Make "Chill to the bone" blind immune!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

I think having 90 sec elite that can be canceled easly by the easy applying blind ruins the whole point of it. At least give us the stab and enemies the chill upon finishing the animation.There is no logic that an attack that is not require aiming and the point of that attack is to strike any of the sorroundings enemies regardless where they at would be avoided by simply apply blind.

I know that if you gonna make that skill blind immune there are similar skills that should have blinb immune, like warrior gs burst skill but it is not an elite with 90s cd. I thnik you should make an exception for elites since the long cd they have.

(edited by Sandrox.9524)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

It’s a skill that can single-handedly turn a fight around. Given you can’t LoS it or stealth away, blinding is fair. Remember, you do have the option of using something like “Suffer!” mid-cast to clear Blind.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

It’s a skill that can single-handedly turn a fight around. Given you can’t LoS it or stealth away, blinding is fair. Remember, you do have the option of using something like “Suffer!” mid-cast to clear Blind.

or i can use “suffer” to clean 5 stacks of confusion…..using “suffer” is not a solution.
This skill is already very obvious to dodge/inturrpt and it s got long cd so yeah blinding it easly is way way overkill to a skill that already is so obvious to dodge.

That skills is not that strong. with simple stun break you can avoid it and it is elite.

(edited by Sandrox.9524)

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

or i can use “suffer” to clean 5 stacks of confusion…..using “suffer” is not a solution.

False, it is just a solution you don’t like. You could also use plague signet, weapon cancel when you get blinded, or use a shout with soldier runes equipped. You probably won’t like those either.

This skill is already very obvious to dodge/inturrpt and it s got long cd so yeah blinding it easly is way way overkill to a skill that already is so obvious to dodge.

Oh noes, you have to use it intelligently instead of spamming it when you want. I’m so sorry, why don’t we just give you an I win button.

That skills is not that strong. with simple stun break you can avoid it and it is elite.

Again, the skill should have counterplay. A simple stun break means that the person you are fighting is out a stunbreak, is still chilled, meanwhile you have stab.

No way in hell is a 2 second stun that applies a long chill, and grants stab in a massive aoe is weak.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

False, it is just a solution you don’t like. You could also use plague signet, weapon cancel when you get blinded, or use a shout with soldier runes equipped. You probably won’t like those either.

Oh noes, you have to use it intelligently instead of spamming it when you want. I’m so sorry, why don’t we just give you an I win button.

Again, the skill should have counterplay. A simple stun break means that the person you are fighting is out a stunbreak, is still chilled, meanwhile you have stab.

No way in hell is a 2 second stun that applies a long chill, and grants stab in a massive aoe is weak.

Plus, I am pretty sure you can’t stun break Chilled to the Bone. And it’s not like the damage portion of it is weak either.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

You can stun break Chill to the Bone, but in no way is this skill weak. There is no reason whatsoever for this skill to be immune to blinds. You’re just going to have to learn to pay more attention when using it. I myself have no issues at all landing Chill to the Bone.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

It used to apply an unstunbreakable effect, as did executioner’s scythe. They fixed that pretty quickly.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

Oh I know how to use it and I didnt said it is weak hence why it is elite, but the fact that applying blind as counterplay to it is so easy more than intrupt and with no logic with the way the skill is/work.
I didnt complained about the stunbreak, It should be counterplayed and stunbreak should counter it.I just question the need for the extra counterplay in the form of blind and blind alone.
I am using it myself infact been using it since the first time it was playable, It just feels off when inteligent mesmer,thief,engi,guard,ele sees you do it they apply blind in the last second which you cant cancel and you feel like a fool.

ofc I dont like those options, for a mere elite I wont change my whole build and furthmore, wasting skills for it. There is no point in wasting suffer or plague signet for blind alone more so when blind is pratcially spammable and the above not so.

And seriously learn to comment, no need for childish internet hate/sarcasm.

(edited by Sandrox.9524)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

“Chilled to the bone” can also be blocked and evaded, which I think is silly. It has such a long cast time that even a blind monkey could avoid it with a dodge roll.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

“Chilled to the bone” can also be blocked and evaded, which I think is silly. It has such a long cast time that even a blind monkey could avoid it with a dodge roll.

Which is why I never pop it at the beginning of a fight

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

It doesn’t need blind immunity, but it should grant a 2 stack stability as a base upon cast completion + the additional stacks per target hit.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Pre HoT classes with a CC as an elite:
Thief

HoT elite specs with CC as an elite:
Mesmer
Thief
Necro
Warrior
Guardian

The game is already experiencing an overabundance of CC and power creep. And you want to make it worse by making CTTB require zero thought to use?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Use Locust Swarm before casting important abilities. Unless you’re standing in blinding field, Locust usually gets rid of any blind very quickly.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Thief

Mesmer
Thief
Necro
Warrior
Guardian

The game is already experiencing an overabundance of CC and power creep. And you want to make it worse by making CTTB require zero thought to use?

Flesh Golem has CC, Lich Form has CC. Mesmer kind of has CC with the Moa Signet. Just saying.

in Necromancer

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

I don’t get why people complain about wasting skills when blinded. That’s kind of the point of the condition.

Thief

Mesmer
Thief
Necro
Warrior
Guardian

Pre-HoT:
You forgot engineer; stun on Supply Crate, All kinds of CC with Elixir X (By extension, Ele too, since one of the outcomes is the ele elite.)

Post HoT:
stealth gyro dazes on death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

I think having 90 sec elite that can be canceled easly by the easy applying blind ruins the whole point of it.

Finally someone else is saying it. If i designed it, i would have made it a channeling skill that continuously pulls anything within a radius of 750 or 900 for up to 5 seconds

Well, 5 targets probably…

(edited by Ragion.2831)

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

It doesn’t need blind immunity, but it should grant a 2 stack stability as a base upon cast completion + the additional stacks per target hit.

Would be satisfied with that really.

Thief

Mesmer
Thief
Necro
Warrior
Guardian

Mesmer-> one blind wont effect the skill.
thief->low cd elite.
Warrior->low cd elite.
Guardian->one blind wont effect the skill.
engineer supply crate->blind wont effect the skill much
necro flash golem-> if you be able to blind him fine – he still there to hurt you.
necro lich->ppl dont choose this skill for its CC.

some skills like moa morph or CTTB should be granted blind immunity imo or at least an effect that gives somthing upon casting….and CTTB still very obvious to dodge/block/evade/just walking a bit away so it is still need thought to use it. Blind imo is overkill. Again not saying this skill is not strong though blind make it a bit less so and with no logic behind it since this skill animation,description and intend, is no aim just freeze anyone blindly in the sorroundings.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morgan.5170

Morgan.5170

I think blinding on a self targeted aoe is unrealistic. Its like putting a blindfold on a suicide bomber and expecting to live while standing 3 feet away. Blind should target drop the same as stealth and blackout the screen, allowing for wild casts that could still hit or miss completely.

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

I think blinding on a self targeted aoe is unrealistic. Its like putting a blindfold on a suicide bomber and expecting to live while standing 3 feet away. Blind should target drop the same as stealth and blackout the screen, allowing for wild casts that could still hit or miss completely.

lol that would be cool if the screen get blackout haha . but my point

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

It is unrealistic, that enemies are able to dodge and blind my engineers bomb explosion. That doesn’t mean bomb kit should get undodgeable or immune to blind.

Blind on CTTB is fine, it is a really strong skill and you just have to pay attention if you are using it (like many others already said).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

CTTB could use a cooldown reduction and retal imho but not blind immune

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: JEFFARR.8163

JEFFARR.8163

It’s easy land it just requires positioning.
L2p issue

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tadsoul.6951

Tadsoul.6951

Would be satisfied with that really.

Thief

Mesmer
Thief
Necro
Warrior
Guardian

Mesmer-> one blind wont effect the skill.
thief->low cd elite.
Warrior->low cd elite.
Guardian->one blind wont effect the skill.
engineer supply crate->blind wont effect the skill much
necro flash golem-> if you be able to blind him fine – he still there to hurt you.
necro lich->ppl dont choose this skill for its CC.

some skills like moa morph or CTTB should be granted blind immunity imo or at least an effect that gives somthing upon casting….and CTTB still very obvious to dodge/block/evade/just walking a bit away so it is still need thought to use it. Blind imo is overkill. Again not saying this skill is not strong though blind make it a bit less so and with no logic behind it since this skill animation,description and intend, is no aim just freeze anyone blindly in the sorroundings.

I used lich form for two reason
1. the cc
2. stability + the damage
since stab changes i have stopped using lich

blind should remain effective vs those skills

in Necromancer

Kodama.6453

Because the 90s cd get mentioned so often: there also is a trait which will lower the cd to 84s if 1 target is hit with it and to 58,5s if 5 targets get hit. This makes this elite skill perfect for team fights.

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

It is unrealistic, that enemies are able to dodge and blind my engineers bomb explosion. That doesn’t mean bomb kit should get undodgeable or immune to blind.

Blind on CTTB is fine, it is a really strong skill and you just have to pay attention if you are using it (like many others already said).

Well, realistic thing aside, bomb kit is spammable and not an elite and blind wont affect it as much. The realistic argument is just another thing but the main issue is that you have an elite that in high play is not worth having.

It’s easy land it just requires positioning.
L2p issue

easy to land is a matter of the question since it depends on many factors such as the ability to do it without problmes and every thing that can counters it make it alot and alot harder so “easy to land” refer to skills such as insta-unblockable skills while it get harder and harder the more thing that can counter the skills. for example adding cast time, make it blockable, evadable, interruptable and how it is affected by blind . and then comes the range factors,and AoE capablities, so easy to land its not. Learn to play issue is not even related to this topic since it is not about landing it, it is about how easy it can be avoided regardless what you do.

Comments like “press the keyboard faster”, “use the mouse”, “open the eyes”, “use positioning” does not matter the entire skill depends how ther other guy react since one blind is enough to cancel it ENTIRELY.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Slapinator.4196

Slapinator.4196

A blind can cancel almost any skill in the game despite the cooldown or the cast time or whatever, how making Chilled to the bone blind immune, would make the game more balanced.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Morgan.5170

Morgan.5170

All self-targeted aoes should be immune to blind. The stronger ones (with or without enemy components) still have a cast time which makes them vulnerable to interrupts. There’s your counter-play. Ranged aoe’s I can let slide.

Missing a cast centered on yourself makes little sense. Blinding a guardian doesn’t make his Retreat! go on cooldown with no swiftness to himself. There’s a double standard here if you can’t even receive the boons.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraav.8136

Kraav.8136

As stated by multiple other users:

This elite is balanced as currently implemented.

in Necromancer

Kodama.6453

All self-targeted aoes should be immune to blind. The stronger ones (with or without enemy components) still have a cast time which makes them vulnerable to interrupts. There’s your counter-play. Ranged aoe’s I can let slide.

Missing a cast centered on yourself makes little sense. Blinding a guardian doesn’t make his Retreat! go on cooldown with no swiftness to himself. There’s a double standard here if you can’t even receive the boons.

It is no double standard, these 2 shouts just work differently. “Retreat!” gives aegis and swiftness to allies in range. CTTB is a damaging shout, which also stuns and chills and will give stability for each enemy hit by it. If you get blinded, you didn’t hit anyone and so you get stability * 0 = 0

They are just different. You can’t blind a druids heal, because this is an effect for his allies. CTTB is no effect for allies, it is an offensive effect.

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

It is no double standard, these 2 shouts just work differently. “Retreat!” gives aegis and swiftness to allies in range. CTTB is a damaging shout, which also stuns and chills and will give stability for each enemy hit by it. If you get blinded, you didn’t hit anyone and so you get stability * 0 = 0

They are just different. You can’t blind a druids heal, because this is an effect for his allies. CTTB is no effect for allies, it is an offensive effect.

Only necros got offensive shouts…

“On my Mark” warrior shout still hit when you are blinded…. so tell me why not CTTB stab on use? I understand the dmg portion of it but the stab should be there. And the chill for that matter.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

“On my Mark” warrior shout still hit when you are blinded…. so tell me why not CTTB stab on use? I understand the dmg portion of it but the stab should be there. And the chill for that matter.

“Feel the Burn,” “Flash Freeze,” and “Aftershock” would all like to have a word with you.

The fact is, yes, Blind is counterplay to Chilled to the Bone. But you also have options to counterplay that counterplay. It’s hardly wasting a skill if it ensures your Elite lands.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

“Feel the Burn,” “Flash Freeze,” and “Aftershock” would all like to have a word with you.

The fact is, yes, Blind is counterplay to Chilled to the Bone. But you also have options to counterplay that counterplay. It’s hardly wasting a skill if it ensures your Elite lands.

Yeah totally forgot about tempests shouts.but none high risk for blind or long cd.

You just using 2 skills for one. I’d say that somthing wrong.and even if you use it nothing would say it will not be up again since it is somtimes spammable.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MadCatSadPet.7649

MadCatSadPet.7649

Chilled to the Bone is not a panic button like the current Facet of Light or the dozens of invulns and blocks out there. ( though it can work that way against scrubs )

I usually only use it in the middle of a teamfight when I think it has a chance of landing or bait out all other dodges before using it. Granted, it’s hard to catch someone ( who’s not braindead ) with that shout in 1v1. Still very powerful though!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Piotr.3261

Piotr.3261

It’s a l2p issue from Your side. Just learn to stow Your weapon and You are good in 90% of situation.

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

It’s a l2p issue from Your side. Just learn to stow Your weapon and You are good in 90% of situation.

Again. stowing weapon can do much when blind can be applied in the last sec. it works well when baiting dodges/blocks but not easy access blind im afraid.

in Necromancer

Piotr.3261

cast time is 1,5 sec and You can cancel it even at the last milliseconds, You need to have quick reaction and that’s why I wrote it works in 90%.

See how ridiculous is Your request “immune to blind” yeah like that even would happen. Beside that lots of skills can be blinded that is why You need to secure Your cast, You can use warhorn 5 to get rid off blind before casting CttB, LoS since the this elite don’t need it to hit target, use plaque signet while casting CttB

Peace

(edited by Piotr.3261)

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

I will offer to trade rebound for the chilled to the bone, any takers?

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

cast time is 1,5 sec and You can cancel it even at the last milliseconds, You need to have quick reaction and that’s why I wrote it works in 90%.

See how ridiculous is Your request “immune to blind” yeah like that even would happen. Beside that lots of skills can be blinded that is why You need to secure Your cast, You can use warhorn 5 to get rid off blind before casting CttB, LoS since the this elite don’t need it to hit target, use plaque signet while casting CttB

Peace

more like work 10% of the time really maybe try using this skill on high level pvp? you’d think it is easy to land(judging by your very tested and reserched 90% working chance) but as time pass by ppl get to know this skill and know how to react to it it may be powerfull at start but now every player knows that blind wis the key against it and just use it right when you attack you have no chance to cancel it cuz by the time you see blind status you already using the skill mate.

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

Only if you trade earth armor with signet of undeath

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Why trade one of the best utilities on ele for one of the worst on necro? Of course that isn’t a fair trade how about plauge signet for cleansing fire two of the best utilities for each.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Necromancer

Piotr.3261

Peace

more like work 10% of the time really maybe try using this skill on high level pvp? you’d think it is easy to land(judging by your very tested and reserched 90% working chance) but as time pass by ppl get to know this skill and know how to react to it it may be powerfull at start but now every player knows that blind wis the key against it and just use it right when you attack you have no chance to cancel it cuz by the time you see blind status you already using the skill mate.

Omg mate You rly have some issues, I’m gonna end my conversation here since You won’t take any advice and I don’t know if You are just trolling or something…

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

Why trade one of the best utilities on ele for one of the worst on necro? Of course that isn’t a fair trade how about plauge signet for cleansing fire two of the best utilities for each.

was just overexaggerating on purpose :P

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

Peace

Omg mate You rly have some issues, I’m gonna end my conversation here since You won’t take any advice and I don’t know if You are just trolling or something…

Wait..was there any advice? :O

Why you ignoring this? it is a valid conversation and I was looking for reply from you(well knowledgable reply and not hate one but ok)

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Yeah totally forgot about tempests shouts.but none high risk for blind or long cd.

You just using 2 skills for one. I’d say that somthing wrong.and even if you use it nothing would say it will not be up again since it is somtimes spammable.

If you don’t want to do anything to make sure your elite skill lands and expect it to land anyway, that is completely on you. Elite skills are powerful, but none can be used without thought and be effective. You have four skill options to clear Blind mid-cast on CttB (Rise, Suffer, You are All Weaklings, Plague Signet). They can each be used at the very end of the cast time to clear Blind off and ensure it doesn’t spoil your elite. Locust Swarm is a strong option to clear Blind as well, albeit less precise. Most pulsing Blinds in PvP are 1 Blind/2 seconds (Black Powder and Nightfall), which means Locust Swarm is usually more than enough to clear Blind.

Chilled to the Bone needs no changes in relation to Blind. Your own play does.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

If you don’t want to do anything to make sure your elite skill lands and expect it to land anyway, that is completely on you. Elite skills are powerful, but none can be used without thought and be effective. You have four skill options to clear Blind mid-cast on CttB (Rise, Suffer, You are All Weaklings, Plague Signet). They can each be used at the very end of the cast time to clear Blind off and ensure it doesn’t spoil your elite. Locust Swarm is a strong option to clear Blind as well, albeit less precise. Most pulsing Blinds in PvP are 1 Blind/2 seconds (Black Powder and Nightfall), which means Locust Swarm is usually more than enough to clear Blind.

CTTB is already hard to land skill even without blind since the obvious animation and cast-time. What you suggested already been tested and tried, yet you never excpect blind so what you gonna do? everytime you fight blind-able class you use the elite with one of the other shouts as follows? what if the guy wont blind you and will just dodge or evade or block or run away from the range of the skill? you can never know what will do in that milisecond you use that skill. so it is either you wasted utility skill or you used two skills to ensure it hits. Either way I think it is too much effort for one skill. Dont get me wrong, I outplay players with it and my play with it is very good hence why im using it, but there is a difference in fighting sheep and fighting wolves, and wolves know your class, know your skills, know what to do and it is natural, but for a 90 sec elite skill to do nothing while warrior shout that even in its title it says on MY MARK and with blind it still hits, you wonder why ppl dont get at least the chill from the skill or we dont get stab.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

So if they don’t Blind you, don’t use the blind clear! It really is that easy.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Not only this ^^, but, from everything else above, it sounds like you (OP) are mostly trying to use CttB as a def3nsive skill in a team fight. That is not really where it excels in these ‘high tier’ teamfights you’re referring. It is, however, absolutely excellent at turning the tides in a teamfight with any kind of communication ‘leet play’, for a total lack of better words. These "blinds at the ‘last second’ (still time to clear) aren’t a top tier tactic for canceling long cast skills. Granted a pro with great cooldown/initiative management (yeah right, we know it’s not Thieves right now :/) could render this skill useless every time, I’m more prone to think it’s your unwillingness to burn Plague Signet to make sure CttB lands. The funny thing is, it’s not even about the transfer. It’s more about picking up random conditions (with a random clear mostly) from up to 1200 units. Yes this burns one of your stunbreak which are so important to a Necro, but it also increases your chance of landing CttB (depending on the enemy comp) multiple times over. Can ANYONE in the Meta claim they’d prefer not to clear a couple condis themselves vs. a 2 sec AoE stun/chil/vuln+dodge/stunbreak burn? I think you’re underestimating how strong this skill can be in a teamfight. In fact, sometimes, in a teamfight where the outcome is dire, I’ll prefer to burn Plague and Locust b/c of how strong it can be. Team rezzes’? Sorry bro…etc.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

I think having 90 sec elite that can be canceled easly by the easy applying blind ruins the whole point of it. At least give us the stab upon finishing the animation.There is no logic that an attack that is not require aiming and the point of that attack is to strike any of the sorroundings enemies regardless where they at would be avoided by simply apply blind.

I know that if you gonna make that skill blind immune there are similar skills that should have blinb immune, like warrior gs burst skill but it is not an elite with 90s cd. I thnik you should make an exception for elites since the long cd they have.

Stop complaing. You know how hard it is to land Impact Stike of my Thief because of all the stab being thrown around? If you want your skill to be immune to blind then have Anet make Impact Strike a guaranteed daze.

in Necromancer

Sandrox.9524

I think having 90 sec elite that can be canceled easly by the easy applying blind ruins the whole point of it. At least give us the stab upon finishing the animation.There is no logic that an attack that is not require aiming and the point of that attack is to strike any of the sorroundings enemies regardless where they at would be avoided by simply apply blind.

Stop complaing. You know how hard it is to land Impact Stike of my Thief because of all the stab being thrown around? If you want your skill to be immune to blind then have Anet make Impact Strike a guaranteed daze.

As thief main, I know.
though this skill is 40 sec cd more than a half cd than CTTB

So if they don’t Blind you, don’t use the blind clear! It really is that easy.

You dont know if they will blind you in the last sec so your only option is to use somthing else in the last second too to secure it
you see when the animation is when you see the hands of the character up that is when ppl blind they know and when the hand is up the skill is about 0.0001 sec to finish it jsut that easy to blind the hands raised is like saying “here blind me now”
you cant avoid the blind unless you prematurely use another shout and that is guessing.

Not only this ^^, but, from everything else above, it sounds like you (OP) are mostly trying to use CttB as a def3nsive skill in a team fight. That is not really where it excels in these ‘high tier’ teamfights you’re referring. It is, however, absolutely excellent at turning the tides in a teamfight with any kind of communication ‘leet play’, for a total lack of better words. These "blinds at the ‘last second’ (still time to clear) aren’t a top tier tactic for canceling long cast skills. Granted a pro with great cooldown/initiative management (yeah right, we know it’s not Thieves right now :/) could render this skill useless every time, I’m more prone to think it’s your unwillingness to burn Plague Signet to make sure CttB lands. The funny thing is, it’s not even about the transfer. It’s more about picking up random conditions (with a random clear mostly) from up to 1200 units. Yes this burns one of your stunbreak which are so important to a Necro, but it also increases your chance of landing CttB (depending on the enemy comp) multiple times over. Can ANYONE in the Meta claim they’d prefer not to clear a couple condis themselves vs. a 2 sec AoE stun/chil/vuln+dodge/stunbreak burn? I think you’re underestimating how strong this skill can be in a teamfight. In fact, sometimes, in a teamfight where the outcome is dire, I’ll prefer to burn Plague and Locust b/c of how strong it can be. Team rezzes’? Sorry bro…etc.

I do feel it is like burning other utilities, especially when plague signet is my top condi cleanse. I mean I understand how OP it can if it will be completly immune to blind. What im asking is at least give us somthing for using this skill, like chill to enemies or stab to us.

After disucssing with you guys, I really appreciate your replys and I changed OP to at least give us the stab and enemy chill upon finishing the animation. seems fair to me.

(edited by Sandrox.9524)

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Yeah no. All of those blinds have animations you can see. The only blinds that don’t are currently not used in PvP due to other parts of the skill being weak.

All I’m really getting from your arguments is that you want the skill harder to avoid because you don’t have good awareness.

I’m a Geeleiver