Mark of E: trait is no longer a finisher

in Necromancer

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

“Mark of Evasion: This trait is no longer a blast finisher when the mark is created.”

Am I the only one who loved to utilize this?
Please give us back the finisher!

And please anet tell us why, was this a bug from your point of view, overpowered or was removed because other things got improved?

it was written…

(edited by cubed.2853)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nuhj.8372

Nuhj.8372

They have gradually removed blast finishers from all dodge traits. If you think this sucks talk to an Elementalist and mention Evasive Arcana. They are ready to set fire to something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

I did not know about that. At least in your elementalist changelog it is stated the finisher was “unintended”. However I loved this bug/feature so much in combination with my wells…

it was written…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

I hate that ANet have done this, it’s such a slap in the face….I’m so close to losing all faith in this game and it’s devs.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gintoki.6405

Gintoki.6405

funectomy if its not a word. it is now

Aurora glade [FURY] clan. Zetsu (zetsudai, zetsu mei, Zetsu Rounin)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stormy O.7025

Stormy O.7025

The reason people loved it so much was because it was too overpowered.

In the case of Necros, a 3 sec bleed + regen skill on dodge is already very strong. Adding the blast finisher is over the top. I suppose you could try asking for a trait that gives a blast finisher on dodge but nothing else or not much else (but would you still use it then? If you just liked using the blast finisher then you’d still use it right?)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

The reason people loved it so much was because it was too overpowered.

In the case of Necros, a 3 sec bleed + regen skill on dodge is already very strong. Adding the blast finisher is over the top. I suppose you could try asking for a trait that gives a blast finisher on dodge but nothing else or not much else (but would you still use it then? If you just liked using the blast finisher then you’d still use it right?)

You realise that the trait is bugged and doesn’t apply the correct amount of bleeds? Did they fix this? No they didn’t, instead they decided to nerf the trait, really amazing prioritising..

I guess giving necro a decent finisher would be far too OP….

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stormy O.7025

Stormy O.7025

Oh, I forgot. 2 stacks of bleeding + regen. It’s still powerful. And no, it’s not a bug.

If you want a “decent finisher”, how about giving constructive feedback? Possibly a detailed suggestion?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swadow.6213

Swadow.6213

What? You though anyone but Mesmers, Thiefs, Warriors and Guardians are allowed to have fun and working builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

People are mixing up ‘Nerf’ and ‘bug fixing’.

Obviously if they’re removing blast finishers from Dodge Rolls it means they weren’t meant to be blast finishers. Stormy has the right of it.

To give an example of an actual Nerf would be to relate to how in GW1, Anet changed the AI so it wouldn’t stand idle in a Fire Storm or Meteor Shower raining down on it. Or how they implemented a maximum cap on Minion numbers in GW1 after myself and a large number of people started spawning 20 plus armies in Sorrow’s Furnace. Those are adequately called Nerfs.

The things I see the biggest complaints about Patch notes I’m seeing are Bugs that were clearly not part of the original design or in some cases blatant exploits that are being hailed as ‘Nerfs’ when the Devs correct them. I’m looking directly at the people who complained about exploiting the ‘Spectral Walk’ bug that allowed you to reap all the benefits with it not even in your Utility Bar.

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

I’m looking directly at the people who complained about exploiting the ‘Spectral Walk’ bug that allowed you to reap all the benefits with it not even in your Utility Bar.

And now we’re the only class who loses swiftness when we enter the water.

Fix the bug and screw balance.

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Inoence.6907

Inoence.6907

SERIOUSLY WTF? All classes except the warrior got their blast dodges removed
Reckless Dodge
and here where it says at the bottom of the page that its a blast finisher
Blast Finisher
It’s even an adept minor trait.
Well its kind of obvious because they love warriors, they are OP as hell and they didnt nerf anything in the new patch (even increased some things)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ratphink.4751

Ratphink.4751

I’d be rather surprised if Warriors keep their blast finisher roll after the next patch truth be told. Considering that the majority of their patch was applying blast finishers (I’m no coder, but it feels like it wouldn’t be too hard to apply the same change to projectile skills). So I’d go so far as to say that blast roll will be the next to disappear.

“I have begun my journey in a paper boat without a bottom.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nuhj.8372

Nuhj.8372

Reckless Dodge
Blast Finisher
Well its kind of obvious because they love warriors, they are OP as hell and they didnt nerf anything in the new patch (even increased some things)

I don’t have much playtime on my Warrior but i am like 95% sure that Reckless Dodge is not a blast finisher (anymore?). Would be just another wrong/outdated info on the Wiki.

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

I’m looking directly at the people who complained about exploiting the ‘Spectral Walk’ bug that allowed you to reap all the benefits with it not even in your Utility Bar.

And now we’re the only class who loses swiftness when we enter the water.

Fix the bug and screw balance.

I don’t lose it when I enter water.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Oh, I forgot. 2 stacks of bleeding + regen. It’s still powerful. And no, it’s not a bug.

Except that mark of blood is supposed to give 3 stacks of bleeding, not 2.

It’s like they copied and pasted the mark of blood code for the trait, and forgot to modify it when they decided to update the staff mark it’s based on.

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Reckless Dodge
Blast Finisher

I don’t have much playtime on my Warrior but i am like 95% sure that Reckless Dodge is not a blast finisher (anymore?). Would be just another wrong/outdated info on the Wiki.

Almost as if they had some kind of trigger signal for blast finish on dodge, and someone managed to get it backwards. This so that it defaulted to blast when it should not, or something similar. Now they have fixed the underlying issue, and it fixed all professions across the board.