Make DS Cooldown Start on entrance

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

By making the cooldown start when you enter deathshroud instead of when leaving deathshroud, the clunkiness of the mechanic would be significantly reduced. Traits like that proc when entering or exiting DS would become far more desirable. It would also make our profession mechanic feel more like a mechanic and less like a transform (if they also let us do intractables in DS that’d be great too).

Does anyone have thoughts on this? Would it be op to be able to spam out of deathshroud and back in with traits like Deathly Invigoration? If your completely against this idea, Why?

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Am I against it? No. I’d love it. In fact, it does work like this if you let your LF run out naturally. But I’m sure it would shake up balance a bit and I guarantee there would be tears, so it’ll never happen. Necro is one of the least popular classes, thus they get the least special attention.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

Like ronpierce said it is already possible due to a bug, and yes you can enter DS almost a second after you entered this way (use of spectal grasp).
On topic I’m even for no cooldown on DS, since we already limited by a life force restriction of 10%, but with an ICD “on entering DS traits” and “on leaving DS traits”.

EverythingOP

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

This introduces balance issues, not to mention it really hampers counterplay and doesn’t add any really interesting play on its own. Basically all that happens now is that DS has to be bursted through immediately, to actually give the necro a period of weakness (the 10s for them to build up more LF), or the necro will just sit in DS until their LF generation CDs are up, blow all of them quickly, hop right back in to DS.

I’m against this because of the inevitable nerfs that would come along with it, especially with the new trait coming. It just isn’t worth making DS worse than it is now.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

This introduces balance issues, not to mention it really hampers counterplay and doesn’t add any really interesting play on its own. Basically all that happens now is that DS has to be bursted through immediately, to actually give the necro a period of weakness (the 10s for them to build up more LF), or the necro will just sit in DS until their LF generation CDs are up, blow all of them quickly, hop right back in to DS.

I’m against this because of the inevitable nerfs that would come along with it, especially with the new trait coming. It just isn’t worth making DS worse than it is now.

I disagree, but I still feel that on entrance cooldown should be a trait and not just something for free.

Me and others have already suggested modifying close to death so it functions this way instead of reducing DS cooldown, which might allow some better on entering DS traits since the minimum possible cooldown for them would be a static 10 seconds.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

The real reason I have issues with the current system is that anet claims they want us to stay in deathshroud, and the new traits support that idea. The problem with that is we have at least 5 traits that only apply when entering or leaving deathshroud. The best example is foot in the grave. You have to trade off having high stability uptime for the mechanic that is supposed to be our sustain. That’s a trade off that classes with good sustain never have to make (Guardian and Warrior).

To give necros that kind of sustain, which they should have considering we have far and away the highest health pool, and are supposed to be the attrition class. So either all the on enter/exit ds traits should activate on enter and exit with an ic, or they should implement what i suggested above. If you disagree with this then please answer the following question:

Do you currently think it is fair that we have to trade high up time on fury, stability, and retaliation for what is supposed to be our sustain mechanic? If so how would you go about implementing a fix for this? Otherwise why not?

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

Like ronpierce said it is already possible due to a bug, and yes you can enter DS almost a second after you entered this way (use of spectal grasp).
On topic I’m even for no cooldown on DS, since we already limited by a life force restriction of 10%, but with an ICD “on entering DS traits” and “on leaving DS traits”.

I’ve also considered this, but then I wonder if DS becomes a weaker version of engineer kits. I also realize that when you lose all LF you can re enter if you gain more than 10% instantly. The problem with that is that it is a bug, and there is another bug where you lose more health then you should when someone attacks you with an attack that would remove the last of your life force.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Those traits are gated by that. The only thing that keeps those traits from being ridiculous is the fact that you put yourself in so much danger by just flashing, instead of using DS defensively.

I don’t see a single meaningful thing this actually adds that can’t be done another way (like introducing more traits to make DS/our active defense stronger), while at the same time it introduces at least a few issues. Also, I’m almost always against flat buffs to an entire class. It just introduces issues, especially in a case like this where the buff only exists to make the class easier to play/removes counterplay. If you want DS to be stronger, I’m all for traits/skills to do it, but I dislike this, not to mention it is very unlikely to ever happen.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I’d welcome some utility skills from 6-0 for Death Shroud.
Maybe using Life Force now to activate or something.
Because, honestly, apart from DS power builds, Shroud functions as a health shield and you can’t do anything more meaningful than just rotate through skills and spam #1. Some good utilities using LF as a source would be cool.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

Posted by: Berullos.6928

Berullos.6928

I would love no CD for shroud, however that requires an entire rebalance of the whole class and anet being as slow as they are. Aren’t going to do that.

Instead they should allow some or all utilities to be usable in shroud. However thats unlikely as the system they use for shroud is that of a transform. And transforms naturally lock all your utility skills.

I would love a grandmaster trait in the Spite line. Signets continue working inside death shroud and/or can be cast in death shroud.

This would actually make me try using the bad healing signet if it could heal me while in shroud.

They shoudl retool the upcoming master trait in death to not be increased passive gain. But have it be like if <10% regain to 10% LF. That would be an amazing trait. Cause currently a passive increase in LF is so worthless.

Or if that could be adept in soul reaping thatd be greeeattt.