Make minions great again

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Sup fellow necros,

minions have been a more appealing option since Anet rweorked them so they actually attack and stuff like this, but their active skills are still rly bad most of the time, and improving this would definitely be a huge step to making minions competitive.

Things like Blood fiend not healing you in Shroud, a blind in the shadow fiend that is not instant, and an immob in a 50s cd kinda makes pet skills useless in most situations. So waddaya think about reworking/improving some of the skills so minions and death magic can get a lil bit more of our dark love?

M I L K B O I S

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

First of, I’d say rework Death Nova into something more desirable.
Blood Field: Turn the passive heal into life steal but with the same values (239 damage/929 healing). That means it will work in shroud.
Shadow Fiend: Make it instant and an aoe blind. Maybe even a blind field for about 2 seconds.
Bone Fiend: Change it so as soon as you activate Rigor Mortis it sends 2 fast moving projectiles that immobilise the target foe. No waiting for the Fiend to attack, just instant projectiles.
Bone Minions: Make the Putrid Explosion have the Death Nova aoe as a baseline effect (since Death Nova will be reworked).

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I could enjoy having Terror turn Death Nova into Terror Nova or Dhuumfire turn it into Fire Nova… but that would be too much fun.

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Posted by: hscoxon.1623

hscoxon.1623

I would love to see a boon corrupt added to minions, but I fear that would just further ensconce the awful boon-spam meta out there.

(edited by hscoxon.1623)

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Posted by: VixusIrine.9013

VixusIrine.9013

I would love to see a boon corrupt added to minions, but I fear that would just further ensconce the awful boon-spam meta out there.

If memory serves me right back before the trait system overhaul the old Necromatic corruption trait gave your minions a 10% chance to remove a boon on hit. I don’t think we’ll ever be getting something like that or a boon corrupt on minions any time soon, I feel Anet wouldn’t like that sadly.

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

hscoxon.1623

I’d also like to see a new set of minions to give more diversity in playstyle: for instance, summoning a set of 3 long-range minions that are weak on defense but can shoot while moving and maneuver to stay at a distance from their target, or a set of two tanky minions that are meant stun/immobilize but are slow/easily kited. Or, how about aerial minions that swoop in to inflict conditions.

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

I’d also like to see a new set of minions to give more diversity in playstyle: for instance, summoning a set of 3 long-range minions that are weak on defense but can shoot while moving and maneuver to stay at a distance from their target, or a set of two tanky minions that are meant stun/immobilize but are slow/easily kited. Or, how about aerial minions that swoop in to inflict conditions.

Non player creatures can’t move and attack. It’s is not mechanically possible unfortunately.

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Make minions great by offering minion skins in the BLTP.

• 6 sentai uniforms in six colors
  • 5 kitten-like robot skins that allow minions to assemble and fumble around when out of combat.
  • 6 types of Lord Faren’s best skivvies
  • 6 orange clockwork decorations
  • 6 molten flame hair-do
  • 5 refugee children and 1 balloon with your guild’s emblem

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~moa ~ 1mins / 1m30s

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarlan.7682

Sarlan.7682

- Anet should add an effect to death nova that would rise one jagged horror for each summoned minion that dies. This would mean that if your minions die in an aoe bomb you could just benefit from your traits until you’re able to summon your original minions again.

- The Bone Minion’s explosion could scale with your precision and ferocity stats to make the active skill a valuable burst option.

- The blind on the shadow fiend should be reworked to an instant aoe blind at a targeted location with an instant teleport but a short windup animation.

- The bone fiend’s immob could use a cd decrease + a faster cast time for the immob.

Those suggestions would porbably increase the survivability of an MM in teamfights while improving its utilities to some degree.

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Posted by: GuWant.8219

GuWant.8219

dont bother the minions die way too fast in spvp to be of any use at all

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Posted by: TimHellen.5903

TimHellen.5903

I think before any of the fancy stuff, we should just get a basic minion control toolbar like the rangers. At least a passive button wold be great.

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

hscoxon.1623

Anybody ever play as a Bonedancer in Dark Age of Camelot? http://camelotherald.wikia.com/wiki/Bonedancer

In that game, you controlled your commander minion much like the ranger controls his pet – the difference is the commander could summon other minions to fit particular tasks, ie. ranged/melee combat. It could be an interesting mechanic for the necromancer. The bottom line is something should definitely be done to make minions great again.

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

great “again”? the thread name is very misleading.

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Posted by: hurrado.2346

hurrado.2346

1. Moa should no longer wipe all minions, with it knocking you out of death shroud it is already too powerful, but throwing utilities on full cd is just a slap in the face.

2. Minion active skills need to be more useful, the immobilize/blind are very hard to use effectively and are not worth the cd. Also allowing minions to have actives similar to ranger would make the builds more fun to play.

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

not to mention the immobilize on bone fiend not always works, sometimes it just roots the minion and it’s attack is unchanged

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

TimHellen.5903

Erm. Before all the fancy stuff, I’d rather have basic minion control first. The master can’t even control their pet properly yet.

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Erm. Before all the fancy stuff, I’d rather have basic minion control first. The master can’t even control their pet properly yet.

We won’t ever get full control. That’s Ranger territory.

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

The one thing I want in terms of minion-control is being able to blow them up without using a transformation. That honestly would be enough control-wise.

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

TimHellen.5903

We won’t ever get full control. That’s Ranger territory.

No need for full control. Even a single passive button is sufficient. Or at least allow us to manually blow them up.

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Moa should not put shroud on cd/kill minions
Death Nova should be scary like exploding risen (make death nova minions green to warn players?)
Minion skills should suck less: See smokescale and gyros for examples of companions that actually are good
Also, some traits that make Necro zergs a thing in WvW again would be cool

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Sublimatio.6981

No need for full control. Even a single passive button is sufficient. Or at least allow us to manually blow them up.

god invented transformation tonics and gave them to the cavemen for a reason.

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Posted by: Prince Vingador.8067

Prince Vingador.8067

1 word —-——→ MOA
until they stop moa from destroying minion , there is no point to talk even about minions.

Make minions great again

in Necromancer

Posted by: Reknarok.7582

Reknarok.7582

1. moa should not affect minions at all. the fact that it does is a stupid oversight akin to the minion not attacking bug that plagued us for literal years until mesmers had issues and we got a blanket bandaid fix. still can’t even believe that it took them that long to bandaid the minions like that

2. blood fiend sac should have a drastically reduced cast time and potentially also increase healing by a percentage proportional to the blood fiends current health

3. bone minions activated should be changed slightly. have them ignore cripple, chill, and immobilise and both suicide bomb the target selected with a slight delay in explosions so that you can get a blast finisher from the poison field, also should deal more damage

4. bone fiend activated. remove the immobilise on the minion, it’s stupid. remove the travel time and pulse immobilise for the duration. increase duration slightly

5. shadow fiend activated changed completely. instant activation, shadow fiend teleports to necro and grants aoe stealth for 3 secs and creating a smoke field for 5 seconds

6. flesh wurm, instant summon. remove a slew of pathing restrictions and just impose a path restriction on areas that are game breaking in spvp maps

7. flesh golem is actually fine to me, just needs to be useable underwater

i mean these might seem op at a glance but i feel they’re necessary for minions to not be a joke/messing around pve build cause atm they’re just there for damage really with some slight utility use that’s rarely seen.

also im frustrated and sick of anet giving the metaphorical middle finger to our entire class, give us some love cmon

(edited by Reknarok.7582)