggestion.

You are the most unreasonable person in this forum, that’s not even necessary for dispute. All of your arguments divulge into a shifting of goalposts, deliberate misinterpretations and constant deflections.

Your pre-holiday discussion was ‘how would a condition make dagger do things it can’t do now’. It got answered, now you’re asking ‘how is that a reasonable justification?’

LOL

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

You assume dagger has no purpose and shouldn’t be able to be kited? That’s a poor assumption considering it’s the way dagger worked for the last 5 years and people have presented good ideas of what the purpose of dagger is. Maybe you feel it’s too significant a deficiency. Besides, you don’t actually make sense … a condition-buffed dagger would prevent it from being kited? … Um, no, it wouldn’t prevent that at all. That would depend very specifically on the buff and the scenario. In otherwords, a condi-buff wouldn’t be enough to address that concern.

I’m not setting any parameters; people said ‘new options’. That’s their words. I can only assume that if they meant ‘improvement’ that’s what they would have said. I specifically asked about what builds would be new; I have never strayed from that line. You want to make this about new things the dagger can do, I never asked that. I want to know what new builds a condi buffed dagger would present because that’s what people claimed a condi-buffed dagger would do.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

You assume dagger has no purpose and shouldn’t be able to be kited? That’s a poor assumption considering it’s the way dagger worked for the last 5 years and people have presented good ideas of what the purpose of dagger is.

I’m not setting any parameters; people said ‘new options’. That’s their words. I can only assume that if they meant ‘improvement’ that’s what they would have said.

No, YOU are saying they mean improvements, where as everyone else would see that if dagger got conditions that synergized with traits, it’d give them new options to make builds using dagger. case in point: Your deliberate misinterpretation

No one uses dagger to do anything competitive currently.

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

You assume dagger has no purpose and shouldn’t be able to be kited? That’s a poor assumption considering it’s the way dagger worked for the last 5 years and people have presented good ideas of what the purpose of dagger is. Maybe you feel it’s too significant a deficiency. Besides, you don’t actually make sense … a condition-buffed dagger would prevent it from being kited? … Um, no, it wouldn’t prevent that at all. That would depend very specifically on the buff and the scenario. In otherwords, a condi-buff wouldn’t be enough to address that concern.

I’m not setting any parameters; people said ‘new options’. That’s their words. I can only assume that if they meant ‘improvement’ that’s what they would have said. I specifically asked about what builds would be new; I have never strayed from that line. You want to make this about new things the dagger can do, I never asked that. I want to know what new builds a condi buffed dagger would present because that’s what people claimed a condi-buffed dagger would do.

Did i say prevent? Nope. Good try though.

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

The option to use a dagger to make a chill reaper isn’t ‘new’ though … I can do that now. It’s not even an all that unreasonable build … not much more unreasonable than a GS chill reaper build is. Is it competitive? That wasn’t the claim people made … to the ADVANTAGE of people arguing for condi-buffs on dagger. if you want to talk about making dagger competitive with a condi-buff, I think you got a big problem there.

It’s not an unreasonable ask here; if condi-buffing a dagger opens up new build for people, what are they? There isn’t any ambiguity in that ask … I think it’s pretty clear what is meant by ‘new builds’. If I can make a chill dagger reaper build, then adding chill to reaper doesn’t make chill dagger reaper builds a ‘new option’ to me.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

The option to use a dagger to make a chill reaper isn’t ‘new’ though … I can do that now.

Yeah, and every weapon can apply quickness. LOL

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

If you were running a condi reaper build, you wouldn’t use dagger. End of story, theres no debate necessary for that.

If dagger applied chill, you COULD use dagger, thanks to deathly chill, and the fast attack speed. There, you would have a supplementary weapon that applies condition damage, and has the added advantage of faster LF. You could run scepter and dagger,

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If you were running a condi reaper build, you wouldn’t use dagger. End of story, theres no debate necessary for that.

If dagger applied chill, you COULD use dagger, thanks to deathly chill, and the fast attack speed. There, you would have a supplementary weapon that applies condition damage, and has the added advantage of faster LF. You could run scepter and dagger,

But…but…I can already run Scepter and dagger mainhands… See! You’re not making any new builds!

I’m a Geeleiver

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Obtena.7952

If dagger applied chill, you COULD use dagger, thanks to deathly chill, and the fast attack speed. There, you would have a supplementary weapon that applies condition damage, and has the added advantage of faster LF.

That doesn’t change what I’m saying; applying chill in reaper and using a dagger isn’t unique to a chill-buffed dagger so it’s not a new build option. Therefore, it’s not a good example of how adding a condition to dagger opens up new builds.

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

If dagger applied chill, you COULD use dagger, thanks to deathly chill, and the fast attack speed. There, you would have a supplementary weapon that applies condition damage, and has the added advantage of faster LF.

That doesn’t change what I’m saying; applying chill in reaper and using a dagger isn’t unique to a chill-buffed dagger so it’s not a new build option. Therefore, it’s not a good example of how adding a condition to dagger opens up new builds.

I don’t care what you’re saying at this point because all you’re doing is purposely misinterpreting. I’m telling you 1+1=2, in response to the discussions started by the OP and you’re responding with ‘but whats the price of bread on tuesday?’

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

What happened to just increasing dagger AA damage? About 15% would be a good start. Right now, dagger and great sword AA are roughly similar but great sword cleaves more, has chill on the third hit, and a larger radius, in addition to Gravedigger’s 50% health dps.

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

tbh while I believe putting a condi on dagger would be great, chill is not the one.

Putting chill on dagger only really synergizes with Reaper, it does nothing for scourge and little for core necro.

The dagger AA should apply bleeding on the 2nd and 3rd auto chain, and dagger #3 should have a lower cast time to make it more reliable to land.

YouTube

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaladel.1670

Kaladel.1670

tbh while I believe putting a condi on dagger would be great, chill is not the one.

Putting chill on dagger only really synergizes with Reaper, it does nothing for scourge and little for core necro.

The dagger AA should apply bleeding on the 2nd and 3rd auto chain, and dagger #3 should have a lower cast time to make it more reliable to land.

+1
This is on par with thief dagger, consistent with the other skills on necro dagger and reasonable.

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I’d still opt for torment, just because its pretty much the main scourge condition (and burning would be a bit much).

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

I’d still opt for torment, just because its pretty much the main scourge condition (and burning would be a bit much).

I can’t really picture a weapon that does Immobilize having Torment.

I would rather have a mix of Bleeding and Poison on Mainhand Dagger.

The arguing in this thread has really done nothing, and seems to mainly be from one person now. I don’t know if Obtena is trolling again or what. They have had a long presence of doing things like this in threads in the past. I just ignore them now.

This thread is just a game suggestion that makes sense. Arguing back and forth attacking other people’s ideas does nothing. At least I see more agreement in the thread.

The reason I want a mix of Bleeding and Poison is because I don’t want Mainhand Dagger to be the most powerful Condition weapon. I’d be fine with just Poison.

The only problem I could see from suggesting this, is making camping Mainhand Dagger more powerful than Scepter. I don’t want it to be stronger. I just want it to do a bit more damage, so the loss of switching to it for Life Force isn’t as big of a loss. I think Mainhand Dagger is also the best weapon to add a Condition to for us.

Even if they never do this, I’d want Life Force on Scepter auto at least. I’m just hoping they add a Condition to Mainhand Dagger because the playstyle when testing was so fun. It was the most fun I’ve had in a while on Necromancer. I loved switching from Scepter/Dagger to Dagger/Torch. It was actually using a weapon instead of just abusing it for Combo Fields like with the Greatsword.

I just hope Devs read threads like these.

(edited by Kam.4092)

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

I can’t really picture a weapon that does Immobilize having Torment.

I would rather have a mix of Bleeding and Poison on Mainhand Dagger.

The arguing in this thread has really done nothing, and seems to mainly be from one person now. I don’t know if Obtena is trolling again or what. They have had a long presence of doing things like this in threads in the past. I just ignore them now.

This thread is just a game suggestion that makes sense. Arguing back and forth attacking other people’s ideas does nothing. At least I see more agreement in the thread.

The reason I want a mix of Bleeding and Poison is because I don’t want Mainhand Dagger to be the most powerful Condition weapon. I’d be fine with just Poison.

The only problem I could see from suggesting this, is making camping Mainhand Dagger more powerful than Scepter. I don’t want it to be stronger. I just want it to do a bit more damage, so the loss of switching to it for Life Force isn’t as big of a loss. I think Mainhand Dagger is also the best weapon to add a Condition to for us.

Even if they never do this, I’d want Life Force on Scepter auto at least. I’m just hoping they add a Condition to Mainhand Dagger because the playstyle when testing was so fun. It was the most fun I’ve had in a while on Necromancer. I loved switching from Scepter/Dagger to Dagger/Torch. It was actually using a weapon instead of just abusing it for Combo Fields like with the Greatsword.

I just hope Devs read threads like these.

It’s in anet’s interests to be honest, since they aren’t a fan of camping a single weapon set.

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

It’s scourge’s main condi, but dagger isn’t the scourge weapon. Dagger is a core weapon and should be equally useable by all specs.

Bleeding is equally valuable to core, reaper, and scourge. Moreover bleeding has better internal synergy with the dagger toolkit because of how dagger #2 works. It also makes sense thematically because you’re stabbing someone with a knife (or biting in the case of the #3 auto) which would be a bleeding wound.

Torment however does not have any synergy with any other dagger skill, and moreover has no synergy with anything on reaper or core. It also doesn’t make much sense for the weapon thematically either.

YouTube

Main Hand Dagger Condi

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

It’s scourge’s main condi, but dagger isn’t the scourge weapon. Dagger is a core weapon and should be equally useable by all specs.

Bleeding is equally valuable to core, reaper, and scourge. Moreover bleeding has better internal synergy with the dagger toolkit because of how dagger #2 works. It also makes sense thematically because you’re stabbing someone with a knife (or biting in the case of the #3 auto) which would be a bleeding wound.

Torment however does not have any synergy with any other dagger skill, and moreover has no synergy with anything on reaper or core. It also doesn’t make much sense for the weapon thematically either.

Yeah you’re right there, fair point well made. What do you think the amounts should be, if they were to add?