Manifest Sand Shade is clunky

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

Having used this in open world for the first time, I feel like our new f1 needs to be an instant cast at least in pve. Placing shades just feels weirdly slow, it seems like there’s also a large amount of “aftercast” delay. This spec would play much better if you could dump shades in much the same way you dump wells or staff marks, and you need to dump shades a lot because as I discovered in the stress test, a lot of our traits only affect the shades attacks, not our own. What I mean by this is for example dhuumfire will pulse on every hit of a sand shade’s f5, but the f5 that pulses out from our actual character does not inflict dhuumfire.

(edited by Tobias.8632)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

But why would your character’s F5 pulse inflict dhuumfire? Dhuumfire specifically is inflicted via F1.

The sand shade’s F5 is probably doing dhuumfire because it pulse triggers F1, which seems odd, but believable.

in Necromancer

Tobias.8632

But why would your character’s F5 pulse inflict dhuumfire? Dhuumfire specifically is inflicted via F1.

The sand shade’s F5 is probably doing dhuumfire because it pulse triggers F1, which seems odd, but believable.

Because at a fundamental level, everything your sand shades do is also supposed to be also done by the scourge themselves. A key part of the class is that you have access to barrier/clense/fear/pulsing damage from your f2-f5 without needing to place shades at all.

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Because at a fundamental level, everything your sand shades do is also supposed to be also done by the scourge themselves. A key part of the class is that you have access to barrier/clense/fear/pulsing damage from your f2-f5 without needing to place shades at all.

But you do have access to all those F2-F5 items from your character. Dhuumfire is specifically accessed via F1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Dhuumfire also procs from f2-f5 because each of those skills triggers an attack from the shades as if you just used f1. So Dhuumfire does not require you to actually hit f1 for you to trigger it.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

Dhuumfire also procs from f2-f5 because each of those skills triggers an attack from the shades as if you just used f1. So Dhuumfire does not require you to actually hit f1 for you to trigger it.

Yes, I know, but the OP is saying why YOU yourself will not trigger Dhuumfire, and thats because YOU yourself, does not cast F1.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tiresias.6473

Tiresias.6473

The reasons that all Scourge Life Force abilities trigger Dhuumfire is because the trait would be utterly useless if you could only get a single stack of burning when you used an ability with 3 ammo charges and a 15-second recharge.

Main character: Winter Harvest (Necromancer)
[BICE] Black Ice / Maguuma Server

in Necromancer

Ramoth.9064

I think the clunkiest thing about F1 is the name.

And correct me if I’m wrong, but the name implies that you are summoning the sand shade. Which you are, of course. But the functionality of the skill itself is that you are doing an area attack. Essentially everytime you use F2-F5, you are also casting an area attack centered around you and your shades. What you aren’t doing everytime, is summoning a new shade.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tiresias.6473

Tiresias.6473

I think the clunkiest thing about F1 is the name.

And correct me if I’m wrong, but the name implies that you are summoning the sand shade. Which you are, of course. But the functionality of the skill itself is that you are doing an area attack. Essentially everytime you use F2-F5, you are also casting an area attack centered around you and your shades. What you aren’t doing everytime, is summoning a new shade.

You are correct. But it is also quite obvious that the skill is working as intended even if the wording on the trait itself is off.

It seems to me that what needs to be corrected is the wording of the trait, since the current implementation of Dhuumfire for Scourge is the way it should work to keep the trait worthwhile.

Main character: Winter Harvest (Necromancer)
[BICE] Black Ice / Maguuma Server

in Necromancer

Tobias.8632

I think we’re all missing the point here that F1 cast / aftercast time is too long

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I think we’re all missing the point here that F1 cast / aftercast time is too long

That this is why I much prefer the Sand Savant trait. Trying to get up all 3 in a fight feels very clunky (not unlike Deadeye’s mark).

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.