Posted by: Zephar.4519

Zephar.4519

Least of our worries tbh mate.

Make Power Reaper Great Again

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Have he ever been great?

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

I love my power reaper but i would love to have it go more full power. Reaper should have been a powerhouse at the start :/ not condi.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Have he ever been great?

No, Power Reaper has never been “great.”

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Why do I have the horrible feeling they’ll use the same reasoning they did for Vital Persistence to “buff” power reaper?

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

Have he ever been great?

That’s what I thought… From my point of view it doesn’t seem that the power reaper lost any damage since HoT release, just that player found that it worked better as a condi spec on the long run.

So is the title asking for a nerf on condi so that players feel forced to play power? That’s sad. That mean there will be no improvement, only the nerf on the barely ok condi spec in PvE. For what? More power damage would mean nothing in PvP where ennemies have health pools that gravedigger can already eat pretty easily. In PvE even with damages at the same level than a power DPS, the reaper would still struggle to find a place because it has virtually no support that improve the raid as a whole.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

Have he ever been great?

That’s what I thought… From my point of view it doesn’t seem that the power reaper lost any damage since HoT release, just that player found that it worked better as a condi spec on the long run.

So is the title asking for a nerf on condi so that players feel forced to play power? That’s sad. That mean there will be no improvement, only the nerf on the barely ok condi spec in PvE. For what? More power damage would mean nothing in PvP where ennemies have health pools that gravedigger can already eat pretty easily. In PvE even with damages at the same level than a power DPS, the reaper would still struggle to find a place because it has virtually no support that improve the raid as a whole.

What kind of people will stand there and let you hit them with a gravedigger ????
or any other ultra slow channeled Reaper ability ?
and if they are out of dodges and mobility abilities because the planets alligned for you to unleash your reaper might ? well… immune immune immune immune block block block block and now your dead…..

you don’t pvp much do you ?
and for PvE it needs dmg buffs everyone and their grandmother have better DPS….
its not the nonexistent group utility that players dont want a Power reaper…
it because Power reapers dps is horrible compared to like half the other classes out there….

Also most of your reaper abilities will never hit thx to the nonexistent mobility reaper have and the bloated mobility kit other classes have people just dance you arround and melt your shroud and when its gone step in and instantly melt you with a good burst….. meanwhile you barely hit them a few times lol…

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

(edited by Zoltreez.6435)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amethyst Lure.5624

Amethyst Lure.5624

It’s weird because in terms of feel, Power Reaper is probably my favourite out of all of HoT elite specs. It just seems to fall short on damage as well as trait design and such. Worth noting is that I play more PvE and I can totally understand that gravedigger is too slow in pvp. But I feel like that’s also something you could have as a trait to fix, such as Gravedigger giving superspeed when it executes.

Anyway, I’m sure others have made much better suggestions over the times, and I hope further changes come around to the traits and such.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Barnabus Stinson.1409

Barnabus Stinson.1409

Power Reaper has been great, before HoT released, it looked awesome… Then you get to see it is outdamaged by a mesmer and provides 0.01% of the utility.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Have he ever been great?

What kind of people will stand there and let you hit them with a gravedigger ????
and if they are out of dodges and mobility abilities because the planets alligned for you to unleash your reaper might ? well… immune immune immune immune block block block block and now your dead…..

it because Power reapers dps is horrible compared to like half the other classes out there….

Also most of your reaper abilities will never hit thx to the nonexistent mobility reaper have and the bloated mobility kit other classes have people just dance you arround and melt your shroud and when its gone step in and instantly melt you with a good burst….. meanwhile you barely hit them a few times lol…

Power boonstrip has been working fine for several seasons. Your main weapon should be axe and the greatsword should be utility. You don’t grave digger moving targets, you use it after gs5 to bait a dodge or you use it for downed cleave.

Making power reaper great is one thing but that still requires you to know how to use the right skills. You don’t see anyone complaining staff doesn’t dps hard enough.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Yeah, actually, you do see people complain about staff damage. I’ve stopped using it entirely because it’s utility is too low to make up for the terrible damage and vice versa.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

Have he ever been great?

Power boonstrip has been working fine for several seasons. Your main weapon should be axe and the greatsword should be utility. You don’t grave digger moving targets, you use it after gs5 to bait a dodge or you use it for downed cleave.

Making power reaper great is one thing but that still requires you to know how to use the right skills. You don’t see anyone complaining staff doesn’t dps hard enough.

it only works if your baby sited by other classes….. there are no right skills as a power reaper…. Shroud skills ? everyone avoids them GS skills ? good luck hitting with them… the only good thing is Axe 2 after that auto attack with it and GZ thats all you can do againts like half the classes….

also good luck baiting Dodges when some classes have like 24356 dodges and 143451 mobility and escapes and Invis spams outside of that….

also lets say your fighting a bad player and you used the ONLY skill that can pull them… BAM you baited the dodge GZ now how you gonna get them to melee range ? oh yeah shroud gapcloser… na he Teleported/Dodgespammed/Invised farer away from you the momment you used it…

Now you have left with 0 ways to gapclose….. and he will just tear you down from range while laughing at you

or jump in and out with insane burst that takes down majority of your HP everytime he does it…

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Have he ever been great?

it only works if your baby sited by other classes….. there are no right skills as a power reaper…. Shroud skills ? everyone avoids them GS skills ? good luck hitting with them… the only good thing is Axe 2 after that auto attack with it and GZ thats all you can do againts like half the classes….

also good luck baiting Dodges when some classes have like 24356 dodges and 143451 mobility and escapes and Invis spams outside of that….

also lets say your fighting a bad player and you used the ONLY skill that can pull them… BAM you baited the dodge GZ now how you gonna get them to melee range ? oh yeah shroud gapcloser… na he Teleported/Dodgespammed/Invised farer away from you the momment you used it…

Now you have left with 0 ways to gapclose….. and he will just tear you down from range while laughing at you

or jump in and out with insane burst that takes down majority of your HP everytime he does it…

I don’t even know what you are saying anymore. Are you suggesting the power reaper should just lock down all counterplay? If someone wanted to get out of range of your melee, why wouldn’t they teleport away? You have TWO weapon sets, you can use axe for ranged power damage. Just because you choose to camp GS doesn’t mean its the right thing to do.

Every other melee class has the same problem, if you waste your gap closer, you’re going to have problems against range. Why is this not obvious?

(edited by Ramoth.9064)

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

Have he ever been great?

I don’t even know what you are saying anymore. Are you suggesting the power reaper should just lock down all counterplay? If someone wanted to get out of range of your melee, why wouldn’t they teleport away? You have TWO weapon sets, you can use axe for ranged power damage. Just because you choose to camp GS doesn’t mean its the right thing to do.

Every other melee class has the same problem, if you waste your gap closer, you’re going to have problems against range. Why is this not obvious?

your missing the Point…..

Axe alone as a power build is not enough to do any significant dmg to people….
Power Reaper as a whole needs more mobility to be viable at all…

and no Mesmers and Thiefs and eles dont have these issues they have enough utilit and tools and mobility to stay on your face all day if they want with insane burst dmg…

as a power necro the momment you go Shroud people just stay away from you and Eat it down with weak secondary ranged ability then go back for the burst when it goes off or you turn it off after you found out you cant even hit them while they running arround you so you go back to axe spam but the momment you do this they will instantly jump back in your face with Better Dmg and Burst then you and melt you in seconds…

the Life of a Power necro in a nutshell…
forever useless without help….

a Power build Needs either RANGE or MOBILITY….. Reaper has NON of them….

the only class Power Reapers are good againts are Guardians for example….. because they also are not bloated with crazy mobility but atleast they have crazy Utilities like block and immunities.. ALLOT of it….. and a capcloser that INSTANTLY take you to the enemy….

im nowdays slowly going back to the original Shroud as a power build and ditching reaper…. and i can Allready feel the dmg difference in PvP thx to RANGE dmg in Shroud… but then i have like almost 0 Aoe if i go dagger/Axe so it feels meh…. but plays better in spvp

Power necro is just a badly designed class as a whole…
it lacks TOO much of the tools that makes Power builds viable….

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jinn Galen.2468

Jinn Galen.2468

Have he ever been great?

Every melee class has same problem? Not strictly the same. I can gap close well on rev with shiro, axe, and sword. With guardian I have sword blink, and the utility blink. Leap on GS is cool too. Warrior has GS spin and rush. Necro has only 1 gap closer. Shroud 2.

in Necromancer

Posted by: dceptaconroy.7928

dceptaconroy.7928

..‘closer..singular. That’s right, better be mindful of using that 1.

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Necro also has a multitude of ways to corrupt boons and snare the enemy. I’m still not getting why people expect one class to have all the advantages of another class, and then some. Lets not forget, not every matchup is supposed to be made equal. Somehow its expected a power reaper is able to corrupt boons, apply chill, AND gap close constantly?

And yeah, I know it sucks getting kited in WvW but why is it expected that you are playing a class that can do everything. Mesmers and thieves suck at bunkering a point in spvp, do we expect them to have changes done so that they can bunker?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azzara Nectum.1734

Azzara Nectum.1734

Necro also has a multitude of ways to corrupt boons and snare the enemy. I’m still not getting why people expect one class to have all the advantages of another class, and then some. Lets not forget, not every matchup is supposed to be made equal. Somehow its expected a power reaper is able to corrupt boons, apply chill, AND gap close constantly?

And yeah, I know it sucks getting kited in WvW but why is it expected that you are playing a class that can do everything. Mesmers and thieves suck at bunkering a point in spvp, do we expect them to have changes done so that they can bunker?

Why shouldn’t we be able to gap close more properly? Every other class has a plethora of skills available to gap close or teleport or stealth or leap… On top of that they have blocks and invuls as well… All the while while still having better or higher DPS or burst than Necro… Playing Necro in PVP requires good positioning, baiting the fights, waiting for an opening and then burst…
Other classes basically have it much easier to set up a fight..
And the excuse that we have 2 life bars is no longer cutting it.. The condi spam infestation in this game is so high that both your HP pools get burned down in a matter of a few secs.. And because we have no active defense we are sitting ducks..
It’s time for a kittening change to this!!!

— Slave of the Free World —

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Why shouldn’t we be able to gap close more properly? Every other class has a plethora of skills available to gap close or teleport or stealth or leap… On top of that they have blocks and invuls as well… All the while while still having better or higher DPS or burst than Necro… Playing Necro in PVP requires good positioning, baiting the fights, waiting for an opening and then burst…
Other classes basically have it much easier to set up a fight..
And the excuse that we have 2 life bars is no longer cutting it.. The condi spam infestation in this game is so high that both your HP pools get burned down in a matter of a few secs.. And because we have no active defense we are sitting ducks..
It’s time for a kittening change to this!!!

The same reason why thieves shouldn’t be able to bunker a point. gg. Why shouldn’t warriors be able to corrupt boons? Why shouldn’t rangers give everyone aegis periodically. Why shouldn’t elementalist be able to portal?

You people pick up GS on a reaper and expect to whack people with it. Hello counter play? Its high damage, high risk, high reward. You don’t get to do everything.

(edited by Ramoth.9064)

in Necromancer

Posted by: dceptaconroy.7928

dceptaconroy.7928

I dont think anyone wants everything just maybe even some semblance of what we had. Call me crazy but i was content. I applaud you and your build or can do nature to be cool with our current state. What is it you think we offer or do better when compared to other classes/builds

in Necromancer

Dadnir.5038

Have he ever been great?

Zoltreez, somehow I wonder ow long you’ve been playing this game… Anet balance thing over potential (especially for the necromancer), not over practical situation.

So yes, the potential of the gravedigger is threatening enough in PvP to prevent anet from making it even worth. Gravedigger is a potential 1 hit KO due to it’s high base damage and power coefficient and in the dev’s view it’s logical to leave at least some room for error to the adversary.

The best solution would undeniably be to reduce the base values and coefficients but improve attack speed and add some damage modifiers on traits. But Hey! Look! We are stuck with ridiculously low life steal values since release due to “potential”! We are stuck with virtually no support due to potential of our soft conditions! It took age for axe to achieve it’s height due to potential of a range attack that bypass range protection skills! We are stuck with health shield mechanism as our sole defense because devs see this as a really strong mechanism in theory!

Necromancers are balanced around their potential, nothing more nothing less. To put it in a more scholarly way it’s like theory and practice. Necromancer aren’t balanced positively over practice, only theory.

Gravedigger can theoretically, on your most lucky day that happen once every 45th day of the month and with the offensive support of your whole team behind you, down in one hit the 5 opponents of your team. That’s on that basis that power reaper is balanced. None of the other profession can achieve such a feat theoretically.

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

I dont think anyone wants everything just maybe even some semblance of what we had. Call me crazy but i was content. I applaud you and your build or can do nature to be cool with our current state. What is it you think we offer or do better when compared to other classes/builds

If we’re talking about power builds, we’re pretty good for zone control, GS4 is godly, and the buffs to GS3 and GS5 kinda make them worth using too. I’m talking spvp here, I agree power reapers are kitten in wvw.

I know everyone says necro/reaper gets focused and that your shroud won’t save you, but i think superior positioning will. If you know you are going to get focused theres nothing wrong with hanging back and making the enemy overextend.

As power boonstrip i used staff about as much as i used GS. Axe and warhorn are the staple set of course. Using staff meant I chose soul marks over SoS, so I don’t necessarily think the 7s cooldown is make or break. If you get caught with your pants down, well then, sure, that sucks.

in Necromancer

Azzara Nectum.1734

Why shouldn’t warriors be able to corrupt boons?

Say hello to the new Spellbreaker… Although they don’t corrupt, they can remove boons so easily it’s near the point of being absurd.. And when a target has no boons, their damage grows exponentially…
So, there goes that argument.. If they give warrior some of our “potential” at least we deserve the blocks or invul they have access to.

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Say hello to the new Spellbreaker… Although they don’t corrupt, they can remove boons so easily it’s near the point of being absurd.. And when a target has no boons, their damage grows exponentially…
So, there goes that argument.. If they give warrior some of our “potential” at least we deserve the blocks or invul they have access to.

Yeah well thats no corrupting. You’re missing the point, classes do different things, end of story. The spellbreaker doesn’t shadowstep, it doesnt set up traps and do zone control. I’m not saying Arenanet is great at balancing stuff, they are pretty kitten in that department but I think a lot of the posts in this topic is barking up the wrong tree. The reaper has never been extremely mobile, and in spvp, its still been OK.

in Necromancer

Azzara Nectum.1734

Yeah well thats no corrupting. You’re missing the point, classes do different things, end of story. The spellbreaker doesn’t shadowstep, it doesnt set up traps and do zone control. I’m not saying Arenanet is great at balancing stuff, they are pretty kitten in that department but I think a lot of the posts in this topic is barking up the wrong tree. The reaper has never been extremely mobile, and in spvp, its still been OK.

It’s not corrupting but it achieves a similar result:
- Necro corrupts boons which inflict condi’s => puts damage on target => inflict said damage
- warrior strips boons => increases damage on target => proceeds to inflict said increased damage

But we have no similar access to blocks or invuls like warrior does.. Nor do we wear heavy armor nor do we do an equal amount of damage

And take a look at mesmer now… Even with all their utility they now manage to out dps us in our power build and match our condi build…
We can agree that balance is kitten in this patch and Necro draws the short stick…
There is hardly any build now that we can hard counter, yet almost every other build counters ours…
It’s time Necro gets some much needed love.. Both in the mobility department as well as in active defense as well as dps increase.. Would that make Necro OP? Probably it will but it’s about kittening time Necro gets feared among everyone facing it… Every other class had their: “ow kitten, that’s completely OP” moment… Time for ours!
If enough people bark against the tree, surely someone sitting in that tree should start to notice..
But I guess we can better post on Reddit where 1 post got gold status and the next day they did something about our shroud decay..

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

It’s not corrupting but it achieves a similar result:
- Necro corrupts boons which inflict condi’s => puts damage on target => inflict said damage
- warrior strips boons => increases damage on target => proceeds to inflict said increased damage

But we have no similar access to blocks or invuls like warrior does.. Nor do we wear heavy armor nor do we do an equal amount of damage

And take a look at mesmer now… Even with all their utility they now manage to out dps us in our power build and match our condi build…
We can agree that balance is kitten in this patch and Necro draws the short stick…
There is hardly any build now that we can hard counter, yet almost every other build counters ours…
It’s time Necro gets some much needed love.. Both in the mobility department as well as in active defense as well as dps increase.. Would that make Necro OP? Probably it will but it’s about kittening time Necro gets feared among everyone facing it… Every other class had their: “ow kitten, that’s completely OP” moment… Time for ours!
If enough people bark against the tree, surely someone sitting in that tree should start to notice..
But I guess we can better post on Reddit where 1 post got gold status and the next day they did something about our shroud decay..

Again, you’re missing the point, no one class does everything.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Somehow its expected a power reaper is able to corrupt boons, apply chill, AND gap close constantly?

Tell me what sources does power reaper have for chill?
-GS auto #3
-Shroud #5
-Grasping Darkness
-Spinal Shivers

Of those sources, Spinal Shivers is the only one that works at range, and even then it only procs below 50% target HP.
In order for us to chill a foe, we have to melee them first. In other words we have to gap close first, before we can apply target control.

Moreover Chill (and cripple) aren’t even effective at range control. Most meta builds use combinations of teleports, leaps, and charges for primary combat mobility. Neither chill nor cripple effects tele/leap/charge distance. Oh, and so help us if the person actually cleanses our chill.

Power Reaper’s range dictation is horrendous, we do not have the tools to control our target’s mobility, and since we lack mobility ourselves we cannot force a fight. We are completely dependent on our opponent willingly putting themselves in our range, and we are completely dependent on them staying there long enough to die.

I’m still not getting why people expect one class to have all the advantages of another class, and then some.

Except in a little over a month this thing called spellbreaker is coming, and Spellbreaker offers better boonhate than power reaper, better mobility than power reaper, better range dictation than power reaper and Spellbreaker can actually survive a +1 unlike power reaper.

Even excluding PoF specs and only looking at the current meta, the only thing power necro offers is boonhate, every other function is better filled by other classes.

Mesmers and thieves suck at bunkering a point in spvp, do we expect them to have changes done so that they can bunker?

Except necromancer can’t bunk a point either, and unlike thieves and mesmers we can’t roam. The only thing necromancer can do is 2+vs 2+ and only if his companions can provide heals and ideally hard support.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tick.1605

Tick.1605

power reaper pvp since aug 8th update

Lil Ticklers Necro PvP Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBoe48h7tEhzal3sPEepIIg

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Somehow its expected a power reaper is able to corrupt boons, apply chill, AND gap close constantly?

Tell me what sources does power reaper have for chill?
-GS auto #3
-Shroud #5
-Grasping Darkness
-Spinal Shivers

Of those sources, Spinal Shivers is the only one that works at range, and even then it only procs below 50% target HP.
In order for us to chill a foe, we have to melee them first. In other words we have to gap close first, before we can apply target control.

Moreover Chill (and cripple) aren’t even effective at range control. Most meta builds use combinations of teleports, leaps, and charges for primary combat mobility. Neither chill nor cripple effects tele/leap/charge distance. Oh, and so help us if the person actually cleanses our chill.

Power Reaper’s range dictation is horrendous, we do not have the tools to control our target’s mobility, and since we lack mobility ourselves we cannot force a fight. We are completely dependent on our opponent willingly putting themselves in our range, and we are completely dependent on them staying there long enough to die.

I’m still not getting why people expect one class to have all the advantages of another class, and then some.

Except in a little over a month this thing called spellbreaker is coming, and Spellbreaker offers better boonhate than power reaper, better mobility than power reaper, better range dictation than power reaper and Spellbreaker can actually survive a +1 unlike power reaper.

Even excluding PoF specs and only looking at the current meta, the only thing power necro offers is boonhate, every other function is better filled by other classes.

Mesmers and thieves suck at bunkering a point in spvp, do we expect them to have changes done so that they can bunker?

Except necromancer can’t bunk a point either, and unlike thieves and mesmers we can’t roam. The only thing necromancer can do is 2+vs 2+ and only if his companions can provide heals and ideally hard support.

As a power reaper, your fears will also chill, and corrupting stability is quite common. More so than corrupting resistance anyways. There’s also suffer and cttb.

Not really going to respond to the spellbreaker stuff, I haven’t read into it too much.

The thing is, I’m not saying power reapers are the bznz in spvp, but having people say gravedigger should be easy to land I think is rather absurd. And the thing is, if you are going to force someone into disengaging and going to range, you can easily get the decap in spvp.

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

As a power reaper, your fears will also chill, and corrupting stability is quite common. More so than corrupting resistance anyways. There’s also suffer and cttb.

Suffer is certainly a reasonable chill applicator. But 600 radius is hardly ranged.

Also simply landing a chill is not going to miraculously make you stick to a target. As I mentioned earlier, chill means nothing to teleports, leaps, and charges, and those are the primary disengage skills of most classes.

Also our chill application is too infrequent, it takes very little cleansing to keep free of necro chills. Even power rev can keep ahead of our chill application, and power rev hardly has any cleansing compared to other meta classes.

The greatest irony of reaper is that the class most vulnerable to our chill application is other reapers.

And the thing is, if you are going to force someone into disengaging and going to range, you can easily get the decap in spvp.

If they kill you shortly thereafter that decap means little next to the free snowball the enemy team gets from the 4v5 while you are on respawn.

Also decapping with a necro isn’t even realistic, and what is realistic is that the node will be contested by a scrapper, DH, or druid that just has to stall for the 5-20 seconds it takes the thief or mesmer to +1 the fight and murder you because necromancers are completely incapable of defending themselves against any of the roaming classes..

YouTube

(edited by Crinn.7864)

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

All it needs is better shroud management and in-combat mobility, particularly the latter of the two. Unfortunately, they nerfed both last patch.

The DPS is low because its access to modifiers is poor. It otherwise does plenty of damage in the PvP formats. I played A/D + GS since reaper was released and never had a problem with the damage in the PvP environments. It’s just you can’t actually kill anyone if they’re all out-running you and spamming invulns in the few cases you finally catch up.

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Suffer is certainly a reasonable chill applicator. But 600 radius is hardly ranged.

Also simply landing a chill is not going to miraculously make you stick to a target. As I mentioned earlier, chill means nothing to teleports, leaps, and charges, and those are the primary disengage skills of most classes.

Also our chill application is too infrequent, it takes very little cleansing to keep free of necro chills. Even power rev can keep ahead of our chill application, and power rev hardly has any cleansing compared to other meta classes.

The greatest irony of reaper is that the class most vulnerable to our chill application is other reapers.

And the thing is, if you are going to force someone into disengaging and going to range, you can easily get the decap in spvp.

If they kill you shortly thereafter that decap means little next to the free snowball the enemy team gets from the 4v5 while you are on respawn.

Also decapping with a necro isn’t even realistic, and what is realistic is that the node will be contested by a scrapper, DH, or druid that just has to stall for the 5-20 seconds it takes the thief or mesmer to +1 the fight and murder you because necromancers are completely incapable of defending themselves against any of the roaming classes..

For all your naysaying theres plenty of reapers doing well, in the top 250, I’m not sure what else is needed to be said. Sure, improvements can be made, but reapers are far from unplayable, and I don’t see the point in entering some perfectly crafted counter situation because frankly, its unrealistic.

If you think reaper is so terrible you are free to play another class. I’ve recently decided to only pvp with core classes and I’m having a boat load of fun, especially since the last patch buffed a lot of core classes indirectly.

The way I see it, power reaper is high risk high reward if you want to go melee, and I think that’s fine. Yeah, I get mauled by a good thief using dash, I don’t expect to win everything.

in Necromancer

Crinn.7864

For all your naysaying theres plenty of reapers doing well, in the top 250, I’m not sure what else is needed to be said. Sure, improvements can be made, but reapers are far from unplayable,

Every class has players in the top 250. However Necromancer is easily the second least represented class of the 9 classes. Moreover those 250 necromancers would have easily placed higher if they where playing another class at equal proficiency.

I don’t see the point in entering some perfectly crafted counter situation because frankly, its unrealistic.

I did not give you “perfectly crafted counter situations” I gave you common situations that will occur in any platinum match.

The way I see it, power reaper is high risk high reward if you want to go melee, and I think that’s fine. Yeah, I get mauled by a good thief using dash, I don’t expect to win everything.

It’s certainly high risk, but the reward is no better than what far more forgiving classes get.

I don’t expect to win every fight either, but when all of the most prolific classes run roughshod over reaper like it’s nothing, I have a issue.

YouTube

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

For all your naysaying theres plenty of reapers doing well, in the top 250, I’m not sure what else is needed to be said. Sure, improvements can be made, but reapers are far from unplayable,

Every class has players in the top 250. However Necromancer is easily the second least represented class of the 9 classes. Moreover those 250 necromancers would have easily placed higher if they where playing another class at equal proficiency.

I don’t see the point in entering some perfectly crafted counter situation because frankly, its unrealistic.

I did not give you “perfectly crafted counter situations” I gave you common situations that will occur in any platinum match.

It’s certainly high risk, but the reward is no better than what far more forgiving classes get.

I don’t expect to win every fight either, but when all of the most prolific classes run roughshod over reaper like it’s nothing, I have a issue.

How are the situations you described realistic, you literally have every single bad scenario piled on.

Its not good enough for you to force disengages. Its not good enough to land chills. Its not good enough to lose when +1, but again, its not good enough if you are winning in a +1. Then there is spellbreaker this, spellbreaker that. I’m not sure the class has even been used in a pvp situation yet, unless you are some secret beta test that I don’t know about.

I’ve made it to high platinum a couple seasons ago as a power reaper, I used a staff, so I had no SoS. It wasn’t easy, and I’m not particularly good either, but I was in teams with top 30 necromancers and they cleaned up. Saying other classes can do it easier doesn’t invalidate the fact that you can do it with a necromancer too.

(edited by Ramoth.9064)

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

yeah and 90% of those top Reaper necros are Condi……

power necros are brokenly phatetic and weak stop deffending it …..

its NOT a high risk high reward class…. its hig risk for mediocre reward…

meanwhile majority of classes are low risk High reward or high risk Broken reward…..

a Power reaper have NO real worthwhile utilities to deal with the majority of classes that are BLOATED with them……

if your class needs someone to be baby sitted to be good for something it means the class as a whole is brokenly underpowered…. and you would be better of playing something that can deal with people alone like every single other class at this point….

a Power reaper is

-Slow
-Realy vournelable because it has no blocks or immunes or anything realiable realy
-no worthwhile utility
-no real heals that actualy heals for something while other classes Healthbars jump up and down like mad man thx to all their self healing they have in their kit
-had no defense againts Burst dmg
-has no mobility agains bassicaly almost everyone because everyone have better mobility
-has almost no range at all outside of axe to actualy deal dmg to kiters

All that dmg a Power reaper brings means NOTHING when you cant hit ANYONE and getting melted…. the kitten Long channeling times makes it HARD to deal any significant dmg EVEN when you finaly catch up to someone because they will dodge or get out of your ability….

other classes do the same or even more dmg with INSTANTS then a Power Reaper with his darn slow channeled MELEE abilities… that only works againts people that dont know how this game works….

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Non-Soul Reaping Power Reaper was actually buffed.

Dagger/Warhon Spite/Curses/Reaper Proc Build is not slow at all and has a huge impact in WvW smallscale and sPvP. Just pick Paladin Amulet if you feel too squishy. It’s viable as Trooper Rune /Full-Shouts and Strengh Rune/pick whatever utility you want build.

(This does NOT mean necro is fine! It’s not, but there are still viable builds that are fun to play.)

other classes do the same or even more dmg with INSTANTS then a Power Reaper with his darn slow channeled MELEE abilities… that only works againts people that dont know how this game works….

Drop that danm GS and Staff if you want to do damage! ;-)

(edited by KrHome.1920)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jinn Galen.2468

Jinn Galen.2468

Dagger/Warhon Spite/Curses/Reaper Proc Build is not slow at all and has a huge impact in WvW smallscale and sPvP. Just pick Paladin Amulet if you feel too squishy. It’s viable as Trooper Rune /Full-Shouts and Strengh Rune/pick whatever utility you want build.

(This does NOT mean necro is fine! It’s not, but there are still viable builds that are fun to play.)

I’m starting to think the same. Stupid GS will never hit anyone with half a brain. Before I got HoT, I was using power dagger. It does good damage when you get close. People won’t just let you AA them of course, but at least the attacks hit. I will miss the Nightfall stomp though.

in Necromancer

Zoltreez.6435

I’m starting to think the same. Stupid GS will never hit anyone with half a brain. Before I got HoT, I was using power dagger. It does good damage when you get close. People won’t just let you AA them of course, but at least the attacks hit. I will miss the Nightfall stomp though.

i can actualy do more dmg with Daggers ONE single ability Life siphon alone then with the entire Kit a GS gives… in spvp

because its ranged and keeps going on invis targets…. and it also Heals lol

GS is a failed design…

You CANT design a Melee weapon WITHOUT mobility thats just WONT work at ALL…..

and NO a single Pull wont replaces mobility especialy when its not instant and has a half a year channel time and a super obivious HEY DODGE me animation that is also super slow….

and even if it hits.. 90% of the times it will be Blocked or immuned….

-Stellaris
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZombieSlayeR.8702

ZombieSlayeR.8702

Yo zol
Tried not fully casting gs5 but interrupting after 1/3 of cast (:

~Nefras~

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Power reaper was never great to begin with.

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

If you’re using GS for anything other than a utility weapon you’re doing it wrong.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Yo zol
Tried not fully casting gs5 but interrupting after 1/3 of cast (:

If you stow weapon gravedigger finishes right as they are finished being pulled. No time to react. Seldom use GS though since dagger is better for my build.